Jean is now a garbage-tier psychic.

That's all folks, farewell

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And then Gentle was able to hold together a reactor to stop the leaking radiation with his hands.

I'm almost sad this book is ending. I laughed so hard reading this.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@koays i think rachel showed up at the end.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nova>Jean. Jean is garbage-tier. That's all folks, farewell

Please give us a longer summary.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol X-Men Red is the scene in the movie where the star player comes back in the last quarter and scores 40 points to tie up the game and then trips and falls into the popcorn stand just as the buzzer goes off.

So good right up until it needed to be. Nothing wrong with the Nano sentinels or defeating Nova with the thing Jean is best at....but dear god everyone except Jean got to be impressive.

Smh I'm not even joking, but if you took Jean out of these last two issues freaking Honeybadger and Trinary would've still been able to do all of this.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Does the "everyone gets Magento helmets" idea seem like something a 13 year old came up with to anyone else?? Or is it just me??

2. I am pretty sure Magneto's helmet blocking telepathy is something that was only a thing in the movies. Are writers required to do any research at all??

3. Why do certain characters need helmets?? I assume Nova's telepathy is just as powerful as Xavier's. Haven't characters like Gambit been shown to have telepathic blocks that not even Xavier can surpass??

4. Similarly, Thor has been shown to resist really powerful telepaths, because, you know, he's a God and all and Captain America has been shown to be pretty resistant as well. Why do they need helmets??

5. Jean gives high school writing class tier, platitude filled speech at the end to the United Nations cough cliche cough where she dismisses division and says were all the same and then shows a future where apparently everyone is some sort of non-human, thus sort of suggesting humanity will be deracinated and wiped out.

It's all so tiresome.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Koays

@cattlebattle said:

5. Jean gives high school writing class tier, platitude filled speech at the end to the United Nations cough cliche cough where she dismisses division and says were all the same and then shows a future where apparently everyone is some sort of non-human, thus sort of suggesting humanity will be deracinated and wiped out.

Well, at least it's good continuity. Now we know why in Uncanny X-Men #1 she's gone from speaking to the United Nations to hoping to God Kitty shows up to speak at a townhall meeting so she doesn't have to.....

*seriously one of those guys is a freaking skrull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Does the "everyone gets Magento helmets" idea seem like something a 13 year old came up with to anyone else?? Or is it just me??

That's exactly what happened.It's gabby.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust said:

And then Gentle was able to hold together a reactor to stop the leaking radiation with his hands.

I'm almost sad this book is ending. I laughed so hard reading this.

And another gabby save.

And that "blow up" joke in the end.lol.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also for no apparent Cassi never used her TK to remove a Magneto helmet from anyone except Jean.

Evidently having the various heroes fighting Jean or themselves would be too much trouble. Because reasons and stuff.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also for no apparent Cassi never used her TK to remove a Magneto helmet from anyone except Jean.

Evidently having the various heroes fighting Jean or themselves would be too much trouble. Because reasons and stuff.

@pyrofn yeah it ended fast and didnt show jean's vision of a better future everyone getting along......i got ripped off

7/10 and im being nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Removed helmet from no one except jean who's the one actually had the tk to hold on to the helmet.Cassie is a great villain.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, where the heck was Forge in all this?

I mean I know people downplay what he’s capable of, but given even a weeks time he should have been able to whip up some nasty surprises.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what I've always thought.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: No....she really didnt. I'm convinced Rachel's latest disappearance is just more bad parenting from Jean. The last canonical time we saw Rachel Jean told her that Storm was waiting for her just outside of Genosha and then we cut to a scene of Storm standing next to Jean in Atlantis. Poor Rachel is still out there waiting for Storm because she's sure "mommy wouldn't lie". Smh dam Zombie.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, where the heck was Forge in all this?

I mean I know people downplay what he’s capable of, but given even a weeks time he should have been able to whip up some nasty surprises.

Forge is a Vietnam veteran. He is likely dead from an overdose on opioids prescribed for his PTSD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I thought this is her at the "end."

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Not really. As Jean pointed out, she wasn’t out to kill Cassandra to begin with. That means she was holding back.

And if we take a look at her, she was mauled at one scan, then just fine in another. She should be as ripped to shreds as she was before. Either it’s an artist discreapancy, Jean has healing regeneration somehow, or Jean was never that worse off to begin with and it was another psychic illusion. Someone would have to ask Tom about that.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: And I guess we will forever question on whose better: Cassie or Jean?

Because Jean points out once more that she was never out to kil Cassandra and in the story, we see Jean mauled at one moment, but completely fine the next we see her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@marvelfan1992: Not really. As Jean pointed out, she wasn’t out to kill Cassandra to begin with. That means she was holding back.

And if we take a look at her, she was mauled at one scan, then just fine in another. She should be as ripped to shreds as she was before. Either it’s an artist discreapancy, Jean has healing regeneration somehow, or Jean was never that worse off to begin with and it was another psychic illusion. Someone would have to ask Tom about that.

I guess those kisess with logan indeed helped her.

Seems like red is comics's equivalent to Snyder's DCEU.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PyroFN

@cattlebattle: 1) No. Your average thirteen year old would probably have Jean defeat Nova and save everyone in a straight forward way. Or have whoever their favorite character is solo Nova and whoever stands in their way.

2) At this point, you can’t realy say that, because now comics have for years established Magnetos helmet as his psychic barrier. This is far from a new development, but we could say the movies started the trend.

3) Yes, and so has Storm, yet she has as of late fallen to psychic attack multiple times. It’s apparent that whatever psychic resistance that these characters used to have, no longer exist. Which to me is fine since now psychic resistance seems to be the end all rather than just an obstacle for telepaths to try to surpass.

“No, they have telepathic blocking, I’M USELESS!!!!”

4) It’s probably safe to say anyone Xavier level can handle the minds of a god. Ergo why Xavier could communicate with Galactus without being overwhelmed by just an interaction.

5) I’m more curious about if she is showing only the UN or if she is showing the world her said vision. Needless to say, it’s obvious the the problem was still a complicated thing since in Uncanny, Jean is still dealing with bigots.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

it's the final issue and Nova is the main villain so it's disappointing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

5) I’m more curious about if she is showing only the UN or if she is showing the world her said vision. Needless to say, it’s obvious the the problem was still a complicated thing since in Uncanny, Jean is still dealing with bigots.

Doesn't matter.Her vision is six feet under now where it belongs.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

1. Or they would have a load of characters wear Magneto's helmet.

2. Absolutely. Magneto's helmet has shown to have nothing to do with with his psychic barriers more times than it hasn't.

3. Yeah, so you agree with me that the writers don't really care about anything that has come before, yeah??

4.So are you just making this up?? Moondragon was more powerful than Xavier and she couldn't effect Thor, even during AvX Emma with the Phoenix Force was bodied when she tried to breach Thor's mind.

5. Jean is showing non mutants they won't exist one day apparently.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@cattlebattle: 1) No. Your average thirteen year old would probably have Jean defeat Nova and save everyone in a straight forward way. Or have whoever their favorite character is solo Nova and whoever stands in their way.

hmm makes you think about who really stopped Nova.....

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did jean forget not a few days ago she actually invaded Poland & India?And X-23/honeybadger cut off security officer's fingers?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Tom Taylor really tried to hammer in the pacifist I’ve route for Jean, but changing Cassie was not something I agree should’ve happened. It removes a villain that could be used in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@jhazzroucher: Tom Taylor really tried to hammer in the pacifist I’ve route for Jean, but changing Cassie was not something I agree should’ve happened. It removes a villain that could be used in the future.

As if writers acknowledges continuity for their story.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: The hero we don’t deserve.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: He does. That doesn’t mean his decisions are always good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@mrnihal: He does. That doesn’t mean his decisions are always good.

I'm sorry.Who does?

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll just ...

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I think that with Xavier out of the picture for the foreseeable future, having Cassandra put on ice is pretty good. Granted I dont like how he did it, since i feel Jean shouldve held her ground better against Nova first, or even used her own powers or natural empathy for others to create a similar effect. (Just imagine how satisfying it wouldve been for Nova to almost take over Jean's mind only for Jean to open herself up to all the feelings a d emotions she felt in the first issue then used her self as a empathy bridge to Nova)

But I do like the idea that at any moment that device could fail and this godlike psychic with no compassion and pension for complex plots will be unleashed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I think that with Xavier out of the picture for the foreseeable future, having Cassandra put on ice is pretty good. Granted I dont like how he did it, since i feel Jean shouldve held her ground better against Nova first, or even used her own powers or natural empathy for others to create a similar effect. (Just imagine how satisfying it wouldve been for Nova to almost take over Jean's mind only for Jean to open herself up to all the feelings a d emotions she felt in the first issue then used her self as a empathy bridge to Nova)

But I do like the idea that at any moment that device could fail and this godlike psychic with no compassion and pension for complex plots will be unleashed.

That would've been better.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:
@koays said:

I think that with Xavier out of the picture for the foreseeable future, having Cassandra put on ice is pretty good. Granted I dont like how he did it, since i feel Jean shouldve held her ground better against Nova first, or even used her own powers or natural empathy for others to create a similar effect. (Just imagine how satisfying it wouldve been for Nova to almost take over Jean's mind only for Jean to open herself up to all the feelings a d emotions she felt in the first issue then used her self as a empathy bridge to Nova)

That would've been better.

That's a better idea.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it was pretty clear that Nova > Jean. There wasn't much ambiguity there...

Very disappointing ending.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Reading your arguments is so much fun! Love how you stand up for Jean Grey. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Kinda stupid of Jean to show humans a future where their fears come true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the issue was fine up until the end. Seemed more like a cop out and I don’t really like the idea of rewireing a person’s brain to feel guilt.

I wish we got to see more of the battle between Jean and Cassandra. But at least we know where Jean stands compared to other telepaths now. Charles, Cassandra, and Shadowking are still on top.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish we got to see more of the battle between Jean and Cassandra. But at least we know where Jean stands compared to other telepaths now. Charles, Cassandra, and Shadowking are still on top.

Very true!

As for Uncanny X-Men, the gap between Jean & Psylocke's telepathy is getting much smaller!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Skill wise or power wise? It isn’t power that she needs.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers