X-Men Solicits: January & February 2021.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

X-MEN LEGENDS #1

No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW TALES STARRING YOUR FAVORITE X-MEN, SPANNING CLASSIC ERAS!

Break out the yellows and blues, fire up the Danger Room and snap on your pouches as legendary X-writers return to classic eras of the mutant super heroes in ALL-NEW, in-continuity stories set during their fan-favorite runs! Fabian Nicieza kicks off the series with a special saga of CYCLOPS and HAVOK, as the SHI'AR return to Earth in search of the FORSAKEN ONE! But what secret will the Summers brothers uncover, and how will its revelation change what you thought you knew about the X-Men?

Get ready for a story decades in the making! And come back each month as we dive deeper to expand the X-MEN mythos!

Welcome back, legends: Hope you survive the experience.

S.W.O.R.D. #2

No Caption Provided

AL EWING (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A/C)

WHAT IS PROTOCOL V?

The S.W.O.R.D. station is thrown in at the deep end of a planetary crisis as Krakoa battles the KING IN BLACK! While a cross-division team take on latex dragons from outer space, Abigail Brand prepares a deniable operation all her own. What is PROTOCOL V - and can the Earth survive it?

S.W.O.R.D. #3

No Caption Provided

AL EWING (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A/C)

TAKE A TRIP WITH THE EVERYWHERE MAN!

The Void-God has overtaken the Earth. Top-level mutants have been assimilated. Protocol V is in effect. But space is a big place... and a lot of things happen there at once. Walk a mile in the Manifold's shoes, as S.W.O.R.D.'s Quintician takes a multi-artist journey across the universe and back... and comes face to face with S.W.O.R.D.'s deadliest enemy.

JUGGERNAUT Issue #5 of 5

No Caption Provided

FABIAN NICIEZA (W) • RON GARNEY (A) • Cover by GEOFFREY SHAW

IT’S NOT THE END…HE’S UNSTOPPABLE!

The JUGGERNAUT just keeps barreling down the path of righteousness — right into the hands of some very dangerous people. But the question is: for all his personal growth…can Cain Marko save anyone but himself?

Children of the Atom #1

No Caption Provided

VITA AYALA (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • Cover by R.B. SILVA

WHEN DID THE X–MEN GET SIDEKICKS?!

Now! Don’t miss the debut of the greatest teenage super hero team of all time! They’ve learned from the best, now they’re ready to be put to the test! But who the heck are these kids, and where do they come from? Guest-starring the X–Men!

CABLE #7

No Caption Provided

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)

A TALE OF TWO TIMELINES!

Reeling from the events of X OF SWORDS, Cable turns back to the matter of missing mutant babies… a matter he knows a thing or two about.

CABLE #8

No Caption Provided

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)

LUCKY TO MEET YOU !

Cable gets together with his – ahem - intimate friend Domino long before they ever met! Will it be a fortunate encounter? Or has Cable met his match?

WOLVERINE #9

No Caption Provided

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY RYAN BROWN

Marvel Vs Alien Variant Cover by R.B.SILVA

WEAPON X – TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!

WOLVERINE’s back in MADRIPOOR for an underworld criminal auction specializing in super hero artifacts that will surface more than just bad memories for the mutant formerly known as WEAPON X!

WOLVERINE #10

No Caption Provided

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A/C)

Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT

VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH

JUST LIKE THE BAD OLD DAYS!

WOLVERINE gets into a jam with his old Team X compatriot MAVERICK…but the reunion won't

last long if they can't break free of the LEGACY HOUSE!

HELLIONS #8

No Caption Provided

ZEB WELLS (W) • STEPHEN SEGOVIA (A/C)

SMILE!

It was a simple mission: retrieve NANNY’S ship and create a new containment armor for the recently resurrected ORPHAN-MAKER. But the emergence of an old enemy and his deadly warriors make their renewed life a hell on Earth for the HELLIONS!

HELLIONS #9

No Caption Provided

ZEB WELLS (W) • STEPHEN SEGOVIA (A/C)

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MUTANT?

MR. SINISTER is missing! Will the Hellions be able to put aside the tensions poised to split the team apart long enough to unravel the mystery? On the upside, at least Sinister found his cape.

X-FACTOR #6

No Caption Provided

LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)

Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN

DEATH SCREAM!

Siryn is dead. Again. And again. And again.

X-FACTOR #7

No Caption Provided

LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • DAVID BALDEÓN (A)

Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN

WHO'S THAT KNOCKING?

A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.

X-MEN #17

No Caption Provided

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • BRETT BOOTH (A)

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

STORM THE EMPIRE!

When the Shi’ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.

X-MEN #18

No Caption Provided

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

BLACK HISTORY MONTH VERIANT COVER BY ERNANDA SOUZA

INSIDE THE VAULT!

It's been a long time since the team went into the vault. A long time.

X-FORCE #16

No Caption Provided

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JOSHUA CASSARA (A/C)

MARVEL vs ALIEN VARIANT COVER by SALVADOR Larroca

TERRORS OF THE DEEP!

