Petition to make Cattlebattle read and review every issue of Children of the Atom (CotA Trailer)

  • 89 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

Let me make this clear....I hate everything to do with children of the atom. But the very notion of forcing the one viner who would hate everything about this book from it's title to the number of letters in the opening blurb is giving me the only hope of joy I can get from from this book.

So @cattlebattle. I'm calling you out. Read and Review every issue of this series or face the might of internet peer pressure.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

12133

Forum Posts

125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I support this wholeheartedly.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

The comment section of that Youtube video....

LOL.

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theinsufferable: @cattlebattle: Like to Dislike ratio currently stands at 1,758 to 26,743.....I'm waiting for the comments to be shut off at 30,000

Avatar image for darthphoenix
darthphoenix

2470

Forum Posts

1

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for pyrofn
PyroFN

14431

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I support this petition!

Avatar image for teamgxone
TeamGXOne

174

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I SUPPORT THIS PETITION!

LOL actually, I myself would like to review it. But srsly, the person who needs to review that is the Marvel Anime producer. She has an excellent vocabulary for something like this LOL

Avatar image for jota23
Jota23

480

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i support @cattlebattle on this. LOL

#SCHISM

Me too. I think forcing someone to read Children of the Atom might count as a Human Rights violation.

Avatar image for thunderscream
Thunderscream

2746

Forum Posts

510

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Take one for the team! Seriously, is the younger fanbase that susceptible to buzz words?

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thunderscream: I hear what your saying....but listen very closely when I say this. "He has a tik tok"

Avatar image for thunderscream
Thunderscream

2746

Forum Posts

510

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Thunderscream
Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lmao so.....if the US banns TikTok.....what are they going to do as a plot for Chidren of the Atom?

Avatar image for ashetdust
AsheTDust

2216

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

At least CotA doesn’t feature Internet Gas.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

12133

Forum Posts

125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By TheInsufferable

@koays: [Vita turning (probably swiping) script pages anxiously]: but, but ... that's all I had planned for the first 10 issues...

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for invain
Invain

5240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You can tell that Cattlebattle's reviews would be vastly more entertaining than those issues themselves.

Avatar image for invain
Invain

5240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I bet Koays will end up becoming a closet fan of this series. πŸ˜‚

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@invain: Lol, Your mistake was believing I'd even acknowledge this book.

Avatar image for invain
Invain

5240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@koays: Cattlebattle's reviews will peak your interest. You'll eventually give in to temptation, put on a mask cuz "pandemic", and buy the comics, hoping that nobody recognizes you. You will then read the comics, at home alone, hidden under your blanket with a flashlight. You may even tuck the comic book inside a nude magazine, just for in case someone walks in on you, you can act like you were looking at porn instead. But all that trouble will be worth it for the satisfaction you get out of these comics. You disgust me. πŸ˜’

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@invain: LMAO ew imaginary me sounds hideous.

Avatar image for invain
Invain

5240

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Invain

@koays: You say that now, but in a few months you'll see that my post actually predicted the future. πŸ˜‰

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@invain: Never that, the best you'll get from me here is writing a review of cattles reviews after every issue.

"I feel like he just talked about the liberal LGBTQ SJW agenda last issue and this rant was just a rehash of that one. Plus I feel like the alliteration was under done, he couldve found 6 more f words to go with the first 4 "f" words."

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lol seriously.... it's coming in January. We need to get on it.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Daily reminder that the term "Children of the Atom" comes primarily from the X-men being born during, and their powers and mutation initially being heavily suggested to be linked to the "Atomic Age". So, the title itself makes little sense in a modern context.

I can't wait for the X-men's next junior book after this: X-Men: Sons of the American Revolution.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

10320

Forum Posts

95

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

no one will read this comic, its a epic fail........or doomed to fail......marvel keeps giving x-fans bullsh*t ideas and call it "all-new" lmao

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By Koays

@cattlebattle said:

Daily reminder that the term "Children of the Atom" comes primarily from the X-men being born during, and their powers and mutation initially being heavily suggested to be linked to the "Atomic Age". So, the title itself makes little sense in a modern context.

I can't wait for the X-men's next junior book after this: X-Men: Sons of the American Revolution.

This is the type of grumpy Cattle criticism that we need to get after every issue

YOUR PEOPLE NEED YOU!

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:
@cattlebattle said:

Daily reminder that the term "Children of the Atom" comes primarily from the X-men being born during, and their powers and mutation initially being heavily suggested to be linked to the "Atomic Age". So, the title itself makes little sense in a modern context.

I can't wait for the X-men's next junior book after this: X-Men: Sons of the American Revolution.

This is the type of grumpy Cattle criticism that we need to get after every issue

YOUR PEOPLE NEED YOU!

I don't know man, TikTok?? Fitness insta?? I am too old for this me thinks.

Fellow Kids GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:
@cattlebattle said:

Daily reminder that the term "Children of the Atom" comes primarily from the X-men being born during, and their powers and mutation initially being heavily suggested to be linked to the "Atomic Age". So, the title itself makes little sense in a modern context.

I can't wait for the X-men's next junior book after this: X-Men: Sons of the American Revolution.

This is the type of grumpy Cattle criticism that we need to get after every issue

YOUR PEOPLE NEED YOU!

I don't know man, TikTok?? Fitness insta?? I am too old for this me thinks.

Come on Cattle, we think young people thoughts....

Be less THIS Grandpa

No Caption Provided

And more THIS Grandpa

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:

Be less THIS Grandpa

And more THIS Grandpa

No IDont Think GIF - No IDontThink IWill GIFs
Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

12133

Forum Posts

125

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cattlebattle: Honestly, your reviews of this series is the only X-Men thing to look forward to in 2021.

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theinsufferable: Lol I know right? Like this is the series that they waited 40 years to make just for Cattle.

They raised him up on the Golden Age of Claremont.

They lowered his hopes with the 90s

And spent 20 years stirring up his vitriol and disappointment with millenial pandering, liberal bias, and stories with lame caricatures of his favorite characters and highschool stereotype teenage mutants.

And now, it's all culminated in a Gender binary writer from a friend group of writers who refer to themselves as the "Trash Queer Squad", slated to writer a modern take of conviently diverse millenials with rip off powersets from more popular characters from a series that Cattle already feels has gone on way too long......

This is Cattles DESTINY!!!

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

@theinsufferable: Lol I know right? Like this is the series that they waited 40 years to make just for Cattle.

They raised him up on the Golden Age of Claremont.

They lowered his hopes with the 90s

Hold up, "Raised in the Golden Age of Claremont"??? How old do you think I am, 50?? More like raised in the post Age of Apocalypse era where characters were drawn very cartoon-y via Bachalo and Madureira and there was no interesting plots or ideas because the comic featuring the X-Men alone was enough to sell it.

I mean, didn't you ever wonder why I am so knowledgable about Generation X?? An obscure spin off about absolute dregs that most people don't even know exist...do you think anyone aside from me knows who Vincente, Bianca LaNiege or Hunter Brawn is?? I just know about the Claremont era and the 90s because of torrenting a decade ago and having 5 older siblings.

@koays said:

And spent 20 years stirring up his vitriol and disappointment with millenial pandering, liberal bias,

Eh, there was always liberal bias in comics more or less. Especially in X-men books. Claremont himself was a Jewish, ethno-centric liberal who made the women better and more powerful than the men and virtue signaled with how many non whites he could cram into a book. The difference is he was actually a good writer and didn't go out of his way to demean whitey, or men along the way.

@koays said:
stories with lame caricatures of his favorite characters and highschool stereotype teenage mutants.

No argument here.

@koays said:

And now, it's all culminated in a Gender binary writer from a friend group of writers who refer to themselves as the "Trash Queer Squad", slated to writer a modern take of conviently diverse millenials with rip off powersets from more popular characters from a series that Cattle already feels has gone on way too long......

Wow, I didn't know all that. That's bad. I just knew that she wrote the lowest selling James Bond series of all time, and had some other failed books. I mean, doesn't anyone think it's weird that this woman fails repeatedly and still gets high profile work because of her race, gender and sexuality?? I feel like comic writers from the 70s 80s and 90s were good because they grew up during real shit, like real wars and troubling situations. The most traumatic thing to happen to some of these people is that they were bullied online.

@koays said:

This is Cattles DESTINY!!!

My destiny was to meet Bjork. Which I have already done.

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cattlebattle: LMAO to be honest....your kinda knowledgable about almost everything, but your bias toward Claremont as well as strong critiques about his writing in the 80s combined with insider knowledge on the state of culture around the 90s transitional time makes it seem like you group up on the books and later dug into them for more info as you grew older......lol now i realize you just have an old soul.....a soul that is being challenged to a fight to the death by Vita Ayala.

Like, shes even writing New Mutants.....

"Claremont himself was a Jewish, ethno-centric liberal who made the women better and more powerful than the men and virtue signaled with how many non whites he could cram into a book. The difference is he was actually a good writer and didn't go out of his way to demean whitey, or men along the way."

Lol see what I mean?

On Vita:

I won't comment on the reason for her frequent use. I will say this DEFINETLY happens ALOT more often then most care to admit because it's not cool to acknowledge that ability may be ignored in favor of diversity. It happens in both ways....but it's definitely a factor considering the only issue of X of Swords she wrote was the one where the only prominent black X-Man went to the only prominent black nation in comics....and then she never wrote another issue of the event.

That said I've only read 2 stories from Vita....a meh Batman anniversary issue and the admittedly great Storm issue.

I still have ZERO faith in her ability to appeal to the broader audience (outside of people who were going to read it regardless because of a queer writer writing and creating queer characters) because of the terrible description she gave of her own work that gave zero faith in them as characters beyond their hobbies and sexuality. Like there are a 1000 people who use tiktok.....none of them would describe the justification of their existence as "I have a tik tok"

I do have a positive opinion on the potential of her New Mutants title do to the line up not matching what you'd think she'd favor given this monstrosity of this title. But beyond that, if your given free reign and infinite options and this is how you describe the result....i have no reason to think your silly premise has a redeeming quality.

Lol how was Bjork?

Avatar image for time1
time1

6507

Forum Posts

1316

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#34  Edited By time1

Children of the Atom looks like worst x-men title ever. Who wants a women version of Gambit seriously. Why doesn't marvel respect Gambit. They should focus on his character more. I would loved to see him lead a X-force team that would be Awesome. Who wants women version of Cyclops, a terrible idea. I hope this comic flops. X-Men fans don't support this comic. I won't. I support the other x-men titles but not this rubbish. Marvel need to wake up. No one want this rubbish.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: LMAO to be honest....your kinda knowledgable about almost everything, but your bias toward Claremont as well as strong critiques about his writing in the 80s combined with insider knowledge on the state of culture around the 90s transitional time makes it seem like you group up on the books and later dug into them for more info as you grew older......lol now i realize you just have an old soul.....a soul that is being challenged to a fight to the death by Vita Ayala.

I like to read and as I have grown older I actually find reading the behind the scenes stuff and influences to be more interesting than the actual material in the comics sometimes.

@koays said:

I won't comment on the reason for her frequent use. I will say this DEFINETLY happens ALOT more often then most care to admit because it's not cool to acknowledge that ability may be ignored in favor of diversity. It happens in both ways....but it's definitely a factor considering the only issue of X of Swords she wrote was the one where the only prominent black X-Man went to the only prominent black nation in comics....and then she never wrote another issue of the event.

That said I've only read 2 stories from Vita....a meh Batman anniversary issue and the admittedly great Storm issue.

I still have ZERO faith in her ability to appeal to the broader audience (outside of people who were going to read it regardless because of a queer writer writing and creating queer characters) because of the terrible description she gave of her own work that gave zero faith in them as characters beyond their hobbies and sexuality. Like there are a 1000 people who use tiktok.....none of them would describe the justification of their existence as "I have a tik tok"

I do have a positive opinion on the potential of her New Mutants title do to the line up not matching what you'd think she'd favor given this monstrosity of this title. But beyond that, if your given free reign and infinite options and this is how you describe the result....i have no reason to think your silly premise has a redeeming quality.

The fundamental problem is these people are narcissists. They basically inject everything about themselves into the characters they're writing. Almost creating a mary sue in ways. I mean look at the writer and then look at the Gambit character. Writers occasionally throw something they're personally familiar with into their characters, maybe something like their religion, but, it's usually used in a way that in can be a detriment to the character more than a positive aspect (eg: Frank Miller/Daredevil)

Even if I was liberal I still wouldn't approve of how Marvel does things these days. In the days when comics were popular, like the 90s, if you created a series and characters that didn't sell, the book would be cancelled and the characters would fade into the background if not disappear, look at characters like the Generation X crew, Sleepwalker or Darkhawk. Their respective series got cancelled and they were relegated to nobodies. Ms. marvel has been canceled like 10 times already and was shoved into the Champions book with alternate versions of well known characters and it still didn't do well and the character appears everywhere and is given top billing in video games and is getting their own televison show. Complaining about it being "SJW bullshit" is silly at this point, it's just social engineering now. It's like the difference between somebody offering you something and somebody basically making you believe something.

@koays said:

Lol how was Bjork?

Haha, jokes on you, you tell me how I am....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cattlebattle:

*Checks Bjork's age* Hmm me thinks your lying about being an Icelandic Princess

I'll say this much. Regardless of her sales or the intent Ms. Marvel at least has a strong following. Enough so that characters from her book are apparently seen in other places. It's not wholely organic, and in my opinion it's disingenuous the way they engineered her to be the next big character using racial marketing. (In a similar way to Miles Morales in the mid 2000's.)

That said, she works. She's a prominent character with a following that isn't niche. So if you put her on a team with Avengers she still fits in because she's recognizable. Regardless of the quality of her stories (which range from cliche to genuinely entertaining) the experiment was a success and theyve created the next big name.

I mean to be frank,WTF even was Riri Williams? Her entire character concept is that a black girl becomes Ironman. Her story is shallow and poorly written. So did the social experiment fail? and if so would it have succeeded if it was written better? What makes her different from Ms. Marvel.

Most ironically it was the blonde haired, blue eyed femThor that had the biggest backlash and ended up the biggest success. No one liked her. The motives seemed to clearly be SJW related....but then the reveal is that it's Jane Foster, not a random created to fill a diversity quota or to fill some void in the comic niche. It's a new direction for a long standing character. And the impact she had won't just be remembered as being apart of Marvels week of baiting people with diversity creations but as a part of the Thor character and journey that has kinda defined half a decade and is still going.

I've said before that I'm in the middle ground. A thing I have always disliked about Marvel was the lack of diversity and how it was just never addressed. So I'm ok with a natural progression of characters who are diverse into a more prominent role or even a character who was created for that purpose being success do to the quality of work. It's just that so often we have moment's like "Iceman comes out of the closet" where its done for attention and then almost never brought up again.....while a character like Northstar or Hercules is left on the back burner because sexuality isn't important unless it can make for a good headline.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:

*Checks Bjork's age* Hmm me thinks your lying about being an Icelandic Princess

Possibly maybe. (edit: you probably won't get that's a joke but that's a Bjork song.

@koays said:

I'll say this much. Regardless of her sales or the intent Ms. Marvel at least has a strong following. Enough so that characters from her book are apparently seen in other places. It's not wholely organic, and in my opinion it's disingenuous the way they engineered her to be the next big character using racial marketing. (In a similar way to Miles Morales in the mid 2000's.)

That said, she works. She's a prominent character with a following that isn't niche. So if you put her on a team with Avengers she still fits in because she's recognizable. Regardless of the quality of her stories (which range from cliche to genuinely entertaining) the experiment was a success and theyve created the next big name.

Strong following?? Not really. Maybe if you go on a comic subreddit or forums...which are usually a hugbox for liberals anyways and any dissenting opinions are silenced. Most people could give two shits about her and see her as a hamfisted diversity push. Maybe younger fans know who she is but, they have been engineered to by Marvel constantly putting her in promo material. I definitely wouldn't see her as a future "big name"

@koays said:

I mean to be frank,WTF even was Riri Williams? Her entire character concept is that a black girl becomes Ironman. Her story is shallow and poorly written. So did the social experiment fail? and if so would it have succeeded if it was written better? What makes her different from Ms. Marvel.

That's the Bendis formula. He is a Jewish liberal with black children he adopted that just takes a character and makes them young and black or makes a legacy version of them young and black. A curiouser example would have been the new Moon Girl, who despite having limited appearances and stories is somehow the smartest person in the Marvel U, beating out people who dues ex machina intelligence like Reed or Doom, according to Marvel. That character was astonishingly not a Bendis creation though, may well as have been.

@koays said:

Most ironically it was the blonde haired, blue eyed femThor that had the biggest backlash and ended up the biggest success. No one liked her. The motives seemed to clearly be SJW related....but then the reveal is that it's Jane Foster, not a random created to fill a diversity quota or to fill some void in the comic niche. It's a new direction for a long standing character. And the impact she had won't just be remembered as being apart of Marvels week of baiting people with diversity creations but as a part of the Thor character and journey that has kinda defined half a decade and is still going.

I didn't have a problem with the idea of Female Thor, I mean, the character design is cool and there has been a Thor Girl before. And the concept of Thor's powers being given to someone else is hardly new. Beta Ray Bill more or less was given Thor's powers and characters like Thunderstrike and Dargo or whatever his name was have had it as well....there was even a "Thor Corps" at one point.

The problem a lot of people had was that she was given the name Thor, which is Thor's name, and not his title. If something happened to Dave Chapelle and he gave you his material to go on stage with you wouldn't go on stage and introduce yourself as Dave Chapelle before using his material, as bad as that analogy is. A lot of the books also had that aggressive type of feminism where the women were almost perfect without that many flaws and all the men acted like retards. So, there were other aspects the book was hated for other than there just being a female Thor.

@koays said:

A thing I have always disliked about Marvel was the lack of diversity and how it was just never addressed.

Why do you hate white people?? Haha, seriously though, the whole lack of diversity thing is only ever used on whites. If I had said the thing I have always disliked about the NBA or the rap genre is the lack of diversity and how it was just never addressed I'd be in trouble.

@koays said:

. It's just that so often we have moment's like "Iceman comes out of the closet" where its done for attention and then almost never brought up again.....while a character like Northstar or Hercules is left on the back burner because sexuality isn't important unless it can make for a headline.

You see this is a contradiction of sorts though. You think the Iceman thing was done for attention (it was) when Northstar and Hercules were very much done for the same reasons. John Byrne was just as liberal as Claremont, and seemed to be in competition with him, though, at the time, the comics code had a rule to not have homosexuals and Scott lobdell was the first in line to signal how progressive and groundbreaking he was by cementing Northstar's sexuality after the rule was repealed. They're all done for headlines....especially these days...and that's the point. Didn't you ever notice how a non white character is only ever recognized in popular media if their race is a central part of their character, even Storm's a radicalized proud, "yas queen" Hotep these days, despite being very anti-racist most of her life because, you know, being a mutant. It's ethno-narcissism and racism from creators more than anything else.

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1- You are right. There us no way I wouldve guessed that.

2- Eh, time will tell. She isn't worth the 3 solo titles she's had so far....but then again neither is SpiderGwen....or Gwenpool for that matter..... But ultimately having a solid niche fanbase that continue to latch on after the "new pander" smell wears off is what I feel gives them the confidence to continue to push her the way they have where as RiRi Williams is....yea.

I mean to be honest, while Miles Morales still gets pigeon holed sometime into that same category, he's a character that was created for similar reasons and stuck around because the writing and characterization were there to support it....and now while hes taken a few steps back do to the general public only knowing him as the black spiderman, in the comicbook community he's fully accepted as having paid his dues in a sense and earned his place.

At the end of the day I really believe Ms. Marvel will be the next big mainstay. At worst because she has just enough quality to not be forgotten before they finish shoving her down her throat. And at best because she's getting the exposure that will draw attention to the catalogue of stories that younger comic fans will look for as they hop on.

3- Yea....Marvel Now was pretty much Bendis' brainchild, or at the very least finds it's origins in his realm of thinking.

It was during his heyday of being the most vocal person at Marvel retreats and getting multiple series because of it....A position Jason Aaron unfortunately occupied as well.

I think alot of times writers don't like to ask themselves questions about why their making a character..... They just say "We need a _______ character" and then fill in traits that make this character relevant.

I mean I only recently found out that theres this whole Wasp solo about Hank Pyms secret daughter where her entire character is "she's Hank Pym's secret daughter" and then they just filled her in with Antman's supporting cast and made a solo.

4- Oh no your absolutely right. Jane Thor can start a dozen different debates just by bringing her up.....but it's important to note that the books in your face feminism was very much a huge critique....and now it's sorta just evolved to a point where her arcs are just a great addition to the Thor verse.

She sorta was the most blatant SJW character and has kind of earned her spot despite it.

5- Listen here White devil, Hip Hop music is for Black people because only we Black people have those feelings. Go make songs about your own struggles! And by the way, were taking Taylor Swift because she's the only one who really touches on my post-break up feelings.

Lol I get what your saying though, but I'd argue that every genre has it's own issues on diversity and such and their isn't as blanket an idea as you imply. Example being Hiphop in which a "legend" named Lord Jamar who actually spends his free time doing interviews about why white people shouldn't be allowed in Hip Hop and why Eminem isn't allowed in "the culture"....and everyone thinks hes crazy.

For me though, I honestly couldnt name one female Marvel character that wasn't an X-Man for a long time. And when I got to the point I could actually learn and read up about these characters I realized that most of the Avengers girls were just there to faint, get passed around or pose awkwardly.

Like at certain points, even a non-american human would be an improvement for them. And I say this as a DC fan who knows full well if you ask for 3 female heroes you'd get WW, Supergirl, Batgirl or Catwoman.....but it's still better then the ridiculous struggle of trying to name 3 black characters not named Storm....

Idk I'm rambling...Avengers are stupid and even if they got well written diverse characters they'd probably have them bang the whole team since that's about all they've ever done with She-hulk and Scarlet Witch.

6- I disagree. Not about Lobdell and the comics code stuff. But about the general idea of the prejudice in recognition of characters.

My belief is that in the last decade we've seen this upswing in the amount of people that generally sum up their existence in one or two word. Black man, Queer Woman, Trans man, Black woman.....it's generally an american thing, but these people seem as if if you took away their ability to express what for anyone else would be a single part of their character, then they would have nothing more to say.

It's not to belittle the struggle of these groups of course, but it's to say that American culture is devolving to a point where instead of names were going to just pick a trait like some dystopian society where that one thing is what you will base your entire life around.

This to me is why they parade characters around with zero character except for "tik tok" or "trans gender" or "fat kid" or "fake archangel"....because this is the one note way that American culture is beginning to reclassify themselves as.

I mean believe me, I get what you mean because I have had to nuke @Butterflykyss a couple times for playing the race card in regards to Storm being hated for being a proud black woman, when I don't think if you asked Storm who she was she would even say she was Black.

But that said I still believe it's more pandering to the easy markets..... I mean who's easier to market to? A random CIS white male? Or the guy whose twitter profile says he sexually identifies as an attack helicopter?

