Ressurection Roulette: Cyclops Edition

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok Ladies! Gentlemen!....Storm fans....

Were are once again on the verge of another great X-Men "ressureXtion" (pauses for applause).

So with us getting the first Cyclops story since his return next week, Its time to play Ressurection Roulette and take a bet on how this character made his come back to life!!!

Was it time travel?

Was it the Phoenix?

Did Mr. Sinister Clone him???

Did he just get bored in the afterlife without Jean and Logan to hang with???

Or hell was there just something in the water during Morrisons run that prevents these characters from staying dead!!!

Best answer gets bragging rights, the right answer gets a dollar!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with memories from the O5 version caused him to fake his death.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

TO virus?Kid cable use his TO virus to revive daddy dearest?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: I was going to say that the T.O. virus cant do that....but apparently the T.O. virus can do that and bunch of other really really stupid things that have nothing to do with turning people to metal.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@koays: Given Kid Cables involvement, I'd say there is a 80% chance he was brought back by time travel and/or the Techno Organic Virus, I think there is still a 20% chance that it was the Phoenix, it's unlikely he"d be another clone, or him escaping the afterlife either, then again it could be something unexpected like Doop or Elixir as well although we have no reason to think they are involved, and if he has been alive this entire time, then that wasn't really him in Phoenix Resurrection, just a construct made from everyone's memories...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: Elixir is a big contender for me. But I'm thinking the focus on the Astonishing version and Kid Cable may hint more toward time travel.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays

I got the vibe from the end that hes been alive this whole time, he seemed to be pulling the strings with kid cable and it seemed hinted to me that Teen Jean knew he was alive and there fore so does adult jean now. So the whole Memories make him fake his death is good and I hadnt thought about that, but just to be different Ill say Cable snagged him from the moment before his death, healed him some how and jumped forward to the moment we needed to put him back because the time line needed him again!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Hmm what makes you think Jeen knew?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@mcklayn: Hmm what makes you think Jeen knew?

Well Im assuming that Cyclops has been alive for longer than we know, and that Teen Cable knew before he ever engaged and killed his older self. In that case when he opened his mind to teen jean she would of known, to top that all off when they were preparing to seal their memories away she whispers in cyclops ear something about cable was just a kind who missed his father.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McKlayn
No Caption Provided

This panel particular, I also always assumed that was one of the reasons she so willingly helped teen cable was he knew he was trying to save cyclops as much as everyone else

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: You make an interesting point. Although, I do think he did die for real else Emma and Havok wouldn't be having their discussion over his body. Emma would have known if he faked his death, she was there and she knows him inside out.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Koays

@mcklayn: @jeannieh: If time Travel was involved then who knows what Emma knows. No matter how we look at it Cyke meeting Kid Cable has to involve time shenanigans. Which would trump TP.

OH SPIT what if it was Tempus.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McKlayn

@jeannieh: @koays: the thing about this story line is we cant assume that anything that happened in the books, stayed in tact. As far as we know his memories returned a bit sooner (thanks to jeen maybe?) then the entire plan to fake involved Emma, if hes memories returned he would of know what had to happen for the time line to stay in tact

tempus is interesting i liked up until well i didnt anymore, a bendis baby that he made a real mary sue

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: As far as I can tell though the current writing team think Lemire and Soules Era was the dark ages, but idk for sure what the feeling is on Bendis.

But think about how Tempus basically showed up, did nothing and then rewrote history before beefing with Cyclops and telling him that next time she wouldnt save him. What if she didn't like what she saw and saved him anyway. It would explain how he met up with Kid Cable, since technically he should still be fighting Stryfe and Apocalypse in the Askani time at this point in his life.

And it would explain the previews where hes just sorta bumming it. HMMM.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: well Lemire and Soule may of been the dark ages <.< Bendis despite all his faults (and the fact he started this 05 mess) wasnt the worst he was just slow as crap and never seemed to pay off all his hype, but the whole revolution and even the march to end it wasn't as bad as you know Decimation Volume 2, the Fanfic version.

