Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays
No Caption Provided

Rachel Grey-Summers, Polaris, Prodigy, Daken, Northstar &.......Eyeboy

Thoughts?

“We’d already planned on having X-Factor report to the Five for obvious resurrection work reasons,” Williams told Polygon via email, “but I asked [Jonathan Hickman and X-Men editor Jordan D. White] if we could focus a significantly greater concentration on the Five to not only help develop their evolving group dynamic, but also how they come to establish each resurrection protocol.”

Williams also worked with Hickman and White to put together the X-Factor lineup. She chose Northstar after becoming attached to the character while writing this summer’s Age of X-Man: X-Tremists miniseries — and she says that one other character from that run, Blob (AKA Frederick J. Dukes), will return in X-Factor as well.

“His new role (thanks to Ben Percy and Josh Cassara!) is perfect,” Williams said, “and gives Freddy a bigger path threading through all our books.”

“The entire series is layered with clues about mutant resurrection’s ultimate end-game,” she concluded, “but you’ll have to keep reading to figure it all out.” - From Polygon.com

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RACHEL!!!!!

POLARIS!!!!!

PRODIGY!!!!!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOOOOH

Now, THIS is an INTERESTING TEAM!!!

YES Northstar, Polaris and Rachel are FINALLY on a Team!!

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Meh, call me when Peter David's writing.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m interested in the Lore around The Five tbh

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: So, she resonated with Northstar the most? Honestly, I could tell. His arc was the most interesting of the entire thing in that book, outside of Jubilee freaking out over losing her baby. All things that came about towards the end. Let’s see what she does with Rachel.

Given that mutants are now separating themselves from humanity, how exactly did that effect Northstar’s marriage?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Finally they are doing something with Rachel I feel like she needs more exposure lol.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By HAWK2916

Not loving this lineup. Rachel, Polaris, and maybe Prodigy is fine although. If we are repowering folks then I'd rather see Sofia Mantega. Definitely not interested in exploring anything with Northstar and his dude. Never found Northstar and Aurora interesting in the 1st place. Daken is not someone I'd want to have here either. Maybe substitute Warpath in his place. Or if we wanted to do someone slightly villainous then maybe Spiral who would seem to be soneone interested in this or even Miss Sinister. And if we just needed to have someone play the asshile role which is what Daken is probably doing then just give us the Cuckoos. I think Hellion and Pixie would have been good fits here. Or even Oya since she was one of Hope's lights. Monet is a good fit here and so is Dazzler since she seems to resurrect anyway. Cannonball could actually do something here as well since he seems to come back similar to Dazzler. I also think Nightcrawler's deep dive into religion and Colossus' ideals would be a good fit for this book. This would also be a good place for Dr. Nemesis or Cece Reyes. Madrox fits too.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m genuinely excited for this title. I adore Rache and Pol and love seeing them team up. Also Williams has been on fire lately with her writing. I’m extremely happy to see she’ll be penning this.

Blobsy 4ever!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

The Blob and Betsy romance from the Xtremists comic.

Blobsy!

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool now I'm waiting for them to announce Storm's solo.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Awww c’mon! It was a fantastic love story. Longing gazes, lingering eye contact and a forbidden romance that reached a satisfying conclusion only after they had gathered the courage to act on their emotions.

Good stuff!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#17  Edited By time1

It's pretty cool seeing Rachel and polaris working together, but the rest of the team sucks. Worst of all eyeboy in the team. One of worst characters ever created. I mean Marvel have a great selection of new mutants. Why don't marvel used them. We have hope summers, gabby, surge, Eva bell etc. Marvel could also used other x-men characters too . Like Dazzler, Blink,Layler Miller, Jamie, monet, strong guy, siryn or warpath. You know more popular x-factor and x-force characters. I mean they even used nightcrawler. This team kind reminds of Hellion title. Another silly team line-up.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is the black character?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Out of this team Northstar doesn't strike me as the leader, but I still like him with Rachel, Polaris, Daken and Prodigy. It's a pretty solid lineup. Not crazy about Eye-Boy.

Those you suggested: Madrox, Hellion, Pixie, Oya, Monet, Dr. Reyes and Dazzler
or @time1's mention of Siryn, Surge, Blink and Warpath would be an awesome fit for this team.

