Most powerful mutants with "untapped" potential

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rebelpunk13

Theoretically Kitty could defeat pretty much any Marvel character by phasing through them and pulling out their organs or phasing any weapon (sword, pipe, bullet, etc) through an opponents head. So basically she could defeat the Juggernaut or even the Hulk by phasing through them and ripping out their heart..if she wanted too. Imagine Kitty Pryde with a Magneto helmet? Telepaths couldn't stop her, She would be truely unstoppable
Theoretically Kitty could defeat pretty much any Marvel character by phasing through them and pulling out their organs or phasing any weapon (sword, pipe, bullet, etc) through an opponents head. So basically she could defeat the Juggernaut or even the Hulk by phasing through them and ripping out their heart..if she wanted too. Imagine Kitty Pryde with a Magneto helmet? Telepaths couldn't stop her, She would be truely unstoppable

Genesis, this one is obvious. He's a freaking clone of one of the most powerful mutants of all time!
Genesis, this one is obvious. He's a freaking clone of one of the most powerful mutants of all time!

Iceman. We saw what Iceman can really do with his powers but through the form of an alternative Iceman...Age of Apocalypse Iceman. He can basically duplicate an infinitt amount of avatars of himself in battle, make large godzilla sized avatars, etc. Even Wolverine made a comment while battling AOA Iceman and how he has far greater potential with he's powers but the 616 version doesn't tap into in.
Iceman. We saw what Iceman can really do with his powers but through the form of an alternative Iceman...Age of Apocalypse Iceman. He can basically duplicate an infinitt amount of avatars of himself in battle, make large godzilla sized avatars, etc. Even Wolverine made a comment while battling AOA Iceman and how he has far greater potential with he's powers but the 616 version doesn't tap into in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Elixir, Iceman, possibly Dust, Lifeguard, Magik. I'll add more if I think of them, I have a whole list sitting around somewhere.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CheeseSticks

Elixir, Iceman, Magneto, Gambit, etc. I can't think of anyone else right now.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Chamber

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman and jean grey. Plus jean doesn't need the phoenix to be a threat she is already an omega-level threat. Also can kill you at the speed of thought, ouch. Also can pull your heart out from your body uses tk or split you in half

No Caption Provided

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would also add Quentin Quire

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would also add Storm. There is much more she could do with weather manipulation and she also has latent magical potential that has is still notably untapped. Her bloodline includes a Sorceress Supreme and another powerful witch Ashake.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

possibilities for jean, rachel, cable, x-man and legion are endless.

wait, are cable and x-man omega level mutants?

i really wish storm would have a new powerset or 2nd mutation

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

possibilities for jean, rachel, cable, x-man and legion are endless.

wait, are cable and x-man omega level mutants?

i really wish storm would have a new powerset or 2nd mutation

cable & nate were both originally omega level mutants- cable rarely used his upper level powers due to his TO virus & nate at first because his powers were killing him, then he became the shaman & was even more powerful then they (Marvel) took his powers away.

jean, rachel, cable, x-man, vulcan, franklin richards, elixer, legion, synch, storm, iceman, genesis, & rogues powers can still be further advanced.

Jean, rachel, cable, & x-man are all powerful telepaths/telekenitics when they powers are at max with rachel even having limited power over time. all are capable of tapping into or becoming the host of the phoenix by blood rite.

iceman & storm are elementals- iceman still hasnt fully developed his power. storm has been shown in multiple futures being able to take on an elemental form turning into the varies elements under her control & has magic in her blood.

Legion- self explanitory. but whose to say he cant once he has his brain under control manifest any power he sees fit without having to create a persona to go with them.

franklin richards- self explanitory

vulcan- above omega level engery manipulater

Elixer- omega level healer- can alter the genetics of himself and others, unlocking or even deactivating powers

darwin- again self explanitory, constant evolution

Synch- was stated that he can snych with not only mutants but any form of superbeing.... thats why they killed him off

Rogue- she has conscious control of her absorption but whose to say that she wont be able to recall powers at will just that she needs to absorb lifeform from others(anyone) to tap into those powers

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellion

No Caption Provided

Jubilee - While training in Generation X, Emma Frost described Jubilee as having the untapped potential to detonate matter at a sub-atomic level, which in theory is the equivalent of a fusion bomb. Her moral stance on taking a life was observed by Emma during the "Phalanx Covenant" when Jubilee explained her fear of killing someone should her powers ever flare up again as they did during the "Acts of Vengeance" storyline in Uncanny X-Men where she destroyed an entire house during a panicked moment. Emma Frost stated that Jubilee had unlimited potential and was one of the most powerful mutants she had ever encountered. Her Age of Apocalypse alternate had minimal qualms in this regard, and made liberal use of her full powers.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By angelalfonso

Franklin Richard is a “god” made mutant, he has the potential to do everything he can imagine. Even celestials are afraid of him.

No Caption Provided

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how old is franklin now? he's supposed to marry rachel

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

@darthphoenix:

I think they might replace Rachel with Hope actually, certainly Rachel+Franklin never happens in 616.

If Legion will ever put his sh*t together he will be unstoppable. Another one I'm really interested in is Vulcan, Omega-level energy manipulator that can even absorb magic as a form of energy? Damn that guy could have become literally godlike having control over 4 fundamental forces, all the elements and kinetic/ambient/magic/all-other-kinds of energies control.

And please let Magneto manipulate actual EMS, this metal-mover he was this decade is embarrassing. Damn even the metal manipulation he does is so boring, even I can think of a more interesting stuff to do with this than throwing iron objects all the time.

And I don't think Cable was ever stated as Omega.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I still can't shake past Legion and Franklin as the most dangerous mutants.

We also now have scarlet witch junior evidently destined to be the demuirge and re write the very laws of magic across universes.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@darthphoenix:

Pretty sure he has been. If not, then I know Nate has and of course he's just another version of Cable so....

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM

@nathaniel_christopher:

Yes, Nate was, but I don't get how is he omega if his powers were killing him. Isn't the whole concept of omega-level is an unlimited potential? And then he evolved into an energy-being, and his body still couldn't contain his potential? I think this whole thing was handled poorly.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

Yes, Nate was, but I don't get how is he omega if his powers were killing him. Isn't the whole concept of omega-level is an unlimited potential? And then he evolved into an energy-being, and his body still couldn't contain his potential? I think this whole thing was handled poorly.

Remember, he was created in a lab, not born. So that he'd never turn on his master (Sinister from AOA) he was specifically designed so that his powers would burn, and burn, until they eventually killed him. In this way he was basically dying as his powers grew. Sinister only intended him to live long enough to kill AOA Apocalypse and then die so he wouldn't be a threat. Had he been born naturally like Cable this obviously would've been impossible (Though some genetic alteration could've probably still been done.) Once Nate's problem was fixed however he had no problem controlling and using his abilities, and once he became an energy being he only gained even greater abilities.

I agree though, he wasn't always handled the best, though in general I don't think many Omega Level Mutants are. Vulcan, Jean, Bobby, Legion, etc.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachey Grey, Jean Grey (she has a lot of good showings as an Omega level Telepath/Telekinetic, but her storylines have a bad habit of being cut off in favor of rehashing Phoenix Crap Drama), Lorna Dane, Angelica Jones (if she used the full extent of her powers, she could cause severe permanent damage to Earth's atmosphere), Bobby Drake, Illyana Rasputin, Xian Coy Manh and Paige Guthrie.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XsPectre28

@adamtrmm said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

Remember, he was created in a lab, not born. So that he'd never turn on his master (Sinister from AOA) he was specifically designed so that his powers would burn, and burn, until they eventually killed him. In this way he was basically dying as his powers grew. Sinister only intended him to live long enough to kill AOA Apocalypse and then die so he wouldn't be a threat. Had he been born naturally like Cable this obviously would've been impossible (Though some genetic alteration could've probably still been done.) Once Nate's problem was fixed however he had no problem controlling and using his abilities, and once he became an energy being he only gained even greater abilities.

I agree though, he wasn't always handled the best, though in general I don't think many Omega Level Mutants are. Vulcan, Jean, Bobby, Legion, etc.

pretty much & cable was classed as omega but he never used his upper level powers because if he did he would control over the TO virus.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

husk! I really hope marvel would explore her powers more

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

Nate Gray.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By adamTRMM

@nathaniel_christopher:

Where was it all explained about X-man? His own run? I've only read a number of issues. Anyways, he still shouldn't pass as omega then, since he is limited. And Cable was only stated as omega-level telekinetic, not a mutant in general. The same way omega-level telepaths are not omega level mutants, neither he is, which is odd. Of course any writer can change that :) What I'll say, the whole concept doesn't seem to matter since Marvel just cannot handle powerhouses especially mutants without them burning themselves (X-man, Magneto), going nuts (Legion, Sentry, SW), being downplayed (Rachel, Iceman, Thor, Vulcan, Storm, Magneto again) or for the sake of a plot device (Franklin, Cable) plus honorable mention Absolom evolving into another plane of limb.. sorry, existence. So we can dream, but this loop is endless and isn't going to change I believe.

I also want to add Elixir, omega level biokinetic is something new to the X-stories, the whole ultimate healer vs. ultimate one-touch killer was nice, but I totally see him evolving into a Prototype-like bio-insanity with a wide range of abilities ala Sublime possession/hive mind and personal-matter-manipulation. I don't think tough many will like a golden boy turn into this, but that's me :)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Aren't mutants actually the result of Celestial genetic tampering? If that is still the case, it makes sense that they are a leap over the next few steps of the species' evolution, since it would be unnatural and not gradual.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think fantomex could really be unstoppable if he really wanted to be. His powers of persuasion are amazing and with his intelligence dont get me started. Charles Xavier too. I know hes supposedly the worlds most powerful telepath but he hasnt done much that showed he was that powerful.

Avatar image for trinity_stormbreaker
trinity_stormbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Scarlet Witch has untapped potential. Despite what she's already done in the past, I think she's capable of a lot more. I'd point out that by extension her son Wiccan would be in the same category, because his powers are a carbon copy of hers, but that only brings up the question of whether or not he is actually classified as a mutant? Does Wiccan actually have the X-gene?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

Where was it all explained about X-man? His own run? I've only read a number of issues. Anyways, he still shouldn't pass as omega then, since he is limited. And Cable was only stated as omega-level telekinetic, not a mutant in general. The same way omega-level telepaths are not omega level mutants, neither he is, which is odd. Of course any writer can change that :) What I'll say, the whole concept doesn't seem to matter since Marvel just cannot handle powerhouses especially mutants without them burning themselves (X-man, Magneto), going nuts (Legion, Sentry, SW), being downplayed (Rachel, Iceman, Thor, Vulcan, Storm, Magneto again) or for the sake of a plot device (Franklin, Cable) plus honorable mention Absolom evolving into another plane of limb.. sorry, existence. So we can dream, but this loop is endless and isn't going to change I believe.

I also want to add Elixir, omega level biokinetic is something new to the X-stories, the whole ultimate healer vs. ultimate one-touch killer was nice, but I totally see him evolving into a Prototype-like bio-insanity with a wide range of abilities ala Sublime possession/hive mind and personal-matter-manipulation. I don't think tough many will like a golden boy turn into this, but that's me :)

Yes within his own run. He's also not, and never was limited. He always had power on the scale of an Omega Level mutant. The only diff. is that it would eventually kill him. However that problem was fixed years ago.

Nate was an Omega Level mutant, so again Cable should also be, whether they choose to say Telekinetic or Telepath or mutant. Same abilities, same potential for the most part. Cable's just usually nerfed due to the virus.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By adamTRMM

@nathaniel_christopher:

Yeah but wasn't it all depended on this tattoo on his chest to keep his powers in check? Magneto is also a powerful mutant, but what doesn't make him an omega is his physical limitations. So if Nate has a limitation (to be finally burned out if there's no solution) he shouldn't be considered omega as well. You don't have to be to be omega to be so powerful, just look at SW. My point. :)

As for Cable, you see Exiles Mimic was a mutant, while 616 isn't, so even if Nate is considered omega it doesn't automatically makes Cable the same. Him being omega level telekinetic means he telekinesis can achieve anything finally, not himself evolving into, let's say, energy being ala Nate.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

Yeah but wasn't it all depended on this tattoo on his chest to keep his powers in check? Magneto is also a powerful mutant, but what doesn't make him an omega is his physical limitations. So if Nate has a limitation (to be finally burned out if there's no solution) he shouldn't be considered omega as well. You don't have to be to be omega to be so powerful, just look at SW. My point. :)

As for Cable, you see Exiles Mimic was a mutant, while 616 isn't, so even if Nate is considered omega it doesn't automatically makes Cable the same. Him being omega level telekinetic means he telekinesis can achieve anything finally, not himself evolving into, let's say, energy being ala Nate.

The tattoo, like all tats, is permanent and fixed the issue that Sinister built into his DNA. The tattoo is the solution. He has no limitation, save the fact he's currently been somewhat de-powered, similar to Cable. At his max, he's an Omega Level Mutant. That's canon. Again, the problem was fixed a long time ago.

Except both Nate and Cable are mutants, unlike Mimic. And what's more, both Nate and Cable have basically been written as opposite versions of each other (Which they are of course) with both suffering from something that limited their vast potential. Difference is that Nate got his fixed, whereas Cable's keeps coming back. Nate was originally just an alternate version of Cable who didn't have the TO Virus. Also, he's a mutant with Omega Level Telekinetic Abilities, making him an Omega Level Mutant lol his powers are directly related to him being a mutant, not anything else. If his powers, at their peak are omega level, at his peak he's Omega level. There's no distinction. If a mutant telepath is Omega Level, that's an Omega Level mutant.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By w0nd

@rebelpunk13 said:

I would also add Quentin Quire

how is his offense? I only seen him make a...psychic shotgun

@adamtrmm said:

@darthphoenix:

Pretty sure he has been. If not, then I know Nate has and of course he's just another version of Cable so....

idkkk his powers go up and down, i mean at one point he was fighting the silver surfer destroying things at the sub atomic level and putting them back together during the battle so there would be less collateral damage

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By adamTRMM

@nathaniel_christopher:

Nate getting finally burned out is my exact point, I'm not saying he isn't omega, I'm saying maybe he shouldn't be in theory. And omega-level something doesn't make one an omega-level mutant, you see omega telepaths can achieve anything telepathically in the end of their evolution, while omega mutants can achieve that in anything, omega telepath were never consideres OL mutants in general because their potential stops at telepathy, same with any other mutant ability only.

Actually, I have a question for QQ fans, didn't he achieve a new level by the end of the 'Riot at the Mansion' how was it played out since he is all physical now? I'm not really following him, just interested in this case.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

Nate getting finally burned out is my exact point, I'm not saying he isn't omega, I'm saying maybe he shouldn't be in theory. And omega-level something doesn't make one an omega-level mutant, you see omega telepaths can achieve anything telepathically in the end of their evolution, while omega mutants can achieve that in anything, omega telepath were never consideres OL mutants in general because their potential stops at telepathy, same with any other mutant ability only.

Actually, I have a question for QQ fans, didn't he achieve a new level by the end of the 'Riot at the Mansion' how was it played out since he is all physical now? I'm not really following him, just interested in this case.

He didn't get finally burned out though. His powers were taken away from him and limited by a machine. That's not a product of his body failing him. That's someone else screwing with his body.

A Mutant with Telepathy as his power, that's Omega Level, is an Omega Level Mutant. Any mutant telepath that's been stated to be Omega Level is an Omega Level Mutant. Also, all that being Omega Level for a mutants means is that they're able to use whatever mutant ability they have at a certain level. All Omega Level Mutants (Bobby, Jean, Nate, etc.) are only able to use the powers they naturally have. You seem to be under the impression they can go outside those powers and learn any ability, as if Bobby could do something beyond his abilities with ice, which is completely false.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

He didn't get finally burned out though. His powers were taken away from him and limited by a machine. That's not a product of his body failing him. That's someone else screwing with his body.

A Mutant with Telepathy as his power, that's Omega Level, is an Omega Level Mutant. Any mutant telepath that's been stated to be Omega Level is an Omega Level Mutant. Also, all that being Omega Level for a mutants means is that they're able to use whatever mutant ability they have at a certain level. All Omega Level Mutants (Bobby, Jean, Nate, etc.) are only able to use the powers they naturally have. You seem to be under the impression they can go outside those powers and learn any ability, as if Bobby could do something beyond his abilities with ice, which is completely false.

the burn out part was part of his original storyline, after he became the Mutant Shaman he was no longer plagued by the burn out he became even more powerful then he was before but between Sugarman & Weapon Omega he lost most of his powers now he's a low level that has to train to get back to the power level he was.... stop with all the hate on Cable & Nate.... all of Scott & Jean's Children are omega, deal with it.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

@adamtrmm said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

the burn out part was part of his original storyline, after he became the Mutant Shaman he was no longer plagued by the burn out he became even more powerful then he was before but between Sugarman & Weapon Omega he lost most of his powers now he's a low level that has to train to get back to the power level he was.... stop with all the hate on Cable & Nate.... all of Scott & Jean's Children are omega, deal with it.

Pretty much. The entire Summers/Grey bloodline is destined for greatness. There's a reason Sinister, master of genetics, took such an interest in them.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By adamTRMM

I don't remember the context, if this is Sugar man's doing and messing with him, then it's acceptable, if it's Nate using his powers (because SM made him do this via this machine) without a rest THEN getting burned, that's what I meant because it's how I remembered that.

Being Omega-level mutant means to endlessly evolve, until they are beyond physical/corporal existence - Iceman is beyond that, Nate was beyond that, Absalom is, and that's the point of this OLM concept. Omega class TPs cannot evolve beyond their TP, so you misread the idea.

What the hell..? Since when discussing a character means hate? Nate is one of my favorite omegas actually, I relly hated that poor Dark X-men minis, when Osborn schooled such a powerful telepath like him. But if Nate being OLM is the only thing that makes you like him, it's your problem not mine. Cable was never mentioned as OL mutant, only telekinetic, it's canon, deal with it yourself. Make your research.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

I don't remember the context, if this is Sugar man's doing and messing with him, then it's acceptable, if it's Nate using his powers (because SM made him do this via this machine) without a rest THEN getting burned, that's what I meant because it's how I remembered that.

Being Omega-level mutant means to endlessly evolve, until they are beyond physical/corporal existence - Iceman is beyond that, Nate was beyond that, Absalom is, and that's the point of this OLM concept. Omega class TPs cannot evolve beyond their TP, so you misread the idea.

What the hell..? Since when discussing a character means hate? Nate is one of my favorite omegas actually, I relly hated that poor Dark X-men minis, when Osborn schooled such a powerful telepath like him. But if Nate being OLM is the only thing that makes you like him, it's your problem not mine. Cable was never mentioned as OL mutant, only telekinetic, it's canon, deal with it yourself. Make your research.

Already stated, it was Sugar Man sucking away Nate's powers and leaving a lasting effect on them, weakening him. It had/has nothing to do with Nate personally.

First off, at no point do I remember any such definition of Omega Level Mutants being given, or even a firm definition of the term. Generally, it means nothing more than that particular mutant having the highest potential for their particular power set. It doesn't mean they have particular powers, simply that the powers they do have are at an unprecedented level. There's no evolving beyond anything, they'll still always have their original powers, simply at a higher level.

