X-Men (2019) Discussion

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iamre321

@LordMordor: @mooty_pass@pyrofn: @hopesummersforthefuture: @adamtrmm: @koays: @cattlebattle:

Feels like lot of new users on the X-men discussion page esp General discussion and Hox/Pox discussion pages. Thought it'd be nice to talk with you guys since haven't heard from you guys in a while.

X-men 1 is finally coming out this week I believe. So is Dawn of X gonna be the main book and this X-men title be focused more on the Summers family?

No Caption Provided

They haven't revealed much details on the new titles have they?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and this X-men title be focused more on the Summers family?

It's not. The first arc focuses on the Summerseseses. The series functions as an "X-Men Unlimited" style book with any group of characters teaming up.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High hopes

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iamre321

and this X-men title be focused more on the Summers family?

It's not. The first arc focuses on the Summerseseses. The series functions as an "X-Men Unlimited" style book with any group of characters teaming up.

Ahh ok, I think it'll be interesting to see then.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect a full explanation on why Jean is the Omega Level Mutant and not Rachel or Cable.....probably won’t get one though.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yeah......Good Luck with that my friend.

#ReplaceQuintinew/Rachel

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

I expect a full explanation on why Jean is the Omega Level Mutant and not Rachel or Cable.....probably won’t get one though.

my theory is cable is not as strong at he should be cause of the TO-virus,(half his power is gone)

rachel doesnt have the experience as per Xavier or emma

(also would their be a lot of jean fans angry if she wasnt a omega anymore? i know i would be )

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yeah......Good Luck with that my friend.

#ReplaceQuintinew/Rachel

Agreed.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah. It would be a natural reaction, like how Rachel fans aren’t entirely happy. It’s how change is in general.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if that's what happened in the story. But the Humans Turned into Monkeys.

I am NOW referring to Humans as Monkeys. :0)

Loading Video...
WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read XMen # 1, and for me is ok, it looks like they will tackle something again with the Nimrods, I just hope we have a definite answer to that.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister was the one who gave Scott his first glasses at the orphanage. Why is Hickman trying to retcon it.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thinks Jean and Vulcan have been reset to younger versions of themselves.

At least Vulcan. He was dead last we heard and the only copy Xavier would have of his mind would be before he went to rescue the Xmen on Krakoa. Could explain why he's behaving like a weird kid.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my copies today, someone else bought the Jean grey cover but I was able to get the black and white Cake cover, wish it was just Jean though...

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn:

So.... now Logan is living with the Summer's family?... And Scott / Jean / Logan all have connecting rooms??? Wtf...

Also Logan is invited but not Emma?!?! >:(

SINISTER SECRET #5: He’s the best there is at what he does. She’s married with a kid. The husband knows exactly what’s going on, but who is he to point the finger? He’s up to much the same, and more. Maybe this is just the new normal on the mutant island.

I wonder if they really are gonna lean into the whole making babies, orgies thing...

Also is it just me or do Scott and Polaris seem really close...

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Storm's attitude, seems like all the X-men have become more like Magneto... Also wasn't Vulcan evil? What happened?

The mother-son relationship between Jean and Cable is really cute though...

Wish Jean would get a new outfit...

This whole Krakoa thing still feels too good to be true and something feels off like a calm before a storm...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: No. I don’t think Lorna and Scott seem as close as you’re implying. Lorna is an original member of the X-Men with a connection to Havok and they both just got back from a mission. The most close thing about them is Scott inciting her to visit the family, which she declines because of reasons. (From what I can tell, they seem to be reasons involving Havok)

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I hope you are right, because I also thought Scott and Lorna were closer, everything seems so weird LOL.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: No. I don’t think Lorna and Scott seem as close as you’re implying. Lorna is an original member of the X-Men with a connection to Havok and they both just got back from a mission. The most close thing about them is Scott inciting her to visit the family, which she declines because of reasons. (From what I can tell, they seem to be reasons involving Havok)

yeah im kinda sad lorna isnt invited to love there cause of alex.........maybe alex and lorna arent together anymore

as for emma not being at the dinner well its obvious isnt it? SHE IS NOT FAMILY!!!!!!!!

XD XD XP XP hahahaaha ha ha

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: So Scott and Jean are incest? Makes sense.

Also, Havok and Lorna haven't been together for a long time.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: So Scott and Jean are incest? Makes sense.

Also, Havok and Lorna haven't been together for a long time.

yeah um no

jean actually has children by scott(and yes their more like divorce couple now and yes they have children well sorta of, depends who u ask)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Hey, I ain't the one who called Jean as a part of Scott's family. You did. Your fault for not clarifying.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sooo ... Did Vulcan actually give Wolverine medium rare steak?

Because he's doing him a favor.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: @pyrofn: Lol yeah I wasn't the only one who noticed lol.

With those two alone, standing so close, overlooking the sunset I really thought they were gonna lean in and kiss lol. I mean Polaris and Havok have been done for a while now right? What if she and Scott are the couple mentioned in Sinister secret 5?

I mean Scott and Jean aren't official yet right? What if its revealed that after Uncanny x-men 2019 and the Hox/Pox stuff that Scott and Polaris have recently started hooking up?

"He’s up to much the same, and more. Maybe this is just the new normal on the mutant island."

I wonder who is meant in this quote. Sounds like it could be Scott and Jean. So if Scott is up to the same who is hooking up with? I feel like making Emma would be so predictable and cliche. I kinda hope its Lorna or someone new lol. Scott needs to get with as many new chicks as possible lol. Spread that genetic material as much as possible lol.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:Lol she's such a brat. She's so smug about this whole thing...

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah but neither is Logan...

Also Jean never had any kids with Scott, Rachel is from an alternate future and Cable is Scott and Maddie's kid.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321: well, I would find a very interesting relationship between Scott and Lorna, Jean could have a relationship with Vulcan, that would be nice.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321 said:

@waitomegastorm: @pyrofn: Lol yeah I wasn't the only one who noticed lol.

With those two alone, standing so close, overlooking the sunset I really thought they were gonna lean in and kiss lol. I mean Polaris and Havok have been done for a while now right? What if she and Scott are the couple mentioned in Sinister secret 5?

I mean Scott and Jean aren't official yet right? What if its revealed that after Uncanny x-men 2019 and the Hox/Pox stuff that Scott and Polaris have recently started hooking up?

"He’s up to much the same, and more. Maybe this is just the new normal on the mutant island."

I wonder who is meant in this quote. Sounds like it could be Scott and Jean. So if Scott is up to the same who is hooking up with? I feel like making Emma would be so predictable and cliche. I kinda hope its Lorna or someone new lol. Scott needs to get with as many new chicks as possible lol. Spread that genetic material as much as possible lol.

WEEEELLLLLLL, the first part of the rumor is about Wolverine and Jean having an affair and it says Scott is doing much of the same and more.~

Lol, I kid......or am I?

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamre321 said:

@pyrofn:Lol she's such a brat. She's so smug about this whole thing...

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah but neither is Logan...

Also Jean never had any kids with Scott, Rachel is from an alternate future and Cable is Scott and Maddie's kid.

after all the scemma years, i have the right to be smug lmao XD XP

in uncanny, scott valued logans opinion over alex, later on scott said logan was the best man he knew......

No Caption Provided

but i just dont see scott or logan sharing jean lollolllol like hickman suggests(that or hickman is out of his damn mind)

or emma and jean sharing scott? no thank u,

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The characters are so off to me. This still feels like an alternate universe story.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So why wasn't Multiple Man revived?

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JeannieH

@iamre321 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn:

So.... now Logan is living with the Summer's family?... And Scott / Jean / Logan all have connecting rooms??? Wtf...

Also Logan is invited but not Emma?!?! >:(

SINISTER SECRET #5: He’s the best there is at what he does. She’s married with a kid. The husband knows exactly what’s going on, but who is he to point the finger? He’s up to much the same, and more. Maybe this is just the new normal on the mutant island.

I wonder if they really are gonna lean into the whole making babies, orgies thing...

Also is it just me or do Scott and Polaris seem really close...

Here are my theories-

There was a scene where Jean shares a beer with Emma possibly communicating telepathically. Maybe she was inviting her to sleep with Scott and hence the big smile on Emma's face.

JD already debunked the orgy thing. Hickman only said that for attention.

I don't think there was anything between Scott and Polaris, just seemed like regular chit chat.

If Scott and Jean are married, they would be in the same room but they have separate rooms. So maybe they are not married. And Logan moving into Summers family seemed like the last thing he would ever do, he can't stand Scott most of the time. It must be his love for Jean.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cattlebattle

I am so confused by certain things in this run. Is it supposed to be 616? Or did 616 alter through Moira's lives. In the beginning of the issue you see a flashback (I guess) of Xavier giving Cyclops his glasses, in regular continuity, barring it wasn't retconned, Scott got his glasses from Sinister and already had them when he met Xavier, is this a retcon, or, is continuity just thrown out at this point??

Just kill this franchise already.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

I am so confused by certain things in this run. Is it supposed to be 616? Or did 616 alter through Moira's lives. In the beginning of the issue you see a flashback (I guess) of Xavier giving Cyclops his glasses, in regular continuity, barring it wasn't retconned, Scott got his glasses from Sinister and already had them when he met Xavier, is this a retcon, or, is continuity just thrown out at this point??

dude chill, some writers dont go back and reference other books, so it comes off changed

@ursaber@pyrofn@koays

found this funny on twitter from crazy #1(i also have other x-funny pages from crazy #1 which i will post later )

No Caption Provided

edit: krakoa now has their all-mutant tv channel hahahaah ha ha

some shows are: "pretty little cuckoos"

"madrox men"

"battleshi'ar Galactica"

"arrested development" , its about the summers family

"claws and order" it just law and order with wolverine

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adamTRMM
  1. Vulcan's fate, characterization and overall presence weren't dealt with at all. It's like "He daddy, remember how I fried you couple of years ago? Good times." And I'm keeping it up with his whole "I'm fire" MO right here.
  2. Logan's presence at Summers-Grey's is still weird. Also feels strange Jean and Scott live together, but not really together.
  3. The new villain looks like shit. Most of Hick's design and new villains look at least nice. Once again we-[x] got the short side of the stick. Though he has potential at further buildup. His enhanced eyes already scream endless transhuman augmentation. I still struggle to understand why Hick insists on calling transhumans posthumans... I know the terms have basically merged in recent years IRL. But in MU mutants should be considered posthumans due to the classic definition. That one needs its own thread. Be ready.
  4. I like that Polaris and Magneto get the attention. Though Magneto's bluntness is getting old now. I hate that writers forget that behind zealotry and bravado hide a romanticist that read The Hobbit to his daughter...
  5. What was that shard in the end supposed to be?!
Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#42 god_spawn  Moderator

Don’t worry, Rachael Grey fans. She’s still Prestige.

Worldwide.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

good God no, X-Men are finally getting interesting again

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EW WHY?

No Caption Provided

because the internet is the internet and they're all about crazy shipping nonsense

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
  1. Vulcan's fate, characterization and overall presence weren't dealt with at all. It's like "He daddy, remember how I friend you couple of years ago? Good times." And I'm keeping it up with his whole "I'm fire" MO right here.
  2. Logan's presence at Summers-Grey's is still weird. Also feels strange Jean and Scott live together, but not really together.
  3. The new villain looks like shit. Most of Hick's design and new villains look at least nice. Once again we-[x] got the short side of the stick. Though he has potential at further buildup. His enhanced eyes already scream endless transhuman augmentation. I still struggle to understand why Hick insists on calling transhumans posthumans... I know the terms have basically merged in recent years IRL. But in MU mutants should be considered posthumans due to the classic definition. That one needs its own thread. Be ready.
  4. I like that Polaris and Magneto get the attention. Though Magneto's bluntness is getting old now. I hate that writers forget that behind zealotry and bravado hide a romanticist that read The Hobbit to his daughter...

Last I saw Vulcan he had died in War of Kings. Now he comes back and his psychotic rampage of the Marvel Cosmos is suddenly forgotten?

Logan should not be in he Summer House. He should have his own Howlett House.

Yeah, I cannot tell if Jean and Scott are together together or have come to some arrangement where they are together but not completely or something. It feels more like an informal thing.

I love Polaris, however I feel she was too subservient to Mags. Like a daddy's little girl kind of thing. That's a little off putting.

Mags has replaced his villain god complex with a mutant savior complex. Either way its better than his maniacal villainy of the past.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iamre321

@ursaber: when are you gonna reply to my spider-man post?

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I'm not a huge fan of the art. You just like it cause its Jean beating Emma... I know you love Jean but you are way too anti-Emma.

I'll probably still try and get it though since its a Jean/Emma cover.

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
  1. Vulcan's fate, characterization and overall presence weren't dealt with at all. It's like "He daddy, remember how I friend you couple of years ago? Good times." And I'm keeping it up with his whole "I'm fire" MO right here.

1. I wonder if they did something to his mind.

2. Yeah Logan feels like a third wheel, like dude get your own place. I really hope they reveal the whole relationships soon. Why do Scott and Logan have rooms connecting to Jean's...

3. I feel like he's just the minor villain and maybe the big bad hasn't been revealed yet.

4. Lol Magneto acting way too arrogant even for him lol, he's loving the attention though. I don't know too much about Polaris tbh, but seems like she's had daddy issues before I think.

5. Lol probably the crystal thing Sinister puts on his forehead.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: You do know what satire is, don’t you? Cuz that is what Marvel is doing with the letter about Scott and Jean.