• 88 results
adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

I just spotted something interesting on deviantart, penciled by Kris Anka, a random lineup that made me really curious.

No Caption Provided

------------------------------------------------------------

If you have something similar with lineups that never happened, but looked amazing as a concept, or a redesign that you like, post it here. I want to see more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By adamTRMM

@sprior93:

Not bad who's the artist? I feel like I know, but it's slipping away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stumbled upon this one time looking through deviantart. The artist is listed at the top.

While I am not particularly a fan of the current younger X-Men, these line ups are pretty well put together. The Hellfire Club line up is the stand out for me.

No Caption Provided

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Oya, Storm, Frenzy, Monet

While everyone is recycling costumes, they could be doing this...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

I stumbled upon this one time looking through deviantart. The artist is listed at the top.

While I am not particularly a fan of the current younger X-Men, these line ups are pretty well put together. The Hellfire Club line up is the stand out for me.

No Caption Provided

I remember this, Hellion for some reason screams Magneto to me. Never thought of him as a potential successor, until I saw this. I also like the "appropriation" of the veteran now mantles.

While everyone is recycling costumes, they could be doing this...

Dam I see Wada does love X-gals. Props.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted it many times, but here's one more just because it has to stick. :p

Armored Mags. It just needs to happen since it makes perfect sense.
Armored Mags. It just needs to happen since it makes perfect sense.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Magneto's costume has always been armor.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By adamTRMM
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I totally agree with you. I especially like how these lineups feature characters that could legitimately take over the mantles of existing characters and/or would totally fit in with the reimagined roles. The Hellfire Club, one of my personal favorite villain groups, is especially well-done. Pixie/Magik, Rockslide/Havok, The Sisterhood and Morlocks are slight misfires for me - not every character needs to take over an existing call name, but overall very well done.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

@cattlebattle:

All I can think of is that time when Wolverine slashed his back in UXM 113 and it was all tattered textile instead. Sure UXM 150 showed a different approach, but once again, it was never treated as an actually protective armor, I don't even think protective at all.

What I suggest is not only protective, but also a mobile arsenal "bound only by once one's imagination and knowledge" :p

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this art. More! More!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle:

All I can think of is that time when Wolverine slashed his back in UXM 113 and it was all tattered textile instead. Sure UXM 150 showed a different approach, but once again, it was never treated as an actually protective armor, I don't even think protective at all.

What I suggest is not only protective, but also a mobile arsenal "bound only by once one's imagination and knowledge" :p

Look, I can't post any scans right now, so you are going to have take my word for it, I will provide them later if you want....however, his costumes have consistently been referred to armor over the years.

The instance you mentioned in Uncanny 150 is one, and before that, during John Byrne's era, it is implied his costume is some sort of armor when Colossus punches him and he is not utterly impaled by his fist.. Later on, he battle the Avengers when he was wearing his purple costume and was in charge of the New Mutants and mentions not only how he is able to withstand attacks from the likes of Namor because of his armor, but also is able to break a bear hug that Hercules has him in because of the armor within his costume.

Later on, in X-Men 1 (1991) Wolverine attacks him and sparks shoot from his costume, then, later in the issue, he mentions to Fabian Cortez how his armor took the brunt of the attack but Wolverine still managed to cut through it, because adamantium cuts through everything and all. Then, later still, during Fatal Attractions, he laments how his armor was able to allow him to battle the strike team Xavier assembles to attack him.

So, while it something that is not constantly mentioned, Magento's costume being some sort of metallic, body armor has always been a thing...at least since Claremont wrote him. It was likely mentioned in the Silver Age as well, I am just not too fluent in that era and have not read it as much.

Honestly, and I don't want to sound like I am a know it all or anything, but I have always just assumed Magneto's costume was armor. Comics don't always provide an exact, realistic interpretation of what we are supposed to be looking at.....for instance, during the early 90's Forge made the blue and gold uniforms that the team wore briefly that were supposed to be state of the art body armor--and they just looked no different from a spandex costume. Captain America's costume was always supposed to be some sort of chain mail mesh body armor and it always looked like flag pajamas..if you get what I mean.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil Noto
Phil Noto

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I can't post any scans right now, so you are going to have take my word for it, I will provide them later if you want....however, his costumes have consistently been referred to armor over the years.

The instance you mentioned in Uncanny 150 is one, and before that, during John Byrne's era, it is implied his costume is some sort of armor when Colossus punches him and he is not utterly impaled by his fist.. Later on, he battle the Avengers when he was wearing his purple costume and was in charge of the New Mutants and mentions not only how he is able to withstand attacks from the likes of Namor because of his armor, but also is able to break a bear hug that Hercules has him in because of the armor within his costume.

Later on, in X-Men 1 (1991) Wolverine attacks him and sparks shoot from his costume, then, later in the issue, he mentions to Fabian Cortez how his armor took the brunt of the attack but Wolverine still managed to cut through it, because adamantium cuts through everything and all. Then, later still, during Fatal Attractions, he laments how his armor was able to allow him to battle the strike team Xavier assembles to attack him.

So, while it something that is not constantly mentioned, Magento's costume being some sort of metallic, body armor has always been a thing...at least since Claremont wrote him. It was likely mentioned in the Silver Age as well, I am just not too fluent in that era and have not read it as much.

Honestly, and I don't want to sound like I am a know it all or anything, but I have always just assumed Magneto's costume was armor. Comics don't always provide an exact, realistic interpretation of what we are supposed to be looking at.....for instance, during the early 90's Forge made the blue and gold uniforms that the team wore briefly that were supposed to be state of the art body armor--and they just looked no different from a spandex costume. Captain America's costume was always supposed to be some sort of chain mail mesh body armor and it always looked like flag pajamas..if you get what I mean.

I'm familiar with all the instances you mentioned. I'll skim through them (not now though) and I'll have words with thee right after ;)

@sprior93 said:
Phil Noto
Phil Noto

Like ✔

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TristanHeron

@adamtrmm: Yeah, Wada also did this great pic of the X-Women in formal wear.

No Caption Provided

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I agree. Magneto should use his armor as a malleable weapon as well as for protection e.g. a magnetic power augmented spear punch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adamTRMM

@tristanheron:

The X-ladies panorama looks Anka's tbh. He also likes them fashionable though.

About that armor, Magneto can be an indestructible (bonding Vibrabiuam and Adamantium), shape bending Symbiote/Prototype style one man army (quite literally) even without his already fancy classic energy manipulation. And it's not even an amp, it's essentially what he can do already.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Yep, you are right. It is Kris Anka. I found it on Wada's site.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No to Bendis, but yes to Mann and this roster.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Alex Ross ones. Not a fan of the hoodies tho

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel Govar does a lot of X-Men inspired stuff, I included one of his drawings in a thread I made as one of his images inspired me to write a shitty fan fic.

Here is a alt-version Days of Future Past he did.

No Caption Provided

He actually just has a lot of X-Men related artwork on his site in general Danielgovar.com

No Caption Provided

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TristanHeron
No Caption Provided

It's not really an unusual lineup or significant redesign, but the Colossus costume is good, and I want the X-family back together!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adamTRMM
Lots of times have I seen people bashing on Clayton Crain's art... If only having poor taste was an Olympic game....
Lots of times have I seen people bashing on Clayton Crain's art... If only having poor taste was an Olympic game....
Dustin Weaver right here brings in the wonder of mixing gothic Victorian, hightech Cyberpunk and well
Dustin Weaver right here brings in the wonder of mixing gothic Victorian, hightech Cyberpunk and well "something" creepily Sinister on this panel
Juggernaut inspired by Silent Hill... or it's just me? Quite frankly, he looks more menacing, infernal and
Juggernaut inspired by Silent Hill... or it's just me? Quite frankly, he looks more menacing, infernal and "consciously" unstoppable here
U(nstoppable)-Force... Armored enforcers capturing a well-known mutant-persecuting image, both unstoppable and technological. Lol I just came up with that, but IIRC this armor was indeed inspired by Juggernaut
U(nstoppable)-Force... Armored enforcers capturing a well-known mutant-persecuting image, both unstoppable and technological. Lol I just came up with that, but IIRC this armor was indeed inspired by Juggernaut
Maggie. Just Maggie
Maggie. Just Maggie

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Reminds me of video game consept art. I love . wish there was a Phoenix to do along with Jean. Would she have a sceptor? a flame bow? A sword? The possibilties!

@adamtrmm: loved the uncanny X-Men avx tie in.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By adamTRMM

@pyrofn:

An amazing portrayal of Sinister.

---------------------------------

I'm not sure people will approve, but I'd love Cyclops to have a more "cyclopian" visor when he was supposed to go full blown badass.

But... since he didn't, the Racer X-clops is a perfect symbol of what Bendis did to him. I guess, it's all good. Wasting potential isn't something new.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TristanHeron

@adamtrmm: Speaking of Victorian, I know Steampunk has been done to death, but it works pretty well with the X-Men. I suppose there is a lot of Cyberpunk in the X-Men already so it is isn't much of a transition to get to Steampunk.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron:

I miss those semi-eventful, thematic Decimation minis, even when certain characters weren't a part of the main books, you could've find them there. Ellis' Ghost Boxes was a bit different, but still pretty much one of these, and right here Adi Granov manages to make even the steampunk version look quite neat, and that while steam is my least favorite "-punk". Give me all of it - nanopunk, dieselpunk, atompunk, decopunk, hell even clockpunk, and I will probably like it. With steampunk it takes an exceptional concept for me to finally "feel" it.

So while Pyro and Magneto look hilarious, only Granov's talent make me truly like it.

More!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: With the way they did that visor? I love it!!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By adamTRMM
A fitting dress up for a a newly established X-corp CEO I'd say
A fitting dress up for a a newly established X-corp CEO I'd say

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@adamtrmm said:
Dustin Weaver right here brings in the wonder of mixing gothic Victorian, hightech Cyberpunk and well
Dustin Weaver right here brings in the wonder of mixing gothic Victorian, hightech Cyberpunk and well "something" creepily Sinister on this panel
Juggernaut inspired by Silent Hill... or it's just me? Quite frankly, he looks more menacing, infernal and
Juggernaut inspired by Silent Hill... or it's just me? Quite frankly, he looks more menacing, infernal and "consciously" unstoppable here
U(nstoppable)-Force... Armored enforcers capturing a well-known mutant persecuting images, both unstoppable and technological. Lol I just came up with that, but IIRC this armor was indeed inspired by Juggernaut
U(nstoppable)-Force... Armored enforcers capturing a well-known mutant persecuting images, both unstoppable and technological. Lol I just came up with that, but IIRC this armor was indeed inspired by Juggernaut
Maggie. Just Maggie
Maggie. Just Maggie

LOVE SELENE IN THAT OUTFIT!

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Clayton Crain's art is beautiful in portraits and select shots but some of his pages are also some of the most indecipherable in all of comics.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adamTRMM

@selina_sublime said:

Clayton Crain's art is beautiful in portraits and select shots but some of his pages are also some of the most indecipherable in all of comics.

I can agree with that partially, sometimes it can be messy, but when he's onto his A-game, he's simply one of the very best artists.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#40  Edited By Teerack

All of the Planet X stuff from Uncanny Avengers was f**king amazing. I want more of it it was like the opposite of Age of Apocalypses. It was also one of the best portrayals of Scott Summers in like seriously a decade.

No Caption Provided

God damn, how has Daniel Acuña not done an x-men book? He draws literally every x-character better then anyone has ever drawn them before.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack:

He did X-men Legacy Annual and its whole subsequent arc IIRC.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@adamtrmm said:

@teerack:

Oh did he do an arch in Legacy? I wish he would do an entire ongoing book and not just an arch tho.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@adamtrmm said:

@teerack:

Oh yeah, the Bling!/Emplate arc! <3 <3 <3

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump because why not:

No Caption Provided

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@adamtrmm said:

I just spotted something interesting on deviantart, penciled by Kris Anka, a random lineup that made me really curious.

No Caption Provided

------------------------------------------------------------

If you have something similar with lineups that never happened, but looked amazing as a concept, or a redesign that you like, post it here. I want to see more.

that crew is pretty cool

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn:

It is actually. I feel like Tooth wouldn't be there voluntarily, so they either have something on him, or have something he wants, or that they flat out threaten him to cooperate lol!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: ok, that drawing looks awesome.

Cyke becomes a Hubba, Hubba, Hunk.

Logan’s inverted colors works.

Love Colossus X-tinction look inspired costume.

Nightcrawlers costume could be better. Also, they gave him four fingers. Don’t know if that is an upgrade or not. XD

Gambit and Rogue have no changes. Wish they would’ve went with her Legacy look rather than her Avengers look.

Beast back to cat form. No costume so far, no comment.

Like Storms X-midriff, though I can’t say why, considering how fragile Storm could be logically. Always loved the long capes, makes her some like royalty.

Man, they gave Jean some hairy eye-brows. But of a sinsiter look too. Don’t see signs of Phoenix, so that ominous look is interestingly unsettling.

Xavier’s collar looks like the piece of a robe from what I could guess.

Like that piece of art overall.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

Ok, I never really gave it such a deep analysis to be honest, moreover it actually goes against the headline itself as we see the most classic lineup that can possibly be, so you kind of made me realize that!

Just wanted to bump the thread, do you have some art you'd like to share?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those who miss X-force