X-Men General Discussion

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will gladly give Fox as much money as they need and more (which I did since I went seeing Logan twice at IMAX which simply had never happened before) if they can do movies like Logan on a consistent basis. And if they do, quite frankly also be grateful that they maintain the movierights because I want something more that the rubber-stamp that is MCU. I honestly wish to know where would they be without the blessing that are the Russo brothers. From what I heard, it was their push that made the Winter Soldier the success that it is instead of First Avenger stylistic sequel which would've also automatically resulted in yet another cinematic abomination. Another rumor or more like an insider information I heard, the production of Civil War was almost certainly about to be, once again, yet another Iron Man 2 in the making... if not for the same blessing I've mentioned before.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: That is not exactly her fault, unless there was something you saw that she lacked in her performance. The only thing missing was the apparent "chill out, Scott!" type relationship she has with Scott, let alone their romantic relationship. That I can do without, rather not rush that if anything. The only thing I saw was lacking was a little more screentime, an issue shared with the rest of the X-kids. I find the answer to be letting her have more lines, which inevitably would be solved in Supernova.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@pyrofn: Jean and Scott actually got around as much screentime as Magneto and Mystique according to estimates. They just didn't have as much presence as the First Class cast, which is fine according the movie was mainly about closure.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp. In other X-related news, there's a new hot couple that just sprang out of Uncanny Avengers 22..... It is Rogue..... and.... Deadpool.... Rogue and Deadpool. ROGUE AND DEADPOOL.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PyroFN

@DevilMayehm666: That would also be fault of the script rather than the actor, but insightful nonetheless. Thanks for the info.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yup. Rogue and Deadpool. I don't follow the comic so I don't know what led up to it or why but I saw a scan of them kissing. Rogue absorbed Deadpool's powers, talked a bit and then she kisses him.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raunjisto: I am hoping that by absorbing his life-force, it just made her crazy, rather than her voluntarily kissing him. She is not Deadpool's type.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wish the X-Men crossovers with Minecraft: Story Mode, because I really like them both. And if they do, it would be so amazing.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay Rogue and Deadpool, that's just wrong on so many levels. The X titles really are throwing everything they have at the wall right now and hoping something sticks, aren't they?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#61  Edited By Teerack
@pyrofn said:

@teerack: I can understand your frustrations with Fox. That said, you can't claim that they've never worked as a team in big fights, it sadly just took them awhile and started at the third one, one of the worst. Magneto's army vs the U.S. army and X-Men. First Class they fought the Hellfire Club on the beach together, Days of Future Past the future X-Men fended off against the Sentinels on two occasions, and X-Men: Apocalypse had them against the Horsemen and later Apocalypse. (Granted, Jean did the grunt of the work and is debatable as to whether the others were really needed, but you ant deny that they came in to help) The X-Men also do need to go to war to be a team. X-Men 1: Scott and Storm saving Logan and Rogue from Sabertooth and the exploding vehicle. (Two people atill counts as a team) Later at Lady Liberty, Jean catches and lifts Logan, Storm steadies Logan, and Scott shot him up. X2: Storm and Jean find Kurt together. Storm and Jean fend off against military jets and Kurt saves Rogue from falling out. (You can't honestly tell me that Kurt never would have saved anyone else if they fell out like Rogue did. If no one would have fallen, great, he wasn't needed, but he was definitely good insurance and him acting on his own shows that he didn't need to be asked to help out the team, especially later on.) We actually get some cooperation between Mystique and Magneto. The former infiltrates, Nightcrawler gave Jean the intel on the place when she looked into his mind, and Jean and Magneto handle the soldiers when they get to Mystique. Storm and Kurt also save the captured stufents and free the Professor when Jean alerts them of a mutant trapping him in an illusion. Last Stand: Storm and Logan investigate Alkalai Lake and accompany Xavier to Jeans home. First Class: Mostly Magneto and Xavier working to find mutants, but they also help confront Emma together. Days of Future Past: Kitty Pryde sends Logan thought time to change the past while the future X-Men defend him and Kitty. They later enlist Quicksilver to help them with Magneto's escape. Apocalypse: The young X-Men work together to free the captured Mystique, Beast, Moira McTaggart, and Quicksilver.

As far as the taking of liberties, Marvel is just as guilty of taking liberties as Fox.

I liked Days of Future Past and they did show some good team work there, but it was more the fact that it was like the first time it had happened and it was really just a cool way to show the x-men dying. That all aside after DoFP gave me some hope for the future they went right back into the same old fox x-men bullshit in Apocalypse and I had enough of it.

It's honestly not even worth arguing about. The Fox super hero movies are bad compared to the Disney ones. If you wanna take things further then that lets just considering all the other ways supporting Fox hurts the x-men.

• We've seen how marvel has jumped threw hoops to make the rest of their universe as diverse as the x-men and its ended with a universe where the core marvel cast has become almost second fiddle to randoms who haven't had time to really earn their place in things. Wouldn't it be nice if Marvel could just focus on all the different diverse characters who have been around and cool since the 70s?
  • The X-Men are almost always left out of the big events and marvel promotional art. Marvel has only reattempted it recently post secret wars.
  • We haven't had good x-men figures and collectibles in almost a decade at this point.
  • We will never get another x-men cartoon until fox is out of the picture.
  • The x-men will never get a place in Marvel's super high quality Netflix shows. (X-Factor Investigations on Netflix would be the coolest thing ever)

There is just no reason to support fox because no matter how you spin it in the end you're still just hurting the x-men franchise.

But it doesn't matter X-Fans would rather just complain that Marvel hates the x-men then actually help the x-men.

I have such resentment for Fox after they turned the greatest super hero team of all time(FF) into a toxic pile of sludge, and you know what happened? Fans of the FF didn't go and take part in Fox's failure and they lost so much money there is a little hope they might sell back the Fantastic Four and the franchise will finally be back to where it belongs and marvel will stop acting like the FF is a dirty secret to hide. I refuse to wait around another 8 years before FOX gets the x-men to that point because honestly now that all the actors who have been caring these films for the past few years have lost interest I have no hope for the x-films.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: The perspective of whose better varies from person to person and from movie to movie. So far, Marvel has yet to strike me with something awesome, aside from Civil War and A little bit of Captain America: Winter Soldier. I have a lot more love for Foxes X-Men than Marvel's X-Men personally, though I'm not blind to their faults, which can be really big ones. As for the other ways

•The first point isn't a Fox problem, but a Marvel problem. It is apparent that them trying to duplicate a diverse cast the way the X-Men have is something they would have done even if the X-Men movie rights were theirs. And I assume the question at the end was rhetorical.

•Im aware of that, though to be honest, is that so much of a lost after the AvX and IvX crap that came along as a result of House of M and Infinity.

•Marvel Legends? 6 inch figure line that has been around since mid-2000's. Still around making X-Men figures, even a recent wave with 90's Cyclops, Dazzler, and Poaris. In stores recently and probably still are.

•Lets wait and see how the recent X-Men cartoon rumor turns out.

•Probably not. Probably for the best since not only were those shows too much for me, but now it seems that everyone else getting fatigued with the constant slew of Marvel shows on Netflix.

That's not how I see it. I see it as, "we have to deal with this because Fox has a firm grip on the X-Men. Heck the F4 rights still haven't gone back and the last movie totally bombed".

That is mostly due to their treatment of them. Fox doesn't make every single decision for Marvel, so don't pin it on us for trying to make the best of situation and yet feeling bitter about the events that transpired. We would like proper cooperation from both parties, but that is not the case and from the last F4 movie, it does not seem like no one supporting Fox X-Men will change anything, aside from putting yet another bad movie, or good (we won't know because in the scenario, we don't see it), on Foxes rap sheet. The will still have the rights and they were obviously not in it for the money when they made Fant4stic, so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for X-Men if it came to that.

