Would you be ok with Lupita Nyong'o playing as Storm in Disney's X-men Movies?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Poll Would you be ok with Lupita Nyong'o playing as Storm in Disney's X-men Movies? (30 votes)

Yes, she definitely has to play as Ororo Munroe aka Storm 10%
No, keep her as Nakia and have Disney look for somebody else to play as Storm 90%

Lupita Nyong'o played as Nakia, who is shown as having an affection with Black Panther, vice verse, in the Black Panther movie.

No Caption Provided

Now that Disney already acquired Fox and will be producing X-men movies in the future, would you like Nakia to play as Storm or just keep her role as Nakia?

No Caption Provided

• 
HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

She would make a great Storm. I don't know that you can do it in the MCU now since she was Nakia.

I also think Sonequa Martin Green would make a great Storm as well

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

She was one of the least interesting, memorable and useful parts of the BP movie... yeah, I'd wait for someone else to play Storm.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure the buyout hasn’t gone through yet.

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep the girl from Apocalypse. The few moments she was on were really cool.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll be a great Storm, but she's already Nakia.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

she is already in BP, so no.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

No Caption Provided

Actress Anoinette Robertson is who i want as Storm.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney's X-men

Those two words together makes me die a bit inside.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit late for that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I agree but I'm not fond of Fox's X-Men either so I don't feel I'm losing out here.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be very ideal but no since she is already Nakia, I dont think the producers and casting directors would think its a good idea. :(

better to cast someone else, and uhhhh the Mohawk Storm is really getting tacky in my opinion, hope the bring back her long hair

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander Shipp did a fine job as it is. Don’t see a need to change actresses until we know for sure who would be in a hypothetical X-Men movie.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: really? You think she's a good Storm?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shipp did well in the m&m commercial. :)

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shipp needs to leave, but Lupita is already rocking it as Nakia so no.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@cattlebattle: I agree but I'm not fond of Fox's X-Men either so I don't feel I'm losing out here.

Fox just owned the movie rights though, and arguably the majority of their X-Men films were good and let the people who worked on it have free reign which let them come up with ideas that have been adapted into the books. Anyways, Fox just became synonymous with crap in the late 2000s due to making shit comic movies and the Star Wars prequels, before that they were behind some of the best and influential films like the original Star Wars films, Predator, the Alien films, Planet of the Apes series, Die Hard etc.

MaverickMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shipp is too young, keeo lupita as nakia, and bring in a new female lead for storm.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PyroFN

@hawk2916: Yup. Accent and everything. The problem was not Shipp, but the script, aka lack of lines for Storm. They focused too much on Mystique and Magneto and not enough on the new kids and Horsemen. What little Shipp had, she did well enough.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney's X-men

I'm with you. The mouse is taking over the world. ?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she's an overrated actress who didn't show much in Panther and shesvalready apart of marvel

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hmm.. As much as I wanted this before, after seeing her in Black Panther, I was a bit let down. She was probably the least most memorable character in the film. Heck Angela Bassett would slay Storm better than Lupita.

She looks like Storm... but her personality is too soft.

Puny_Banner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She already has an MCU role.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Scott and Jean actually got as much screentime as those two. Scott even had more dialogue than Magneto.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666: Jean I agree with. (Thank goodness she got some care and character development) Scott only got as much in the beginning, but nothing that establishes a leader role or any character apart from his relationship with Havok. After, there is not much left to him after Havok dies. Scott and Jean don’t make up the rest of the new kids though. We still had Storm, Nightcrawler, and Jubilee. I also mentioned the Horsemen which included Psylocke and Archangel.

My comment was more in reference to Storm and Psylocke than Scott and Jean to begin with, but only Jean to me actually got some script and screen time of noteworhtiness. Nightcrawler cuts it close, but they could have gotten a little more from him aside from simple comic relief. (Not that it is a bad thing for him to be comic relief, it’s true to his mischievously playful nature in comics.) It’s a fine line that ultimately would’ve been remedied had they given less emphasis on Magnetos work life. What I replace it with, maybe some more dialogue between Storm and Apocalypse to get an idea of why Storm decides to stick with him beyond a power upgrade and look, an establishment of how much more powerful Apocalypse has made Storm, Psylocke, and Archangel, or Xavier conversations with each Horsemen to find their motivations and doubts. If you put down a list of things that Magneto does and goes through in the film, it outweighs what the Horsemen and X-kids do, with maybe an exception to Jean. And that is a big maybe.

AROSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batvibe12:just a theory, storm and Nakia are twins estranged since young age

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Thats an interesting theory. Looks like Lupita Nyongo cant be our Storm. So i guess its another choice:

Yaya Dacosta

Yatide Badaki

Aja Naomi King

Dewanda Wise

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney's X-men

Sometimes I do really think that Disney X-Men is going to be turned out like Disney Star Wars.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

Sometimes I do really think that Disney X-Men is going to be turned out like Disney Star Wars.

It likely will. It will be another series of the films where they only grasp the popular tenets of the characters and the characters just make jokes until a big CGI climax where the characters punch each other for 20 mins.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

It likely will. It will be another series of the films where they only grasp the popular tenets of the characters and the characters just make jokes until a big CGI climax where the characters punch each other for 20 mins.

lol It has now become propaganda for Disney to makes jokes in almost frequently for their blockbusters.