FORGE, WOLVERINE and QUENTIN QUIRE brave the depths of the sea, where a deadly discovery reveals a dark side of KRAKOA.

X-FORCE #17

No Caption Provided

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JOSHUA CASSARA (A/C)

LOVE AND DEATH!

Death gives QUENTIN QUIRE a new lease on life. Long live Quentin Quire!

NEW MUTANTS #15

No Caption Provided

VITA AYALA (W) • ROD REIS (A/C)

ONCE MORE INTO THE CRUCIBLE!

As KARMA and DANI delve deeper into their nightmares, a spider sets his eyes on the most vulnerable of the NEW MUTANTS...Meanwhile, in the Wild Hunt, children play at being adults and prepare for the fight of their lives.

NEW MUTANTS #16

No Caption Provided

VITA AYALA (W) • ROD REIS (A)

Cover by CHRISTIAN WARD

TO BE REBORN...

In the Wild Hunt, someone is looking for friends in all the wrong places. Someone else is missing without a trace. And plans which have long been in motion…begin to unfurl.

EXCALIBUR #17

No Caption Provided

TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)

Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR

QUEEN ELIZABETH III?!?

Opportunities and opportunists. Two heads-of-state seek to restore the state of things.

EXCALIBUR #18

No Caption Provided

TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A) • Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR

VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

THE WOMAN ON THE SHORE!

As the Council makes moves to protect mutants in the Otherworld, Excalibur must determine the fate of Betsy Braddock.

MARAUDERS #17

No Caption Provided

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • STEFANO CASELLI (A)

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

MARVEL vs ALIEN VARIANT COVER

by SALVADOR Larroca

REMATCH!

Storm versus Calisto. This time, it’s personal.

MARAUDERS #18

No Caption Provided

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • STEFANO CASELLI (A)

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

THE PAST IS NOT THE PAST!

The Marauder returns to Madripoor to pay tribute to a fallen friend… but all the while old enemies are being forged anew

KING IN BLACK #4 (OF 5)

No Caption Provided

DONNY CATES (W) • RYAN STEGMAN (A/C)

WHAT'S A GOD TO A KING?

KING IN BLACK: MARAUDERS #1

No Caption Provided

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • LUKE ROSS (A) • Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

THE QUEEN IN RED SAILS!

Red Queen Kate Pryde and her crew of Marauders set sail against the forces of Knull! Captain Kate has pledged to fight for the needy, and a global disaster like this one gives plenty of folks in need.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am calling it right now. Children of the Atom is what will start the Chimera sub-plot back in House/ Powers of X.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: nah, I'm thinking Hellions is where that's gonna come from

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@pyrofn: nah, I'm thinking Hellions is where that's gonna come from

oh no im not getting tricked again to buy "x-men legends" although "giant size x-men" reboot was good LOL

2) "king in black??!?!?!" they looks like venom creatures LOL

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm puzzled as to why they print so many series.

None of them outside of Wolverine, X-Men proper and maybe X-Force (because Wolverine is in it) crack the top 50 in sales. Which means Marvel could make more money getting superchats from youtube videos about what color underwear Iron Man wears or something then they do in returns for these series.

Will the Hellions be able to put aside the tensions poised to split the team apart long enough to unravel the mystery?

Yeah, nobody cares. This will be canceled in like 5-8 more issues.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's Wolverine and even that one is in thin ice...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them outside of Wolverine, X-Men proper and maybe X-Force (because Wolverine is in it) crack the top 50 in sales. Which means Marvel could make more money getting superchats from youtube videos about what color underwear Iron Man wears or something then they do in returns for these series.

Will the Hellions be able to put aside the tensions poised to split the team apart long enough to unravel the mystery?

I very much care and would be very disappointed. Hellions is very good.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@cattlebattle said:

seconded.....though cattle has a point....this exactly the type series that gets canceled. See All New X-Factor for more examples

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@pyrofn said:
@cattlebattle said:

seconded.....though cattle has a point....this exactly the type series that gets canceled. See All New X-Factor for more examples

Well, that's disheartening. I am not arguing, but still sad.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@pyrofn said:
@cattlebattle said:

If you do care, you are in a very small group. This book, and most of the other spin offs, don't sell much more than obscure novels written by nobodies on Amazon. Which is extra sad considering they're related to one of Marvel's top franchises.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They dont sell because there are too many books and its too watered down. Also they dont benefit from the name. To a 1st timer going into a comic shop wanting to pick up Xmen but hearing that they need to read Excalibur and Hellions and Children of the Atom and Marauders all these other names it just doesnt sound like Xmen. They probably would get a boost in sales by just naming it Xmen, Uncanny Xmen and Astonishing Xmen.

Also they could really just combine a few titles. Like imagine if you combined Xforce and Wolverine with Hellions. Tell the same stories just combined. Call it Wolverine's Xforce for marketing purposes because no matter how stupid it may seem to some...Wolverine sells. And a roster where Beast is working like a CIA spook with Sinister being shady while you have Wolverine, Domino, Kwannon and Scalphunter as a strike squad would combine all the great elements from each of these books.