The sad reality about actors is that good or bad, they will want to move on. They don't solely want to be known as Wolverine or Iron Man. That doesn't mean other actors won't come along to care, just look at the actress for Psylocke, Olivia Munn, and how she fought fro comic accurate costume representation or how Alexandra Shipp did a good job with her accent unlike Halle Berry.

The F4 rights aren't back with Marvel yet, so there is no reason to believe those tactics worked until they do revert back. Until then, that is just wishful thinking on your part to think them losing money is the sole sure fire way to get the rights back.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@teerack: The perspective of whose better varies from person to person and from movie to movie. So far, Marvel has yet to strike me with something awesome, aside from Civil War and A little bit of Captain America: Winter Soldier. I have a lot more love for Foxes X-Men than Marvel's X-Men personally, though I'm not blind to their faults, which can be really big ones. As for the other ways

•The first point isn't a Fox problem, but a Marvel problem. It is apparent that them trying to duplicate a diverse cast the way the X-Men have is something they would have done even if the X-Men movie rights were theirs. And I assume the question at the end was rhetorical.

•Im aware of that, though to be honest, is that so much of a lost after the AvX and IvX crap that came along as a result of House of M and Infinity.

•Marvel Legends? 6 inch figure line that has been around since mid-2000's. Still around making X-Men figures, even a recent wave with 90's Cyclops, Dazzler, and Poaris. In stores recently and probably still are.

•Lets wait and see how the recent X-Men cartoon rumor turns out.

•Probably not. Probably for the best since not only were those shows too much for me, but now it seems that everyone else getting fatigued with the constant slew of Marvel shows on Netflix.

That's not how I see it. I see it as, "we have to deal with this because Fox has a firm grip on the X-Men. Heck the F4 rights still haven't gone back and the last movie totally bombed".

That is mostly due to their treatment of them. Fox doesn't make every single decision for Marvel, so don't pin it on us for trying to make the best of situation and yet feeling bitter about the events that transpired. We would like proper cooperation from both parties, but that is not the case and from the last F4 movie, it does not seem like no one supporting Fox X-Men will change anything, aside from putting yet another bad movie, or good (we won't know because in the scenario, we don't see it), on Foxes rap sheet. The will still have the rights and they were obviously not in it for the money when they made Fant4stic, so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for X-Men if it came to that.

The sad reality about actors is that good or bad, they will want to move on. They don't solely want to be known as Wolverine or Iron Man. That doesn't mean other actors won't come along to care, just look at the actress for Psylocke, Olivia Munn, and how she fought fro comic accurate costume representation or how Alexandra Shipp did a good job with her accent unlike Halle Berry.

The F4 rights aren't back with Marvel yet, so there is no reason to believe those tactics worked until they do revert back. Until then, that is just wishful thinking on your part to think them losing money is the sole sure fire way to get the rights back.

No the first point is a fox problem, because Marvel can't fully capitalize on the x-men so unless they want to make bad choices they are sorta forced to change the rest of their universe.

If you really don't think the x-men get excluded and screwed out of a ton of cool figure lines and other merch deals you very clearly are no collector and don't even follow news on the subject.

You need to really think about the big picture before trying to explain who's fault something is. Sure Fox isn't coming along telling Marvel what it should be doing, but you need to understand how they are effecting their decisions. Marvel is a publicly traded company with shareholders and a board. Every year the Editor and Chief needs to go in and talk over the things they want to do in the comics before they can actually do it. If another company(FOX) owns a large majority of the earning potential for a franchises then it would make logical sense that the shareholders and other higher ups arent going to want Marvel to put their main focus on the things that aren't their main money earners(I.E. the movies and the related merch)

If you're going to say "lets wait and see" for the cartoon then I'll say the same about the FF since Fox has to start production of a movie before the end of the year to not lose the rights.

I have way to much respect for the property to be part of the consumers hurting the x-men, and supporting fox. If you want to be in denial about how fox isn't good for the x-men that's fine, but I don't really care to listen to long winded explanations to rationalize it when the core reasons for those arguments only work if you don't take a step back and think about the cause and effect of things.

You act as if not supporting fox is some how losing out? I get to enjoy not wasting money on bad movies. What a self induced tragedy.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@teerack said:

No the first point is a fox problem, because Marvel can't fully capitalize on the x-men so unless they want to make bad choices they are sorta forced to change the rest of their universe

No. That is 100% a Marvel problem. If you haven't noticed, Sony does own the rights to Spider-Man, and Marvel doesn't have a problem advertising him, just like they didn't treat the X-Men badly until a few years ago. Allegedly what happened was, Marvel tried to make a deal with Fox when the rights to Daredevil came up. Marvel wanted to let Fox keep Daredevil in exchange for Fox giving them Silver Surfer and Galactus. Fox said no, and in retaliation Marvel stopped advertising the X-Men, because they didn't want Fox to get any money. No matter how you look at that, Marvel was in the wrong.

If you really don't think the x-men get excluded and screwed out of a ton of cool figure lines and other merch deals you very clearly are no collector and don't even follow news on the subject.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/x-men/4060-3173/forums/x-men-pop-vinyls-are-here-d-and-more-1838440/#7

That was true, but it looks like things are starting to change. Marvel doesn't need the movie rights for it to change, they just need to stop being so petty.

You need to really think about the big picture before trying to explain who's fault something is. Sure Fox isn't coming along telling Marvel what it should be doing, but you need to understand how they are effecting their decisions. Marvel is a publicly traded company with shareholders and a board. Every year the Editor and Chief needs to go in and talk over the things they want to do in the comics before they can actually do it. If another company(FOX) owns a large majority of the earning potential for a franchises then it would make logical sense that the shareholders and other higher ups arent going to want Marvel to put their main focus on the things that aren't their main money earners(I.E. the movies and the related merch)

Again, the thing with Spider-Man debunks this. He is still essentially treated as the face of Marvel, even though Sony still owns the film rights. Just like with Fox, Sony gets a percentage of the merch. Marvel are going to be getting the same percentage of the profits from Homecoming as they got from the last five Spider-Man movies. The difference is that Sony doesn't refuse to give Marvel characters that they want, so they didn't start acting petty towards them.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PyroFN

@invain: To add to the pop vinyls point, there is again, Marvel Legends, and Marvel Infinite series, successor of the Marvel Universe line.

Also, I'd like to mention the bad relationship that Fox has had with Marvel in the past, thereby, this could also be partly spiteful on Marvel's part as well as Foxes when they mad Fant4stic. Again, a Marvel issue, not a Fox issue, since the comics and merchandising doesn't directly affect them. (Even though the decision may have been made because of the strain, Marvel could have just as easily ignored them and stopped the pettiness on their side.)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Sophie Turner will do well. I don't care about the opinions of random people that make YouTube videos.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: All studios just want to make money, so I don't think that Fox wanting to use the film rights that they purchased is spiteful. Waiting until the last minute did make them seem lazy. They also went about it wrong, there's no denying that. Should of found someone with more passion for the characters, or at least had more faith in their directors vision.

@teerack Sure.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@invain said:

@pyrofn: All studios just want to make money, so I don't think that Fox wanting to use the film rights that they purchased is spiteful. Waiting until the last minute did make them seem lazy. They also went about it wrong, there's no denying that. Should of found someone with more passion for the characters, or at least had more faith in their directors vision.

The universal truth of business, making money. That's about it.

I heard the director of Fant4stic had a truly fantastic version but then, you know what happened. I like the X-Men movie universe and of the last trilogy Apocalypse was indeed the weakest and most underwhelming. First Class was great and revitalized the franchise. Days of Future Past is hands down the best X-film to date. That was a parade and flurry of superpowers, the feels, high stakes, good story and decent time travel (well it was actually similar to the Terminator plot).

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: Yes, there is no denying such, though ya gotta admit that it is fishy that around the time the rights would revert back, they announce a movie and rush it out before nearly before the rights go back to Marvel. Whatever the case, there was clear meddling from the higher ups.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Yassassin

If Iceman solo can go one issue without having him saying, "as a gay mutant", or something of that variation, I might consider reading it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I thought Deadpool and Logan were excellent, and I've really been enjoying Legion.

