What's next for Cyclops?

• 72 results
william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, with the next era of X-MEN comics to focus on the growing tension between mutants and inhumans Cyclops seems to be largely absent. But when he does pop up what role do you think he'll play? It doesn't seem like he can be a public hero anymore, with everything that's happened in Avengers vs. X-MEN onward. So, what do you think?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By HAWK2916

I hope he joins Magneto's team or at least do his own real version of a mutant revolution in which he tries to bring down mutant hating organizations and sentinel factories. He could have a team consisting of Warpath. Frenzy. Cable. Domino. Rachel. and maybe Gambit, Chamber, or Magma and/or Emma if she hasn't showed up somewhere else or she doesn't have her own team.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully complete deletion from all comics

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

pretty sure Cyclops' next wacky move is..

...leading the X-men!

No Caption Provided
HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Lol. I hope that Cyclops leads them right back to their own alternate universe time.

As for the real Cyclops....

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@hawk2916: pffft.. "the real Cyclops"..

didn't that one die? like, again?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I would like to see a real mutant revolution, and some real low maintenance heavy hitting members Warpath, Frenzy, Chamber some of those were great ideas. But really idk, i think the old one will be out for a while and we are stuck with Teen Scott, who btw I actually like alot HOWEVER the premise for all new X men seem terrible, how are they taking a road trip with the mist out there? Idk it makes no sense but yea hoping for the best on that front

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Lol who knows. Its secret wars so maybe by 2018 we might know how things shake out

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldnightcrawler
Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I agree, hoping he gets his own title leading his own team. I hope the team consist off mutants who don't get much screen time. like some of the ones you mentioned. Let the revolution continue properly.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hopefully he will still be leading the mutant revolution

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: @hawk2916: @darkpesmerga10: @kcomicfan:

So if Cyclops got his own team, or even Solo who would you guys want to write it? And whose Artwork?

I loved Wheldon's comics but honestly if its going for a Cyclops central comic (prepares to be stoned) i wouldnt mind having Fraction back, he did a good Cyclops give him just 2-3 other characters and it would be fine (fraction seemed to only focus on like three people i think thats why he was most hated lol)

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Well, I'd like the book to have a black ops feel. It should be about Cyclops and his team doing what's got to be done. I like the idea of Cyclops leading a black ops team with Cable. So, I say give it to Rick Remender.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I'm not gonna really pick and writer or Artist i'm pretty open minded and not very picky. who ever is to take over i hope they keep cyclops on the anti-hero train. i used to hate the character now hes easily one of my favs. Bendis is not in anyway one of my favorite writers but at the start of his run with uncanny i loved cyclops. Cyclops and Blackbolt i would love to see fight. not each other but war of tactics like an entire arc trying to guess their plays like giant chess game.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: @william300:

Reminder is kind of hit or miss with me, but I agree Cyclops could do the black ops thing and keep the whole anti hero feel I think for a team with like Warpath, Maybe Emma, a teleporter would be nice to get in and out so idk though an anti hero ish one lol not sure what options we have other then vanisher which i dont like, Sage and Frenzy would be nice picks too. I wouldnt mind seeing Cable or Cannonball on the roster either, so yea Reminder would be ok, and black ops wouldnt bother me

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By kcomicfan
Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't he dead he got his neck snapped.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HAWK2916

@mcklayn: I think Gillen could do a good job on it. Cullen Bunn could as well as Kyle and Yost too. So any of those guys. I think for the art I like what Leinel Francis Yu did in the Sw's Civil War. I also like Acuna and the art from the previous run on Uncanny and All New

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he dead but he will be back or is it rise again??????

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Secret Wars twisted reality like it's a pretzel. He'll be back.......

