Was Wolverine written better in the 1990s or the 2000s?

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Was Wolverine written better in the 1990s or the 2000s? (17 votes)

90s 47%
2000s 53%

Which decade to you think have us a better Wolverine?

• 
Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The 2000s. 90s Wolverine may not of been over saturated like he was in the 2000s, but he also wasn't in very many good comics. I didn't really care for the way Larry Hama wrote Wolverine, and had almost no interest in the character during the comics from that time period. He at least had a few stand out runs from the 2000s, like Frank Teri's run and X-Force.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tazirai

Wolverine was better anytime when he wasn't overpowered, unkillable, and just way too fan servicey, he can beat everybody. I hate that Wolverine.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai said:

Wolverine was better anytime when he wasn't overpowered, unkillable, and just way too fan servicey, he can beat everybody. I hate that Wolverine.

Puny_Banner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

80s Wolverine was the best, but I'd take 2000s over 90s.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai: Well, I hate it when people go of-topic on threads, by bringing up stupid stuff that has nothing to do with what's being discussed, but you're doing it anyway...

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, the 90's.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

80s Wolvie.

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By MsSelene

I didn't read Wolverine's solo for the bulk of the 90s and I wouldn't call his X-Men appearances during that time good. He didn't do much in X-Men after Chris Claremont stopped writing the books.

The 2000s was also pretty bad. Starting with Whedon's Astonishing, they put him on every team, but didn't used him. I don't understand the point of having him on the team if they weren't even going to write him. It only made him feel oversaturated.

Over all I have the most good memories of him from the 2000s thanks in large part to House of M, Kyle and Yost's X-Force, and Old Man Logan.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:

@tazirai: Well, I hate it when people go of-topic on threads, by bringing up stupid stuff that has nothing to do with what's being discussed, but you're doing it anyway...

First, it's Off topic. But what stupid stuff did I bring up and how is it off topic to wat's being discussed? I basically said 80's Wolverine, because he was all those things I listed. DO you not agree? Others have.

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2010s and 1990s were the worst decades for Wolverine. The 2000s were mostly enjoyable from what I read, but I didn't read everything.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai said:
@jota23 said:

First, it's Off topic. But what stupid stuff did I bring up and how is it off topic to wat's being discussed? I basically said 80's Wolverine, because he was all those things I listed. DO you not agree? Others have.

You didn't mention 80's Wolverine. You went on a stupid rant about over-powered Wolverine because, since 2007, or something, it's impossible to have a thread about the character in a forum, without someone furiosly flogging that dead horse!

I also find it hilarious how you people allways bring up 80's Wolverine, like that is a good example of what you're arguing. What, the time when Claremont established him as an amazing, badass, killing machine, trained by legendary samurai/ninja masters and Marvel wasnt jobbing him to stupid c-list characters? That's the Wolverine you like? So do I!

Can you imagine Claremont's Wolverine against Cornell's Wolverine? He'd kill that pussy so fast human eyes wouldnt be able to register the movement!

No, you didnt like 80's Wolverine. You just didnt hate him yet, because he still hadnt beaten a character that you liked.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:
@tazirai said:
@jota23 said:

You didn't mention 80's Wolverine. You went on a stupid rant about over-powered Wolverine because, since 2007, or something, it's impossible to have a thread about the character in a forum, without someone furiosly flogging that dead horse!

I also find it hilarious how you people allways bring up 80's Wolverine, like that is a good example of what you're arguing. What, the time when Claremont established him as an amazing, badass, killing machine, trained by legendary samurai/ninja masters and Marvel wasnt jobbing him to stupid c-list characters? That's the Wolverine you like? So do I!

Can you imagine Claremont's Wolverine against Cornell's Wolverine? He'd kill that pussy so fast human eyes wouldnt be able to register the movement!

No, you didnt like 80's Wolverine. You just didnt hate him yet, because he still hadnt beaten a character that you liked.

I'm sorry your butthurt is real, but you don't get to tell me who I liked and didn't. I loved Wolverine in the 80's because he was the marvel version of Timberwolf for me. Timberwolf was the Legions version of Wolverine, when Wolverine got turned down by the Legion editors.

So please keep telling people who they like and don't. Psylocke got her ass kicked all the time pre ninja and I loved her. Colossus jobbed to people all the time, and I loved him. Storm had less jobbing, but when she did, she jobbed hard. Wolverine could get shot 5 times and win a fight, but he felt those bullets. Modern wolverine is a joke, he can survive a point blank nuke? GTFOH!

I'm sorry you're butthurt for whatever reason. But to me it's not about how totally badass a character is, I usually like weaker superhumans anyway. It's about the character. So please keep telling me, my one line was a total rant, lol.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai: Yeah, I'm sure you have nothing but love for the character. Give me a break!

Also, I'm "butthurt" because you people keep complaining about Wolverine being over-powered in places where that's not the topic!

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like current Wolverine, I loved Older Outback, and 80's Wolverine yes. I like the Silver Age heroes, sue me. They weren't overpowered or OMEGA!!!!! They were just great characters who had to team up to take on more powerful villains.

But I'm done arguing, you can believe what you like. /shrug.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazirai said:

I don't like current Wolverine, I loved Older Outback, and 80's Wolverine yes. I like the Silver Age heroes, sue me. They weren't overpowered or OMEGA!!!!! They were just great characters who had to team up to take on more powerful villains.

But I'm done arguing, you can believe what you like. /shrug.

60s-80s are my favorite comic book years.

tholovar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I am the odd one out. I prefer 1990's wolverine. Just because there were a couple of stories I liked in amongst all the rubbish. 2000s Wolverine was fucking everywhere. If they wanted to shove him in Avengers, remove him from everywhere else. But yeah 80s was the best, but that wasn't an option, so 90s Wolverine is my choice.

PS. and @jota23. Do you want some Fish and Tomato Sauce with that chip.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers