X-Men 2020 Wishlist

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Usually I try to do this and the "X-Men of the Year" threads around Christmas time but.....I forgot.

....Anyway.

2019 was an interesting year. We started with a dramatic multi-writer story about the fall of the X-Men and their return from the ashes and then we entered the HoX and Hickmans version of what a Golden Age for mutants would look like.

So now: In 2020, what would YOU like to see in X-Men?

A Run?

A character?

A character arc or development?

A special plotline?

A character killed?

ANYTHING!

Just tell what you'd like to see this year even if you dont think it would happen.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PyroFN  Online

•Character: Madelyne Pryor. It would be pretty cool to see her wreck Krakoa with Jean’s Omega Level Mutant abilities. It would also be interesting to see her choice about what to do about Krakoa. Granted, it’s a large paradise, but everyone she hates resides there. Scott, Jean, the X-Men, Sinister, Tessa, etc. We are long overdue for a real Madelyne story. Especially considering she is a clone and there is a “no clone” rule on Krakoa, yet Madelyne wanted to be identified as the only one that exists separate from Jean and her personality being so different from Jean kind of proves her point.

Run: I can’t think of a specific kind of run or who would write it to be honest. I just want a writer who will stay long term so that they don’t rush their storytelling and they can truly go over concepts they want inserted.

Character Arc/ Development: I want Kwannon to be prominent as her own character. I find it really interesting to see a character trying to figure herself out, which kind of mirrors her problem as a character. She, like Maddie, has to define herself separate from Betsy and come to terms of what kind of person she is beyond an assassin. (Or maybe she accepts that she is an assassin, simply. Who knows? I just want her to be established)

Plotline: Chimera plotline was pretty interesting. It looks like Sinister is gonna go forward with that plan, so I am pretty excited.

Character Killed: .........Honestly, I think I’d rather there be an abundance of characters instead of such a limited amount like what happened in House of M. Because eventually, you come to a conundrum of either villains becoming heroes or them dying. Who will be left to fight? I say bring back more characters.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @pyrofn: @ursaber

why kitty cant go through the gates? cant she just phase through the gates and enter? lmao

also my two theories are

1)(from other fans) kitty isnt a mutant "oh on, the horror"(smiling, ill put on a sadder face)

2) krakoa doesnt like kitty.......what it got feelings, u know

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

other hopes: (not in any order)

-find emma a new man

-leave jott alone

-wolverine marries beer(they both smell and there made of wierd tin can metal)

-havok to be less of a joke character(hes either goofy or too serious)

-beast to be less of a monkeys' butt

-original betsy is a boor (hate hate hate excalibur)

x-men by hickman is too wordy, its a comicbook not a 35 chapter novel

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormshit and buttplug got banned so my wishes have already come through.

THANK YOU BELOVED HONEY

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain. Someone eventually has to call you beloved/honey and post sassy gifs

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

since rachel aint omega anymore, i think it's the best time to give her back the phoenix

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: No thank you.

Keep that Flaming Plothole Bird away from Rachel....and for that matter away from the X-Men.....AT LEAST for the rest of this decade.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"Colossus and Illyana's adventures"

So yeah, Piotr would be dope.

Fall1n1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd personally like to see my boy Legion get more shine. He really only has two full books focusing on him exclusively: X-Men Legacy: Legion, and Legion Trauma.

If it were up to me, I'd ike to see a Legion much closer to Dan Steven's portrayal

JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ressurect Stan lee and Jack kirby and have them fix the modern comics lol

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Ehh not really impressed with Hickman's run so far as you know.

I also wanna see more Maddie, hopefully she doesn't turn good, got too many x-villains turned good already.

I hope that the stupid ScottxJeanxLogan love triangle ends and Scott can get with someone new.

Also hope that Betsy and Kwannon can become one again.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Warpath to compare Krakoa unfavorably to a Reservation and start some things...

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do something interesting with Britsy and get a new writer for Excalibur.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To have Pyro not be a complete loser? I mean, his power is basically the opposite of Iceman's, so shouldn't be considered a legitimate threat?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@sirkaboom11: But he’s not remotely close to being comparable to Iceman in his respective powerset. And this is coming from someone that likes Pyro. He’s been getting some limelight in Marauders, though.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: But not enough credit. Oh, and I haven't seen him do anything even remotely impressive for his powerset.

psi-bite234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People say Besty Braddock is boring Kwannon is just as or even worse considering she doesn't have any unique character traits.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psi-bite234: Betsy's not boring, her current story IS though, because the book is confusing as hell and all Betsy does is walk around in a UK flag acting annoyed at Apocalypse and Jamie.

