Who has better TK showings between Adult Jean and Teen Jean?

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Saw some people talking about who has better TK between Adult Jean and Jeen and got curious what you guys think about it

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 del_torro  Online

Adult Jean should have better and more impressive feats.

She's held up a falling city

Held up building parts that weighed thousands of tons

Shielded from a building being dropped on her

Restrained Hercules (strong enough to lift up the cosmos/earth)

Held back a team of Avengers that had Hercules and Namor on it underwater (Namor gets a powerboost underwater)

Restrained the Thing

Shielded from energy of hyperspace

Shielded from a white hole

Shielded from Blasts from the Stranger with killing intent (cosmic being that created Ego, one blast knocked down the juggernaut)

Shielded from blasts From Binary (she's one shot spaceships and one shot beings that gave classic silver surfer trouble

Blocked a hit from a Guardian of the mkraan crystal (strong enough to one shot Nate greys shield, stomp gladiator, and throw wolverine into orbit)

Shielded from a bomb that destroyed a skull military base and it's garrisons

Shielded from an explosion that leveled Muir Island (twice)

Holding back cyclops optic blasts pre AvX and post AVX (pre avx Scott produces around 2 gigawatts of energy, has blown up a mountain, peeled the flesh from hulk and killed apocalypse with his blast,post AVX Scotts powers are amped and have hurt a weakened dormammu) Scott also has statements of being able to pulverize adamantium and Crack a small planet

Can easily shield against the pressure at the bottom of the ocean

Can casually blast someone from the coast of France to the middle of the pyrenees (close to 300 miles)

Able to casually use tk internally to defuse a bomb, break bones, explode heads, stop hearts, clot blood,and rip body's in half.

Can use telekinesis to hold apart millions of nanobots in Scotts abdomen trying to come together to Form a bomb.

Can use tk from halfway around the world to transform storms costume and braids her hair

Can use tk to transmute metal to flesh, and to transform her clothes

Can use tk to excited oxygen molecules and cause explosions

Used tk to slow down the molecules on asteroid when it was right next to the surface of the sun (the sun is so hot that an asteroid that close would be vaporized immediately, like Asgard was in recent the mighty Thor issues). The suns surface temp is around 5000 degrees Celsius, she slowed it down to 100 degrees, and immediately wolverine killed her, the asteroid vaporized.

I don't think teen Jean has performed feats on her level with same casualness without an amp.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Adult.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Jean.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adult Jean. Teen Jean has struggled with things her adult version never would have, and is less impressive overall.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, lets compare top feats:

Teen Jean

Teen Jean's feats of telekinesis have improved a lot and very quickly for her age in comparison to her adult counterpart (which puts into question whether Xavier held her back or helped her). Some amazing feats include

Knocking a Sentinel off its feet

No Caption Provided

Accidentally lifts a dozen mutants after being overwhelmed by her own abilities

No Caption Provided

Blasts the Uncanny Avengers in a fit of rage, Thor gets sent into lift off twice

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She dismantles a motorcycle and a gun respectively, something Beast comments is something her older self was only capable of as Phoenix (And he is dead wrong and we will see that in adult Jean's section)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sends large group of soldiers flying in a single wave

No Caption Provided

Redirects Shi'ar energy blasts

No Caption Provided

Her tk punch could down a Kraken-like creature temporarily and then a tk blast to send rocks flying at the fish

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TK shields protect her and Hope from a Reaver suicide-bomber

No Caption Provided

Tk Shield holds against Goblin Queens minion while she simulatneously use tk bumpers to redirect Scott's optic blasts

No Caption Provided

She moves a group of cars in a parking garage to find piledriver

No Caption Provided

Teen Jean takes out a group of Hand Ninjas after falling into a helpless position while their weapons are drawn

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TK Shields are up to block machine gun fire

No Caption Provided

And now the big ones. Her psychic form, a culmination of her telepathy and telekinesis working hand-in-hand while amped by the surrounding psionic energy, lets start with its debut, fighting Gladiator, a Superman level character

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Her Pink Form saps the collective psychic energy of Galactus, Phoenix, Terrax, the aliens, and their planet to punch Galactus down

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Last, but far from least, she uses what little consciousness left and for the most part, resurrects her body by taking apart the Poison parts and using whats left of her body and extra material around her to reform a new body (Venomized #5)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Don't believe me? Then take Jeans word for it in X-Men Blue #30

No Caption Provided

So, this is some of the many, many ridiculous feats in the tk category for Teen Jean Grey and my goodness, in my opinion, she probaby could match to Jean, but we will draw a conclusion after Jean's turn in the spotlight.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 del_torro  Online

@PyroFN: nice scans, I believe she can only match Adult Jean in her Pink mode when she's absorbed energy from others.

example, in No more humans, she struggles to hold together oxygen atoms, but in venomized, in pink mode she rebuilds her body, atom by atom

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next, our star, the one true Jean Grey:

Jean Grey

Our girl is next. Having her powers grow at a natural rate by Xavier's will, Jean developed into who she is today, so here we go.

Let's start with baby Jean, starting with unleashing a telekinetic wave on a group of mall goers (this technically applies to Teen Jean as well)

No Caption Provided

tossing multiple boulders at a t-rex

No Caption Provided

Separate Warren and Scott with her telekinesis

No Caption Provided

Jean redirects a missile

No Caption Provided

Blocks Magneto's scrap metal attack as Green Marvel Girl

No Caption Provided

Defeats several Sentinels

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Melds the spaceships hole telekinetically

No Caption Provided

Blocked a punch from Abomination

No Caption Provided

Nearly succeeds in lifting the Blob (if only it weren't for that infernal stretchy, sticky dirt)

No Caption Provided

Uses her power of "teleportation" (you had one job editors) to throw ice pellets at Bobby's ice shield

No Caption Provided

Telekinetically separates a slew of raining flowers

No Caption Provided

Lifts a crowd of women (cuz this ain't the sadies hawkins dance)

No Caption Provided

Telekinetically takes apart and puts back together a gun (Want to re-evaluate that again, Beast?)

No Caption Provided

She turns the page telekinetically (this one isn't a serious one)

No Caption Provided

Now lets jump in time to X-Factor, where Jeans telekinesis grows stronger than before, but still pales in comparison to her later years and her Phoenix incarnation. Starting with throwing a couch through a wall

No Caption Provided

Created a telekinetic net across a building and shields herself just as it explodes, and then effortlessly lifts herself and her team for flight

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blocks Black Bolts beam

No Caption Provided

Catches rubble from a roof that Scott shot a hole in

No Caption Provided

Throws rubble at Scott and pulled the rug out from under him

No Caption Provided

Jean wraps young Storm in ribbon

No Caption Provided

Jean disarms Spiral behind her and sucker punches the confused mutant

No Caption Provided

Jean Grey vs Sue Storm, note that Jeans telekinesis before couldn't penetrate Sues shield, so she definitely has improved since then if she held her own at this point shields against Sue now

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the Muir Island Saga, Legion causes an island size explosion, this explosion. Jeans held up against this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Enough this! Cause we are going 90's BABY!!!! Lets start things off with Jean Grey vs Iron Man

No Caption Provided

Telekinetically holds together Scotts insides while controlling the nano bombs inside together apart

No Caption Provided

Jean says telepathic shield, but the energy blast wasn't telepathic in nature as far as i can tell, so I believe she blocked Apocalypse attack with tk

No Caption Provided

Jean Grey takes Fitzroy's impenetrable suit out with telekinesis, causing Bishop to comment how it is supposed to be impossible, something Jean is apparently known for exceeding by this point

No Caption Provided

Holds up a plane

No Caption Provided

Juggernaut thinks it might be possible that Jean could hold him in place until back-up arrives

No Caption Provided

Jean holds back the full force of Scott's optic blast, said to punch holes through mountains

No Caption Provided

Viciously pulls an imposter Polaris in half

No Caption Provided

Flies in a tk shield out in space, making sure to have the appropriate air pressure to breath the oxygen trapped in her tk shields while she flies and catches up to an escape pod already at terminal velocity

No Caption Provided

One of her most powerful feats to date, tk flies in hyperspace to a white hole star that Binary is powers and holds tk shields to resist the power from the white hole while simultaneously using her telepathy at the right precise frequency to cut off Carol from the mind-controls source just enough without frying her synapse in the process

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blocks machine gun bullets

No Caption Provided

Catches Spider-Man after he saves her (@ursaber)(Context would be nice. If I'm to take a guess, this looks like.... Infinity Wars????)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Through her connection with Scott, she penetrates Apocalypse defneses and takes apart his Celestial armor

No Caption Provided

Shields against Strangers lasers

No Caption Provided

Creates psychic fire similar to Phoenix energy eithout actually using the Phoenix Force

No Caption Provided

Rips a robot in half

No Caption Provided

Jean vs Thing

No Caption Provided

Jeans shields hold against an attack from Jaff where X-Man (who is always regarded around this time as more powerful than Jean) fails

No Caption Provided

Now lets skip ahead to New X-Men, Jean displays molecular telekinesis on the oxygen molecules around Cassandra Nova while she is out-of-it

No Caption Provided

We all remember this one

No Caption Provided

Her telekinetic sensitivity can help her sense magnetic patterns and Lorna's nervous system

No Caption Provided

Lets skip ahead to ghost Jean because the feats don't stop at death, Jean proficiently controls Teen Jeans telekinesis expertly to fly across a a sewer tunnel and city to Emma's penthouse and use a psychic scream on Emma Frost (if you guys believe this to be a Phoenix Jean feat based on imagery, I will understand, but I will leave this up, nonetheless)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

telekinetic shield to protect against the Phoenix flames threatening our group of ex-Phoenix hosts (for those that say it was Teen Jean that was shielding them, look at Ghost Jeans pose in the last scan)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Let's now move on to our living breathing Jean again, starting with stopping gunfire at a mutant girl

No Caption Provided

Not entirely sure about the timeline of this one, but from the looks of Jeans appearance, it looks like she flew around the world in a short time to find the worlds brightest minds in person (airports would be way too expensive, so I am positive she flew around the world telekinetically if she didn't bother to change her outfit, lol. The blackbird is a possibility, but I would most definitely be positive that the X-Men would've sent someone to accompany Jean)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Travels to Atlantis with tk bubble

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

switching focus from telepathy to telekinesis to stop machine gun fire and incapacitate a group of sentinite-controlled humans

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Allows her team to breathe underwater via tk shields and flies faster than a Sentinel

No Caption Provided

Uses telekinesis to pull a nanite through Orroro's brain passages

No Caption Provided

Blocks machine gun fire (but no one is perfect. Yes, not even the great Jean Grey)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Protects herself and Rachel against Black Bolts attacks

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Finally, Old Lady Jean wipes out a large group Sentinels in a single telekinetic wave

No Caption Provided

Wow, this one took me all day, and this still isn't everything. Oh, and @gladeusex, you are right. Jean Grey is the X-Men's swiss army knife based on her entire history, lol.

Anyways, you all can compare feats and decide for yourselves where Jean stands vs Teen Jean. Even for me, this is too close of a call. Thanks for your time everyone.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PyroFN: nice scans, I believe she can only match Adult Jean in her Pink mode when she's absorbed energy from others.

example, in No more humans, she struggles to hold together oxygen atoms, but in venomized, in pink mode she rebuilds her body, atom by atom

I think so as well.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@pyrofn:

That was... too much. I didn't see myself get tagged though?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn From your scans it looks like Adult Jean has far better telekinetic feats, but Jeen has better feats if we’re talking about when they were the same age.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

... you had a lot of time available, didn’t you?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pls post a scan when teen jean one shot kree soldiers on black vortex and demons on days of apocalypse

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 del_torro  Online
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By marvelfan1992

@del_torro@darthphoenix@ursaber@pyrofn@ashetdust@thewatcherking

I've always wondered why people with TK that are of the same power-level as Magneto (I mostly mean jean, rachel, cable, nate) don't get lifting feats as good as him. Aside from Cable casually holding up providence/avalon with TK, i don't recall instances of sheer raw lifting power. Like magneto lifts islands and asteroids, submarines and ships etc, throws buildings and what not, but the telekinetics don't really have feats of the same calibre even though they should have roughly the same amount of raw power

On topic:

Teen Jean may just seem more powerful to some people because she has so many feats in such a short spam of time whereas original jean has decades of mediocre showings and jobbing and inconsistent showings that people sometimes forget her higher end showings

Also, to add to the feats, Jean in X-Factor used ehr tk to keep a building antenna that weighed "thousands of tons" floating so that's a great TK feat for her

@elpendejo oh yes teen jean is without a doubt much more powerful than original Jean was at around that age

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn for the muir island explosion, I don't think Jean shielded them. It looks like they are all under the power of legion/shadow king

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 del_torro  Online

@marvelfan1992:

on the next page, shadow king mentions that it was jean who shielded them.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/pcYguD-YA0hv4Y83QgNJxfkWaC_EHqHXtGYqJNFHXp0-69gpUMFpVb7YGbv4JCumY4bgksv7eyYY=s1600

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f
deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992:

on the next page, shadow king mentions that it was jean who shielded them.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/pcYguD-YA0hv4Y83QgNJxfkWaC_EHqHXtGYqJNFHXp0-69gpUMFpVb7YGbv4JCumY4bgksv7eyYY=s1600

oh cool! thanks

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwasright: Thank you kindly.

@del_torro: Thank you very much.

@marvelfan1992: Almost got very worried since the scan below the explosion has Shadow Kings statement. I'm thankful for del_torro

@ashetdust: I had a lazy sunday.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Comment 18 by xwasright shows where I tagged you in my long list of Jean Grey feats.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By ursaber

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: Comment 18 by xwasright shows where I tagged you in my long list of Jean Grey feats.

Because of my Spider Man connection.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 del_torro  Online

I'm bored. I'm going to make another "rank the telepaths" thread if nothing interesting happens

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 del_torro  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f
deactivated-5b7e39e00ab6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Whoops, sorry, wrong thread (or not).

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: you should try to compile all the statements about Jean being some super powered psychic lol. I realize she has been talked up so much by writers and stuff even though we haven't yet seen her consistently at that hyped up level they keep saying she is

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 del_torro  Online

@marvelfan1992: sounds stressful, but it's worth a try.

I was compiling scans of teen Jean from bending run making people sleep and saying "sleeeep", but then phoenix redirection happened and I got bored