And I'm proud to say that, while I'll continue to see Marvel Studios films, I'm never spending another penny on a Marvel Comics title- ANY Marvel Comics title- ever again.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Deadpool, Logan, And Legion. The Upcoming Sequel To Deadpool Seems Promising As Well As Uncanny X-Force, New Mutants, And The Two Upcoming X-Men TV Series. Yeah, Things Have Been Really Looking Good For The X-Men And I Can Honestly See Alot Of Stories Being Pull Off Here. Still Wish Fox And Marvel Could Work Together And Figure Out Some Way To Have Their Universe Co-Exist With The MCU's. Anyway, Really Happy To See Where These Series Takes Us And I Really Cannot Wait To See Them :) :D

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/10/marvel-comics-responds-to-x-men-gold-art-controversy

MARVEL COMICS RESPONDS TO X-MEN GOLD ART CONTROVERSY

Artist Ardian Syaf made a post on his Facebook addressing the controversy surrounding the hidden messages he drew into X-Men Gold #1.

"My career is now over," he wrote in the post, along with an attempt to clarify his intentions for including the messages, explaining that they stand for "justice" and "love." However, the passages are about exclusion. a sentiment that runs opposite to the core of the X-Men.

Read his full statement:

“Hello, Worlds…

My career is over now. It’s the consequence what I did, and I take it. Please no more mockery, debat, no more hate. I hope all in peace.

In this last chance, I want to tell you the true meaning of the numbers, 212 and QS 5:51.

It is number of JUSTICE. It is number of LOVE. My love to Holy Qur’an…my love to the last prophet, the Messenger…my love to ALLAH, The One God.

My apologize for all the noise. Good bye, May God bless you all. I love all of you.

-Ardian Syaf-“

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks about the artist. I liked his art.

@ursaber said:

I heard the director of Fant4stic had a truly fantastic version but then, you know what happened.

I heard that it was supposed to be an adaption of the first volume of Ultimate Fantastic Four, which the first half of the movie was. Apparently Fox didn't think there was enough action in it and made them re-shoot the second half.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

Sucks about the artist. I liked his art.

@ursaber said:

I heard the director of Fant4stic had a truly fantastic version but then, you know what happened.

I heard that it was supposed to be an adaption of the first volume of Ultimate Fantastic Four, which the first half of the movie was. Apparently Fox didn't think there was enough action in it and made them re-shoot the second half.

I also liked the art. Why'd he have to commit career suicide. The issues he drew will still be released but they will need to be heavily examined to not find any other subliminal messages.

Man, I would've loved to see a truly good Fantastic Four movie. How can they keep messing such an original concept so hard. It would've been even better to see the Fantastic Four meet the X-Men and join forces against the combined might of Magneto and Doctor Doom. Greatest dream ever!

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DanMarshall

I really like Ardian's work on Gaile Simone's Batgirl, thats all I know of his work.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@ursaber: That's what Trank said after the reviews came out. But even without the reshoots it was an extremely poorly paced film that takes itself way too seriously.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: That's what Trank said after the reviews came out. But even without the reshoots it was an extremely poorly paced film that takes itself way too seriously.

Agreed.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By adamTRMM

Josh Brolin is Cable for those who haven't heard... which I believe is no one, but it still needs to be posted lolz

Link

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy seems like he could make a good Cable. Some of the people who were rumored for the role didn't sound too good. Still, he's kind of short to be Cable, but I guess height has never mattered too much to Fox.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

The guy seems like he could make a good Cable. Some of the people who were rumored for the role didn't sound too good. Still, he's kind of short to be Cable, but I guess height has never mattered too much to Fox.

Apocalypse by Oscar Isaac is fundamental proof of that!

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Yep. Wolverine was also a foot too tall and Storm was six inches too short. That stuff doesn't really bother me, though.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@ursaber said:

Yep. Wolverine was also a foot too tall and Storm was six inches too short. That stuff doesn't really bother me, though.

