What are your favorite uniforms/costumes/looks from your favorite X-Men characters?

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992

Jean: My favorite look for her is actually from New X-Men. Her X-Men Red outfit is also really nice depending on the artist. Sometimes it loos too bulky. I don't like the green and yellow version of it that's sometimes used in Dawn of X

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cyclops: My favorites are his 90s look and his new x-men looks. He is very handsome and his face doesn't deserve to be covered. I love his post AvX and current one too, but only when the hood thingy isn't on

Rachel: AvX++ era is my favorite. Though I also love her Prestige look. I HATE her current look and costume from X-Factor

Storm: I really like the X-Men red motif

Psylocke: I really like her 2010s outfit. And of course her good old ninja outfit

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Why not?

Jean Grey

The Phoenix looks are my obvious favorites. I like the simplicity of the designs.

After that would be, well, the 90’s Phoenix outfit. Red is my favorite color.

No Caption Provided

Finally, the Marvel Girl skirt. It just looks comfortable and most like Jean. Casual, heroic, yet still with a bit of sexiness to it. That is kind of what I think of when it comes to Jean. Even the tighter fitting outfits look comfortable, like Jean could wear them anywhere and not worry about it restraining her.

No Caption Provided

Emma Frost

For Emma, my favorite is this bodice look. It’s still looks Emma, but it’s not overly slutty. Emma may show a lot of skin, but she still wears clothes.

No Caption Provided

My next favorite of Emma’s is the dress from House/Powers of X. It is glamorous and sexy at the same time.

No Caption Provided

Final favorite would be her Resurrexion era White Queen. It feels like a more current version of her White Queen outfit.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for obscureobsidian
ObscureObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@marvelfan1992 Completely agree in Jean's case. The blue and red post-Phoenix Resurrection suit was an improved version of the costume Jim Lee designed back in the early 90s, being one of Lee's less inspired designs; while she was probably the best dressed during Morrison's New X-Men, specially when Phil Jimenez was the penciler.

In Scott's case, besides Jim Lee's outfit, I must say that the part that covered the head aside I really liked the outfit Chris Bachalo designed for him in Brian Michael Bendis' Uncanny X-Men, and I'm kinda glad the current outfit is a redesign of that one, with the red parts blue instead. Although I'm kind hoping for the red to make a come back... In regards to time displaced teenage Scott, I think the outfit he wore during Cullen Bunn's X-Men Blue is the winner.

Talking about Bachalo's work in Uncanny X-Men, I really like Magik's outfit. Yes, I'd joke until the day I die about that look being a cross between a genderbent Cloud Strife and a lost Kill la Kill character, but that's exactly why I love it so much.

Nightcrawler's classic outfit, back during Claremont's classic run, is his iconic outfit for a reason, but I'd say that the outfit he wore in the Wolverine and the X-Men animated series was a good modern update.

Northstar's classic black and white outfit is another outfit that like Kurt's doesn't need any updates, but the late 2000s redesign during Mike Carey's run was a nice example of how to do it right in case someone's going to do it anyway.

Same about Storm. Her best look is still the Second Genesis/early Claremont-Byrne years, followed by the redesign she had in the 2000s.

Talking about iconic outfits, I have to confess I never liked Jim Lee's classic 90s green and yellow look. Most Rogue outfits for me have always lack a factor to make me truly like them to be honest. But I'd have to pick one, I'll go with the late 80s look Marc Silvestri gave her. And even then, I'd rather have a redesign of it that having the exact same outfit make a comeback.

With Remy is the exact opposite. I love his original outfit, and taking into account most of the subsequent costumes have been redesigns or have taken most of their elements from it, I think there's a good reason why.

Rictor's current look in Tini Howard's Excalibur is probably the best he has ever had. Or maybe it's just that Marcus To is drawing him.

Also I love Bobby's look in the early 2000s, and I kinda wish he wore it more than he did.

Avatar image for deactivated-6055330d93f26
deactivated-6055330d93f26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for polaris

My second favourite character is Captain Britain (Besty)

Now as for kwannon

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anything but not the marvel girl green dress for jean lmao

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cosmic_reign
No Caption Provided

Bishop

No Caption Provided

Archangel

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8 god_spawn  Moderator

That one time Emma wore white. That was my favorite.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That one time Emma wore white. That was my favorite.

That one time? More like all the time.

No Caption Provided