HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:

Well...i'll put it this way.

Every X-Men issue has been must read and had a good moment.....but the only issues that engaged me seriously were issue 1, the Crucible and the Mystique issue..... pretty much we've had 10 issues of set up thats laid the ground for X of Swords, Giant Sized, Empyre and the Destiny/Moira plotline......

X-Force is engaging half the time...Domino's story had me involved seriously and the action is serious...despite Jean's beastiality in the last issue.

New Mutants and Marauders are must read for me. Lots of fun dialogue and interactions combined with different settings. Those are the books it's hardest to see end and issue.

Cable is a fun read with great interactions

X-Factor is really engaging...but clearly not going to be super relevant to the plots of the x world. but if you read it you wan more

Excalibur....i have no clue whats going on in excalibur. But X of Swords should help it.

Hellions has my full attention.

So i guess the answer is, yes it's engaging....but not as much as it should be in the most important places (X-Men as a flagship and Excalibur as the book the first big even is coming from.)

Honestly, if Giant-Sized counts as part of the X-Men book (which it should) then i'd take away my critique of the main X-title completely since it's giving us alot more movement on it's plots.

its not up on youtube, what the heck am i missing now? lol

any good pics?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ursaber: I am reading the flagship X-Men, X-Force and Wolverine, loving all three.

Hickman is a god, I admit it's been slow since all issues have been standalone instead of an arc, but every issue has been entertaining and some have been masterpieces (4, 6, 7). X-Force is your badass team-up of morally grey characters with Jean thrown in the mix to keep them in check and Wolverine is a cliche but solid take on the character.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The pandemic and lack of putting out content even digitally has been a problem. Its killed momentum. Are they engaging?? Well each series except Excalibur has engaging moments but I would say there are still too many books.

I guess in reality maybe im just changing as a consumer in that the comic book style of storytelling has been become just aggravating. I'm leaning more toward ogn and tpb. Im losing interest in keeping up with current runs and just waiting. It feels sort of like the Astonishing Xmen run by Whedon. Looking back and reading it all together is great but in real time all the delays and waiting for issues was terrible.

Hickman and Percy are doing well though. Howard can just....yeah. I find it hard to care about Williams. I think the premise is somewhat interesting though forced but of course there seems to be a certain agenda being pushed there which is unfortunate. The writers insist on using "stupid" mutants or at least thats what I call this group they seem to be focusing on for the last few years.

The book that they need to be putting out is the Moira book. I cant understand why they waste time on all the one shots and yet another Wolverine solo.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@koays said:

Well...i'll put it this way.

Every X-Men issue has been must read and had a good moment.....but the only issues that engaged me seriously were issue 1, the Crucible and the Mystique issue..... pretty much we've had 10 issues of set up thats laid the ground for X of Swords, Giant Sized, Empyre and the Destiny/Moira plotline......

X-Force is engaging half the time...Domino's story had me involved seriously and the action is serious...despite Jean's beastiality in the last issue.

New Mutants and Marauders are must read for me. Lots of fun dialogue and interactions combined with different settings. Those are the books it's hardest to see end and issue.

Cable is a fun read with great interactions

X-Factor is really engaging...but clearly not going to be super relevant to the plots of the x world. but if you read it you wan more

Excalibur....i have no clue whats going on in excalibur. But X of Swords should help it.

Hellions has my full attention.

So i guess the answer is, yes it's engaging....but not as much as it should be in the most important places (X-Men as a flagship and Excalibur as the book the first big even is coming from.)

Honestly, if Giant-Sized counts as part of the X-Men book (which it should) then i'd take away my critique of the main X-title completely since it's giving us alot more movement on it's plots.

thanks for the thoughts

will be returning to check out New Mutants, X-Factor and Hellions

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

The pandemic and lack of putting out content even digitally has been a problem. Its killed momentum. Are they engaging?? Well each series except Excalibur has engaging moments but I would say there are still too many books.