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever it is, he'll still be more relevant than every other X-Man currently in action.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: @phoenixofthetides:

You think so Phoenix? Curious why you say that and dont believe he will be written off as a nothing with storm taking his leadership of mutant kind role (i love cyclops and want you to be right just curious why or how your so confident lol)

And Hawk Gillen would be awesome, i always seem to forget him his run was so short then invaded by AvX but i loved his Cyclops in that run and I believe he did Consequences which really showed him as anti heroish

and Im a homer i guess but I love Bachelo for art, also the Ramos guy I just realized did a stretch in the Supernova/ mike carey run and it was hard to tell the two apart so yea i wouldnt mind him either, Im excited hes working on Extra

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@hawk2916: @phoenixofthetides:

You think so Phoenix? Curious why you say that and dont believe he will be written off as a nothing with storm taking his leadership of mutant kind role (i love cyclops and want you to be right just curious why or how your so confident lol)

And Hawk Gillen would be awesome, i always seem to forget him his run was so short then invaded by AvX but i loved his Cyclops in that run and I believe he did Consequences which really showed him as anti heroish

and Im a homer i guess but I love Bachelo for art, also the Ramos guy I just realized did a stretch in the Supernova/ mike carey run and it was hard to tell the two apart so yea i wouldnt mind him either, Im excited hes working on Extra

I don't know what the new status quo of mutantkind will be, but I personally think there is more interesting stories to be told with a leader who is standing up for a disenfranchised population that has to share space with people who hate and fear them. I am just not interested in exploring an alien planet with the mutant community, so I'm already somewhat ambivalent about this new role. It just seems more like wish fulfillment then an exploration of themes that have been undercurrents in the X-Men, and marvel comics universe for years.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Im in agreement with you for the most part. I just hate how things are going. I do think that there are some interesting stories that can be told with mutants going off planet but it should be a few arcs and maybe a year or two not the status quo

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marginalization. Breakdown. Either moral or physical mutilation.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmmh... Death ?

Avatar image for deactivated-59953d77c6a44
deactivated-59953d77c6a44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutants and Inhumans should merge completely

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats just silly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
@artistsupreme said:

thats just silly

nah its not silly. Then finally maybe Cyclop's revolution would actually do some change

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
@artistsupreme said:

thats just silly

nah its not silly. Then finally maybe Cyclop's revolution would actually do some change

how would a none sense merge help Cyclops revolution?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
@artistsupreme said:
@mcklayn said:
@artistsupreme said:

thats just silly

how would a none sense merge help Cyclops revolution?

I'm joking, mate

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artistsupreme: oh i just thought you were an idiot :-p im kidding, well kind of lol. I just like to try to see peoples sides so if you had some sort of real point id like to at least hear it lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@artistsupreme: oh i just thought you were an idiot :-p im kidding, well kind of lol. I just like to try to see peoples sides so if you had some sort of real point id like to at least hear it lol

Nah, I think if Mutants and Inhumans society and race merged it would just create more fear if anything. Not to mention the fact that I doubt Black Bolt would let Cyclops helm the new 'revolution'. But this begs another question (forgive my ignorance, pretty new to comics)..what has Cyclops really accomplished or anyone really? I know that mutants can't be perfect and happy because then what will these heroes have to strive for? Less conflict = less stories! But how are mutants better off now than they were before?

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artistsupreme:

Honestly, his big accomplishment was making sure Mutants didn't go extinct after M-day. There were just about 200 active mutants left, none were manifesting, and all the forces that normally hated them anyway were seeing their opportunity to finish the job. Cyclops united the remaining mutants, kept Utopia going, and in the end he was proven correct in regards to what the Phoenix's goal on earth was, and how best to handle it.

Mutants after AvX were better off because not only were the dormant X-genes activating naturally, but they were also seeing a surge in civilian support. Scott was on the cover of magazines and college campuses were having pro-mutant demonstrations. Also after the events of AvX Capt. American realized that the Avengers had not done enough to help the mutant population and started the Unity-Squad. So yeah, a lot was accomplished while he was in charge.

Unfortunately after Secret Wars we seem to be heading back to square one thanks to the Terrigen Mists

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artistsupreme:

Honestly, his big accomplishment was making sure Mutants didn't go extinct after M-day. There were just about 200 active mutants left, none were manifesting, and all the forces that normally hated them anyway were seeing their opportunity to finish the job. Cyclops united the remaining mutants, kept Utopia going, and in the end he was proven correct in regards to what the Phoenix's goal on earth was, and how best to handle it.

Mutants after AvX were better off because not only were the dormant X-genes activating naturally, but they were also seeing a surge in civilian support. Scott was on the cover of magazines and college campuses were having pro-mutant demonstrations. Also after the events of AvX Capt. American realized that the Avengers had not done enough to help the mutant population and started the Unity-Squad. So yeah, a lot was accomplished while he was in charge.