Kwannon has no character. She literally was brought back to get rid the cultural appropriation cloud before twitter got bored and went after Psylocke hard for being a white british woman in a japanese woman's body.....now she basically just does what would've been interesting Betsy stories (allying with Sinister, leading villains, beefing with a mini sabretooth, facing off with Madelynn Pryor) but instead without any backstory or character for us to care about.

Honestly they'd both benefit from a mini or a giant size issue about them together and why we should care about their current status quo's....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 god_spawn  Moderator

@sirkaboom11: Which one hasn’t done anything impressive? Bobby?

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Pyro. And I don't like how they finally do something cool with him, like putting him in the Marauders, and then he's barely in the fights.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: Scott got his wife back. Let him enjoy t for a few years.

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sirkaboom11: But he’s not remotely close to being comparable to Iceman in his respective powerset. And this is coming from someone that likes Pyro. He’s been getting some limelight in Marauders, though.

I think what he meant is that Pyro could be Iceman's equal and not that his feats prove that he's comparable to Bobby.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@sirkaboom11: Ah thought you were talking about Bobby never doing anything impressive for a sec.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 god_spawn  Moderator

@noobmaster2001: Maybe. But how he worded it made me think he was saying Pyro should be a threat because his powerset is the opposite of Iceman, when generally speaking yes, but capability wise they don’t compare.

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By noobmaster2001

@god_spawn said:

@noobmaster2001: Maybe. But how he worded it made me think he was saying Pyro should be a threat because his powerset is the opposite of Iceman, when generally speaking yes, but capability wise they don’t compare.

That's just what I got from it anyway. How powerful is Pyro anyway? isn't his mutant power like manipulating fire, but he uses flame throwers?

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 god_spawn  Moderator

@noobmaster2001: He can control flames, can’t create them. But that allows him to do some pretty nifty things like create fire constructs and such. A lot of his better feats are classic. I know he’s turned Colossus white hot to hurt him. Made a fire monster that could knock around Grey Hulk. He’s hurt Ms. Marvel. I believe he was starting to hurt classic Wonder Man, can’t remember if it was him. I think it was. And he was capable of partially burning through Silver Centurion Iron Man’s shields. Outside of those guys I know near instantly burned a T-Rex to a skeleton.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see some of the New X-Men I read years ago in it. I'd go with Chris Yost and Craig Kyle as writers.

Elixir
Elixir
Hellion
Hellion
Rockslide
Rockslide

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Does he job a lot? Honestly those feats are pretty impressive. I doubt Iceman is far above those levels or even around them tbh.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PyroFN  Online

@god_spawn: Does he job a lot? Honestly those feats are pretty impressive. I doubt Iceman is far above those levels or even around them tbh.

Oh, Iceman is way beyond. We are talking about a character that can recreate his body after it’s been destroyed, can freeze something to absolute zero, and basically control water in its every form.

Its beyond what Pyro is capable of with his fire manipulation.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 god_spawn  Moderator

@noobmaster2001: Yeah, Pyro isn’t a joke when written right but he hasn’t been on that scale in a long time. But still in comparison to Bobby he’d get beat pretty easily. We’ve seen Bobby freeze Fixit for a period of time, Savage Hulk for a brief moment. Froze the Thing long enough for Phoenix Magik to casually take him. He’s grown into an ice giant to pin Red Hulk down. There’s his fight with Thor during the whole Death Seed arc, and supposedly Iceman wasn’t amped just unhinged. He could’ve frozen the planet. He himself can make his ice clones from distances away and be in multiple places at once. He can reform himself from just the moisture around him. He can freeze things to absolute zero in a moment. Hell, he even froze literal Hell for a time and pulled some goofy feat of freezing the speed of light around the juggernaut to stop his punch.

Pyro is good, but Bobby at his peak is almost godlike. He himself is a jobber though, especially lately. Marvel’s kind of written themselves into a corner with him. He was pretty consistent as a upper tier guy before they turned him gay. I don’t know why, but after that, he’s gone down hill.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: Scott got his wife back. Let him enjoy t for a few years.

lol but they barely show the relationship, plus if they really want to make them a couple they should establish it and rebuild it from the ground up and not just jump right into it again....

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: It does suck. I remember reading the Dark Phoenix Saga for the first time and being so happy for Scott when he proposes, but at the same time knowing that Jean dies, and knowing that I would probably never see that relationship blossom.

Avatar image for one_truephoenix
One_TruePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think it will get my wish this year byt maybe in 2021 i would get my wish

i WISH there was a good Phoenix comic, like ONE with a very good compelling story thats awesome has awesome artwork and is something epic!

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Cyclops

Good Bishop

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets get some more surge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided