Powers of X#1: The mystery of Moira (Spoilers)

• 52 results
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays  Online
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheInsufferable

Each HoX and PoX issue has two cryptic messages in the last two pages written in the supposed "Krakoan" language. Each of those two is a quote from the next HoX and PoX issue. HoX 1 has a quote about PoX 1 and one for HoX 2. PoX 1 has a quote from PoX 2, and the same HoX 2 quote. The PoX 1 quote from HoX 1 reads "It's not a dream if it's real." which was something we saw in PoX 1. The HoX 2 message reads "the curious case of Moira X." The PoX 2 message reads "Hello, old friend."

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I guess HoX 2 is gonna deal with Moira or at least mention her. Also, the most important scene in the history of X-Men is basically a retcon?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koays  Online

So, I guess HoX 2 is gonna deal with Moira or at least mention her. Also, the most important scene in the history of X-Men is basically a retcon?

Idk....i'm still going with the idea that it's Rasputin.....with me now adding in the possibility that it's X from the future.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays said:
@theinsufferable said:

Idk....i'm still going with the idea that it's Rasputin.....with me now adding in the possibility that it's X from the future.

I just read this and Moira has to for sure be time traveling right? Even if its not moira, or maybe moira has ALWAYS been from the future and it was a secret idk

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not sure whats up with Moira maybe her mind is the basis for some of the Nimrod protocols or even her research for Orchis. Or maybe its Sinister appearing to Xavier as Moira. I think Moira's kid Proteus was naned as one the Omega level mutants too.

My question is could this series be setting up Sinister as the foremost Xmen villain? I mean the developments in POX #1 were huge in terms of what Sinister became especially if he had been manipulating events from the start. I know we havent seen Xavier with his helmet off...maybe theres a red diamond in that forehead or maybe its a projection of Xavier and Sinister is the one behind the whole Krakoa habitat and everything. Maybe that scene in HOX #1 was that 1st generation of copies being born. Humans taking the wonder drugs and everything may lead to this Man-Machine thing as well.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Not sure whats up with Moira maybe her mind is the basis for some of the Nimrod protocols or even her research for Orchis. Or maybe its Sinister appearing to Xavier as Moira. I think Moira's kid Proteus was naned as one the Omega level mutants too.

My question is could this series be setting up Sinister as the foremost Xmen villain? I mean the developments in POX #1 were huge in terms of what Sinister became especially if he had been manipulating events from the start. I know we havent seen Xavier with his helmet off...maybe theres a red diamond in that forehead or maybe its a projection of Xavier and Sinister is the one behind the whole Krakoa habitat and everything. Maybe that scene in HOX #1 was that 1st generation of copies being born. Humans taking the wonder drugs and everything may lead to this Man-Machine thing as well.

Magneto has been turned to a hero so many times he really lost alot of his status as BIG BAD, Apoc is a freaking joke, Mystique never really fit the profile so trying to establish sinister as the new biggest baddest first Villain of all Mutants would actually help comics, part of the decline of X men is the fact that all their villains are soo good, they just had to become heroes lol heroes are only as strong as their villains

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koays  Online

@mcklayn said:
@hawk2916 said:

Magneto has been turned to a hero so many times he really lost alot of his status as BIG BAD, Apoc is a freaking joke, Mystique never really fit the profile so trying to establish sinister as the new biggest baddest first Villain of all Mutants would actually help comics, part of the decline of X men is the fact that all their villains are soo good, they just had to become heroes lol heroes are only as strong as their villains

interesting hmm

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: thats pretty damn close to my top 5 lol

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mooty_Pass

After reading the Data Pages.

They should have known Trusting Mr. Sinister was a bad idea.

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, you mean that guy who constantly keeps doing shady shit? He's named "Sinister" for a reason.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, something was said about altering a well known X ally, which I am going to assume is Moira. So, it's possible she time traveled and it maybe retconned that she was always such, though, that would be sort of silly considering her past of just having a semi normal life replete with loving-turned-abusive husband. Perhaps she knew she would have Proteus with him and decided to withstand the abuse.

Would also be inline with the emphasis PoX has on Sinister and his whole genetics wrought empire he created which had a major hand in the events of the future. Moira is all about genetics after all.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@mcklayn said:
@hawk2916 said:

interesting hmm

Yeah, he is a pretty big Sinister nerd. I noticed in the data files pages it refers to Sinister playing "the long game" and also refers to him as the devil, these are two dialogue bits that go back all the way back to Inferno, which was Sinister's first main story focus.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, something was said about altering a well known X ally, which I am going to assume is Moira. So, it's possible she time traveled and it maybe retconned that she was always such, though, that would be sort of silly considering her past of just having a semi normal life replete with loving-turned-abusive husband. Perhaps she knew she would have Proteus with him and decided to withstand the abuse.

Would also be inline with the emphasis PoX has on Sinister and his whole genetics wrought empire he created which had a major hand in the events of the future. Moira is all about genetics after all.

it could just be a subconsciousness transferred into moira's body and taking over, something similar to the tv show the Travelers would be interesting

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@sabbavsk said:

Ah, you mean that guy who constantly keeps doing shady shit? He's named "Sinister" for a reason.

Exactly, you'd think that. But NOPE it's ok Mr. Sinister will NEVER turn on us Mutants he loves us.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PyroFN

The mutants Sinister Creates is Interesting to me. I would like to know their full capabilities. That said, it also makes me wonder, what did Sinister do with the extra supply of Summers-Grey genes that he would most likely now possess to go along with the rest of these mutant genetics. Is that what could be generation 4 of Sinister’s creations?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koays  Online

Mystery.....solved???

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

I mean, fine issue I guess?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @pyrofn: @ursaber i really really like it........not going to buy it but loved it(even though it had no jott in it :'( 10 out of 10??? screw that its like infinity out of 10 hahahahah ha ha btw nothing is higher then the infinity

I mean, fine issue I guess?

fine issue?!?!? fine issue??? it was one of the greatest issue ever, i absolutely love it!!! OMFG!!!!! i got to go promote it on tweeter now, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koays  Online

@god_spawn: Eh, I love Moira and Destiny's characters so it's great in my mind to see an issue where they both become so important. And Destiny threatening Moira was great.

Story didn't move forward at all, but it was a good flesh out. Honestly it makes me wonder if HoX is just supposed to answer questions PoX raises.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: It was cool to see Destiny again.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adamTRMM

While I agree it is well written and I've grown a thing for those fancy hiXagrams (Hickman's diagrams) because they graphically expose Hix-creativity, there are still questions (that will never be answered, his Secret Wars established that much) that the whole phenomenon of Moira's powers raise. I also like how he completely ignored his own death and reborn of the Marvelverse.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked it. I found it a thoroughly enjoyable read. It opens up so many questions though!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@koays: @pyrofn: @ursaber i really really like it........not going to buy it but loved it(even though it had no jott in it :'( 10 out of 10??? screw that its like infinity out of 10 hahahahah ha ha btw nothing is higher then the infinity

That was one mighty fine entertaining lore rich issue.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thunderscream

Destiny mentioned that Moira was "a mutant invisible to other mutants"...that's the only part I don't quite get. Is that part of her power? Otherwise her ability is to reincarnate back to her own mother's womb in the past and live her lives with full knowledge of the previous lives she'd led. It's a fascinating idea, but explaining that after being so invested in the lives of other mutants including the most powerful psychics enhanced by Cerebro's mutant detecting technology, and I know this is a fictional comic, but it's so deeply rooted in science that it's a mighty stretch that she'd never be detected as a mutant before this.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My memory is a bit fuzzy on this but wasn't she the only "human" affected by Legacy virus?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Thunderscream

I have questions about the 9th life. It doesn't say she dies. As an acolyte of Apocalypse, might she gain the ability to reincarnate without dying?

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life 6 was skipped over...

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

It was a nice issue. I suppose being invisible to other mutants explains how the others never realised she was a mutant. Curious to know if there are even more to her powers than just reincarnation. And the art was amazing again.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable:Apparently that was all a ruse.

@payneintheass: I totally didn't catch that, I wonder what she would have done the year between establishing Faraway with Xavier and hunting down all the Trasks...maybe formulating their assassinations?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: @ursaber: @thunderscream: @theinsufferable@pyrofn

first, congratz to theinsufferable to make it into my tag/shoutouts........... u jealous @koays ???

second, if every time moira died, it resets to the beginning, so the world change 9 times? weird and cool

third, joke of the day, jean grey is 5'6, average height for a woman..........while logan is shorter??? hes not even average height for a woman lmao

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life 6 was skipped over...

Hm...

Also, those Horsemen were so dandy, I want their full designs released! And what does that mean "they rescue the Horsemen?" Apoc just creates them...

And I wonder where does Cable fit in this whole time related clusterfrak.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 god_spawn  Moderator

@thunderscream: They said that aspect of her ability was a defense mechanism of sorts.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Koays  Online

@hopesummersforthefuture: Are you trying to tell me that tag spamming your pointless nonsense is supposed to be some kind of a reward???

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Are you trying to tell me that tag spamming your pointless nonsense is supposed to be some kind of a reward???

lmao and heck yes.........and plz koays contain ur jealousy XD XD XP

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't a fan of "Groundhog's Day" Moira. Sort of sours what made her character interesting, in that she was just some normal Scottish lady that was an ally of the X-Men.

It also complicates this series a bit, as it would seem Hickman's X-men, and perhaps hos Avengers and FF are all taking place in a different timeline than what is supposed the be the regular 616. I mean her current life is different from her life she led in the regular 616. Who knows.

Also, isn't her power basically ominiscience in a way?? I don't know, it feels like it;s going to be one of those things that is great in concept-bad in execution.

It was cool to revisit some old stuff too. Destiny was always the interesting forgotten Brotherhood member and Magneto's Bermuda Triangle kingdom showed up again randomly.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheInsufferable
@hopesummersforthefuture said:
first, congratz to theinsufferable to make it into my tag/shoutouts........... u jealous @koays ???

Not sure whether I should be feeling flattered or facepalming myself to oblivion.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't a fan of "Groundhog's Day" Moira. Sort of sours what made her character interesting, in that she was just some normal Scottish lady that was an ally of the X-Men.

I kind of agree, but it does add some layers to Moira that wasn’t there before. It gives this perspective of, she has lived so many lives that have all failed her in some way, so what does she do now? Why is she even bothering after failing so many times?

It also complicates this series a bit, as it would seem Hickman's X-men, and perhaps hos Avengers and FF are all taking place in a different timeline than what is supposed the be the regular 616. I mean her current life is different from her life she led in the regular 616. Who knows.

I don’t think that is the case. I believe the 616 Moira is the current Moira in House of X and Powers of X. This is supposedly her 10th iteration. That is how I understand it, anyway.

Also, isn't her power basically ominiscience in a way??

Not really. It’s more like a better eidetic memory. A total recall. Omniscience implies that she is aware of all things that happen everywhere at past, present, and future. Moira’s scope of knowledge, while vast due to experience, is still limited to her sole experiences. Everytime she changes something in her life, it changes the universe around her. If she stayed on her path, she wouldn’t know everything beyond what she has lived and payed attention to. If she goes off the path, she walks into unknown circumstances.

I don't know, it feels like it;s going to be one of those things that is great in concept-bad in execution.

It was cool to revisit some old stuff too. Destiny was always the interesting forgotten Brotherhood member and Magneto's Bermuda Triangle kingdom showed up again randomly.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure whether I should be feeling flattered or facepalming myself to oblivion.

She is not worth hurting yourself over. Your face is too pretty to be sullied by the randomness.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cattlebattle

@pyrofn:

I kind of agree, but it does add some layers to Moira that wasn’t there before. It gives this perspective of, she has lived so many lives that have all failed her in some way, so what does she do now? Why is she even bothering after failing so many times?

My problem is that thing that happens in comics where no character is safe and eventually it is revealed every character has a higher purpose or every character becomes a super hero villain. Sometimes, I just like when a supporting character is just a supporting character.

Originally, there were several characters in the X-Men universe who were just mutants with no real desire to become super heroes, that changed over time, then, a large number of X-men have become bad guys, and in contrast, many X-villains have become good guys. Now Moira is a super important mutant whose activities hinge on the future. Maybe next we will find out Stevie Hunter is really a time traveling warrior who births a Celestial Seed, or maybe we will find out Charlotte Jones and Trish Tilby were twin sisters of the One Above All destined to save the human race. I am exaggerating of course, but, you get what I mean.

I don’t think that is the case. I believe the 616 Moira is the current Moira in House of X and Powers of X. This is supposedly her 10th iteration. That is how I understand it, anyway.

They show Moira meeting Xavier and having him read her mind....this never happened in 616. So, I am assuming these actions are creating alternate realities.

