State of X-Men in this new Marvel world

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just posted this comment in the latest marvel news thing but I felt I wanted to know how the actual X-Fans feel about it.

Firstly,

I am horrified by all of this, I get that there is need for change but what is CLEARLY happening with X-Men (I won't include f4 for a particular reason) is awful for me as a fan.

The X-Men have fundimentally been about people being different to one and other, something that Marvel seems to be championing in recent years. However, their recent treatment of X-Men has been so wrong to me as a person who grew up loving the X-Men comics because of their core values. Right now I am only seeing them be segregated from the rest of the Marvel universe and nobody is commenting on that because they are too busy accepting all the "New" characters that support diversity. The X-Men have done this for years! Their whole resurgence came from making them more international. How can a property that has always been trying to encourage diversity and cohabitation be either moved to its own universe/part of a universe/cease to exist/Become villains and fans not be angered by that.

I know this is a rant but I hope someone at least agrees with me, I don't know how to even change this other than by so far dropping all other marvel books than the x-men ones I collect

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they already said that they are staying part of the main universe and it was just bad wording on their part. i do believe they will be off world though on their own planet or something, id prefer they for their own damn nation but don't take any crap from anyone :( they keep losing their homes. i do agree with you i was very worried at first, but not so much any more. their are so many xtitles in the secret wars and so many mutants in the other titles, they will definitely be sticking around plus i mean the entire secret wars has FF4 players playing important roles. we will find out at the end of secret wars.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They now have the means to get to another planet, since Scott has the power of the Phoenix now.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This whole thing is the reason I have supported cyclops for the last few years - Uncanny X-Men Issue number 32 was the most heart breaking thing I have ever read in all of my 18+ years of comic reading history. When Cyclops detailed just how much they have done for the world, yet still people hate and try to kill them - and how little it all mattered. It was the exact state of the mutants in the current MU (reality wise not in-universe wise).

Every-time Scott told the Avengers off or wouldn't accept his fate it was almost like he was standing up against the tides of inevitability - the Inhumans were taking over and no one was saying anything. The things he was saying in the comic became almost Meta as the X-men were consistently lowered in the public eye.

That is why I love that he is still in Secret Wars - although I don't hold out much for him doing anything ground breaking in it - he is there with all the movie faves, it's almost like through sheer force of will he is fending off the disney dogs from the door! Fox owns the X-men rights and Scott was the only one fighting back for their equality in the face of forced diversity being used as a smokescreen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, I think the planet theory just went out the window. Laura is the new Wolverine, and OML is going to be part of the 616. I think our Logan may be gone for much longer than we originally thought.

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'm going to wait for something more concrete on who is sticking around and what Marvel actually has in store for the X-Men before I rant and rave and complain about something that hasn't happened yet. What we do know:

• Secret Wars isn't a relaunch.
  • Mutants still have a place in the MU, confirmed by Alonso.
  • X-23 is the new Wolverine.
  • Charles Soule confirmed 616 Cyclops survives post Secret Wars and will be used in Uncanny Inhumans in some fashion.

What we don't know:

• Everything else.?

And I say it with a question mark because maybe I am missing something but I do tend to stay on top of things when I can. We don't know exactly what Marvel has in store yet. How about we just wait before getting upset?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to wait for something more concrete on who is sticking around and what Marvel actually has in store for the X-Men before I rant and rave and complain about something that hasn't happened yet. What we do know:

• Secret Wars isn't a relaunch.
  • Mutants still have a place in the MU, confirmed by Alonso.
  • X-23 is the new Wolverine.
  • Charles Soule confirmed 616 Cyclops survives post Secret Wars and will be used in Uncanny Inhumans in some fashion.

What we don't know:

• Everything else.?

Quoted for truth.

I'll be the first to say that the current books are pretty mediocre and whine about creative decisions that I don't think are helping, but I just don't see where the hate/paranoia for the new stuff is coming.

"Oh no! the X-Men aren't going to be apart of the Marvel Universe!" So? Outside of side stories in events they haven't been involved much with anything the rest of the roster was doing for 5-10(15?) years. I don't see evidence or a big deal here.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

My problem with all this is that I believe the more recent X-men stuff has been the best in years. I love All New X-men and Love Uncanny X-men even more. Yet still they don't make the waves that they should be in the main marvel universe.....

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I would wait and see what happens in Secret Wars first before talking about the fate of the X-Men since we don't know what is about to happen to the X-Men yet.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I will admit to being somewhat put off but X-Men and Marvel in general in the last few years. I realize the need to shake things up from time to time but I have notices that the X-Men have been getting a noticeable lack of priority in Marvel in resent years. With 'The Avengers' being billion dollar movie properties I guess its hard for me to not blame Marvel for placing more emphasis on Avenger comics. For a while now Avengers have been cherry picking X-men story lines and characters with a noticeable emphasis being placed on Avengers. I do not like this but again I cannot blame marvel for going that route. This is not to say I no longer read comics but for me the long term superhero comics just are not doing it for me right now. Maybe that will change, I hope so.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Bendis confirmed on his Tumblr that the next head X-Men writer has already been picked.