Or I dunno, maybe they could replace 2/3 of the Hellions' roster with some of them. That'd be fine by me.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

YESSS, DAKEN!! CLIMB THE GREY FAMILY TREE! JUST AS YOUR FATHER!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 morpheus_  Moderator

Daken is nearly a century old, with supposedly impeccable taste in clothes, wine, art, woman and men (just not in hairstyle). For god's sake, can't a single artist draw the man with a damn shirt? We get it, he's bisexual.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: The Daken and Rachel hook up is now one step closer to becoming true. A Grey and a Howlett on the same team, different generations, and perhaps the same agenda.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: -_- i need you to know that if they even stand next to eachother in the first issue I'm gonna have to fight you.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 morpheus_  Moderator

@koays said:

@god_spawn: -_- i need you to know that if they even stand next to eachother in the first issue I'm gonna have to fight you.

Relax, Daken's there to act like an idiot and hit on Northstar.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

So it's either Rachel and Daken or Northstar and Daken, huh? Let the shipping wars, ladies and gentlemen lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays said:

Relax, Daken's there to act like an idiot and hit on Northstar.

Prodigy is bisexual too. Daken could sleep with him, Northstar AND Rachel! This book has so much orgy potential.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: *slaps shoulder*. You hear that Koays? Orgy potential. Daken’s gonna plow the whole team. Except Eye-Boy. That’d be weird.

What if Rachel and Daken have a kid =O!? The start of the Summers/Grey/Howlett bloodline could be a thing.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 morpheus_  Moderator

@god_spawn: Has Rachel been with anyone other than Korvus? She has actually managed to have sex with the one person in the 616 universe with a worse hairstyle than Daken himself. Hell, Daken would be a definitive upgrade, if he deigns to grace her with his presence in bed.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daken is nearly a century old, with supposedly impeccable taste in clothes, wine, art, woman and men (just not in hairstyle). For god's sake, can't a single artist draw the man with a damn shirt? We get it, he's bisexual.

Daken doesn't have good taste in clothes, tattoos or hairstyles. He looks like he's the avatar for the god of douchebags.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@morpheus_: Not to my knowledge. And the almighty Daken is always the best for anyone.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: I think a lineup of Rachel. Polaris. Prodigy. Warpath. Cece Reyes. Nightcrawler. Colossus. Dazzler. Would be a lot better and more to get excited about

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 morpheus_  Moderator

@jota23 said:
@morpheus_ said:

Daken doesn't have good taste in clothes, tattoos or hairstyles. He looks like he's the avatar for the god of douchebags.

You can't tell me he didn't have good taste in clothes during his initial run in Dark Wolverine or throughout his solo series, unless you haven't read them. He was definitely not parading half naked all the time. Being or looking like a douchebag and having style are not mutually exclusive, either.

As for tattoos, it's up to preference. I don't find his tattoo terrible, at least not as horrifyingly bad as his hair. There's no reason for him to walk around naked and show off the tattoo constantly, he never did until Remender came onboard.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@morpheus_: Didn't she sleep with Nightcrawler just recently? I mean, it was never mentioned or underlined on page, but they spent some good time together as a couple.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:
@morpheus_ said:

You can't tell me he didn't have good taste in clothes during his initial run in Dark Wolverine or throughout his solo series, unless you haven't read them. He was definitely not parading half naked all the time. Being or looking like a douchebag and having style are not mutually exclusive, either.

As for tattoos, it's up to preference. I don't find his tattoo terrible, at least not as horrifyingly bad as his hair. There's no reason for him to walk around naked and show off the tattoo constantly, he never did until Remender came onboard.

I'm not going back to check that but I don't remember a time when I saw him in civilian clothes and didn't felt like clawing my eyes out... Or his, since he doesn't seem to have any need for them.

Xspectre32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love that prodigy is back but i feel he will continue to be under utilized the same way Synch was until they killed him off only to bring in Hope who is basically him. prodigy should be one of the captains or even a stand in captain as he has the strategic mindset of the x-men as a whole. other than that this does look to be an interesting team and cant wait to see what they are all about