• 51 results
#1 Edited by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#2 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6020 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate has lost his marbles to listen to what he claims is the face of true evil.

#4 Posted by Koays (10957 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY FUDGE CAKES AND BISCUIT BITES!!!

Ok then....Nate has just brought relevance back to the X-Men rouge gallery. Time to put on our big boy pants.

#5 Posted by marvelfan1992 (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

All I'm hoping for is some sort of power display from Jean. Otherwise, just counting down the months til Scott is Back

#6 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Rouge gallery? I think they should have stuck with the color mauve.

#7 Posted by Supermanthor (16146 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

The preview looks good.

I'm happy to see Apocalypse.

Prolly, this story will end with Apocalypse fully possessing X-man's body.

#9 Edited by marvelfan1992 (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: no. The horsemen of the apocalypse look like a joke and the x-men are made to look so weak. Jean, Storm, Polaris and arguably Betsy should all be able to easily wipe out the armires (both the Maddrox armies they faced earlier and the current fodder human armies). Also Jean and Betsy were on the verge, barely able to hold up a psychic illusion in issue 3 versus non telepaths wtf was that about.

Literally the only thing I'm looking forward to is Jean somehow getting a good showing of feats, and Nate vs Legion. I really liked Nate as a character before, a lost teen with unimaginable power trying to find his way in a new world, but now he's some sort of naive Jesus or whatever willing to kill the X-Men including Jean who he used to so desperately seek out. Load of BS IMO this book is garbage so far. Only thing I like about the book is that here is only 1 Wolverine in it (so far)

#10 Posted by Supermanthor (16146 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by marvelfan1992 (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: i mean literally they had their hands full with dinosaurs?!?!? Each one of them could have one-shot all those stupid lizards and I'm not even exaggerating

#12 Posted by Supermanthor (16146 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did nate only go after the X-men?But not the other heroes?

#15 Posted by Koays (10957 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Lol you know, given where I do the most of my typing there really is no excuse for that.

#16 Posted by Koays (10957 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: Well who do you think wouldve gone after a guy called X-Man who's mother and father are Scott and Jean. Captain America of course!!??? Smh he brought back the dinosaurs, the others are occupied.

#17 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@mrnihal: Well who do you think wouldve gone after a guy called X-Man who's mother and father are Scott and Jean. Captain America of course!!??? Smh he brought back the dinosaurs, the others are occupied.

I think you read my post wrong.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#18 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the guy says he's here for the second coming, makes himself look like Jesus, uses christian motifs like the four horsemen, and then erases religion? Isn't that a bit ... self contradictory?

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (17628 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the guy says he's here for the second coming, makes himself look like Jesus, uses christian motifs like the four horsemen, and then erases religion? Isn't that a bit ... self contradictory?

To be fair, Apocalypse put him up to it. But, historically Apocalypse has never really had a problem with theism either, considering he knows or has fought personally many beings from the worlds religions (Mephisto, Loki etc.) the Hindu gods definitely exist in the Marvel U, Thor has hung out with them.

#20 Posted by Thunderscream (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa man, X-Man just became my hero.

#21 Posted by JeannieH (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. What is happening?? Does he have a strategy, an end game or is he just experimenting. SMH!

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

bad concept in short.

#23 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable said:

bad concept in short.

Well,he's just nuts now.

#24 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: To be fair, if you want to be the only religion and we had the powers compared to a god, would you keep around false gods getting glory that you deserve? The real kicker is that Nate thinks he is being kind and reasonable.

#25 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Well, if I wanted to be the only religion, I would probably avoid ripping-off said false Gods.

#26 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: Picking a better name might also be a good thing.

‘The Insufferable’ doesn’t exactly evoke hope and peace.....or fear.

#27 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@theinsufferable said:

bad concept in short.

Well,he's just nuts now.

I mean, for the writer.

#28 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Well, I wouldn't start "the religion" in CV. There are many better places than a dying forum for it. Unless you happen to be Wenjun Chew.

#29 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Although now that you've mentioned it, I'm starting to like the Insufferable religion idea.

No Caption Provided

#30 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Well, I wouldn't start "the religion" in CV. There are many better places than a dying forum for it. Unless you happen to be Wenjun Chew.

Don't forget the church of Storm. :)

#31 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Although now that you've mentioned it, I'm starting to like the Insufferable religion idea.

No Caption Provided

LOL.Should've put him & Scott my reunion list.Sinister will throw a party for his return.

#32 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Storm needs no church to be remembered. She's always in our hearts.

#33 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:
@theinsufferable said:

No Caption Provided

LOL.Should've put him & Scott my reunion list.Sinister will throw a party for his return.

Nice one! :)

#34 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Yeah, but CV is like the second page of a google search at this point.

#37 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: Those that are vigilant will most definitely end up on the second page. I know I do when I can’t find what I’m looking for on the first page.

#38 Posted by TheInsufferable (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: The religion isn't even built yet, and you're already making it elitist?

#39 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinsufferable: Back up. I’m just saying that there are determined ones. Elitists go further than that, lol.

#40 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

The elite ones I know are the posters on the top posters list, hehehe :)

#41 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the issue today?

#42 Posted by Thunderscream (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: I actually think it's quite good. Better than the last issue. Art is on point.

#43 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: I actually think it's quite good. Better than the last issue. Art is on point.

summary please using spoilers

#44 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the odd ones are comparatively good than even ones.

#45 Posted by Thunderscream (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: X-Man erases churches at Apocalypse's suggestion (per the preview) and seems to have collected Kitty, Nur and the Senator as a council of sorts. The kids help Legion access Cerebro along with Madrox and there's a hint that he (Legion) may not actually be in this for the greater good. Jean's team is distracted by Blob and Omega Red's attack on an oil rig which has been overgrown with flora. Storm and Polaris combine powers to take on Moses Magneto. Psylocke faces Angel and reignites his Dark Angel persona to break him from X-Man's control.

#46 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: X-Man erases churches at Apocalypse's suggestion (per the preview) and seems to have collected Kitty, Nur and the Senator as a council of sorts. The kids help Legion access Cerebro along with Madrox and there's a hint that he (Legion) may not actually be in this for the greater good. Jean's team is distracted by Blob and Omega Red's attack on an oil rig which has been overgrown with flora. Storm and Polaris combine powers to take on Moses Magneto. Psylocke faces Angel and reignites his Dark Angel persona to break him from X-Man's control.

Thanks a lot. :)

#47 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderscream: I didn't get the legion bit while reading it.Maybe i need to check it out again.

#48 Posted by Thunderscream (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal said:

@thunderscream: I didn't get the legion bit while reading it.Maybe i need to check it out again.

Look at the way he's drawn before they get to Cerebro. His face and mannerisms are almost child-like...hugging Madrox despite their recent tribulations. Then watch the eyebrows arch when he's located X-Man. His countenance shifts from innocent to insidious in an instant. Could this be two different personalities is is someone else pulling the strings?

#49 Posted by MrNihal (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderscream: I don't find that suspicious,when you know it's "age of X-man" that's coming.

#50 Posted by Thunderscream (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: Right, but has Legion actually been working WITH X-Man the whole time under the guise of working against him? (or at least maybe just one of his personalities is)

Legion himself has mentioned that he created X-Man by creating the Age of Apocalypse timeline.