Cable's mutant power is TK, it's Omega Level TK=Omega Level Mutant.

audiszayd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebelpunk13 Although Kitty can take on most people... there are a few who can take her out pretty easily. Like a telekinetic taking her apart at the sub atomic level... or going against Nitro and getting to close to him he could just self denominate and she's vaporized. Also she can burn easily...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already stated, it was Sugar Man sucking away Nate's powers and leaving a lasting effect on them, weakening him. It had/has nothing to do with Nate personally.

First off, at no point do I remember any such definition of Omega Level Mutants being given, or even a firm definition of the term. Generally, it means nothing more than that particular mutant having the highest potential for their particular power set. It doesn't mean they have particular powers, simply that the powers they do have are at an unprecedented level. There's no evolving beyond anything, they'll still always have their original powers, simply at a higher level.

Here, I'll help you :)

http://marvel.wikia.com/Mutant_Power_Level_Classification

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Here, I'll help you :)

http://marvel.wikia.com/Mutant_Power_Level_Classification

"Mutant power classifications have never been fully explained."

Yes, thank you so much for giving me a link that says exactly what I stated and nothing about them evolving beyond their abilities as you tried to claim. I personally don't use any wiki as a source, and tend to stick to the comics or scans, but hey i'm not gonna knock you for doing it. Once again, thanks.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, thank you so much for giving me a link that says exactly what I stated and nothing about them evolving beyond their abilities as you tried to claim. I personally don't use any wiki as a source, and tend to stick to the comics or scans, but hey i'm not gonna knock you for doing it. Once again, thanks.

I agree, but they are pretty accurate actually, not talking about the whole source, only this particular page. The point you completely overlooked for some reason was in this statement:

The term, initially "Omega Level Mutant Abilities" was seemingly used at first by Fred Duncan, and quickly adopted by Charles Xavier to define some of his first students, and was described in those terms: "Yet what he called Omega (the last) he meant as regards to an "ultimate threat,' while I simply prefer to think of such mutant abilities as unlimited potential.

To be precised that the Omega Level Telepaths or Telekinetics aren't presumably necessary Omega Level Mutants, as well as Omega Level Mutants telepaths or telekinetics aren't necessary of Omega Level concerning those powers.

And explanation (which as I said, pretty accurate, what is important) comes right after the only quote you decided to post here. But, it's OK, my point wasn't to enforce my vision, only to discuss.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

I agree, but they are pretty accurate actually, not talking about the whole source, only this particular page. The point you completely overlooked for some reason was in this statement:

The term, initially "Omega Level Mutant Abilities" was seemingly used at first by Fred Duncan, and quickly adopted by Charles Xavier to define some of his first students, and was described in those terms: "Yet what he called Omega (the last) he meant as regards to an "ultimate threat,' while I simply prefer to think of such mutant abilities as unlimited potential.

To be precised that the Omega Level Telepaths or Telekinetics aren't presumably necessary Omega Level Mutants, as well as Omega Level Mutants telepaths or telekinetics aren't necessary of Omega Level concerning those powers.

And explanation (which as I said, pretty accurate, what is important) comes right after the only quote you decided to post here. But, it's OK, my point wasn't to enforce my vision, only to discuss.

And as I said before::

And I only quoted what I did to highlight that even the source you're attempting to use doesn't back up what you're saying about Omega Level Mutants.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By adamTRMM

Iceman was a minor ice-projector before, now he controls moisture potentially on planetary level, can create duplicates of himself and be reformed from shattering to pieces, Nate was a powerful TP/TK, after that he evolved into reality warper with a body made of energy he could control and live beyond it, Absalom kinda the same, but we don't really know. What the three of them have in common? Their potential is unlimited, and it's unknowing what will happen to them next. Being Omega in particular power means being potentially unlimited just in one power, Telepathy or Telekinesis or whatever it is. The difference between OLM and not, is like comparison between Nate and Exodus, the second is not a pushover, but we've seen where Nate's potential leads him, while Exodus will remain approximately the same.

And I only quoted what I did to highlight that even the source you're attempting to use doesn't back up what you're saying about Omega Level Mutants.

Quotes from the site:

Omega Level Telekinetics

Cable was described by Havok as an Omega Level Telekinetic, during a burst of power.

To be precised that the Omega Level Telekinetics aren't presumably necessary Omega Level Mutants.
----------------------

Omega Level & Omega Class Telepaths

The mightier telepaths are considered to be part of a special category: the Omega Level, or Omega Class, Telepaths.

To be precised that the Omega Level Telepaths aren't presumably necessary Omega Level Mutants.

But nah, it doesn't back me up.

So you quoted the only sentence, which without reading the context means "there is no way of knowing how to classify mutants, because it was never explained". And then still you try to prove your own understanding? What's the point? Funny.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it that whenever I go to a x-men forum, the disucussion of the Summers/Grey family just "pops" up???

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Iceman was a minor ice-projector before, now he controls moisture potentially on planetary level, can create duplicates of himself and be reformed from shattering to pieces, Nate was a powerful TP/TK, after that he evolved into reality warper with a body made of energy he could control and live beyond it, Absalom kinda the same, but we don't really know. What the three of them have in common? Their potential is unlimited, and it's unknowing what will happen to them next. Being Omega in particular power means being potentially unlimited just in one power, Telepathy or Telekinesis or whatever it is. The difference between OLM and not, is like comparison between Nate and Exodus, the second is not a pushover, but we've seen where Nate's potential leads him, while Exodus will remain approximately the same.

Quotes from the site:

Omega Level Telekinetics

Cable was described by Havok as an Omega Level Telekinetic, during a burst of power.

To be precised that the Omega Level Telekinetics aren't presumably necessary Omega Level Mutants.
----------------------

Omega Level & Omega Class Telepaths

The mightier telepaths are considered to be part of a special category: the Omega Level, or Omega Class, Telepaths.

To be precised that the Omega Level Telepaths aren't presumably necessary Omega Level Mutants.

But nah, it doesn't back me up.

So you quoted the only sentence, which without reading the context means "there is no way of knowing how to classify mutants, because it was never explained". And then still you try to prove your own understanding? What's the point? Funny.

Uh, no he wasn't. His power-set has always been cryokinesis, with different abilities branching out from it. Just as Professor X's has always been TP. "minor ice projection" requires him to control the same moisture he controls now. The difference is now he's able to control it even further. Same basic ability taken to another level, using the same skill in a new way, etc. That's what an Omega Level Mutant is.

Nate Grey is a special case. Just like Jean Grey or Rachel Grey with the Phoenix are special cases. He received an amp that boosted his abilities, also similar to Havok getting closer to a star and having his regular powers amped. His body being made of energy wasn't a natural upgrade in ability, but a result of his battle with the Anti-Man, where he merged with him and became energy. It's no different than his current de-powered state not being due to any new issue with his powers, or the problems he used to suffer through burn out not being natural. And it's also not different than Rachel having the ability to freely manipulate matter while backed by the Phoenix.

Their potential is unlimited in terms of their set mutant abilities. They'll learn to use them in new ways and expand them, but you'll never have say Iceman using TK or a completely different ability that isn't related to his core set. That doesn't, and never has happened.

I try to prove that the definition you push for Omega Level mutant, and still continue to push is disproved by your own source. It isn't my source, so i'm not beholden to it in anything I say. In the same post I noted this, saying that wiki shouldn't ever be trusted as a credible source but that i'd gladly point out some things in it to you (Such as the fact that it disagrees with your def. of Omega Level Mutant) while you were using it. Again, you're still saying that site backs you up, i'm still saying it's a wiki and doesn't mean anything, or even make any sense, and makes even less sense for you to use it when it contradicts another point you're attempting to make.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

& Synch is still the most powerful Mutant, as to why he hasnt truly been revived.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

& before it happens no Mimic nor Hope are more powerful or the same as Synch the closest would be Rogue because she is the only other one who can take non-mutant powers like synch could.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc36411d7174
deactivated-5fc36411d7174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isolationist even though he is not a mutant