• 60 results
AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AsheTDust

I find myself agreeing with you. Maybe we can start a movement to exile, er I mean focus, all of Aaron’s considerable creative talents solely on the Thor book.

We should launch a petition!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pyrofn: I knew there was someone else. Lemire was garbage as well. Make it a Sinister Six

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn @ashetdust: Lol Aaron's writing Thor now and last time i checked the book was about and elderly Thor fighting a elderly Phoenix force Wolverine and becoming the host for the Phoenix....who as it turns out used to bang Odin.

Aaron is so trash he can still write bad X-Men plots in a Thor book.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron for sure.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Aaron is worse. Dude's a classic example of burnout in comics.

Starts with a amazing Thor run, which slowly gets worse as it goes on. His X-Men run was rubbish.

I'm pretty sure there are some 90's X-Men writers that made some terrible choices, but they weren't consistent enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sina Grace reading and giggling on this.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i give bendis 8/10

Loading Video...

@koays@ashetdust@pyrofn homer got it right about mutants when he says "risking my life, to save people i hate for reasons i dont understand" LOL

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mcklayn said:
@koays said:

Nope, he's bad in a few spots, but eventually it'll just be seen as a sub par run on Uncanny and a poorly scripted All New run,and will probably be redeemed by what other ppl do with his ideas.

In context it'll be pretty bad because nothing happened and ppl who sat through it will remember the wasted potential and slow pacing. But Astonishing was hated for being pointless and delayed during its time and yet no one considers that when they grade the run on its own

he is not the worst, its not even that he was bad its that he was anti climatic and slow as crap pacing made you wait half a year or more for a story to end where nothing happened, also he seemed to dismiss continuity and start too much that he couldnt finish by the time his run was over.

As for as Wheldon's astonishing goes i totally count delays when grading whedon as a writer i would never want him back. But if you just grade the story on its own merits then its alot better, also people say it has no rammification to continuity but it did bring back Colossus, introduce Agent Brand & Sword, Danger and got rid of Kitty so I think considering its length thats about as much as any run and none of it really had to be re conned sure kitty came back but it was years later and used the parameters of the story itself didnt disregard she was lost in space in a big bullet lol. He also laid the building blocks of what Scott and Emma's relationship was like, sure morrison put them together but the actual relationship was built by Whedon.

That however is totally not what this thread is about ! No bendis is not the worst writer Morrison is <.< (yea i snuck that in there)

Isn't Astonishig X-Men by Whedon considered one of the best runs on X-Men ? Most of the reviews I read were near perfect, not to mention I did a contest on Best Marvel Runs of all time and the run was in the Top 10.

I personally loved it and it is indeed one of the best runs I have read.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: It is critically acclaimed and for the most part enjoyed by all.

It also was delayed and dragged out the ass to the point it was 2 events behind the X-Men comics by the time they reached the middle of the run I believe.

It's also not essential reading at all because it doesnt connect to any of the actual X-Men book plots even the ones set after its final issue.

There's also the fact that for as fun as the run is remembered for being....its super short and all the characters are written as super clever snark machines with their funniest traits played up for humor.

Among serious fans the run is seen as being great. But any time you here from someone who was reading the run as it came out or have the run compared against another one of the more beloved runs...you'll here these brought up

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@thor_parker82: It is critically acclaimed and for the most part enjoyed by all.

It also was delayed and dragged out the ass to the point it was 2 events behind the X-Men comics by the time they reached the middle of the run I believe.

It's also not essential reading at all because it doesnt connect to any of the actual X-Men book plots even the ones set after its final issue.

There's also the fact that for as fun as the run is remembered for being....its super short and all the characters are written as super clever snark machines with their funniest traits played up for humor.

Among serious fans the run is seen as being great. But any time you here from someone who was reading the run as it came out or have the run compared against another one of the more beloved runs...you'll here these brought up

It was around 35 issues or so, wasn't it ? That doesn't seem too short, at least not for today's standards lol. Anyway, I read the entire run in like a week, read it like 3 years ago, so I didn't know about the delays, I just picked it all up and loved every issue.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: And you should. It's great. No X-Fan would not recommend it.

But it stands as evidence that people reading month to month almost always have more critical views of runs then people who read it all at once.

Perfect example, current Uncanny X-men has peoples heads rolling from one side to the next every other issue because we have 3-4 weeks between issues to think about and discuss the pros and cons of every possible plot point.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

nah i am pretty sure x men survived a lot worse

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@thor_parker82: And you should. It's great. No X-Fan would not recommend it.

But it stands as evidence that people reading month to month almost always have more critical views of runs then people who read it all at once.

Perfect example, current Uncanny X-men has peoples heads rolling from one side to the next every other issue because we have 3-4 weeks between issues to think about and discuss the pros and cons of every possible plot point.

How is the current Uncanny X-Men book by Brisson and Rosenberg btw ?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Koays

@thor_parker82: Honestly excellent so far. It's only once in a while that we get an X-Men run that is strong and compelling so consistently through its first arc. Issue 11 is perfection. And if it keeps as close to that level as it has it will likely be a legendary run.

That said, alot of runs have a great first arc. All New X-Men by Bendis For one is truly special.....and ends up one of the most disappointing runs we have.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find myself agreeing with you. Maybe we can start a movement to exile, er I mean focus, all of Aaron’s considerable creative talents solely on the Thor book.

We should launch a petition!

No, please no, Jason Aaron has ruined Thor and all its mythos & supporting characters, I had never seen a writer damage so much of what defines a character, Aaron is cancer for Thor.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@thor_parker82: Honestly excellent so far. It's only once in a while that we get an X-Men run that is strong and compelling so consistently through its first arc. Issue 11 is perfection. And if it keeps as close to that level as it has it will likely be a legendary run.

That said, alot of runs have a great first arc. All New X-Men by Bendis For one is truly special.....and ends up one of the most disappointing runs we have.

Glad to hear it's good, hopefully it stays that way.