cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Takeaways

1. Why is Beast with the bad guys?? I don't know. Probably similar to why Colossus joined Magneto in the comics as he's tired of Xavier's hippy bullshit.

2. At this point, McAvoy and Fassbender>>>>>>McKellan and Stewart for me. Stewart and McKellan always felt lie theater actors, which they were, playing comic book characters, McAvoy and Fassbender feel like actual characters in an ongoing series. Probably helps they were more fleshed out under the tenure of which these actors played the characters.

3. Hans Zimmer is doing the score for this film. So, even if the movie is awful the score should still be phenomenal. You can hear the music buildup to the imminent violence that will follow this scene, sounds extremely Zimmer-y.

4. I guess it's just the circumstances of the writers trying to use Magneto in every film but it always feels like Fassbender Magneto's goals are just to kill somebody in every film. In First Class it's Shaw, in DoFp it's Mystique then the President, in Apocalypse it's everybody because his daughter died, now it's apparently Jean. He apparently builds a mutants-only community in this film and I hope they get more into that but I fear the focus maybe more on killing Jean.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

1.Jean killed mystique that's why.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: 1) “Why is Beast with the bad guys?”

Most likely because of Mystiques death, or whoever it was that was killed. And if we think about it, Beast hasn’t had any notable interactions with Jean and Mystique was the love of his life in this continuity.

Our only hint is Beast accusing Xavier for being at fault for Jean being out-of-control.

2) “ At this point, McAvoy and Fassbender>>>>>>McKellan and Stewart for me”

Second this.

3) “ Probably helps they were more fleshed out under the tenure of which these actors played the characters.”

A bittersweet result. On the one hand, we see how amazing they can be, but they took the spotlight off of other characters like Logan did. Glad that Jean has at least some character to show that the result of Dark Phoenix was inevitable, even if the storyline is being made too soon. I’m still cautiously optimistic.

4) “Hans Zimmer is doing the score for this film. So, even if the movie is awful the score should still be phenomenal. You can hear the music buildup to the imminent violence that will follow this scene, sounds extremely Zimmer-y.”

Wish I knew more about music to completely understand. At least my ears work enough to know hat I have loved all the music from these teasers and trailers.

5) “ I guess it's just the circumstances of the writers trying to use Magneto in every film but it always feels like Fassbender Magneto's goals are just to kill somebody in every film.”

We can at least give credit that he waited until someone had done something wrong to want to kill them, vs his vendetta at the beginning of the first two movies of the First Class Saga.

6) “He apparently builds a mutants-only community in this film and I hope they get more into that but I fear the focus maybe more on killing Jean.”

Maybe because of that helicopter scene was caused by Jean, she put Genosha in danger of being a threat to the human nations and Magneto is attacking Jean as an act of war.

Or maybe the military, or Jean, already wrecked the place because of Jean’s visit to Genosha, so he is taking revenge and Magneto’s followers are backing him up because she ruined their homes?

Either that or more Mystique drama. Although some predict Quicksilver is gonna be killed as well in this movie, so that may also be motivation for Magneto’s homicidal goals.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Either that or more Mystique drama. Although some predict Quicksilver is gonna be killed as well in this movie, so that may also be motivation for Magneto’s homicidal goals.

Yeah, could explain why he isn't around for some of the movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kill everyone in an hour & be done with it.