Wonder who they'll recast as Wolverine. Someone more comic book accurate (short) and with better claws.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Invain

@ursaber said:

Wonder who they'll recast as Wolverine. Someone more comic book accurate (short) and with better claws.

I have no idea. Tom Hardy seems to be a popular choice, but unless they recast right away, he will also be too old soon.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
@ursaber said:

I have no idea. Tom Hardy seems to be a popular choice, but unless they recast right away, he will also be too old soon.

They shouldn't be in a hurry. They should let the legacy of the Logan movie prevail and them focusing on other great X-Men. They have the upcoming Supernova movie, New Mutants, X-Force, Deadpool 2, etc. There is literally no rush to replace Wolverine nor should there be. I just hope they put the Xavier, Raven, Magneto threeway dynamic aside for the future and focus on the newer (which are actually younger versions of the older versions) characters.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

They shouldn't be in a hurry. They should let the legacy of the Logan movie prevail and them focusing on other great X-Men. They have the upcoming Supernova movie, New Mutants, X-Force, Deadpool 2, etc. There is literally no rush to replace Wolverine nor should there be. I just hope they put the Xavier, Raven, Magneto threeway dynamic aside for the future and focus on the newer (which are actually younger versions of the older versions) characters.

I'm thinking that he might be recast for X-Force.

I heard that Magneto and Xavier's story is done and they plan to focus on Scott and Jean in the future movies.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/18/new-x-men-comic-covers-feature-classic-jim-lee-art

NEW X-MEN COMIC COVERS FEATURE CLASSIC JIM LEE ART

For the first time in many years, Jim Lee's art will be adorning the covers of new Marvel comic books. Marvel has revealed a series of "X-Men Trading Card" variant covers that feature Lee's iconic depictions of the X-Men from the early '90s.

Technically, these variant covers don't feature new artwork. That's a little too much to hope given that Lee now serves as Co-Publisher of DC Comics. Instead, these covers draw on existing artwork from a trading card series Lee illustrated in the early '90s. Each cover has been "digitally remastered," featuring new coloring by artists like Jesus Aburtov, Israel Silva and Chris Sotomayor.

In total, 29 comics will be featured in the X-Men Trading Card promotion in July. Check out our gallery of what's been revealed so far:

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They also just did a variant that used Jack Kirby in X-Men Blue #1. Marvel must be feeling nostalgic.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

They also just did a variant that used Jack Kirby in X-Men Blue #1. Marvel must be feeling nostalgic.

Crisis of the 90's all over again. Variant cover extravaganza but with the Disney safety net. They're trying to pander to nostalgic feels. Covers are nothing. Its the story within that should matter but alas the covers are the first thing you see and oftimes it makes the oblivious reader decide if he should buy or not.

Covers are just gimmicks and its wearing down.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: The musical interlude was too long but it feels like they did not have enough things to make fun of! Honestly, I did not see the movie because Wolverine is one of my least favorite characters haha.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: this only furthers my disgust of jeanXlogan but i do like that it ties up the emotional thread of wolverine having lost all of the friends and family he'd made through meeting Xavier

SourWolf97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I'll probably be the only one to say that I loved the video. I mean c'mon. Superheroes + musicals is always a win... more if we get Les Mis references <3

Also JeanXLogan yay xD it was just so funny and tender at the same time!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: @koays: @sourwolf97:

I enjoyed it for the most part, but by far the funniest scene was Deadpool with a time machine bringing Logan back LOL

Also, I also do not like Logan x Jean, but I understand there is a level of chemistry, just not enough for a committed relationship of marriage. Its just that, Wolverine's kids tend to die a LOT and by his own hand. I worry about Jean's already troublesome cosmic firebird engulfed life without adding all of Wolverine's baggage as well.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original Wolverine and Jean Grey Return as part of Generations

Although described by Marvel as a "10-issue maxi-series," each issue of Generations will be labeled #1 with a different subtitle given to each issue - The Best, The Americas, The Bravest, etc. - to delineate each issue.

