Storm has a new costume in X-men: RED

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

OKAAAYYY QUEEN!!!! Storm is werking a brand new costume in X-men Red! And may I add, she looks like a BOSS!

Does this mean Storm is here to stay as permanent X-men Red? Cross your finger, Raindrops! Cuz X-men: Red is one of the best X-books out right now! And the writer seems to understand just how powerful Storm's powers really are.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Love it. Kinda wish it was white though.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Can Jean go back to her civilian clothing lol her costume is hideous

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda looks like this?

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm's new costume looks awesome.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But no, the writer doesnt know how powerful Storm is and how her power works.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgeous, anything that is similar to her X-force costume is awesome.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

There is an in-story reason why she and everyone else is getting a new suit.

Spoilers: Cassandra Nova is using a nanobot that flies in and attaches itself to the brain and effectively making normal people able to spot mutants, but it also ramps up the hate they feel towards mutants, effectively turning humans into sentinels. When it attaches itself to a mutant however, the primary effect hits first before the mutant tried to kill themselves, which was what happened to Storm. The suits have somekind of field around them that shields them from being taken over like this.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean looks like she’s wearing nerf armor or something. It’s very ugly!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PyroFN

@ashetdust: @marvelfan1992: Might be just the artist.

I’ve seen fan art of this costume on the Internet that makes it look really good on Jean.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PyroFN

@jhazzroucher: I agree with @poisonfleur. Storm was utilized quite well in this issue. She may not have frozen anyone’s insides or controlled the air in their lungs or caused a large Mach whatever tornado or hurricane, but she wasn’t gonna go anywhere and do anything with Jean there.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The writer have Jean one-shot Storm.

2. The sentinites work on human beings so Storm is still a mutant , not a real goddess.

3. Storm is immune to electrcity but was shown to commit suicide with a bolt of lightning.

4. Storm has indomitable will but it was never shown in this issue.

Terrible writing.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Jean said: "We have a king, a goddess and a gabby".

So wrong. A goddess is higher than a king. So Jean should have said "We have a goddess, a king and a gabby"

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks similar to the movie Xmen costumes

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The writer have Jean one-shot Storm.

2. The sentinites work on human beings so Storm is still a mutant , not a real goddess.

3. Storm is immune to electrcity but was shown to commit suicide with a bolt of lightning.

4. Storm has indomitable will but it was never shown in this issue.

Terrible writing.

1. It's possible for Jean to one shot Storm here.
a. Storm is being controlled by the sentinel, therefore her psychic defenses aren't up as if she were herself.
b. Jean is THE most powerful telepath on the planet. Possibly higher than Emma and Xavier at this point.
2. Mutants are human beings. Storm is only refereed to as a Goddess. It's not literal.
3. Once again, Storm wasn't herself. She didn't even recall she was a mutant. I doubt she remembered she had an immunity to electricity... Think about it.
4. It's hard to have an indomitable will when someone sneaks up on you in your self. While Storm has great defenses against psychics WHEN AWAKE. She was sleeping when Nova not only gave her a suggestion but also used tech on her. Even the best character's guards against psychics and mind control have limits at times. Now if Storm was controlled by Nova when she was awake, I would question it. But give her a break... she was sleeping.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be counting Bloodstorm in this, but 'Storm' is in the three X-Men team books. I'd say her costume in X-Men Red is probably my favourite costume for her (though I don't necessarily like Storm as a character).

Anyhow, as I've eluded, I find it pretty obnoxious how there's a Storm in every team.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PyroFN

@jhazzroucher: 1) So What? There is no evidence that Jean couldn’t under dire circumstances. The only evidence Storm fans use were ones where the two are sparring and Storm taking advantage of Jeans concentration.

This scenario is dire, Jean was already inside Orroro’s head before she even hit the water, and Storm wasn’t given the chance to attack.

2) How is that wrong? We don’t know the extent of Storms abilities in regards to her goddess-hood. In fact, it hasn’t even been mentioned since the Black Panther Issue beyond the title of being called a goddess, something that happened prior to that event. For all we know, Storm’s goddess powers are locked away or are a transformation from within rather than a twenty-four seven deal. Not to mention there is nothing to suggest that gods and goddesses wouldn’t be affected by these sentiniets.

3) Not a Bolt If Lightning, Multiple bolts of lightning, hitting her surroundings. She was producing a storm to take out the nation as well as herself. The overextension and widespread damage is what could have killed her. That didn’t happen due to Gentle taking the hits and X-23 knocking her out.

4) Storm has limits to her will. Storm has to actively resist to make use of her indomitable will. She wasnt aware of her actions, or of the fact that she needed to resist anything to begin with, akin to hypnotic suggestion or drugging someone.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: @jhazzroucher: @outside_85: @pyrofn: well i love storm's costume and it looks way better then jean's "football player with pads" look LOL

no one mentioned that Nova has Forge under her control .........she used forge to make these "sentiniels nanos whatever"

Also forge has a connection with storm(who just join the team) DOES THAT MEAN FORGE WILL JOIN THE TEAM TOO????

Still waiting for Gambit to join

the new costumes were designed by trinary and black panther's scientists to act as a "firewall"

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@jhazzroucher: 1) So What? There is no evidence that Jean couldn’t under dire circumstances. The only evidence Storm fans use were ones where the two are sparring and Storm taking advantage of Jeans concentration.

This scenario is dire, Jean was already inside Orroro’s head before she even hit the water, and Storm wasn’t given the chance to attack.

2) How is that wrong? We don’t know the extent of Storms abilities in regards to her goddess-hood. In fact, it hasn’t even been mentioned since the Black Panther Issue beyond the title of being called a goddess, something that happened prior to that event. For all we know, Storm’s goddess powers are locked away or are a transformation from within rather than a twenty-four seven deal. Not to mention there is nothing to suggest that gods and goddesses wouldn’t be affected by these sentiniets.

3) Not a Bolt If Lightning, Multiple bolts of lightning, hitting her surroundings. She was producing a storm to take out the nation as well as herself. The overextension and widespread damage is what could have killed her. That didn’t happen due to Gentle taking the hits and X-23 knocking her out.

4) Storm has limits to her will. Storm has to actively resist to make use of her indomitable will. She wasnt aware of her actions, or of the fact that she needed to resist anything to begin with, akin to hypnotic suggestion or drugging someone.

Exactly!^ I love Storm, but let's face it, Shadow King took her mind over multiple times. It doesn't make her any less of a character for that. It was good read.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: @jhazzroucher: @outside_85: @pyrofn: well i love storm's costume and it looks way better then jean's "football player with pads" look LOL

no one mentioned that Nova has Forge under her control .........she used forge to make these "sentiniels nanos whatever"

Also forge has a connection with storm(who just join the team) DOES THAT MEAN FORGE WILL JOIN THE TEAM TOO????

Still waiting for Gambit to join

the new costumes were designed by trinary and black panther's scientists to act as a "firewall"

I noticed that^^
But it's odd because Storm and Black Panther kissed in his last issue. And it seems like BP and Storm are trying to work on their relationship...... Ughh.. He has to work for her. Cuz he was problematic when they were married. Don't make me break out scans...
Anywho I adore Forge X Storm, however Forge has his problematic moments too. But he WORKED for Ororo. Unlike BP who out of the blue married her within less than 10 issues together....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Exactly!^ I love Storm, but let's face it, Shadow King took her mind over multiple times. It doesn't make her any less of a character for that. It was good read.

Not to mention... this isn't even telepathy Storm can just go: *WILLPOWER!' and shake it off, it's a tiny machine sitting on her brain making her do things by either shocking it or drilling small holes in it. And as you said, she is unaware she is even doing it.

As for the lightning... yeah it does seem rather stupid, though I am not sure the little machine in her head knows anything about her immunities. And if the blast had struck home and she survived, it would just make her go brain herself on a tree or something. That said, I wouldn't say it's impossible Storm could kill herself with her own powers... I mean her body works just like that of a regular human through electric impulses and such, so if she was to whack herself hard enough with a bolt there could be plenty of damage.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is abetter way to handle the issue. We could have seen them fighting each other first and when Storm hurt Jean, Storm came to her sense and sought for Jean's help to take the sentinite's control out of her. And when Storm said now is the time to get inside her mind, that is the time when Jean manages to get inside Storm's mind and knock her to unconsciousness,

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The eyebrows are too thick and should be white.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her tiara looks different but im ok with it. I love the length of her neck but im not feeling the lip color.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda have to admit I am kinda looking forwards to the day when the black and gold/yellow colors take a back seat.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be counting Bloodstorm in this, but 'Storm' is in the three X-Men team books. I'd say her costume in X-Men Red is probably my favourite costume for her (though I don't necessarily like Storm as a character).

Anyhow, as I've eluded, I find it pretty obnoxious how there's a Storm in every team.

She's only in 3 books that's really not a lot. Look at Wolverine there's two of them on the same team you don't find THAT obnoxious, but having Storm in 3 books are?? Doesn't seem right.

Enigma-Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish it was white. I'm not a fan of Storm's black costumes.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a different color of her costume. Not white, not black. Red please!

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GladeusEx

@mooty_pass said:

She's only in 3 books that's really not a lot. Look at Wolverine there's two of them on the same team you don't find THAT obnoxious, but having Storm in 3 books are?? Doesn't seem right.

Oh, I do find two Wolverine's in one book obnoxious, just as I find Daken's presence, Sabertooth and Old Man Logan's prevalance just another symptom of 'Wolverine is in every team ever'. The title of the discussion was Storm, however., and her being in the prominent higher distributed comics is just something I've noticed.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the costume, but some white or shoulder pads would be a nice touch --Like the costume in her solo. I LOVE the ponytail.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The underside of her cape needs to be red and momma would be SINGING

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers