Mutants that should be omega

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some mutants that should be omega level? In my opinion Rachel Grey and Gabriel Shepherd should be one.

The omega list doesn't define the entire mutant population. It seems like they picked mutants, who were more powerful with a powerset like TP, TK, Magnetism, and etc.

When there are powersets such fire, Earth, Water, Teleporting, Strength, Speed, Probability and no mutant representing them.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I thought it had been explained that Gabriel Shepherd was not a mutant.

I'd rather there be a limited catalogue of omegas anyhow.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going GreySummers kids.

We spent the entire 90s learning that unrestrained Cable was going to be able to extinguish Stars and wipeout Apocalypse with a flick and become a virtual god.

That Nate would become a reality warping psionic nuke who could exist in every person on the planet and travel realities.

That Rachel as Mother Askani without the Phoenix would be this guardian of the timeline capable existing and casually time traveling even after her death while pulling minds and bodies through timelines and into multiple possible futures.

While I get that individually their may be mutants with each of these powers at higher levels (i.e. Tempus with time travel & Proteus/Legion with reality warping) having multiple powersets and high limitless power should count for something since even the Omegas in their powersets would have to go all out to even scratch them.

That said: I get what they were going for. You cant just be powerful, you have to be unequaled in a specific power while also being unmatched even in theory.

So while Nate might be more powerful then Jean going all out. If we look at Jean's TP feats of beating the Phoenix, dispersing and reconstructing her body in hours (it took Nate years) and then draining psionic energy across a planet....ALL with less strain.

It's not hard to see that if Jean truly pushed herself to the brink she wouldnt be matched by Nate, Cable or Rachel in pure TP.

You cant just be the strongest with your powers, you have to be so potentially powerful that no one could surpass you if you reached your full potential.

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madelyne Pryor

Selene

Apocalypse

Gabriel Shepherd is Omega something.

barretstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel Girl.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Dazzler. And just to annoy Hickman, Egg.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: dazzler was once a herald of galactus. she could be omega too.

RACHEL IS THE FIRST OMEGA MUTANT. OMEGA IS HER REAL LAST NAME =)

Rogue should be one too, especially when she absorbed wonder man's powers - they should bring power recall back

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Grey-Summers children.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By X_insignia1

@koays:

Impressive by Jean, but the psionic energy transformation can't really be compared imo, Nate's entire essence/consciousness was spread across EVERY living thing across the planet (far greater scope) + was meant to keep the Harvester away. After that initial conversion he started doing it rather casually during the Dark X-Men run.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: See that's pretty much the theme of what i was saying.

Jean isn't on that level. But the fact that a 16 year old version of her was able to psionically reconstruct her body from scratch by draining the psychic energy from hundreds or thousands of symbiotes.

It means that the potential is there for one day replicating the feat.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

Jubilee and Prestige

TheHercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not Storm!

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel. And I’m really beginning to not like the decisions being made in the Hickmanverse.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: I KNOW RIGHT?! hickman gave us a really big picture. from full throttle, he slowed things down to first gear and it seems like it's not getting anywhere.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix:

There are some real issues. People have different personalities now. The list of Omega Mutants and the reasoning behind it is well, dumb. The resurrection protocols have zero place in an X title. Kitty suddenly demanding to be called Kate is a lame idea, and why the heck is Rachel’s hair turning brown after being a redhead since the 80s. Ugh!!!

The X-Men at their core have always been about the outcasts of society coming together to form a family. What we’re seeing here isn’t that at all.

This isn’t a family unit coming together during trials and tribulations. This is a pushy, aggressive and narcissist cast of thousands engaging in an exercise of nation building.

Xavier’s dream was always coexistence between humans and mutants. Now it’s, we will replace you!

I’m going to stop calling these titles the X-Men and start calling them the Hick-Men, because that’s how different the characters are acting since he took over.

That being said, has it all been bad? No. The reimagining of Moira was brilliant. Sinister transitioning to a mutant was handled well and Betsy should have been Captain Britain a long time ago. Just please, someone get her a new costume.

Hickman can write, anyone can easily see that, but just because you can imagine something doesn’t mean you should actually do it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Theres alot to unpack here....

But the core issue I wanna touch on is Rachel's hair.....which is clearly falling out as a result of stress from finally forming a proper family unit with Scott, Jean, and Cable only to have her "Uncle" Wolverine move into the room next to moms.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

It was a pretty nice little rant wasn’t it?

Still, I am becoming increasingly unsatisfied with direction Hickman is taking the Hick-Men titles.

Oh well!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Lol....its fine.

See I support it because THANK GOD it's so much more interesting and different then everything weve been reading.

Its a fresh take for the 616 X-Men and I'm gonna love seeing what the next step is after their done with the "establishing the new stat quo" element.

The flaws are all there though. But I'm not ripping on it the way I probably would if say Cyclops and RoboRachel showed up in a Guggenheim or Taylor book written this way....but considering Hickman is just getting a feel for characters I'm pretty sure he wasnt deeply connected too I'm giving the creative about another 6 months to breathe since I AM enjoying as much as I'm critical about.

It's just me personally though.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

I’m willing to give him another 6 months as well, but so far they just don’t feel like X-Men titles.

I would forgive a lot though if they would stop messing with Rachel and make her a red headed omega mutant again. ;p

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukadoncicmvp: I’m pretty sure Jean being the resident Omega would make Madelyne the resident Omega by proxy. The only reason Madelyne isn’t specifically named is because of the no clones rule put in place.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stryfe

fenristhewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable/Stryfe/Nate should be Omegas and pretty much have been listed as such from the start. I kind of like Rachel as an Omega too, but damn, that's a lot of psychic Summerses on the list.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, not that many. I think Hickman's take on the Omega business is nonsense. I mean, it was better without his tweaks. The division of reality warpers to "quantum/psionic/universal" is closer to jocularity than to sincere understanding of the phenomenon.

I don't even think that Storm and Magneto should be there too.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I don’t necessarily agree. I think Hickman has given more a concrete idea of what makes an Omega than ever before, when prior to him, it was vague like ‘Beyond Omega’ or ‘potential Omega’.

I think the problem I have had more to do with how small the list is. There are obvious problems with some of the listings, but we at least have something concrete and taken away any possible upgrades to an already powerful group or taken away any questions as to what makes an Omega to begin with.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Darwin should be classified as an Omega more than Storm.

I mean he's unkillable and from what we know he can easily reach Hela's level.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By adamTRMM

@pyrofn said:

I don’t necessarily agree. I think Hickman has given more a concrete idea of what makes an Omega than ever before, when prior to him, it was vague like ‘Beyond Omega’ or ‘potential Omega’.

I think the problem I have had more to do with how small the list is. There are obvious problems with some of the listings, but we at least have something concrete and taken away any possible upgrades to an already powerful group or taken away any questions as to what makes an Omega to begin with.

But the new definition is just words. The "most powerful in the field is the Omega" is a pretty dull idea. Beforehand it was those who didn't have any known limits to how vast their powers could grow. It only fell flat when those chars that were supposed to be Omegas never really grew to resemble that notion (Jean and Rachel without Phoenix, Nate without the tattoo, Vulcan without Darwin, just from the top of my head... kinda funny how many examples there are). There was also the whole business with the sub-banner of Omega level telepaths which was also nice and now it's gone since only one telepath can be Omega... again, lame af. Exodus, Apocalypse and Magneto are all powerhouses that didn't need to be Omegas to beat most of the Omegas... Omega is not just about current power level, but that there was no known limit to how powerful they can become. I liked that explanation much better than whatever Hickman has contributed.

Beyond Omega and potential Omega is stupid, though. Those spins shouldn't have been there to begin with.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gwenpool is a mutant now. So her

Xspectre32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my guess is that they wanted to limit the amount of Omega level mutants by labeling the ones that are as the "top of the class" which within itself is still kind of a stretch because we 2 omega level telepaths and a few reality manipulators thou they are on different levels in terms of scale. even still Xavier, Emma & rachel should still currently be up there. i can see Nate no longer being mentioned as he is gone... im guessing. Apocalypse is an immortal but there is also a whole group of mutant immortals and most of his other powers are due to celestial tech. also if Hope is an Omega level then her version #1(Synch) should be labeled as well or even over her as it was stated years ago that eventually he would retain all the powers he absorbs with Rogue running closely behind.