In my mind, they don't even miss a beat before their having a meeting about the Thanos-copter coming to life and lifting Thors hammer

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for marvelfan1992
marvelfan1992

8972

Forum Posts

7

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays said:

2- Eh, time will tell. She isn't worth the 3 solo titles she's had so far....but then again neither is SpiderGwen....or Gwenpool for that matter..... But ultimately having a solid niche fanbase that continue to latch on after the "new pander" smell wears off is what I feel gives them the confidence to continue to push her the way they have where as RiRi Williams is....yea.

I mean to be honest, while Miles Morales still gets pigeon holed sometime into that same category, he's a character that was created for similar reasons and stuck around because the writing and characterization were there to support it....and now while hes taken a few steps back do to the general public only knowing him as the black spiderman, in the comicbook community he's fully accepted as having paid his dues in a sense and earned his place.

At the end of the day I really believe Ms. Marvel will be the next big mainstay. At worst because she has just enough quality to not be forgotten before they finish shoving her down her throat. And at best because she's getting the exposure that will draw attention to the catalogue of stories that younger comic fans will look for as they hop on.

It's likely all just going to fall by the wayside of what your personal experience is but, again, I feel like your describing experiences from reading reddits or forums or youtube videos from leftist minded peoples. On average nobody gives a shit about these characters and their books get canceled left and right, if people did care, it would show in sales somewhat. Even something like "into the Spider-Verse" which featured Morales in the lead role was heavily overhyped. It was the lowest grossing Spider-Man movie behind the Amazing Spider-man movies for all its critical hype and praise. Was it a good film?? Sure, but it wasn't the greatest thing I have ever seen which some people might try to tell you.

@koays said:
They just say "We need a _______ character" and then fill in traits that make this character relevant.

Well.....yes, that's exactly what it is. That's sort of the whole point of everything. It's not only that's what the thinking is behind it but it's also that liberal whites and narcissistic non whites get off to the praise they get from acknowledgement of creation of these things in the corporate media.

@koays said:

For me though, I honestly couldnt name one female Marvel character that wasn't an X-Man for a long time. And when I got to the point I could actually learn and read up about these characters I realized that most of the Avengers girls were just there to faint, get passed around or pose awkwardly.

Well, again, this goes by your experiences but I don't think that's true as far as I know. Early Sue Storm was sort of pathetic, but, after her most Avengers females like Wasp and Scarlet Witch were pretty capable. Jean as Marvel Girl was more useful then Angel most of the time and more competent than Iceman. So, I don't know, I feel like Marvel always wrote women pretty well. Don't forget too, Sue Storm wasn't given her crazy forcefield powers until later, she originally could just turn invisible which made her sort of useless in battle and she was more the publicist for the team.

I also feel like people tend to forget, the US was majority white for most it's existence, and the majority of comic readers were male, even when they made the women more powerful and important the readers were still mainly male, so, the whole "bringing in new audiences" was always sort of BS. I have always maintained that people will read material because it's fun or interesting, and not because of who is what race or what politics they have. For example, Blade 2 is one of my favorite comic films of all time and I obviously love this movie because Blade is a right winger who fights liberals in the movie right??...oh no wait, I am sorry, I forgot I am not a selfish asshole who need my ideology catered to in corporate media and entertainment, I meant to say I like movie because it's a crazy horror/action film.

@koays said:
6- I disagree. Not about Lobdell and the comics code stuff. But about the general idea of the prejudice in recognition of characters.

My belief is that in the last decade we've seen this upswing in the amount of people that generally sum up their existence in one or two word. Black man, Queer Woman, Trans man, Black woman.....it's generally an american thing, but these people seem as if if you took away their ability to express what for anyone else would be a single part of their character, then they would have nothing more to say.

It's not to belittle the struggle of these groups of course, but it's to say that American culture is devolving to a point where instead of names were going to just pick a trait like some dystopian society where that one thing is what you will base your entire life around.

This to me is why they parade characters around with zero character except for "tik tok" or "trans gender" or "fat kid" or "fake archangel"....because this is the one note way that American culture is beginning to reclassify themselves as.

I mean believe me, I get what you mean because I have had to nuke @Butterflykyss a couple times for playing the race card in regards to Storm being hated for being a proud black woman, when I don't think if you asked Storm who she was she would even say she was Black.

But that said I still believe it's more pandering to the easy markets..... I mean who's easier to market to? A random CIS white male? Or the guy whose twitter profile says he sexually identifies as an attack helicopter?

In my mind, they don't even miss a beat before their having a meeting about the Thanos-copter coming to life and lifting Thors hammer

You'd be surprised at how much it is an and isn't just an American thing. Stuff you described is basically present in any place liberalism runs rampant....essentially "first world problems".

And yeah, I have always noted the strange correlation between the Storm fandom and racial politics. Which is extra weird considering Claremont, the lord and creator of Storm's ascendance, intended her to be a mutliracial, globalized mongrel human and not just strictly biologically "black". Weird.

In my opinion, I don't think Marvel even cares about the comics anymore. They just see them as a means to reinforce weird leftist politics. The films are where the money is, where they have been incorporating that stuff more and more and have been getting criticized because of it.

Avatar image for crimsonfoxfire
CrimsonFoxFire

255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays: to say storm wouldn't identify is a misunderstanding of storm as a character.

Avatar image for crimsonfoxfire
CrimsonFoxFire

255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cattlebattle: Storm multiracial? Because of that one panel about her features? If storm was intended to be that her origin and history wouldn't be the way it is.

Avatar image for crimsonfoxfire
CrimsonFoxFire

255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for crimsonfoxfire
CrimsonFoxFire

255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays: that shows she would identify as black?

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By cattlebattle
@crimsonfoxfire said:

@cattlebattle: Storm multiracial? Because of that one panel about her features? If storm was intended to be that her origin and history wouldn't be the way it is.

It wasn't just one panel. It was Claremont's interpretation of the character.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for crimsonfoxfire
CrimsonFoxFire

255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By CrimsonFoxFire

@cattlebattle: thats from a interview but that still wasn't what storm was on panel for her comic history. I love and respect Clermonts work and what he did for her but Storm is most definitely a black women and I think his point really connected to the fact all life starts in Africa. But also Clermont can be slightly tone deaf about race looking at kitty saying the n word several times.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
cattlebattle

21024

Forum Posts

313

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cattlebattle: thats from a interview but that still wasn't what storm was on panel for her comic history. I love and respect Clermonts work and what he did for her but Storm is most definitely a black women and I think his point really connected to the fact all life starts in Africa. But also Clermont can be slightly tone deaf about race looking at kitty saying the n word several times.

He clearly says in the interview that Storm is an amalgam of all the races of the world, similar to what was said in the panel. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it anything else. Storm is without question a black woman, but my original point wasn't about that....it was this: "Which is extra weird considering Claremont, the lord and creator of Storm's ascendance, intended her to be a mutliracial, globalized mongrel human and not just strictly biologically "black". Weird."

Avatar image for koays
Koays

21495

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@crimsonfoxfire: That shows that she identifies as Black?

You can name 100 different causes, teams or groups Storm has fought for. And whether its Morlocks, Wakanda, Mutants or humanity Storm is more of a champion FOR the people then a champion OF the people.

It's just the summation of her characterization. She's more Superman then Black Panther as far as how shes written. Shes essentially become the All loving Mother figure of the world more then she is a character who embraces a race, creed or cause.

I mean dont you find it odd that the only major Black female in a franchise that has become the sounding board for expressing social prejudices of all kind, has never had a story reflecting on the duality of being the target of injustices despite representing 2 historically oppressed minorities in the country she lives in?

I'm not saying she's not a strong Black character, but in the context of the discussion....Storm barely even addresses the fact that shes a member of the made up minority shes in, and yet shes supposed to be a champion of the real African American struggle?

Really and truly looking at all of Storms appearances she seems more likely to try to tear down divisions and decry racial biases then she is to declare her race proudly.

It's just not the type of character she is.