Not really. It’s more like a better eidetic memory. A total recall. Omniscience implies that she is aware of all things that happen everywhere at past, present, and future. Moira’s scope of knowledge, while vast due to experience, is still limited to her sole experiences. Everytime she changes something in her life, it changes the universe around her. If she stayed on her path, she wouldn’t know everything beyond what she has lived and payed attention to. If she goes off the path, she walks into unknown circumstances.

Well that's why I said "in a way". I mean, she does have supposed infinite lifetimes to learn all sort of information about past and present, and she does understand that the future war with mutants is unpreventable and does have knowledge on how to alter it, so she is very aware of and does have pertinent information on the past, present and future.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By adamTRMM

@cattlebattle said:

I mean, she does have supposed infinite lifetimes to learn all sort of information about past and present

Actually, Destiny said she has ten (X) maybe eleven. And current timeline is the tenth. I guess this "maybe" is the Chekhov's Gun in the making. I'm awaiting some kind of reset in the end.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

My problem is that thing that happens in comics where no character is safe and eventually it is revealed every character has a higher purpose or every character becomes a super hero villain. Sometimes, I just like when a supporting character is just a supporting character.

Originally, there were several characters in the X-Men universe who were just mutants with no real desire to become super heroes, that changed over time, then, a large number of X-men have become bad guys, and in contrast, many X-villains have become good guys. Now Moira is a super important mutant whose activities hinge on the future. Maybe next we will find out Stevie Hunter is really a time traveling warrior who births a Celestial Seed, or maybe we will find out Charlotte Jones and Trish Tilby were twin sisters of the One Above All destined to save the human race. I am exaggerating of course, but, you get what I mean.

Maybe I would if I knew who those characters were. *sigh* Guess it’s time to google them. On the bright side, at least Moira was memorable before Hickman’s run, so I suppose maybe I do understand without having to know how those characters are.

They show Moira meeting Xavier and having him read her mind....this never happened in 616. So, I am assuming these actions are creating alternate realities.

I am pretty sure this is a retcon.

Well that's why I said "in a way". I mean, she does have supposed infinite lifetimes to learn all sort of information about past and present, and she does understand that the future war with mutants is unpreventable and does have knowledge on how to alter it, so she is very aware of and does have pertinent information on the past, present and future.

Supposedly infinite? If Destiny’s vision comes to pass, not infinite. The little loophole of her death being permanent if she is killed before her mutation activates is the kicker. I don’t see it as omniscience. It would be like saying Reed Richards has omniscience because he knows all this knowledge about the multiverse and such when it isn’t the case. It’s just information he learned first and secondhand.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Logan is short and hairy. Sort of like a huggable Koala with a bad attitude!

Where is Moira's sixth life? Why does the chart show Moira's 9th and 10th lives have dotted lines, is she still alive in the Apocalypse timeline? Why does the chart show that her 3rd, 8th and 10th lives go up and around her first incarnation, rather than below it like the rest?

And finally, if in current day time Xavier read Moira's mind and found out about all her past lives and experiences, how the heck has no one else gotten this information as well? Its not like other Telepaths haven't been inside Charles and Moira's mind multiple times over the years.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think the fact that her 6th life was skipped will be a very important factor down the line, that can't be random.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass: I totally didn't catch that, I wonder what she would have done the year between establishing Faraway with Xavier and hunting down all the Trasks...maybe formulating their assassinations?

I don´t think that was in the same life , was it?

Faraway was life 5

Trask killings were life 7

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Hm...

Also, those Horsemen were so dandy, I want their full designs released! And what does that mean "they rescue the Horsemen?" Apoc just creates them...

And I wonder where does Cable fit in this whole time related clusterfrak.

Not only that, but also, "and return to Earth" makes it stranger.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@theinsufferable said:

She is not worth hurting yourself over. Your face is too pretty to be sullied by the randomness.

XP XP XP im a single, white, female and u all love me ..........hahahahaha ha ha

No Caption Provided

also i am the queen of the x-boards after usurped king koays

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Koays  Online

For the record I am now going by the title "Mutant War-God of the X-Boards"

I accept offerings of PayPal and cashapp

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

For the record I am now going by the title "Mutant War-God of the X-Boards"

I accept offerings of PayPal and cashapp

LOL ^^

No Caption Provided

new cover, i think..........i like it.......gives me hope that logan and mystique and give it another try lmao(besides storm and logan, i like raven and logan)

@pyrofn@ashetdust@ursaber@mrnihal@god_spawn@theinsufferable

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cattlebattle

Who drew that??

The women aren't wearing shoes.

Probably a sex pest.