• 148 results
Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

Wheter we like it or not, Bendis is going to bring some changes to the current X-Men status and he will bring some great revelations about Charles Xavier's past. Editors said that this is a crazy idea and will make a lot of people talk.

No Caption Provided

This is what we know currently about the Will, and we've also seen some preview art such as this:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=22187

or this:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=22564

We also know that She-Hulk is going to read the Will and that every X-Men will be in the same room while she will do this.

Oh, and there's also this:

No Caption Provided

Whatever Jennifer is telling them, Emma seems to be the only happy X-Men.

So, feel free to discuss here about the Will and the upcoming Uncanny X-Men issues. And also tell us what do you think the big revelation will be or what you wish it will be.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have no idea what is going to happen, but im very excited for this. I think its such a brilliant idea, a way to make chucks death have more of an impact as well as make it stick more.

I saw the shots of dazzler hunting down mystique which is going to be a cool plot line too, as of course she is going to be flipping angry at her.

Maybe it will say something crazy like he leave the land where the JGS is built to emma frost or to scott. That would cause a bit of tension when wolverines school is actually own by scott or some sort of twist like this.

Really i think the two big questions are what is he leaving behind? and who gets it?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Veitha

@rodwell said:

I have no idea what is going to happen, but im very excited for this. I think its such a brilliant idea, a way to make chucks death have more of an impact as well as make it stick more.

I saw the shots of dazzler hunting down mystique which is going to be a cool plot line too, as of course she is going to be flipping angry at her.

Maybe it will say something crazy like he leave the land where the JGS is built to emma frost or to scott. That would cause a bit of tension when wolverines school is actually own by scott or some sort of twist like this.

Really i think the two big questions are what is he leaving behind? and who gets it?

I thought the same thing. Leaving the school to Scott or Emma would be a nice twist.

Bendis said on tumbrl that after the Will the roster of his books is going to change, so maybe Xavier says something that makes someone from the Uncanny Team go away or someone from the School join the Uncanny team.

Oh and welcome to the X-Men forum(it's the first time I see you hanging here :D)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Really tired of all this shake-up the status quo every other week. It's getting ridiculous. God I hope we get a reboot soon!!!!

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@hawk2916 said:

Really tired of all this shake-up the status quo every other week. It's getting ridiculous. God I hope we get a reboot soon!!!!

This!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't pick up Uncanny but I must admit that this looks too intriguing to pass up.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks interesting but knowing Bendis he'll probably screw it up.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

First issue was very vanilla. It's like he tried touching base with a bunch of things like Dazzler, Mystique, Eva's time jump, nanotech sentinels, the will, the Matthew guy, but nothing really comes of any of it. I'd say this issue can be skipped since it doesn't reveal anything and the questions it tries to set up are ones you probably already had going into it anyway.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

First issue was very vanilla. It's like he tried touching base with a bunch of things like Dazzler, Mystique, Eva's time jump, nanotech sentinels, the will, the Matthew guy, but nothing really comes of any of it. I'd say this issue can be skipped since it doesn't reveal anything and the questions it tries to set up are ones you probably already had going into it anyway.

agreed.

there's a few nice character moments to move some of Uncanny's ongoing plots, but nothing really essential to the story of the Will itself; definitely skippable.

@hawk2916 said:

but.. wouldn't a reboot be shaking up the current status quo as well?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Koays  Online

Seems were going back to snails pace in Uncanny again for the next story arcs. But i get the need to touch base with all the plotlines since the start of a crossover is a good time to get new readers.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

agreed.

there's a few nice character moments to move some of Uncanny's ongoing plots, but nothing really essential to the story of the Will itself; definitely skippable.

Agreed. We will have to wait until issue 25 to read the actual will. Anyway this has been quite enjoyable, and I liked the art.

@hawk2916 said:

a reebot would be the worst thing. ever.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and have you guys read the 100th Anniversary issue? Damn, I threw up reading the last page.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By poisonfleur

Really....? Why is Firestar and Nightcrawler there? I don't believe Xaiver Will would have said they should be there.... lol

And I highly doubt Xavier would leave the School Logan built as a big F U to Scott to Scott.... That would be stupid. And drama for the sake of drama.

Emma is looking too happy to the point where it is creepy when everyone else is uncomfortable.. I hate it when she gets like this. X-rosters are going to be shaken up.

Any ideas who is going where?
I hope this will affects Storm somehow-- Each of the team in an own unique way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Rachel goes to Scott's team. Technically both her parents are there as well as her bestfriend/ex-bestfriend kitty

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read it and I was like "U wot, m8 ?" by the end. I mean seriously, does Bendis think we are stupid or something !? The long hyped, long awaited issue fulfilled exactly jack-squat. Back to the snail's pace of nothing happening, as usual.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koays  Online

@martinceld: Lol as I read that, I realized that is literally everyone that has ever been of any importance to that character save maybe Cable....lol maybe she should just switch

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: And I highly doubt Xavier would leave the School Logan built as a big F U to Scott to Scott.... That would be stupid. And drama for the sake of drama.

Why wouldn't he? You think Xavier would give a school to Logan?

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xrs10

It seems obvious to me that Emma will get the school because she has been a Headmistress of her own academy and that she is ideally the next to be in line, if Xavier wrote the will before the whole phoenix thing then it would mean he is allowing his own students to go off and do their thing whilst giving Emma that responsibility. I think Storm is going to leave the JGS and go solo and work in the adjectiveless team seeing as that isn't a formal team anyway. Emma may get her own team, and Cyc may get another.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis is horrible. Today's issue was a big letdown. Nothing happened at all.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis is horrible. Today's issue was a big letdown. Nothing happened at all.

Yeah. Just a bunch of facial expressions.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Veitha

@xrs10: that.would.be.a.dream.come.true.

Generation X back again *______*

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrs10 said:

It seems obvious to me that Emma will get the school because she has been a Headmistress of her own academy and that she is ideally the next to be in line, if Xavier wrote the will before the whole phoenix thing then it would mean he is allowing his own students to go off and do their thing whilst giving Emma that responsibility. I think Storm is going to leave the JGS and go solo and work in the adjectiveless team seeing as that isn't a formal team anyway. Emma may get her own team, and Cyc may get another.

Every word you typed was acid to my soul. The only way I will accept Emma as Headmistress, is if Storm is Headmaster. The phoenix 5 & Magneto need to stay over there in Canada. I like what's going on at the X-mansion. But now that Wolverine is gone/going-- and the X-mansion head figures are Storm, Beast, Iceman, and Rachel(-- and I guess Nightcrawler?) maybe a mix up right now isn't that bad.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa whoa whoa. Firestar, Rachel, Emma and Magik are all at the reading, but not Colossus? I realize Bendis hates the idea of him being on panel with his favorite pet character Kitty, but he's the only original team member/giant sized member that's not there. Well...there are others, but they're DEAD.

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I think it makes perfect sense. With the Death of Wolverine and the graduation of all the students, which is even pointed at in the new adjectiveless issue, The JGS is going to become a bit of a weird one. Wolverine and the X-Men surely has to be cancelled so that a new book with the students can come through (which would benefit from having a leader like Emma), leaving Beast, Iceman and Storm and Rachel off in their own place. Storm has Adjectiveless With Rachel and her solo. Beast has his Illuminati place, and Iceman will possibly join Cyc or the Amazing team will change and be a book for Iceman, Colossus and Nightcrawler. And Rachel could easily join Cyc.

I am going to take a guess at these being the rosters for the future:

Uncanny: Cyclops, Rachel (the new added telepath for him), Dazzler, Magik and the rest of the newer ones

Adjectiveless will stay the same for a while

Wolverine and the X-Men will go and a new book will come in With Emma possibly heading it (also would fit with the whole female thing marvel has going atm) you would have the students from the school and guest appearances from others

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@xrs10:

Wolverine and the X-Men will go and a new book will come in With Emma possibly heading it (also would fit with the whole female thing marvel has going atm) you would have the students from the school and guest appearances from others

I can see this happen, but I find it doubtful. Even with Logan dying, I haven't heard anything of Watxm being cancelled and it hasn't been like a Marvel secret he is, so shouldn't have their been some announcement on it? Correct me if I'm wrong about it. Bendis said in an interview not too long ago too that he has Emma down as a primary focus for future storylines and that she will be going through some physical and mental changes. So if she leaves the Uncanny team to get her own, that requires Bendis to work on a third book X book, which I doubt is going to happen. Or this requires one of his X books to split time to be used on another faction, which will cut time out of his 05 focus in ANXM, or the Uncanny team in UXM. Or she drops completely and becomes a guest like character with a few appearances here and there to drive a sub-plot of her being Headmistress with her own team, but that itself would actually be too large of a plot to just spend only a couple of pages an issue on and expect it to be impactful in some way. But by BMB's own statement of her being a main part of future storylines, makes that unlikely.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@poisonfleur: why wouldn't they be there? They're X-Men right?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

@oldnightcrawler said:
@god_spawn said:

agreed.

Agreed. We will have to wait until issue 25 to read the actual will. Anyway this has been quite enjoyable, and I liked the art.

@oldnightcrawler said:
@hawk2916 said:

a reebot would be the worst thing. ever.

Why do you think? Right now continuity is a mess and with the damage being done to the timestream all over Marvel apparently a reboot seems likely anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that only a few were in the will, perhaps scott storm beast logan give or take a few, and the rest were just there to because they wanted to witness it

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I'm curious as to how Xavier still has anything left to will to people, what with him having died so many times already.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Night4345
@squares said:

I'm curious as to how Xavier still has anything left to will to people, what with him having died so many times already.

His will probably says: "Don't f up the world while I'm gone."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

I wouldn't doubt it, he probably wants to do that himself.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: continuity is for amateurs.

I disagree, IMO it's lack of continuity that has amateurs ignoring everything that has ever happened to the Xmen.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: Colossus and Magik are supposed to come face to face during this arc, so he'll show up eventually.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

this sounds great and i cant wait to read it

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really....? Why is Firestar and Nightcrawler there? I don't believe Xaiver Will would have said they should be there.... lol

And I highly doubt Xavier would leave the School Logan built as a big F U to Scott to Scott.... That would be stupid. And drama for the sake of drama.

Emma is looking too happy to the point where it is creepy when everyone else is uncomfortable.. I hate it when she gets like this. X-rosters are going to be shaken up.

Any ideas who is going where?

I hope this will affects Storm somehow-- Each of the team in an own unique way.

Same here. I am curious who has specifically touched on in a meaningful way in his will. I am thinking it will be Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Kitty Pryde, and maybe Beast (or Nightcrawler). As far as her X-Men role (I still want her to remain an a$$-kicking hero in her solo) I'm split on whether I want Storm to remain as Headmistress of the JGS. Part of me wants to keep it that way but only if there is not a more important role for her fill with the status change.

I'm not sure ofthe motivations that they will have to want to leave or stay. Iceman seems to have an immediate reaction so he may end up making a change to the other side (or a whole new team), and I'd be fine with Rachel leaving. The rest - I'm not sure. If there are roster changes I'd like to see Storm's all female team as follows - Storm, Psylocke, Rogue (bring her back please), Jubilee, and Monet (though I'd consider replacing her with Polaris and making Rogue the team brick again).

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: @oldnightcrawler: Not really. The worst thing ever is fans that will accept any and everything and try to justify it all as if they are paid by the company. Considering how messed up things are, a reboot and seperate universe sounds great to me right now. By the way I would say ignoring continuity just in the name of having a bunch of jump on points for new fans and relying on gimmicks instead of real writing is more amateur than anything else.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: Colossus and Magik are supposed to come face to face during this arc, so he'll show up eventually.

What the H? It's God Spawn. Long time no see.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: I've been around though lol? And fine, hbu?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: I've been around though lol? And fine, hbu?

Well I haven't been around! I've been doing well. Just enjoying the summer and I hope you're right. If Colossus isn't involved int he will...I call shenanigans.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: Bendis was asked if these two would have a reunion, and he mentioned in a podcast like a month ago they will.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: Bendis was asked if these two would have a reunion, and he mentioned in a podcast like a month ago they will.

Oh well that's fancy. I do wonder if they'll make up or if he's still busted up over their last meeting.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: He did promise he would kill her, but she was happy to see future Handle-Bar Stache Colossus in Bota.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: He did promise he would kill her, but she was happy to see future Handle-Bar Stache Colossus in Bota.

Well that was a wise Colossus. Trimming such a legendary piece of facial hair gave him great knowledge.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@veitha: @oldnightcrawler:

1. Not really. The worst thing ever is fans that will accept any and everything and try to justify it all as if they are paid by the company.
  2. Considering how messed up things are, a reboot and seperate universe sounds great to me right now.
  3. By the way I would say ignoring continuity just in the name of having a bunch of jump on points for new fans and relying on gimmicks instead of real writing is more amateur than anything else.

1. I can think of lots of things worse than that. Also, being able to enjoy something that you yourself don't like doesn't make someone less of a fan or invalidate their opinion in and of itself. If I can express what it is I like about something, it's because I actually do like it, not because I feel like I have to justify liking it.

2. I don't see things as any more messed up than they've ever been. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy a reboot, just that it seems completely unnecessary.

3. besides, a reboot, by it's nature, is really just ignoring continuity for the sake of a jump on point for new fans.

And, while I can see the need for new fans as more important than continuity, the more separate continuities there are, the more confusing it will be for all fans, especially new ones.

@oldnightcrawler said:

@lordofallhumans: continuity is for amateurs.

I disagree, IMO it's lack of continuity that has amateurs ignoring everything that has ever happened to the Xmen.

that's one way of looking at it, but that ignores that not everything that has ever happened to the X-men has happened in the same continuity to begin with. : /

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Koays  Online

@squares said:

This....or you know "Hey guys, it's been real. Try not to let any Super-villains steal my brain or anything...cause you know that would suck. Anyway Jean gets the house, she can sign for it when she gets back(you know she will)...she was always my favorite"

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: First of all Ive never questioned anyone being a fan. I merely state my opinions and defend them when someone tries to invalidate what Ive said. It was stated by one the peoe I responded to that a reboot would be the worst thing ever and I disagreed. I happen to think things are messed up and just because you are loving it right now, does that make me less of a fan? The idea of a reboot is what I feel can straight some of the convoluted mess out. Fans will come and go and most new fans that Ive seen dont just jump on blind without doing any research or catching up. But as I said I dont care for how things are and I can see flaws and alot of empty writing and gimmicks which I decide to point out from time to time. If you dont see anything wrong and love, then more power to you enjoy it. But dont try to invalidate anothers opinion because they dont praise the current writers and the direction they are going. And by the same token dont think Im taking a personal shot at you because I happen to disagree