X-Men Of The Year Vote: Worst X-Men Character of the Year

• 92 results
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll X-Men Of The Year Vote: Worst X-Men Character of the Year (48 votes)

Beast 15%
Havok 4%
Glob Herman 15%
Gabby 21%
Kitty Pryde 27%
The O5 19%

Worst X-Men Character of the year 2018.

• 
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm pretty sure Beast will win.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Should've done multiple choice.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I just realize there is The O5 option. But they're going to be gone anyways so yeah, I'll stick with Beast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I just realize there is The O5 option. But they're going to be gone anyways so yeah, I'll stick with Beast.

Like i said,multiple choice should've been given.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Oddly enough, none of these options have been that grating this year.

The O5 had some good stories and I like Gabby.

I’m starting to warm up to Rosenbergs Beast and beyond that, he has been pretty absent from the X-Men.

Havok was good in Blue as a villain, but I was not impressed with him in Astonishing, so they kinda negate each other.

I chose Glob by default for, well, just being there. It’s sad really, but Lenore soured me for Glob, so now I’m in a cold “I don’t care what happens to you, but I would much rather you not be there” mood.

I nominate Bishop. I feel the same way as I felt about Glob with him, only he is actually a main X-Man, so he is around a lot more often.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

Honey Badger. Still can't believe that's a real thing.

It's like some stoner saw the famous Honey Badger video from years ago, said to themselves "hey, that looks just like a wolverine, like, dude, what if there was a Marvel character that was Wolverine's sidekick called Honey Badger....that would be, like, funny" and created another pointless character for giggles.

Her full code name isn't "Crazy, Nasty Ass Honey Badger" though, which is admittedly disappointing. :(

I'll be waiting for the Wolverine family to further grow with "Polecat" and "Tree Shrew" coming next summer.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JCG79

The Honey Badger issue will resolve itself in due time when her creator moves on and the comics she appear in stops selling.

Of course, if other writers also likes the character and most readers actually don't mind her then you're screwed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 05 are the worst followed by gabby.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Lol, honestly Bishop feels like hes being written the same way he was Pre-Messiah Complex....which was basically "This guys an ass why is he an X-Man?"

Never really liked him.

Had to nominate Kitty because to prove a point that the Storm fans are the only ones who hate her.

The O5 havent been as bad this year as they were in past years. But there presence represents a fundamental problem in creative.

Honey Badger....I have to be fair, honey badger is a Mary Sue. And I have to acknowledge the problems with that. Everything from her codename to her fighting style is childish and yet she is this wise beyond her years sage who also happens to be the answer to our every problem.

Havok was part if the terrible Mothervine line up. And as interesting as the set up was, the people chosen to be on the team were shitty. Astonishing was great for him though....I also now ship Havok an Dazzler.

Glob is pointless and only creative seems to like him, while everyone else ignores him.(something that's been going on for like 17years without anyone asking for anything about him)

Beast though....hes defending champion of unlikable characters.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lol, honestly Bishop feels like hes being written the same way he was Pre-Messiah Complex....which was basically "This guys an ass why is he an X-Man?"

Never really liked him.

I think Bishop was brought back and is being so heavily pushed due to the X-Men's lack of a prominent black male character, and I am not even joking unfortunately, it is a problem these days where a character's race and or ethnicity is favored over how interesting they are. I actually like Bishop, but I think he worked best when he was a wayward, time displaced militia member trying to find the key to saving his future. That gimmick ran out of gas like twenty years ago regrettably.

And, yeah, it's bizarre that nobody remembers how he was during the Messiah Complex. Didn't he have a robot arm as well?? What happened there??

@koays said:

Honey Badger....I have to be fair, honey badger is a Mary Sue. And I have to acknowledge the problems with that. Everything from her codename to her fighting style is childish and yet she is this wise beyond her years sage who also happens to be the answer to our every problem.

Oh, so she is how Kitty Pryde and Dani Moonstar were in the 80s. Interesting.

@koays said:

Glob is pointless and only creative seems to like him, while everyone else ignores him.(something that's been going on for like 17years without anyone asking for anything about him)

Glob looks and is silly. A huge component of modern day comics seems to imitate the the style of humor and presentation we see in shows like Adventure Time and Rick and Morty where it's more about weirdness and micro humor than it is about characters or their flaws. Hence why a lot of teams and titles these days are loaded with goofy characters like Squirrel Girl, GwenPool, Ms. Marvel etc. and all of which have really cartoon-y art as well. Not all Marvel titles are like that, but a lot are. The Younger mutants seem to always be featured in this fashion.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kitty is the worst but am i the only one who like the O5 ????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: You know, the funny thing is that I've had the exact thought about Bishop being brought back simply because hes the only prominent Black Male X-Man.

