X-Men No More Humans trade

freefall1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone out there have any non spoiler opinions on this trade? I think it links from the Battle of the Atom arc, but is a stand alone trade. Is that right? Does it ad anything significant to that arc? I guess it takes place in the crummy future? Would any of you recommend or not recommend?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

@freefall1025: I read it and did a review on it under a blog, but if you're looking for non-spoilers, then I'll just give you a gist. It doesn't link from Battle of the Atom, but it has one character from that arc in it. It doesn't add anything significant to BotA at all. And it takes place in modern day 616 continuity, but is a standalone, so it doesn't really impact anything. Recommending it depends. I paid $24 for it and I enjoyed it for the most part. It's not essential to read and as I said doesn't really impact anything. If you want a story that is standalone and you don't have to worry too much about continuity, go for it. I think it reads similar to Battle of the Atom, and it could easily replace the lackluster event as a better version of what it was. It had some good interactions, gives focus to a number of characters, good dialogue, the action scenes were done pretty well. Larocca is amazing in it. Overall, it was solid. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't just "meh" or terrible. If you want to pay the $20+ for it, then go for it. If you can get it cheaper or borrow it, then I'd recommend that.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@god_spawn: thanks, I'd been wondering about that as well.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator
Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Review: STOOOPID.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, I totally forgot about this one. Might look into getting it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, recommended getting it. It's a fun read at least and as history has told us books like this tend to become more important in storylines down the road, and by the end of the book you'll see that there are things that can easily become story fodder

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Like Battle of the Atom, it's an irrelevant story. It's not very interesting. There's some Phoenix stuff in the story. So if you're interested in that, I'd say read up on it online. But it's not worth the $24.99 its selling for. Writing is meh. And Salvador Larocca's art back in X-treme X-men was waaaaaay better than this. (Don't take my opinion for it. Do a google image search. You'll see. :))