Here is a rundown of each issue, in order, with the characters and creators involved as described by Marvel

GENERATIONS: THE BEST starring Wolverine and All-New Wolverine

Written by Tom Taylor

Art by Ramon Rosanas

GENERATIONS: THE AMERICAS starring Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson

Written by Nick Spencer

Art by Paul Renaud

GENERATIONS: THE BRAVEST starring Captain Mar-Vell and Captain Marvel

Written by Margie Stohl

Art by Brent Schoonover

GENERATIONS: THE THUNDER starring The Mighty Thor and The Unworthy Thor

Written by Jason Aaron

Art by Mahmud Asrar

Credit: Marvel Comics

GENERATIONS: THE STRONGEST starring Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho

Written by Greg Pak

GENERATIONS: THE ARCHERS starring Clint Barton and Kate Bishop

Written by Kelly Thompson

GENERATIONS: THE IRON starring Iron Man and Ironheart

Written by Brian Michael Bendis

Art by Marco Rudy

GENERATIONS: THE MARVELS starring Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel

Written by G. Willow Wilson

GENERATIONS: THE SPIDERS starring Peter Parker and Miles Morales

Written by Brian Michael Bendis

Art by Ramon Perez

GENERATIONS: THE PHOENIX starring Phoenix and Jean Grey

Written by Cullen Bunn

Credit: Olivier Coipel (Marvel Comics)

No artists are named for the The Strongest, The Archers, The Marvels or The Phoenix issues.

“Marvel’s greatest icons return to the page this August, paired with the next generation of the Marvel Universe,” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “However, do all our heroes emerge from Generations as they entered, or become something greater? If you want to know where Marvel is headed in the future, you don’t want to miss Generations.”

Generations is now scheduled to debut in August, the same month that the current Secret Empire is scheduled to conclude.

"Running August to September, this 10-issue maxi-series put to the test in this universe-wide team-up that will shed light on the most pressing questions about the future of the Marvel Universe, and the fate of everyone’s favorite heroes," said Marvel.com Senior Editor Ben Morse.

No Caption Provided

@pyrofn@adamtrmm@koays@sprior93@teerack@hawk2916@darthphoenix@mcklayn@hopesummersforthefuture@poisonfleur@invain@phoenixofthetides@phoenixegg@sourwolf97@DevilMayehm666@macdio@krleavenger

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@phoenixofthetides: @koays: @sourwolf97:

I enjoyed it for the most part, but by far the funniest scene was Deadpool with a time machine bringing Logan back LOL

Also, I also do not like Logan x Jean, but I understand there is a level of chemistry, just not enough for a committed relationship of marriage. Its just that, Wolverine's kids tend to die a LOT and by his own hand. I worry about Jean's already troublesome cosmic firebird engulfed life without adding all of Wolverine's baggage as well.

I never saw any chemistry between them, actually. I know that writers sometimes focus on it using a simplistic "She senses emotions/hears thoughts/is passionate and he is a passion-filled/ego-driven hunk" but that is such a shallow level of chemistry (which she shut down in a pretty good character building moment for her years ago in Classic X-Men) that is really never does much to fuel anything beyond a few panels. I chalk this up to comic book writers generally not wanting to deal with actual relationship and communication. That, to me, is the essential element missing from JeanxLogan - see, with JeanxScott, I "get" it...she hears his thoughts while he is very introspective and self-possessed...as a result she understands him in ways others don't. With JeanxLogan, there really isn't anything there besides maybe (?) physical attraction...there really isn't much in his character anymore for her to draw out and the best Wolvie, IMHO, was when he was less of a superstar and more of a beer-chugging Canuck. That is basically what Jean had called out years ago - basically, "you like me, but get over it." Even in AOA, where Jean and Logan were together, the whole pairing basically devolved into their relationship being different from the main timeline. That pairing is like SueStormxNamor - the only purpose it serves is to shock people who are used to the regular relationship.