He has a great dynamic with Storm and Psylocke that's been great in almost all of their appearances together....but otherwise he doesnt really fit in with the other X-mens dynamic as he doesnt really have much character motivation(which may or may not be related to damage from the Messiah Complex retcon or just his character running out of ways to stay relevant) which even characters like Polaris can muster up when they get randomly put on teams.

Honeybadger is considerably worst then Kitty was even when its laid out. I mean Kitty at least had moments where she was written(as I believe was the original intention) as the child outsider who's world view isnt as black and white as the adults and who doesnt possess a filter to stop her from pointing it out(whether right OR wrong). Honeybadger....Honeybadger gave a life lesson on team work to Jean Grey. And say what you will about Kitty talking down to the freaking beyonder, but talking to the X-men paragon of teamwork and supporting others, who recently came back to life(which always makes people more enlightened for some reason) and telling her she needs to rely on others while leaning coolly against the wall.....that's painful.

I hadn't really thought about it, but I read an article a long while back which was mostly about 90's and early 00's cartoons VS more recent cartoons and it sounds eerily like that point. Like really it explains why a background character like Glob from New X-men can be over looked for years before suddenly regaining prominence only because the creative climate has changed to be more accepting of a one note weirdo like Glob as opposed to say an equal weird but more nuanced character like Beak. Smh....I thought my childhood was only being ruined on TV.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

The 05 are the worst followed by gabby.

Ahahahaha. :)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays:

A lot of X-men are like that, as in they lost the initiative or motivation for why they were introduced in the first place. So they wind up being random X-man #23785 and it kind of sucks. However, that problem just stems from the characters being stagnant and never being allowed to progress, or when they are given a new thing, like how some writers evidently wanted Bishop to turn evil, it is later stifled by later writers.

I figured. I just like to always bring up how Kitty and other characters were essentially "mary sues" in the 80s, albeit, better written marys sues, but still. It's funny that this has always been a consistent thing in the X-Men comics and people will always misassociate "strong female characters" with female characters that are sort of written ridiculously. I mean, yeah, the women could always pass the Bechdel Test but on the same hand some of them can have enough power to defeat a Herald of Galactus with very little experience in using their said power. Kind of an unbalanced trade off.

Well, it seems that there is a push for the younger mutants to be more silly and "kid friendly" these days for some reason. I couldn't tell you if it's editorial or what, but Glob Herman rising to prominence (can't believe I just typed that) Honey Badger, Nature Girl with her antlers, Shark Girl, the return of Eye Boy etc. is all very indicative of the writers trying to bring a more spurious in their depiction of what the younger mutants are about.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kitty is the worst but am i the only one who like the O5 ????

No but the number of people who like the 05 is small. Very, very small.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: You are from the only one that likes the O5.

Most people just want them to go home and now that they are, their cries are dying down.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Don’t forget Honeybadgers ever so vast wisdom of looking at things from a different perspective.

As @gladeusex would and has pointed out to me, she basically solved Jeans problem with Cassandra regarding the fake video by redirecting Jeans thinking on a another path.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know why Beast is one of the choices.

As for Glob Herman, I still consider him a new character and he's unique.

I like Gabby.

I like Kitty too but I know why she's getting a lot of hate.

And I hated the O5 because the X-men staff could have used other x-men characters and made adult Cyclops' death and adult Jean grey's return underwhelming.

But why is Havok on the poll?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:

@pyrofn said:

@koays: Don’t forget Honeybadgers ever so vast wisdom of looking at things from a different perspective.

As @gladeusex would and has pointed out to me, she basically solved Jeans problem with Cassandra regarding the fake video by redirecting Jeans thinking on a another path.

now i want to make a thread who do u like more O5 teens or Gabby......poll LOL

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher:

@pyrofn said:

now i want to make a thread who do u like more O5 teens or Gabby......poll LOL

You don't need to. The O5 will definitely lose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did have a bad year.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:
@jhazzroucher said:

He did have a bad year.

how? I mean I don't know how he had a bad year.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Oh boy, don't get me started.

'Wisdom' is something that comes from being wise - i.e., learned experience. At her age and current story points, she should have a negative modifier to wisdom - and if you play enough Dungeons and Dragons, that ain't a great thing.

And it's all because the people writing her have cringeworthy motiffs they want to convey through her. It's ideology at the expense of characterization, and as someone who written RP's more often than I should, it's made me question becoming any sort of writer myself.

Put credit to Gabby if you want, but she's so badly written, propagated, represented, and is roasted on youtube more times than people actually credit her.

And now that I think about it, Gabby did not 'solve' Jean's problem. I remember distinctly that you were trying to value her as a member of the team by providing insight and perspective, and now I'm repeating the what I said then, and above - she's written via blunt force. She's included where she doesn't belong, her character changes to whatever the writer wants, and they are trying to make you like her via Stockholm Syndrome.

I'd throw her into the distaff version of Mount Doom, but knowing Marvel, they'd dredge her up and have pancakes for breakfast.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gabby...she is such a useless character.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@pyrofn: Lol, honestly Bishop feels like hes being written the same way he was Pre-Messiah Complex....which was basically "This guys an ass why is he an X-Man?"

Never really liked him.

Had to nominate Kitty because to prove a point that the Storm fans are the only ones who hate her.

The O5 havent been as bad this year as they were in past years. But there presence represents a fundamental problem in creative.

Havok was part if the terrible Mothervine line up. And as interesting as the set up was, the people chosen to be on the team were shitty. Astonishing was great for him though....I also now ship Havok an Dazzler.

Beast though....hes defending champion of unlikable characters.

It's scary, but I find myself agreeing with Koays a lot lately.

Everything he said above I echo.

I voted Honey Bear. She seriously needs to get less face time. Way too perfect.

Kitty is leading the poll right now at 36%. She's way out in front of everyone else. I guess this is what happens when you shove a character down every ones throats constantly for the last few years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:
@jhazzroucher said:

He did have a bad year.

how? I mean I don't know how he had a bad year.

X-men blue & astonishing.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them, listed and not. But Kitty stood out the most. From little I've seen from her, I'd rather never see her again.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa, Kitty is leading.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Actually, if we consider her on paper, she probably one of the most useful X-Men around.

If she weren’t so young, she’d probably be as useful as she sounds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@thewatcherking: Actually, if we consider her on paper, she probably one of the most useful X-Men around.

In paper,she is much more useful then jean grey & should've been the team leader all along.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Mind elaborating?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: No. She should’ve gone for presidency instead of Kitty Pryde.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Didn't you read red today?Jean will be best president.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

@pyrofn: Didn't you read red today?Jean will be best president.

I still prefer Storm. :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: She is a Wolverine who feels absolutely no pain and has had training similar to Laura and has so far, been capable of solving or help solving problems that other X-characters have trouble with.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: I thought Jean was gonna be a motivational speaker.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: First female president.

Just thinking can logan behave as "first gentleman".

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@thewatcherking: She is a Wolverine who feels absolutely no pain and has had training similar to Laura and has so far, been capable of solving or help solving problems that other X-characters have trouble with.

Well Jean can control other people's minds

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Do you wanna attract hope and jhaz over to rally against that?

But to answer your question, in public, technically yes. Everywhere else, heck no.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: That’s why I said one of the most useful X-Men. Not the most useful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@mrnihal: Do you wanna attract hope and jhaz over to rally against that?

But to answer your question, in public, technically yes. Everywhere else, heck no.

The secret service is gonna have hard time dealing with logan's boozing.And of course the annual brain washing by hydra/hand.I pity the secret service,they deserve better.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Red_Paladin_
@mrnihal said:

The secret service is gonna have hard time dealing with logan's boozing.And of course the annual brain washing by hydra/hand.I pity the secret service,they deserve better.

Well given that it's almost impossible for him to get drunk, (Short of him chugging a constant supply of Romulan Ale) I doubt that would be an issue, also he would have less reason to drink with Jean around, although the constant risk of Psychopaths\secret organizations attacking the Whitehouse, and government events, would be the greater issue, not to mention Mutant hate groups, they would likely need to recruit people like Electra, Echo, Sage and Psylocke to run security, and would need a PR team that can handle any situation, how do they present either of their family situations for example?

Still I'd totally read a book about them in that situation... :)

I could totally see the PR team pushing the angle of Logan's military backround, and having been a member of the Avengers, that they met at a prodigious school where they both became members of the teaching staff, and have even run the school at different times, that both have traveled the world, and even been to Space.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_:

That was a joke.

And just to clear, mutant president is not something i want to see in any what if story.Mutants can do better.

I didn't like the 100th anniversary special or whatever it was where Scott was the president @hopesummersforthefuture

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By Red_Paladin_

@mrnihal said:

@red_paladin_:

That was a joke.

And a mutant president is not something i want to see in any what if story.Mutants can do better.

I didn't like the 100th anniversary special or whatever it was where Scott was the president @hopesummersforthefuture

Yeah I get that, I just thought it was a fun topic, I'd read it as a what if?, definitely wouldn't want it to be 616 though, kind of break the premise of hated and feared if they did...

Oh and I didn't really like that issue either, I did enjoy Vote Loki though...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

X-23

garbage character

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kitty is the worst, getting all the attention she doesnt deserve while great people like storm are in the back ground.........storm should be front-runner.........they messed it up with storm didnt do a good job against the inhumans BS

@jhazzroucher us got to stick together

@pyrofn :P XP XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

X-23

garbage character