Unfortunately after Secret Wars we seem to be heading back to square one thanks to the Terrigen Mists

This ^^ was all scott which was big actually, but even in general since the creation of X men the mutant race has become way more accepted it has been addressed several times (morrison had a whole Mutant like sub culture, clubs ect and Magneto at one point had a whole nation of Mutants) but due to the nature of comics most all accomplishments no matter how large or small gets counter acted. Some large event comes (like the Decimation, The Genosha Incident, or now the T Mist) and resets things back to ground one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
@lordmordor said:

@artistsupreme:

This ^^ was all scott which was big actually, but even in general since the creation of X men the mutant race has become way more accepted it has been addressed several times (morrison had a whole Mutant like sub culture, clubs ect and Magneto at one point had a whole nation of Mutants) but due to the nature of comics most all accomplishments no matter how large or small gets counter acted. Some large event comes (like the Decimation, The Genosha Incident, or now the T Mist) and resets things back to ground one.

So what's next for Cyclops? Another unite the mutants campaign or something?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artistsupreme: I think he has created a situation for him where he has to be a leader, he can't really be on a team without being in charge in some way, thats not bad but i think for now he will stay out of the spotlight and in the shadows. Lots of flashback revealing what he did that is so horrible, then more then likely some arc that tells the truth behind why he did or didn't do whatever was suppose to be horrible. The re establish himself as a leader of some group to help move Prof x dream forward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@artistsupreme: I think he has created a situation for him where he has to be a leader, he can't really be on a team without being in charge in some way, thats not bad but i think for now he will stay out of the spotlight and in the shadows. Lots of flashback revealing what he did that is so horrible, then more then likely some arc that tells the truth behind why he did or didn't do whatever was suppose to be horrible. The re establish himself as a leader of some group to help move Prof x dream forward

seems likely

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

seems likely

yea no crazy predictions or anything out of the box just the most logical road, of course this is Marvel so more then likely he will be a super villain <.< of course if you think about it after making progress, getting pushed back, making progress getting pushed back, so many times (and scott has been here for it all) it would push some one t the edge of just not caring anymore so i guess it would make some sense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
@artistsupreme said:
@mcklayn said:

seems likely

yea no crazy predictions or anything out of the box just the most logical road, of course this is Marvel so more then likely he will be a super villain <.< of course if you think about it after making progress, getting pushed back, making progress getting pushed back, so many times (and scott has been here for it all) it would push some one t the edge of just not caring anymore so i guess it would make some sense

yeah he prob will

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's next? Looks like allot of optic blasts to the jimmies!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well

Is he dead dead or dead to them in spirit?

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statement? Even when I see him disintegrated I won't believe, he's Summers after all:

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well

No Caption Provided

I want to see a body...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@koays said:
@earthsmightiest said:

Well

No Caption Provided

I want to see a body...

Forget it mutant filth. We've cut him open for the autopsy. Maybe we'll stuff him and send him over as a gift. With a bomb inside.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well

Young Cyclops is still around apparently. And I'm ROFLing over Storm even mentioning old Cyclops' name. Yeah, he's dead, no thanks to you and your school full of cowards who can't even run a trial right let alone take a stand when you're entire species is being wiped out. That little line said a lot - like admitting that without Scott, there is no direction (in addition to no one to blame). Like, girl, bye. I'm also sick of the "We need you." excuse being tossed around. Remember when the X-Men were cunning, and made do with whoever stepped up to the plate? Yeah, those days are long gone. Pfft. Just so much head shaking going on at my desk right now. Aren't Wolfsbane, Warpath, and other mutants with superhuman senses and perceptions still available - wouldn't they be ideal for a Search and Rescue team which is supposedly what the Extraordinary X-Men are. -_-.??

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By adamTRMM

@sprior93:

Yeah I also don't believe that. This unadvertised death isn't how Marvel operates these days ;)

@phoenixofthetides:

Good, good. Now you're with us.

No Caption Provided

lol

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@earthsmightiest said:

Well

No Caption Provided

I want to see a body...

or a funeral, life without cyclops....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH