My hopes and concerns for Marvel getting X-Men back.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Disney should be buying the rights to fox and getting the X-Men back. Which should be announce next week? I decided I wanted to share my hopes and concerns about this.

Hopes

Comics

The comics will get better for the X-Men, as long as the movies are successful, whatever X-Men films marvel decides to release. The comics will get better. I also think marvel will probley make a big deal out off having the X-Men back too. There probley play a larger role in the Marvel events.

Video games

I have really dislike Marvel attitude towards video games over the last couple of years. Marvel Heroes Omega got shut down, Marvel Avengers Alliance got cancel. The X-Men were not included in the Marvel Vs Capcom infinite. Marvel have always ignored a lot console gamers over the years and focus more mobiles games. Which has really pissed me off? I prefer consoles games.

I think there be more X-Men video games in the future. I really hope there are more consoles games.

TV shows, cartoons and animated movies

I watched some of gifted and Legion and for the most part I enjoy them. I’m not sure what the future lies for them or for Netflix shows. Most of the Netflix shows have been pretty good.

I do think there be more X-Men shows, cartoons and possibly more animated movies. Maybe Marvel can finally compete with DC when it comes to animated movies. Its not as if they don’t have the characters or source material to compete.

Merchandise

More X-Men Merchandise, as longs as the films are successful. We see more X-Men merchandise in the shops and online . Maybe we finally get a Rogue and Gambit funky pop.

Movies

I’m not going say too much on my hopes for the movies, cause I want to share concerns too.

Marvel will more likely gives us the real Cyclops and maybe Cyclops and Wolverine will be in a movie together and both characters will be treated with respect equally

We may get the real Rogue and Gambit in a movie together. God I hope so.

We may get a Hulk and Wolverine crosssover

Will get less of Mystique, no more Jennifer Lawrence, thank god

My biggest hope is the X-Men films become more popular than the Avengers films . People will start treated the X-Men with more respect. The respect they deserve.

Concerns

Movies

My biggest concerns are the movies. We not sure if the X-Men will be included in the MCU. If they are, there nothing saying there be treated with more respect than the Avengers.

I red online about possible having an X-Men vs Avengers movie. Most X-Men fans know that story suck and the X-Men were not treated very well in it. If we have Cyclops, Wolverine in movie with Captain America and Iron Man. Do people honestly think Scott and Logan will be treated with more respect. Whoever they cast Cyclops and Logan I doubt they will be treated with more respect then Chris Evan and RDJ.

I’m undecided whether I would like X-Men vs Avengers movie. How the X-Men will be treated is uncertain , marvel may treat them like they did in the original story.

As we know the main Avengers cast will be retiring, some might die in Avengers Infinity. As result a crossover might not be possible. Maybe in animated form.

When the MCU looses there major stars like Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson etc . The MCU might loose there popularity and as result comic book movies will loose there popularity

By time the X-Men get there Marvel films released, whenever that will be. People may not care anymore. I mean comic book fans would care but, the general filmgoers and films critics may not care.

As we know the future plans for Deadpool 3, X-Force, Gambit and Maddrox are very uncertain.

As we know tone of X-Men films will change, most know what I’m talking about.

Finally there will less comic book films a year. It will take a while for us to get a Marvel X-Men film.

What are your thoughts on this, what are your hopes and concerns for X-Men future with Marvel. We know things will improve for the Fantastic Four. Some things remain uncertain for the X-Men.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

This happened?!?!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This happened?!?!

not yet, there loads of talk, it should be announced next week.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@time1: my hope is they can bring back wolverine and the x-men cartoon and start with a second season :P :D

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time1: my hope is they can bring back wolverine and the x-men cartoon and start with a second season :P :D

I would prefer a new cartoon.

@time1: I hope it does.

we see, do you have any concerns

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By HAWK2916

While Fox Xmen has it's problems the MCU is cluttered as is and everything is just shallow for the most part. I think comics explained on YouTube did an excellent video about phase 1 of the Xmen in the MCU that touches on some of this.

I think the concern of people getting tired of superhero movies and it coinciding with the Avengers original cast possibly retiring is a valid concern. I also happen to think that the possible retirements could lead to the Xmen in particular taking over the Avengers role in the MCU and being the go to franchise in the next phases of Marvel movies. The question or concern is...will moviegoers be tired of the superhero movies by then? Will there be enough time to build the universe like what was done for the Avengers or would it be a rush job like what's happening over in the DC movie universe? Will they just seek to keep things separate and leave it at that or is absolutely mandatory that everything be tied together? I don't know but I think having it all linked may present some problems like what we have in comics. I do know that with the Disney name behind a movie and the possible larger budget, we might get even better casting for the movies, which in Hollywood many times the names drive the movie initially more so than the content at times. For the Xmen that could be a good thing.

I'm not into the games and merchandising stuff. But I do know that this is the big money maker for comic creators these days. Having the band or frosty reception lifted on Xmen stuff could be beneficial for the comics which is what I'm concerned about.

For me a hope that I have is that yeah the cartoons come back. Build the fan base up from the younger generation but also my hope morer rooted in the streaming stuff like Netflix and Hulu and eventually Disney's own service. I think many of the Xmen stories and particularly the solos would work better on these platforms much in line with how Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Punisher have been done. A Wolverine solo Netflix series would be huge. Same with a Gambit story and even Madrox and Xfactor if they go in that direction. Seeing what they did with Legion...having a Professor X story fleshed out would be good too. The movies can focus on the team and let the shows flesh out characters more. I also think streaming is where Disney can be allowed to go darker because the Netflix series are dark and to me alot of the themes for the Xmen is very much in line with the tone of those series

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1

@hawk2916 said:

While Fox Xmen has it's problems the MCU is cluttered as is and everything is just shallow for the most part. I think comics explained on YouTube did an excellent video about phase 1 of the Xmen in the MCU that touches on some of this.

I think the concern of people getting tired of superhero movies and it coinciding with the Avengers original cast possibly retiring is a valid concern. I also happen to think that the possible retirements could lead to the Xmen in particular taking over the Avengers role in the MCU and being the go to franchise in the next phases of Marvel movies. The question or concern is...will moviegoers be tired of the superhero movies by then? Will there be enough time to build the universe like what was done for the Avengers or would it be a rush job like what's happening over in the DC movie universe? Will they just seek to keep things separate and leave it at that or is absolutely mandatory that everything be tied together? I don't know but I think having it all linked may present some problems like what we have in comics. I do know that with the Disney name behind a movie and the possible larger budget, we might get even better casting for the movies, which in Hollywood many times the names drive the movie initially more so than the content at times. For the Xmen that could be a good thing.

I'm not into the games and merchandising stuff. But I do know that this is the big money maker for comic creators these days. Having the band or frosty reception lifted on Xmen stuff could be beneficial for the comics which is what I'm concerned about.

For me a hope that I have is that yeah the cartoons come back. Build the fan base up from the younger generation but also my hope morer rooted in the streaming stuff like Netflix and Hulu and eventually Disney's own service. I think many of the Xmen stories and particularly the solos would work better on these platforms much in line with how Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Punisher have been done. A Wolverine solo Netflix series would be huge. Same with a Gambit story and even Madrox and Xfactor if they go in that direction. Seeing what they did with Legion...having a Professor X story fleshed out would be good too. The movies can focus on the team and let the shows flesh out characters more. I also think streaming is where Disney can be allowed to go darker because the Netflix series are dark and to me alot of the themes for the Xmen is very much in line with the tone of those series

I'm gonna have to check out that video on utube. I do feel there a lot uncertainty on how Marvel could handle the X-Men. I do feel they will handle some characters better, particular Cyclops, maybe Emma. Hopefully Rogue and Gambit.

If there crossover with the Avengers, I still don't think the X-Men will be respected, Unless they make more money than the Avengers films, Civil war and whatever Infinity war makes. If Marvel X-Men film can can top them, then maybe.

Once the older cast of Avengers retired , I'm be concern about how people will still be interested in comic book films, particular general moviegoers.

Having the band or frosty reception lifted on Xmen stuff could be beneficial for the comics which is what I'm concerned about

Could you expand on this and why your worried..

I agree having new cartoons will build the fan base up from the younger generation. It will get kids caring more about the X-Men franchise rather then the lame Avengers.

I would love there to be a Wolverine Netflix series, I would Loved X-force series as well. The Punisher was pretty good. The solo Netflix type shows for X-Men would be great.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time1: I was just saying that as opposed to merchandise and video games and what not I'm more concerned or maybe interested is a better word in the impact on comics. I do believe there were some restrictions placed on the Xmen comics and they haven't had the push or support recently that other franchises have had. I mean in all honesty good business would say don't promote what you don't own outright which seems to be what was done. Im hoping that if everything comes back under one umbrella then these will be lifted thus making the comics more attractive to the better writers because they won't be so restricted or they won't be dealing with hidden agendas and what not. It just makes me think Jeff Lemire's run on Extraordinary and how in an interview he flat out said that working on the Xmen books was a nightmare and that's largely because of the X-office and editorial mandates.

Yeah I don't think an AVX would go well either. Not unless you some how changed things drastically and used a different set of Avengers maybe starting with Black Panther or something. But I don't see it working at all really. I also think we may be close to venturing into the too little too late zone for this stuff considering how long the original avengers cast has been around now.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1

@hawk2916 said:

@time1: I was just saying that as opposed to merchandise and video games and what not I'm more concerned or maybe interested is a better word in the impact on comics. I do believe there were some restrictions placed on the Xmen comics and they haven't had the push or support recently that other franchises have had. I mean in all honesty good business would say don't promote what you don't own outright which seems to be what was done. Im hoping that if everything comes back under one umbrella then these will be lifted thus making the comics more attractive to the better writers because they won't be so restricted or they won't be dealing with hidden agendas and what not. It just makes me think Jeff Lemire's run on Extraordinary and how in an interview he flat out said that working on the Xmen books was a nightmare and that's largely because of the X-office and editorial mandates.

Yeah I don't think an AVX would go well either. Not unless you some how changed things drastically and used a different set of Avengers maybe starting with Black Panther or something. But I don't see it working at all really. I also think we may be close to venturing into the too little too late zone for this stuff considering how long the original avengers cast has been around now.

oh I see, there were definitely restrictions working on the X-Men titles , forcing the lame Inhumans on us. I still think there be some of restrictions, not too mention influence movies have on the comics. When Marvel gets the rights back. I'm sure Marvel will care more about the X-Men. If you have good writers on the X-Men comics they will sell.

Not sure how I feel about a Avengers crossover with X-Men, just that I'm worried about how the popular movies will be after some of the main cast retired. Will people still care, comic books fans will, not sure about anyone else.

There nothing but uncertainty and possibilities for the X-Men and there fans now

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HAWK2916

@time1: yeah I largely agree with you on that. It's why I kinda feel like it's too little too late. The comic book source material for AVX was not great to begin with so back movie based on it would have a lot of work to do. I'd rather not see it. That is unless they decided to pull from the old Xmen vs Avengers conflicts that centered around Magneto and even Xavier's efforts to teform him etc. Or if somehow they decided to push the House of M story and flesh out the conflict as an Avengers vs Xmen showdown that may work. But who knows it would take some creativity and real attention to detail to pull it off. Aside from all that though I happen to think maybe a bit of a saving grace may be that if people are not tired of the superhero movie genre and the main cast is on the downside of their run or retiring then that leaves an open stage for the Xmen movies to step in and take their place. And to eliminate any confusion and issues with fandom calling the movies something like Marvel's Xmen or Uncanny Xmen should easily cover this

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry I'm just not into global order conglomerates having monopolies on kind of everything.

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MrAbductor

@adamtrmm said:

I'm sorry I'm just not into global order conglomerates having monopolies on kind of everything.

If Disney doesn't buy them, they will get assimilated into Netflix sooner or later lol

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By njchrispatrick

My biggest fear is that the X-Men will be toned down for the sake of appealing to family audiences. I was so disappointed with the directions taken with Ultron and Ragnarok--they weren't bad movies, just not as powerful as they could've been. Marvel can do the X-Men right, but will Disney let them?

And the "superhero fatigue" is a definite concern. I'm positive that lots of people will leave the MCU fandom after Infinity War if there isn't a MAJOR draw. The only thing I'm glad of about this deal is that it's happening before Avengers 4 is set and done; they can use that movie to wean crowds off the Avengers and onto the X-Men/Fantastic Four. The X-Men can certainly sustain themselves better than any of the Avengers stuff and they are a pop icon for a reason, but they have to be allowed to grow.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time1: I mean, not too much. My only concern would be if Fox made some type of deal where they can close to full control or something like that

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

My biggest fear is that the X-Men will be toned down for the sake of appealing to family audiences. I was so disappointed with the directions taken with Ultron and Ragnarok--they weren't bad movies, just not as powerful as they could've been. Marvel can do the X-Men right, but will Disney let them?

And the "superhero fatigue" is a definite concern. I'm positive that lots of people will leave the MCU fandom after Infinity War if there isn't a MAJOR draw. The only thing I'm glad of about this deal is that it's happening before Avengers 4 is set and done; they can use that movie to wean crowds off the Avengers and onto the X-Men/Fantastic Four. The X-Men can certainly sustain themselves better than any of the Avengers stuff and they are a pop icon for a reason, but they have to be allowed to grow.

I'm honestly hoping that there isn't a AvX movie because I feel like it's not really needed and I would rather see more stories about the X-Men trying to fight against the prejudice against them then to see them fighting the avengers.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Ditto. And AvX was just a crappy story in general and I seriously doubt their ability to bring it into the MCU without bias. I mean look how much they changed Civil War to keep Tony likable, which is assuredly due to his popularity. Now I would like to see a movie like Secret Invasion--something which would feature a team-up, not a fight against one another.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

@rabbitearsblog: Ditto. And AvX was just a crappy story in general and I seriously doubt their ability to bring it into the MCU without bias. I mean look how much they changed Civil War to keep Tony likable, which is assuredly due to his popularity. Now I would like to see a movie like Secret Invasion--something which would feature a team-up, not a fight against one another.

Agree! I wouldn't mind if the Avengers and X-Men teamed up for an event, but I don't see the point in them fighting each other.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An article on movieweb.com is stating that the deal is pretty much done just needs signatures. It's also saying that Kevin Fiege already has ideas and plans for the Xmen. It's speculating that Hugh Jackman may actually come back for Avengers 4 since that's probably the thing that could coax him out of retirement from being Wolverine

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There is a lot going on here. A lot of good and bad.

I've lost a lot of respect for Disney over the years due to how they treated the X-men

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot going on here. A lot of good and bad.

I've lost a lot of respect for Disney over the years due to how they treated the X-men

weren't the x-men always the hero underdogs????? to me at least anyways

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thread. My biggest concern is Deadpool.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time1: Kevine Fiege was a producer of the first three X-films and Wolverine and The X-Men. So it seems he doesn’t really care for Cyclops that much.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could quite happily deal with shitty X-Men movies or no X-Men movies as long as this deal stops Marvel/Disney from screwing around with the X-Men comics. Slash the X-Men away from all the big events and take us back to character-driven stories where people make logical decisions based on their personalities and characteristics.

As far as the films are concerned, I'd go with one of three answers:

- Do Comics Explained idea of Xavier wiping the reality of mutants from the world only for this to be taken back by the Infinity Gauntlet's use.

- Someone does a spell/science trick to call in help from another dimension and this ends up being the X-Men. The fallout is that them being in the MCU has somehow unlocked the potential for mutant powers. Possibly link this to the Reality Gem/IF ("We need more heroes!")

- Do it where the Earth-616 timeline actually starts now in the MCU so all we have are a very, very few number of mutants (Xavier, Magneto et al) in the modern day and the explosion of mutants hasn't yet happened.

There's also a fourth angle which I'm also okay with. An X-Men MCU series that doesn't touch on the main MCU until dimensional crossover events.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HAWK2916

@dasalvadore: I'm with you on the comics side if things. Movies only come around once in a while and I can just see money and not go. The same with comics but if I have to choose I'd rather some good comics which in turn gives great source material for movies and TV shows.

I think the comics explained idea is the best one and would make for a somewhat seamless transition into the MCU. Just call it Uncanny Xmen to distinguish between the new MCU movies and the old Fox stuff

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I like that name. I'm far more interested in seeing the comics improve but having actually good X-Men films than worrying about how they'd interact with the MCU.

The thing I am interested in is what happens with the shows and films already made/in production.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time1: @hawk2916: Disney likes happy ending right? so they could make jean and scott back together LOL

they can white wash the whole psychic affair thing and say emma was mind controlling him all along(just like kitty thought emma was doing in astonishing x-men lol) the wheels are in motion :P :D XP

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Secret Wars + Avengers vs Xmen = Merged universe

Done.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Fox X-men movies a lot. They have some of my favourite CBMs and I think their movies fit the tone of the classic X-men comics perfectly. The MCU movies often end up feeling shallow or empty inside, and I would hate to see the X-men movies become like that. But generally I think more good will come out of Disney having the movie rights than bad. I would love to see X-men merchandise and would love them to make X-men video games again.