Scott Summers: Hero

Brokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brokage

This is for everyone out there that has not given up on Cyclops, condemned him for some of the hard choices he's had to make or forget about the sacrifices he's made for mutants, humans and extraterrestrials. Please sound off to Marvels multiverse and let them know we still care about Cyclops and his legacy and that we are tired of the hate and constant character assassination. Cyclops was right!

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops was right!

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hear, hear!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Careful.....they say the last guy who proudly defied Marvel's Cyclops hate was a frequent poster until they got wind of him and shut him up

#FreeKoays

#Rebel

#DownWithDisney

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the villainy, every time he killed it was in self-defense.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By kcomicfan

We don't even know why the X-Men hate him in the ANAD Marvel universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cyclops sanctioned a death squad, endangered children and killed his surrogate father; he's a total bastard.

;)

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops for life.

They also did some more mud slinging in the most recent issue of Extraordinary X-Men. For me, it's now finally gotten annoying.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Cyclops > Disney

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CobraCommander

Cyke is God

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott is my fav and always will be <3

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is a champ!

I feel like the X-men, as a whole, dont hate him, but some are more vocal then others like Beast, Storm, Wolverine. Where are the Cyclops supporters like Angel, Jean Grey, Cannonball?

oh right...

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Cyclops sanctioned a death squad, endangered children and killed his surrogate father; he's a total bastard.

;)

Sounds like Professor X TBQH.

Anyway, Cyclops is awesome, and at this point is the only X-Men I consider a hero. The others seem so focused on navel-gazing, fighting nameless villains-of-the-day/arc, and doing nothing.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops: most boring X-Man of all time is more accurate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Tell me what Cyclops has done in the last three years that does not involve navel-gazing, fighting random villains, and/or doing nothing. The mutant rally in Uncanny #600 seemed important, but it's purpose was entirely unclear, and it's now irrelevant due to Scott's 'horrible' actions during the 8 month gap.

Yes, the condemnation of Cyclops is laughable and unconvincing, but let's not pretend that he's a cut above his peers. None of the X-Men are 'heroes' at this point. The majority of them are sad, jaded vigilantes who've killed, tortured, terrorized, betrayed, defected and whatever nasty verb you can think of. Subsequently, they're much more interesting than other Marvel characters, so let's not cover our ears and pretend they're the same altruistic paragons of the past.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@phoenixofthetides: Tell me what Cyclops has done in the last three years that does not involve navel-gazing, fighting random villains, and/or doing nothing. The mutant rally in Uncanny #600 seemed important, but it's purpose was entirely unclear, and it's now irrelevant due to Scott's 'horrible' actions during the 8 month gap.

Yes, the condemnation of Cyclops is laughable and unconvincing, but let's not pretend that he's a cut above his peers. None of the X-Men are 'heroes' at this point. The majority of them are sad, jaded vigilantes who've killed, tortured, terrorized, betrayed, defected and whatever nasty verb you can think of. Subsequently, they're much more interesting than other Marvel characters, so let's not cover our ears and pretend they're the same altruistic paragons of the past.

I think the problem is that his navel-gazing, fighting randos, and moments of doing nothing at least involved him doing something about a problem confronting his species. The other X-Men spent their time complaining that Scott wasn't in the mansion hanging out with them, or buying into the pity party. He was thinking about big problems, while Storm was getting a haircut, Wolverine was off being a hypocrit, Beast was messing with the timeline, and X-Force was recreated.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mooty_Pass  Online

I think the problem is that his navel-gazing, fighting randos, and moments of doing nothing at least involved him doing something about a problem confronting his species. The other X-Men spent their time complaining that Scott wasn't in the mansion hanging out with them, or buying into the pity party.He was thinking about big problems, while Storm was getting a haircut, Wolverine was off being a hypocrit, Beast was messing with the timeline, and X-Force was recreated.

Well in some things Scott did was questionable at best and some he did was for the best for mutants. Though if you want to talk about the REAL main people that have been complaining and hypocrits and the ones who absolutely did NOTHING for the species WAS Beast and Wolverine. Everything that came out there mouth was negative. As for Storm TOTALLY written out of character,they made her get on the *Bash Scott Band Wagon* right AFTER her marriage was destroyed and Wakanda outlawing her and one of her friends killing the other(Scot-Pro.X). And if anything Storm has done a lot more for mutants than Beast and Wolverine so her just getting a haircut isn't even close LOL. I say after AVX things went out of hand. Marvel just made all the X-men follow the lead of whatever Beat and Wolverine had to say.

Jok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

;)

Oh come on, we've all been there, everybody makes mistakes

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zdub327

Wolverine used to be the most popular X-Men, especially in the mainstream, but for the last few years Cyclops has been just as popular, at least to comic book readers. He's one of the most interesting characters in the entire MCU and Marvel refuses to use him for some reason.

I get that Cyclops is a controversial figure, but I think what some people are failing to realize is that he's not a good guy anymore. He doesn't have to be likable or responsible or a saint. He's an anti-hero, and that means that he can make as many mistakes as he wants.

Love Cyclops or hate him (and I love him), we should all realize that by sidelining such a central character to the X-Men universe, Marvel is trying to sabotage the X-Men. It's not like comic book sales are that lucrative anyway... anything they can do to make Fox's movies sell worse.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Cyclops, he is usually one of my favorite X-Men. I don't consider him a hero, but that is not a bad thing. He don't need to be a hero.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him as a villain.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is still a good guy he just refuses to associate with corrupt heroes and police

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@sprior93 said:

;)

Wolverine was a member of multiple death squads, murdered every single one of his children and killed his surrogate father.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Invain

@jonny_anonymous: Yep. Jason Aaron definitely ruined Wolverine, there is no denying that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I warned you.

Avatar image for deactivated-59953d77c6a44
deactivated-59953d77c6a44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The call him a Douche because he wears shades indoors.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By UHypocrite

In the All New X-Men, older Cyclops was portrayed as a messed up character. In a speech the young Cyclops spoke of him as if he were a villain. I think he's an anti-hero. And died an anti-hero.

Draviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optic Blast!

No Caption Provided

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers