Rate this X-Lady moment (3)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

For a while now, I have been finding out what are the best X-Ladies moments. In the past I created other threads, sharing my favourite X-ladies moments and asking you guys what your favourite X-ladies moments are.

Now I feel time to rate those moments to find out, what are the most popular. I intend to share all those moments and the moments others people share too. So we can rate them.

Now it's time rate Storm & Cyclops moment. This moment is from the 80's. I'm sure a lot of X-Men fans are familiar with this moment.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is Storm challenging Cyclops for leadership of the X-Men and winning.

Please Rate this moment out of 10. Any number between 1 & 10. 10 being highest number etc.

You can share your thoughts as well.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@time1: but i think cyclops can functioned without his visor........back then he was still in "training" .........then maddie said she may have influence the match to make scott lose so he would be with her and the baby i give it a 7.5 out of 10

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Invain

Storm beat him a little easy. The revelation in Inferno made this moment make more sense. It did still start Storm's best run as leader. I'd give it a seven or eight.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll go with 8. I excuse this by assuming Scott underestimated her, and his environment. He's learned a bit since then, I think. Or did. Cuz he'd dead now. Dead, dead, dead.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an iconic moment for sure, but Storm beat him far too easily. This was one of those instances where Claremont went too far in trying so show a female character as being powerful or capable and eventually gave rise to the term Claremazon.

I give it a 7.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PyroFN

@ashetdust: That and also in line with the fact he was trying to go for his original plan of all X-Men leaving for the next generation. He was rather bold in his decision making back then.

I give this a 7. I'd give it a lower score if I went for my indifference, but it is objectively not a bad moment and rating it so low would've insinuated there were things wrong with it. The only real bummer about this is that Scott gave up so easily.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Invain

In Inferno it was revealed that the reason Cyke lost so easily was because Madelyn Pryor was able to influence the outcome.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott is clearly pulling punches here, and Storm does a lot of risky stuff with complete success. It's hardly representative of either character, and I don't find the combat itself or the thoughts behind it compelling. 3.5/10 from me.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShepardOakenPrime

This was a great moment for Storm, she proved she wasn't a liability to the team and was worthy as the leader even without her powers. 9.5/10

Also remember guys the environment was set in her favour, Scott set his optic blast on low power and his mind wasn't in the game, with that context it makes sense why she won easily.

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

It's an iconic moment for sure, but Storm beat him far too easily. This was one of those instances where Claremont went too far in trying so show a female character as being powerful or capable and eventually gave rise to the term Claremazon.

I give it a 7.

Storm was his baby, and if you read his writing you can tell pretty easy lol but yea its still a good moment ill even give it an 8

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid 9 for me. It was a critical moment in X-Men/Marvel history imho. It also proved that Storm shouldn't have been underestimated and Scott should have been fully focused for a shot to win.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers