Quicksilver in the X-Men movies

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anybody not like this Avengers charecter taking screen time away from X-Men in X-Men movies?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's to be mad about ? He has some of the best scenes in the movies

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it odd to see him standing next to the iconic X-Men of Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Nightcrawler at the end.

He has some great scenes but I don't think he should be an X-Man.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lol, now it's "Too much Quicksilver." Smh.

QS is awesome. I'd love to see a QS solo movie.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well being the son of magneto...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Nope. I wanted more QS and I got it. He is the best part of the movies.

Better than bad Russian accent QS in Age of Ultron.

imfxlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't really liked his scenes in Apocalypse. But his scene in DOFP made him a fan favorite, so I totally get the decision to make him a member of the X-team.

I'm not mad. Like, at all.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

One of the best characters in the franchise currently. He was originally an X-character, anyway.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is not someome I think of when I think about charecters I want to see in X-Men movies, but his scenes are cool so it's whatever.

Cylcoverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like this rendition of Quicksilver.

OldOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was cool in DoFP but they should of just left him with the cameo. The only reason they used him to begin with was because Fox learned that Disney was going to use him in Age of Ultron. Originally Juggernaut was supposed to bust Magneto out of prison.

I don't dislike him but I would of rather seen his screen time given to Angel, Storm, and Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's cool.

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very cool indeed, but isn't he faster on screen than in the comics, I mean some of that stuff he did saving all the students in a split second, was out of a Flash comic.....but overall, he is great...a very cool and powerful character.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this since Apocalypse was released on digital today. Maybe more people will of seen it and want to talk about it.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got no issue with it. It's also nice to see him in a state where he's still got some concerns with his father but he isn't super angsty about it. I'd like to see more of him, but they're gonna have to give him some more weaknesses in these movies. At the moment the only mutants that can beat him are telepaths and maybe telekinetics.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Quicksilver has been in more X-Men media then Avengers...

Aside from the mainline comics hes almost as relevant to the franchise as Mystique.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fox's Quicksilver is the only version of the character I like.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Quicksilver is still awesome.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Me too.

As an unpopular X-Men opinion: This Quicksilver has made him more interesting than the AoU and comic book counterparts ever would.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Aside from the mainline comics hes almost as relevant to the franchise as Mystique.

Maybe that is because X-Men have existed in other forms of media and until recently the Avengers did not. Before the movies started the Avengers had 0 cartoons and maybe 1 or 2 games from the SNES era. The games were not even called Avengers, they were called "Marvel Super Heroes" and also featured Wolverine and Spider-Man.

Mystique has always been a recurring villain. Quicksilver would only have cameos. I think he might of been a recurring charecter in X-Men Evolution though. Even if he was as relevant as Mystique. The popular opinion seems to be that making Mystique a main character in the movies was a misstep. I would like to see the movies star the same charecters from the comics or even the cartoons. Quicksilver is alright in a lesser role but I don't understand why X-Men fans would want to see this guy become the star of the movies.

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Me too.

As an unpopular X-Men opinion: This Quicksilver has made him more interesting than the AoU and comic book counterparts ever would.

Thats true. The only thing about Quicksilver that was interesting in comics was his relationship with his dad and i always thought comic Quicksilver was unlikable.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Maybe that is because X-Men have existed in other forms of media and until recently the Avengers did not. Before the movies started the Avengers had 0 cartoons and maybe 1 or 2 games from the SNES era. The games were not even called Avengers, they were called "Marvel Super Heroes" and also featured Wolverine and Spider-Man.

Mystique has always been a recurring villain. Quicksilver would only have cameos. I think he might of been a recurring charecter in X-Men Evolution though. Even if he was as relevant as Mystique. The popular opinion seems to be that making Mystique a main character in the movies was a misstep. I would like to see the movies star the same charecters from the comics or even the cartoons. Quicksilver is alright in a lesser role but I don't understand why X-Men fans would want to see this guy become the star of the movies.

Technically they had 1 cartoon, and a Ironman cartoon season that was basically the Avengers as his sidekicks.

But lets be honest. 2/3 of the Cartoons focused heavily on his interactions with early versions of the X-Men teams and his connection to Magneto. Something which is present but unfleshed out within early X-Men.

Moreso then that, the idea of the "Brotherhood of Evil mutants" is so functionally basic as an enemy team for the good guys of the franchise to face that his role as a leader or lietenant of the group (or more accurately the idea that he would be this because of his relationship) is synonymous with the character.

Even some of his modern characterization is seemingly feuled by the idea that he has this relationship with Magneto that complicates and motivates his actions as a villain and hero.

The fact is hes in a very interesting place in comics as his adventures as an Avenger are virtually unknown and irrelevant when placed against his relationship with Magneto and the X-Men and what THAT means in the Marvel world.....even if it ultimately doesnt amount to much.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rumor has it that Evan Peters will not be returning in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rumor has it that Evan Peters will not be returning in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

What? Lame. I was hoping for this whole team dynamic and chemistry finally explored:

No Caption Provided

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: It's confirmed that he's coming back.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: He has been confirmed now. I don't like him tho. The made him too powerful, which makes him a distraction from the rest of the team. Hopefully they will put him with Magneto or something.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adamTRMM

@howlingwolves: @DevilMayehm666:

Good!

The made him too powerful, which makes him a distraction from the rest of the team.

They are all pretty powerful, it will depend on the story if he'll fit in imo.

Hopefully they will put him with Magneto or something.

I hope their interaction is worth the wait!

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing Quicksilver just being with Mags. The dynamic with Magneto is easily the most interesting thing about him.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PyroFN

@adamtrmm: Same. I get Bobby vibes from him that I don't get from the real Bobby in the X-movies.

Edit: And I just saw the other posts confirming him. Crap.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyroFN

@howlingwolves: to be fair, the next villain will be Dark Phoenix and most likely the Shiar. I have a feeling he will meet his match in this next movie. Hopefully.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: It seems that the main antagonist will be the Shi'ar and the film will be based on the final stage of Dark Phoenix. So Jean probably at best fight her evil side off.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fox's Quicksilder is way too overpowered in the film franchise. As cool as the scenes were, the X-Mansion scene in XMA was ridiculous. They should at least show some consequence to going that fast in such a short period of time. And if ever time his show of power escalates with each film, i shudder to think what they will have him do in XMDP. Maybe reverse time by making the world spin backwards??? ;p
Also, he needs to be snarkier. Like, A LOT snarkier.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

You mean Berto? Well, it's not like he had any lines until now from the brief "cast to be massacred" role he had in DoFP lolz

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: His real name is Berto? Learn something new everyday. It was very brief, but he did quite the impression despite the few lines, which says a lot.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

Quicksilver's name is Pietro/Peter (comics/movie) :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I know I'm just playing. I suspect autocorrect came to visit.

Needless to say, the second part still stands.