Honestly using tempus as an excuse wouldn't bother me to bad but Id prefer if we didn't retread useless characters <.< just me though

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Lol I love that the fandom still has this personal beef with Bendis, where its like even though we know hes not the worst were still mad at him enough to throw a shot at him.

I'd rather they use more.of the classic lineup as well. I love that Moonstar is on this new Cyke team and that means more for me and there history then Tempus ever did.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@mcklayn: Lol I love that the fandom still has this personal beef with Bendis, where its like even though we know hes not the worst were still mad at him enough to throw a shot at him.

I'd rather they use more.of the classic lineup as well. I love that Moonstar is on this new Cyke team and that means more for me and there history then Tempus ever did.

Yea tempus is like that chick from the recent Red Run, the technopath, just very gimmicky feeling like a writer had a character they wanted and boom there you go, seems every writer has one they want to add now a days and they never seem to stick, I want to see Scott and Warren together again. Warren in control similar to when he was in X men gold (you know blue all the time none of this stupid shape shifting stuff hes not the freaking hulk <.<) His willingness to follow scott and be with X force and then he pretty much got mentally erased before the whole schism so I always thought he would of stayed with scott, and just a good Archangel story for once (you know the last time we had one was well when apoc ripped his wings off prolly <.<)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Then i guess you’re one of the few that isn’t a fan of Remenders X-Force run. You’re a very rare breed. I need to read that run.

I rather like Trinary. I suppose it might be a combination of her abilities and the fact that she was a more important component to her team than Tempus was to Scott’s. The only memorable thing I can recall from Tempus aside from her first appearance is when she left. Lol!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Lmao...she got two annuals.... they accomplished nothing and were hard to even read. But they happened.

"All I remember is when she showed up and when she left"

That's hilarious because i was thinking of Bendis' run recently and I remembered when Dazzler showed up.and then completely forgot she actually joined the team and then didn't even get to do one thing in the series.

I dont have a problem with Trinary, but we couldve had Omega Sentinel, Danger, or even Dust join the team in her place and have more connection to the characters, plot or story. No hate towards her just shes clearly been made for the purpose of that story and Taylor enjoyed writing her more then developing her.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What I wish....

Either Elixir resurrected Scott and he's been running secret missions all this time.

or

It's revealed that Cyclops just went into a dormant type of stasis or whatever and just needed to recharge since he's an energy user.

Most likely what happened though has to do with time travel and kid Cable. And might I add it's just stupid

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick Fury whispering to Scott's body: Gorr was right.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing Cable took his old body, somehow supplanted his old thoughts and dialed back the Terrigan, then gave him his modern costume.

Regardless though, it'll be the biggest cop out that will never be tried again.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok Ladies! Gentlemen!....Storm fans....

?

Well yeah, "it's not really him" is a possibility too. We shouldn't undermine the creativity of Marvel's finest I mean! :)))

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

What I wish....

Either Elixir resurrected Scott and he's been running secret missions all this time.

I have been assuming Elixir and Exodus have been sneaking around the world on a road trip, resurrecting Mutants, I assume this every time a Mutant appears and someone says I thought this person was dead, (Like when both Icemen were fighting original Pyro), I like to think there is some master plan that will end with Elixir reviving the dead of Genosha...

It's revealed that Cyclops just went into a dormant type of stasis or whatever and just needed to recharge since he's an energy user.

Most likely what happened though has to do with time travel and kid Cable. And might I add it's just stupid

You mean like Superman's Kryptonian Hyper Sleep? like a Cylopian Hyper Sleep???

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@red_paladin_: Elixir is a big contender for me. But I'm thinking the focus on the Astonishing version and Kid Cable may hint more toward time travel.

Yup I reckon the odds of it being Kid Cable shenanigans is about 80%...

Still I like to think Elixir and Exodus have been doing a revival tour... ;)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: yeah I agree and if it does result in Elixir bringing back the Genoshans...I'd be all for that because if done right there could be some great stories to come from that. I've posted it before but Claremont had an idea for a story called 16 million followed by Kill Charlie. Getting back to this could be profound.

Sure a hyper sleep stasis type thing could be fine. Especially if he kind of reboots and gets bit of an upgrade as far as being an energy user

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @red_paladin_: @hawk2916: I like Hyper Sleep, and I just assumed Exodus and Exilir was the starts of Magnetos new brother hood we will see eventually but maybe also Koays you wondered what he new writing staff thought of bendis creations, well I think they answered your question

No Caption Provided

Got Eva bell in the bottom left as well as Gold Balls and Triage near the top, my favorite bendis creation is left out prolly in favor of Trinary (i liked hijack damn it!) honeslty though Bendis X men werent bad, esp in comparison to Nature Girl and Eye boy or whatever lol, Triage, Eva bell (before she went mary sue) and Hijack I Liked, didnt hate Gold balls as bad as others just another projectile user so whatever also Benjamin was interesting but really my least favorite his power was a bit too odd for me lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hmmm...

Somebody went to his grave took out Cyclops body and gave a cure.

That somebody may be Kid Cable.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By McKlayn

@koays said:

@mcklayn:

"Koaysneto Was Right"

no bro, like i have been very supportive but lets not do the whole Koaysneto thing, thats just bad. Maybe McKlops

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What we need is some simplifying... Either use what's there with Elixir resurrecting Scott or have it like the hyper sleep some described, but no time travel or Phoenix shenanigans.

As far as the Bendis creations and the Xmen characters Jean is calling.....huh....well I've been saying for a while that we need a culling. So having Jean basically call them to their death might not be a bad thing. How would Kitty and Jean handle the guilt? Might be worth exploring. If this is supposed to be so much danger and such a tough, powerful scary uncontrollable nightmare siutation that the Xmen are facing then make it legendary. Make it so that casualty list is pretty large. I realize we can't really kill off the main icons, that was already a dumb move and mistake, though I'd definitely be willing to kill Beast and Iceman. But wiping out a whole generation of students just about possibly leaving only Armor, Rockslide, Pixie, Surge and the Cuckoo's sets up a nice continuation of a theme that's been brought up multiple times during this storyline and that's the students/kids and how the Xmen's way of operating endangers them. Would they be better off on their own starting up their own thing? Should they go follow Emma and bring back the Hellions concept? Something big should happen but now that Marvel is starting to give some attention to the Xmen instead of actively trying to wipe them out, the franchise shouldn't repeat the same mistakes from before when they had the focus and just started going overboard with mutant creations. Simplify and streamline.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Honestly I have a huge problem with the purge idea, and it's really only because we've been there already.

I mean we've been through the Decimation (really good), Schism and IvX (really really bad) back to back with so much "back against the wall, all hope is lost, mutants never get a happy ending" storytelling that I honestly don't want any of the characters to really be held back by grieving the selfless sacrifice of the tragic hero Goldballs.

Alot of those characters are definitely superfluous, and with so many A-B-C list X-Men coming back to the fold I'm sure nobody gives two craps about Sharkgirl and Healboy (the kid with the stick next to goldballs who i can't give half a crap about remembering). But I really am enjoying the more positive storytelling were getting where the X-Men actually look like their winning.

As for the New X-Men (which is what i'm just gonna start calling kids from the Academy X Era), I don't really want them just switching sides to go do the same thing under someone else. In my opinion they need to show some growth and step into some of these rolls that they've supposedly been training for at least 5 years in universe.

Having recently reread X-Men: The End (because i often find myself too happy and need a reason to be depressed) I wouldn't mind as you've mentioned before seeing the kids be given the reigns of X-Corporation. I mean they've mostly been used as rescue forces anyway but it would giver a HUGE feel of progress to the entire franchise if now that mutants aren't facing extinction, and the X-Men aren't infighting, that the entire team is aiming to expand back to their height of effectiveness with mutant outreach centers around the world staffed by veteran X-Men and former students.

I can go the entire rest of my life without ever seeing Maggot again. But I think it would be great if after this event and all the X-Men getting free of the warp they just used these numbers to become a X-Men Unlimited type of group. That way it wouldnt always feel so random when you get a brand new X-Factor/Force/Statix because they could've all just came together as a result of the being assigned to X-Factor Australia.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll just add my 2 cents and agree that most likely it’s Kid Cable time travel related. The older style outfit Cyclops was wearing might be a clue.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: There are so many useless and garbage characters that there does need to be a purge. A happy ending is fine but there can still be a purge. Have some psychic like Jean or Psylocke wipe everyone's memory of those who are gone or whatever but there are just too many stupid creations out there.We just need simplifying and even if that turns out to be some cure that rids certain mutants of the X-gene making them baseline humans and having a normal appearance, but never to be heard from again...I'd be fine with that as well. But seeing as how death means nothing in Xmen I could argue that they always have a happy ending because nothing ever sticks. Plus you can't tell me you don't just laugh at the foolishness of these ridiculous concepts and creations so if it makes you laugh even if just to keep from crying in frustration = happy ending?

Actually I've mentioned in another thread what I want for Emma and her Hellions. But I will agree that the New Xmen going out on their own or starting up X-corporation works. In fact the time is perfect for it. Mutants no longer on the brink of extinction because the X-gene still manifests. Armor leading her own squad and being willing to step up. They can't be students forever. I mean I could absolutely get behind Dust trying to locate her mother and also helping out other mutants in the middle East. Hellion finding his parents, Surge helping her brother, Blindfold seeing the future and giving out missions based on that sort of like Destiny's Diaries but another or continued volume via Blindfold. Or Mercury or the stuff with X23. I'd love to see that and like I said the time is perfect for it but I would add please no Sharkgirls, Eyeboy, Glob, Goldballs, Nature Girl, Quentin Quire or another Bendis and Aaron creations. And no goddamn Gabby either

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Honestly I'm just tired of the "Look how many we've lost" stories for the X-Men. It's over. It's done. We never have to see Eyeboy or Kid Gladiator again after this. But I'm all tragedied out. If they had killed them with the Decimation, or the T-Mist, or even if they had them accepting the latest cure in Uncanny I'd be ok with that too. But how we specifically go about getting the riff raff out of the franchise is VERY important to actually getting back to fresher storytelling. At this point we've had as many books about edgey X-Teams tired of the status quo as we've had loser mutants who's mutant power is being unlikable. And I just think that for today, X-Men United is the way to go and if it means the loser mutants get to continue on as background fodder we never focus on then so be it. I just feel that nothing good can possibly happen storywise to the X-Men we actually like, if they have the deaths of the fodder guys on their shoulder.

My feeling is that after this event, they could have Jean and Kitty sit down with Armor and X-23 an just ask them to take the lead on expanding the Xavier Institute with minimal supervision. A big thing that hasnt been touched on much is that since the relaunch Kitty renamed the school the Xavier Institute for mutant outreach. And aside from a some political speeches and a Mutant Pride parade...they havent done anything to really help the mutant community. And definetly nothing on a global scale.

Let's embrace that name and have them just send the graduates ...New Mutants, Gen X, New X-Men....all of them send them global. Then we can get stories about all of these characters while finally feeling that theyve grown beyond X-Men intraining.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I'm just saying you have to get rid of the bs. Sure people want happy go lucky stories but as long as the riff Raff exist it's still a problem. Get rid of them anyway possible...I say the cure is good enough we just don't need them in the books anymore.

The New Xmen going out on their own and starting up X-corporation with or without the Xmen's blessing is fine and not really a sticking point for me. Just get them out of limbo and away from being background to the stupid creations

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,

Who's ready to collect their winnings?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shit i got to read! did we have a winner here? Tell me that lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I dont think so. It's a little of a few of them though

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I did say Kid Cable and time travel. So yeah an alternate reality character, time travel and the Phoenix oh and a cheap death and quick resurrection.....things just never change do they

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Think I did say Kid Cable and time travel. So yeah an alternate reality character, time travel and the Phoenix oh and a cheap death and quick resurrection.....things just never change do they

wow all rolled into one eh?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PyroFN

@red_paladin_: Alright. Everybody pay their respect points at Paladin. 80% Kid Cable Shenanigans and 20% Phoenix Resurrection. As predicted. Here’s my 20 respect points and I doubt anyone cares, but #Redwasright.

@gladeusex: Half-right. And hey, at least they kept his continuity and didn’t change his actions via retcon.

@mrnihal: Half-right. His TO Virus was no help and Kid Cable is slightly obsessed.

“You will build a machine to bring Cyclops back. By the way, I cut off all forms of communication and have you at fun point (lol, I meant gun point, but I’m gonna keep it at fun point. Makes it seem more childish) and can telekinetically use any of the objects to kill you while having the ability to escape unnoticed and at 100 ways to kill you, not including what I can do to torture you. So, you gonna do it?”

“Dad, You will stay here for an indeterminate amount of time. When will I let you leave? Until I know when you’re good and ready. Until then, I have some stuff to prepare for our Dad-Son bonding time.”

“I HAD TO BRING YOU BACK. YOURE THE LIGHT SHINES UPON M- I MEAN THE X-MENS HOPES AND DREAMS!!!”

“Okay, I can get you back to your friends. But before that, I can also give you behind screen number two, saving the guy you saved all those years ago. Yes, I know about that. It will tell me if you’re the real deal or the faker...”*leaves to save the married man* “(squeeeeaal, then whispers as Scott leaves) I knew it was you.”

@koays: Good thread and good comic issue. Things have been good.

@ashetdust: Half -correct.

@jhazzroucher: Well, Kid Cable did go to his grave.7.75 percent respect?

@hawk2916: At least the way it was done was creative in detail?.....does that mean you don’t want half of the respect points? I’m totally fine with disrespecting you if you don’t. :P

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Technically it did have something to do with Energy....so theres that too.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@red_paladin_: Alright. Everybody pay their respect points at Paladin. 80% Kid Cable Shenanigans and 20% Phoenix Resurrection. As predicted. Here’s my 20 respect points and I doubt anyone cares, but #Redwasright.

Thank you, most kindly, (stows 20 respect points carefully away for safe keeping) and hey my first Hashtag... :)

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@red_paladin_: grats, 25 pts from me!

Very much appreciated... :) (Slips additional 25RP from McKlayn safely in secure pocket)

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

“You will build a machine to bring Cyclops back. By the way, I cut off all forms of communication and have you at fun point (lol, I meant gun point, but I’m gonna keep it at fun point. Makes it seem more childish) and can telekinetically use any of the objects to kill you while having the ability to escape unnoticed and at 100 ways to kill you, not including what I can do to torture you. So, you gonna do it?”

“Dad, You will stay here for an indeterminate amount of time. When will I let you leave? Until I know when you’re good and ready. Until then, I have some stuff to prepare for our Dad-Son bonding time.”

“I HAD TO BRING YOU BACK. YOURE THE LIGHT SHINES UPON M- I MEAN THE X-MENS HOPES AND DREAMS!!!”

“Okay, I can get you back to your friends. But before that, I can also give you behind screen number two, saving the guy you saved all those years ago. Yes, I know about that. It will tell me if you’re the real deal or the faker...”*leaves to save the married man* “(squeeeeaal, then whispers as Scott leaves) I knew it was you.”

Wait...am I the only one thinking that Kid Cable had psychically lured past Scott to that university to save that guy, so that he would owe him a favor in the future...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_paladin_: No. But this has made questions of Kid Cable and his being desperate to set things "right" even more questionable.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Indeed. In this issue, Kid Cable has been coming off in a very Bishop way. Obsessed about setting things correctly.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yea I dont know how closely they'll follow up on this, but his insisting to both Scott and Jean that he's their son (he is, but look how he shouts at them when they call him out on killing Cable), his casualness about killing himself, the hair trigger angry response at Scott not being buried right, even him going after Rachel. It's all made him a must follow for me.