#2 Posted by Koays (11494 posts) - - Show Bio

This was fun. I wonder where there going with the Anole and Bling angle...

I'm gonna enjoy reading this one. Plus Surge was on the cover....lets bring her back

God it's a great time to be an X-Fan

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (17735 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do all the modern "X-Kids" either act like snobby rich kids or retards?? And why is Shark Girl making fun of someone named "Forearm"?? Her name is is Shark Girl.

#4 Posted by del_torro (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the outrage an meltdown on CBR because a gay guy (anole) is being shipped with a lesbian girl (Bling) in a world where sex is a crime

#5 Posted by PyroFN (6423 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this is the very first time that I actually like Blob as a character. I also like the angle they are going for here, no matter how ridiculous it is. The nerd that everyone picks on is something I can believe about Glob. He probably could take on some of his peers, but Glob is to passive to actually do anything.

Also, the X-Hens.

#6 Posted by McKlayn (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

This was fun. I wonder where there going with the Anole and Bling angle...

I'm gonna enjoy reading this one. Plus Surge was on the cover....lets bring her back

God it's a great time to be an X-Fan

yes it is, I also want to put out that I actually enjoyed marvelous X men <.< idk if im just broken or just happy that Uncanny was so good that Id take anything they wantted to put with it lol

#7 Posted by Koays (11494 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Lol no, it was actually another solid issue. This entire Experience is so foreign to me....being happy with the X-books. Wtf?

#8 Posted by McKlayn (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@mcklayn: Lol no, it was actually another solid issue. This entire Experience is so foreign to me....being happy with the X-books. Wtf?

ok good i thought i might of been sick, caught that "avengers" virus that has been spreading around <.<

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#9 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9384 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @mcklayn: we already know glob is going to kill Armor..........hes going to show her the truth using his new "telepathy touch" thing just like when "diamond patch" had to stab a person to read there thoughts LOL wash/dry/repeat

glop doing bad on tests, breaks my heart :'(

7/10 hopefully it gets better

well u all wanted a "new x-men vol 2 kids" to get there own book, here it is.....hope its everything u wanted hahahahahahah ha ha

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9384 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by PyroFN (6423 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't a bad issue. Actually had some real interesting perspectives on the student aspects. How they manage to keep teens in line beyond having to mind-wipe them all is beyond me. Seriously, their hormonal teens.

#12 Posted by HAWK2916 (4875 posts) - - Show Bio

A book with Glob as the star...no thank you. I hope they kill him off for good along with Sharkgirl. Get the real X-students back and feature them and not these overly silly versions

#13 Edited by Koays (11494 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao @Mcklayn seriously I'm uncomfortable with being pleased with this.

I hate to admit it....but this was freaking great.

Glob shines through, despite my best efforts. I cant believe it but there going to make Glob Herman a thing.

This world also got ALOT more interesting. It's almost as though the entire thing is the aftermath of a Dark Messiah storyline mixed with the idea of X-Man inserting himself into the history of the X-Men from the beginning.

I'm actually shocked that this came out so well.

Dear lord it's great to be an X-Fan in 2019.

#14 Posted by HAWK2916 (4875 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: My how your standards have dropped lol

#15 Posted by Koays (11494 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: Lol look i dont want to like Glob. I REALLY don't want to like Glob. I'm so angry that they've teased Surge in every issue since Jean called for back up and even on this cover without giving her lines that im broken.....but, I gotta give it to them, they spent an entire issue setting up and giving us information on this worlds backstory and functions and then slipped Glob in while no one was watching at the end.

idk...i wanna resist it, but they hit me with the majority of the Academy X cast, Armor and a Hope Summers turned the world into mutants plot.....i swear it's like they read these forums and plan from it.

#16 Posted by McKlayn (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@hawk2916: Lol look i dont want to like Glob. I REALLY don't want to like Glob. I'm so angry that they've teased Surge in every issue since Jean called for back up and even on this cover without giving her lines that im broken.....but, I gotta give it to them, they spent an entire issue setting up and giving us information on this worlds backstory and functions and then slipped Glob in while no one was watching at the end.

idk...i wanna resist it, but they hit me with the majority of the Academy X cast, Armor and a Hope Summers turned the world into mutants plot.....i swear it's like they read these forums and plan from it.

dude your totally right, I freaking read this issue TWICE i havent read an issue twice since who knows (uncanny 11 when Scott came back but before that it had been a while <.<) The Age of X man is such a total flip from the Age of Apoc and you always by glancing at it want to laugh it off as boring and a big cash grab but it feels more like its own story than I originally thought.

Hope, Logan and Cyclops for sure did some dark messiah shit, and X man is in the statue of the original X men? He replaced beast? And beast just so happens to be a Prisoner X right? Hmm

And Glob Knows! he wrote a freaking fan fic of Uncanny 1-10 lol and that is awesome, I don't know why and Im trying so HARD NOT TO, but man every thing they have put out has me loving this new creative team.

I have said since Bunn took over the 05 that these guys were slowly trying to set things back to a normal status we could all love, I WOULD of never thought it would come with an Age of X man and Glob herman, and when i seen the promo with Blob and a freaking mustache I was as skeptical as anyone but DANG it, I love it so far the entire even is getting like a 8 / 10 (and that counts all the slow uncanny (ALMOST BENDIS SLOW) which i didn't mind too much cause they came out EVERY week so it didnt seem to drag)

#17 Posted by Koays (11494 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:
@koays said:

dude your totally right, I freaking read this issue TWICE i havent read an issue twice since who knows (uncanny 11 when Scott came back but before that it had been a while <.<) The Age of X man is such a total flip from the Age of Apoc and you always by glancing at it want to laugh it off as boring and a big cash grab but it feels more like its own story than I originally thought.

Hope, Logan and Cyclops for sure did some dark messiah shit, and X man is in the statue of the original X men? He replaced beast? And beast just so happens to be a Prisoner X right? Hmm

And Glob Knows! he wrote a freaking fan fic of Uncanny 1-10 lol and that is awesome, I don't know why and Im trying so HARD NOT TO, but man every thing they have put out has me loving this new creative team.

I have said since Bunn took over the 05 that these guys were slowly trying to set things back to a normal status we could all love, I WOULD of never thought it would come with an Age of X man and Glob herman, and when i seen the promo with Blob and a freaking mustache I was as skeptical as anyone but DANG it, I love it so far the entire even is getting like a 8 / 10 (and that counts all the slow uncanny (ALMOST BENDIS SLOW) which i didn't mind too much cause they came out EVERY week so it didnt seem to drag)

I KNOW RIGHT!!

Lol trust me. I get that their not gonna always pander to my base...but this almost makes up for 7 years of ignoring what we wanted in favor of "this plot could have potential but were not invested" stories.

But seriously. I hate it when the X-Men go to ALT Universes because it usually over complicates things during the event and after.....THIS. This has illeviated my feelings about them screwing up during.

The fact that it's freaking Hope that X-Man's fantasy world has made a messiah, considering Nate's brief connection with her, his last appearance being in the post Hope Utopia era, and the fact that he is a alt Cable.....that interesting on alot of levels but it's not even relevant since were hit with the more obvious WTF of Nate being in all the OG X-Men pictures.

They worked pretty hard on this and i want to see it play out

#18 Edited by McKlayn (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: dude just honestly I was so excited about Cyclops coming back and the 95 going away then they tossed out these spoilers and the covers and I really started to doubt things again but yea this is good. Its well written, it pulls at just enough strings to be interesting, and anything you may not like (IE Jean / bishop which btw i dont really hate) you know prolly will not stick.

And Apoc pushing for free love LOL

#19 Posted by HAWK2916 (4875 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: @koays: Have it at then. To each his own. Like I said standards are very much lowered at this point

#20 Posted by McKlayn (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@mcklayn: @koays: Have it at then. To each his own. Like I said standards are very much lowered at this point

other than roster, what is your major grip with these books?

#21 Posted by AsheTDust (1878 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing I like best about this title is the title.

They should reuse it for a new team book back in the 616 prime universe.

#22 Posted by HAWK2916 (4875 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: The premise of course...yet another alternate reality. I don't think the execution is good and the dialogue is also lacking. The roster is a big issue too