I guess in reality maybe im just changing as a consumer in that the comic book style of storytelling has been become just aggravating. I'm leaning more toward ogn and tpb. Im losing interest in keeping up with current runs and just waiting. It feels sort of like the Astonishing Xmen run by Whedon. Looking back and reading it all together is great but in real time all the delays and waiting for issues was terrible.

Hickman and Percy are doing well though. Howard can just....yeah. I find it hard to care about Williams. I think the premise is somewhat interesting though forced but of course there seems to be a certain agenda being pushed there which is unfortunate. The writers insist on using "stupid" mutants or at least thats what I call this group they seem to be focusing on for the last few years.

The book that they need to be putting out is the Moira book. I cant understand why they waste time on all the one shots and yet another Wolverine solo.

your mindset as you explain it is one many comic book fans are taking nowadays which consequently has the negative effect of affecting sales in that consumers wait for tpb's rather than acquiring each issue as it comes out

i am of that mindset as well

truly delays and such, momentum is something this medium of entertainment cannot afford though due to the pandemic its been forced to, but Marvel has been delaying or even soft cancelling its books whereas DC has continued to release and achieve a semblance of normalcy

marvel is failing

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: yeah i agree. The industry needs to adapt. Now dont get me wrong when HOX/POX was coming out even though we had to wait a little bit there were weekly releases just about. Marvel is still in love with events so maybe even switching to a similar format would work. Picture maybe having a major xmen storyline that runs for 8-12 issues within a 12 week period so say January thru March. Even if we went by weekly or extended the time to 14-18 weeks. And it doesnt have to be a 12 issue story it could be 3 or 4 issues per arc but tell it in the timeframe. Then take a month off in April only to return with the next major story in May thru July and so on so forth. The month off would be used to talk about developments and advertise the next major story arc or arcs. People like me who are sick of the monthly format might be enticed back if it were weekly. Hell I supported weekly and even biweekly as long as it was consistent.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@ursaber: @pyrofn: @marvelfan1992: @koays: ok finally read x-men 10 LOL

am i the only one who doesnt trust Gabriel (summers)?

jean and logan are f*cking so i don't trust anything anymore

LOL

well i knew way before not to trust hickman and i am so close to being right lmao XDXDXD

i already got my "hickman, doomed the x-men" chant ready, hahahahahah ha ha

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do no writers like Pyro? He's like a reverse Iceman, but I haven't seen him do anything near that level.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@thor-parker: @hawk2916: @marvelfan1992: @hopesummersforthefuture:

does anyone know the current status of Firestar in the X-Men comics?

No Caption Provided

never seen her since amazing x-men or nightcrawler 1-5

we all know ursaber has a thing for redheads lmao XDXD XP

she was last seen in x-men blue vol 2 (2017)

as a brainwashed by emma, bad guy

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do no writers like Pyro? He's like a reverse Iceman, but I haven't seen him do anything near that level.

i think writters pick favorites same thing happen to other characters even Gambit no writer likes him either and hes such an awesome character too Marvel needs new writers that emrace all these characters not just pick favorits and give tem deserving stories like UGH thats so annoying :(

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9265  Edited By ursaber
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@ursaber@koays@pyrofn ok some ask me how my day went, double dog dare u .......LOL

i dare ask!

just keep it brief cause if its too long i'll drift

lol ^^

ok ran into a old friend today(never talked in like 10 years), well she used to be my friend, she looked so old, like what the heck? is that what happens when u dont use face cream at night????? ......>> o.0........where the shockface on this site lol

also ppl plz use facecream u do not want to be premature wrinkles, doesnt matter if u a guy or lady, works best after a shower. .... >.<

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else miss Psylocke-Betsy or am I the only one. I know i dont go for all the pc social justice bs and they changed everything bc "reasons" but wtf is going on now? Betsy is doing nothing in Tini's stupid ass book and we cant get any momentum on Kwannon. Seems to me it was better when....

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Does anyone else miss Psylocke-Betsy or am I the only one. I know i dont go for all the pc social justice bs and they changed everything bc "reasons" but wtf is going on now? Betsy is doing nothing in Tini's stupid ass book and we cant get any momentum on Kwannon. Seems to me it was better when....

Do you mean Asian Psylocke?? Because Psylocke was always Psylocke....if that makes sense.

I always thought her reversion would happen eventually, seeing as there is very little you can shock the audiences with these days. I think it's just were used to it is all, I think she's actually been asian longer than she was her normal self which is why it can seem out of place for her to be anything other than that. The funny thing is that I think her body alteration was only supposed to be temporary. I'm ok with most things as long as there is an arc behind it but this doesn't seem to have one so.....meh.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Do you mean Asian Psylocke?? Because Psylocke was always Psylocke....if that makes sense.

I always thought her reversion would happen eventually, seeing as there is very little you can shock the audiences with these days. I think it's just were used to it is all, I think she's actually been asian longer than she was her normal self which is why it can seem out of place for her to be anything other than that. The funny thing is that I think her body alteration was only supposed to be temporary. I'm ok with most things as long as there is an arc behind it but this doesn't seem to have one so.....meh.

kwannon started it by stealing betsy's english body first lmao

but betsy as a asian ninja was iconic and looked cool, why make it cool then change it back, only x-men readers will know why the switch happened.......look in the movies, betsy was Asian........i thought it was because disney owning marvel/fox LOL

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @pyrofn Does anyone remember what comicbook number this was from?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@pyrofn: i found this in avengers 37 today's new comic, what does this mean? some websites say trouble for loganXjean fans

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn@ursaber anyone see this yet? discuss.

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS #41

JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A) • COVER BY LEINIL YU

DESIGN VARIANT COVER by Javier Garrón

CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY DUSTIN WEAVER

MARVEL VS. ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU

THE BATTLE TO DECIDE THE ALL-NEW PHOENIX CONTINUES!

Who will wield the power of the PHOENIX FORCE? A globe-spanning tournament is underway, under the direction of the firebird itself, pitting some of Marvel’s greatest heroes against their fiercest enemies and also against each other, giving each of them a taste of the awesome cosmic might that’s at stake. All will be transformed. Not all will survive.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

phoenix force looking for a new "worthy" host by "hosting" a tournament LOL <<<<see what i did there

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@ursaber this is a nice pic of jott, x-men 17 cover.....

STORM THE EMPIRE!

When the Shi’ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.

question : why is jean wearing this outfit itstead of her marvel girl green/yellow outfit???? o.0

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

STORM THE EMPIRE!

When the Shi’ar Empire asks the X-Men for help, Cyclops, Storm and Marvel Girl answer the call.

question : why is jean wearing this outfit itstead of her marvel girl green/yellow outfit???? o.0

@pyrofn hey guys how u doing?

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Yes, appeared with him at the start of the arc.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

STORM THE EMPIRE!

Artistic licence?

Also, art from the inside pages have revealed JOTT are wearing what looks to be their X-Factor costumes

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:
No Caption Provided

STORM THE EMPIRE!

Artistic licence?

Also, art from the inside pages have revealed JOTT are wearing what looks to be their X-Factor costumes

maybe a flashback in the past scene........

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All New X-Men #1 V1

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: thanks

what are the issues of X-Men where Revolutionary Cyclops visits the Jean Grey school to recruit students for his Charles Xavier school and gets into a heated argument with his old fellow X-Men

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@koays: thanks

what are the issues of X-Men where Revolutionary Cyclops visits the Jean Grey school to recruit students for his Charles Xavier school and gets into a heated argument with his old fellow X-Men

It's in the 4th issue of Uncanny and 10th issue of All New from 2 different perspectives

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable: hi i am looking for an issue, it was in the middle 90's(i think), its when cyclops had to walk across a desert to get to safety. Then he had to also carrry a bad guy(because he couldnt just leave him in the desert lol). what issue was that?

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone give me a reading order or recommendations. I have watched the movies all of them and tho interested but still a noob who wants to get into x-men verse.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

About time.....