Kitty's stuff is pretty decent but should be added to and combined with the Xmen book along with Xfactor.

You can still ship the same amount of units but just contained in 2-3 books. It would advance the story which helps with readability and each book woukd do the 30k-40k on a biweekly basis.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Nah, the thing about it is, that they release 3 titles a week where even the lower selling titles are outselling alot of the majority of marvels second tier products. Plus their new deal with Diamond since DC left is probably cutting shipping by alot so no real loss

Unless they were to release a $10 mega-title every 2 weeks they wouldn't get the amount of money or story progression they get now.

I mean aside from Thor, X-Books bring in more money every month in the last 2 years then the other Marvel franchises.....

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HAWK2916

@koays: I disagree but honestly they could do the mega title thing

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hawk2916: Nah, the thing about it is, that they release 3 titles a week where even the lower selling titles are outselling alot of the majority of marvels second tier products. Plus their new deal with Diamond since DC left is probably cutting shipping by alot so no real loss

Unless they were to release a $10 mega-title every 2 weeks they wouldn't get the amount of money or story progression they get now.

I mean aside from Thor, X-Books bring in more money every month in the last 2 years then the other Marvel franchises.....

Most titles that are under 50 in sales (most X books) don't sell more than less than a hundred thousand on average. And that's mainly the number that get shipped, that's not even accounting the number that actually gets purchased in a store, which is likely less. Marvel likely makes more revenue from FunkoPop sales. Only a small minority of hipsters actually go to comic shops and buy titles in person these days anyways, most people I know just read them on, uh, "free' comic book websites. Comic books need to change regardless, at their current rate, they're likely not making it to 2025.

My idea is to make them all motion comics that are only available digitally. That way the format of the books can't be copied easily onto illegal websites and you could just charge people for a subscription not to dissimilar from a streaming service.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: not a bad idea. I for one am glad people speak with their wallets and the "free" sites are fine too because who wants to pay 4-5 dollars an issue for only 4 pages of story and the rest filler. I think the motion comics idea is good with a subscription service the same with just doing animated stories and series. I've been saying for a while that driving and advertising an ogn style comic is more productive and a better form of current storytelling than the monthly model complete with delays and all

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: not a bad idea. I for one am glad people speak with their wallets and the "free" sites are fine too because who wants to pay 4-5 dollars an issue for only 4 pages of story and the rest filler. I think the motion comics idea is good with a subscription service the same with just doing animated stories and series. I've been saying for a while that driving and advertising an ogn style comic is more productive and a better form of current storytelling than the monthly model complete with delays and all

I don't have an issue with the illegal sites either, as you say, who wants to pay 5 dollars for a books that's like 15 pages of actual content with 20 pages of adds and writing quality and sometimes art that seems like a 12 year old is responsible for?? In the 80s you could get a comic that's about 35 pages of actual story with lots of dialogue and high end writing and art quality for less than a dollar, which would be about a little over 2 dollars now. The amount of money modern comics is asking for is ridiculous considering the quality. It's a dying medium to say the very least.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: That's....actually a really great idea.

I think that that definitely will encourage people to not only pay to read, but also to experiment with newer titles since it wouldnt be breaking the bank to just sit down for a couple hours an binge a Emma Frost solo or whatever....

It's my real beef with Marvel Unlimited because why would I pay for a service that doesnt have new books or even a complete collection of their old ones whereas some free sites do.....or so I hear.😳

Only downside would of course be the production time on making a motion comic...but honestly, it solves way more problems then it creates.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked X-men Legends.

I just wanted to tell somebody that and my wife didn't care.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked X-men Legends.

I just wanted to tell somebody that and my wife didn't care.

awww lol ^^

twitter cares

also i come here to say what comic i like and dont like

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Also they could really just combine a few titles. Like imagine if you combined Xforce and Wolverine with Hellions. Tell the same stories just combined. Call it Wolverine's Xforce for marketing purposes because no matter how stupid it may seem to some...Wolverine sells. And a roster where Beast is working like a CIA spook with Sinister being shady while you have Wolverine, Domino, Kwannon and Scalphunter as a strike squad would combine all the great elements from each of these books.

That might be the worst idea for a book that I've ever read.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Children of the Vault only really worked when Bachalo drew them....if that makes sense. Like his style lent to making the characters looking more interesting. An analogy I could make is imagine the people who animate Family Guy did Akira or something like that. Different styles. Different characters.

The issues where they debut and battle Cable's X-men team is still one of my favorite X-Men issues from back in the day.

I also kind of find it amusing that the Children of the Vault are supposedly these evolved beings with advanced technology and Serafina is just dressed like she is going to an Anime con and Sangre is just a naked man with slacks on. Cadena always looked cool though she wasn't in this.

And oh yeah, Synch is boring. He was the most boring Gen X member and he has been resurrected to be another boring X-Man.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers