marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1354111932534562817

https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

Though this begs the question, if the fans are voting for a character to include in the team, does this mean that the x-men books aren't written yet? So far, they've had books/issues prepared like months and months in advance, but if the x-men team being formed is only going to be finalized now, then that means the upcoming x-men books featuring the team haven't even been made yet? I'm assuming that this team will be in the X-Men flagship book since it's Krakoa's first X-Men team and they made a point of having the "X-Men"

I wonder how this is supposed to work

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha.

@hopesummersforthefuture said this a month ago

"how jean and scott want to form a x-men team. what if marvel lets us x-fans vote who should be on the team like they can have a vote on there website? and make it for real"

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be funny if some lowly employee of Marvel is looking at forums for ideas....and of all people he takes Hope's.

LAWL.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha.

@hopesummersforthefuture said this a month ago

"how jean and scott want to form a x-men team. what if marvel lets us x-fans vote who should be on the team like they can have a vote on there website? and make it for real"

Would be funny if some lowly employee of Marvel is looking at forums for ideas....and of all people he takes Hope's.

LAWL.

hahahaha ha marvel stole my idea , darn it, they own me .....lol

@pyrofn@koays@ursaber@theinsufferable@ashetdust@god_spawn

it was probably hickman >.>

i keep my ideas to myself now and show them 5 years from now, LOL. <<<<<<<

im a idea maker not a writer lmao

(their was also that time from BotA, when Raze disguise himself as psylocke in the preview pages and i guess it was him like a week before the whole comic came out lol)

(also koays may be king but i kick a##)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: is it going to be new set of characters everyday? or just the one set of characters????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LAWL.

I was tagged twice by that thing because of your comment.....i demand an apology

So who is everyone Voting for?

No Caption Provided

To be honest they have alot of nice choices.

Armor- Student finally OFFICIALLY getting the bump to big leagues. Pretty much a doorway into that entire 2000's Era of X-Kids

Marrow-Outsider, Morlock connections and definitely more rebellious and unique then the other choices if only because of the amount of times she's had a chance to be a major x-man an left in the past

Forge- Would be there to have a cool dad smart guy....

Banshee-Criminally under used and experienced character.

Polaris- Has been great in all her recent X-Men features + Magneto is likely on or around this team so theres that.....brings alot to the table, but is a major player in another book.

Boom-Boom- Shes freaking Boom-Boom, she has more personality in her pinky then half the X-Roster, a great good guy wild card and she needs a good story.

Sunspot- Already has major plots being hinted too. A Hickman favorite. And has generally been one of the better written X-Characters of the last decade despite most X-Fans not noticing because it wasnt in an X-Book.

Cannonball- Hickman favorite. Also a fan favorite. Has a Shiar and New Mutant connection.....lots of great interaction potential because of how many people he interacts with.

Strong Guy- Great funny character. Underused brick. A fresh face for most X-Fans with a lot of good stories to go back to if you like him.

Tempo- Wildcard! Former Acolyte. Kinda crazy powerful. Completely different perspective from most of the X-Characters that will likely be added..... FRESH STORY POTENTIAL. And cool powers on top of it.....why the frick not???

WHO DID YOU PICK AND WHY????

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: i almost picked banshee, but then i picked Boom-Boom..........its obvious lots of people are going to pick Polaris cause shes the popular character, out of the whole group. #sorryNOTsorry

also cannolball was a good choice but he cant go anywhere without sunspot so im like "no sorry bye bye"

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I was tagged twice by that thing because of your comment.....i demand an apology

Oh please. You would have found your way in here anyways.
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Oh please. You would have found your way in here anyways.

cause koays is my cyber-stalker lmao hahahahah ha ha <.<

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also @pyrofn has no comments???? i am shocked, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL XPP

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: -_- See?

She tags you if she has a thought about what color nail polish Emma Frost uses (probably white tbh). I have very little to do with this.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: -_- See?

She tags you if she has a thought about what color nail polish Emma Frost uses (probably white tbh). I have very little to do with this.

ha ha

no! emma frost nail color is blue and blue lipstick

while, lorna's lipstick is green with green nail polish

(real fact i actually used to like blue nail polish lol, now i like purple) Purple is less flashy then red or pink......

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn where u at? where u hiding ?????? lol

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Thunderscream

@koays: I voted for Tempo. Polaris or Banshee will prolly win, but I think it shouldn't be Polaris since her father is already on the council.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Lol yea, but I kinda like that Polaris/Cyclops/Magneto dynamic from the earlier issues. I'm all for it.

I voted Armor and Boom-Boom....but it was really hard because they each bring such a different dynamic to Cyclops lead team

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted for Strong Guy

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure whats been going on or even what a comic is anymore 😕 but voted Cannonball for some reason.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@thunderscream: Lol yea, but I kinda like that Polaris/Cyclops/Magneto dynamic from the earlier issues. I'm all for it.

I voted Armor and Boom-Boom....but it was really hard because they each bring such a different dynamic to Cyclops lead team

i voted boom-boom so she can have the funny lines of the group

@invain said:

Not sure whats been going on or even what a comic is anymore 😕 but voted Cannonball for some reason.

ugh cannonball cant go anywhere without sunspot, why doesnt anyone think cannonball/ smasher/ sunspot relationship threesome????

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter. If they are letting people choose a character, that character wont be of any importance to the book. You're basically choosing a character to be window-dressing.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PyroFN

@jota23 said:

It doesn't matter. If they are letting people choose a character, that character wont be of any importance to the book. You're basically choosing a character to be window-dressing.

If the poll had much wider range of choices, I’d have agreed, but I am pretty sure Hickman purposefully limited to characters he was interested in using to begin with.

I am pretty sure Hickman is not an idiot to fall into a trap of asking for a fans input without being ready for any contingency that happens from the fan base. Hell, a couple of these choices were named in Hickman’s list of favorite X-characters. I am positive Hickman will have some plan for them if they are chosen.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:

If the poll had much wider range of choices, I’d have agreed, but I am pretty sure Hickman purposefully limited to characters he was interested in using to begin with.

I am pretty sure Hickman is not an idiot to fall into a trap of asking for a fans input without being ready for any contingency that happens from the fan base. Hell, a couple of these choices were named in Hickman’s list of favorite X-characters. I am positive Hickman will have some plan for them if they are chosen.

its seems unbiased to me cause out of all of them all, only polaris is the popular choice, votes are rigged cause we cant see who's leading after we voted.!!!!!! :/ *grumpy face*

also very funny

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:

If it were a lot less characters in the poll, I would believe that. The way it is, I think he has ideas for 2 or 3 of them but 10? No way!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:
@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:

If it were a lot less characters in the poll, I would believe that. The way it is, I think he has ideas for 2 or 3 of them but 10? No way!

Considering Hickman is a talented writer and since Claremont had been writing for way more than ten characters for years, I am gonna say your skepticism is unfounded.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:
@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:

Considering Hickman is a talented writer and since Claremont had been writing for way more than ten characters for years, I am gonna say your skepticism is unfounded.

but i regress, "they stole my idea"!!!!!! *eye roll* "i get no love or respect" *signs*

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:
@pyrofn said:
@jota23 said:

Yeah, but the characters Claremont was writing were ones that he chose, not ones that were chosen for him and he immediately had to start writing.

Also, these are very different characters, both power and personality wise. If they are to have a significant part in the stories, those stories will have to be very different. I mean, Banshee and Marrow are not interchangeable. You have to write their contributions to the story and their interactions with their teammates very differently, if they are going to do something besides just standing in the background.

Also, how is the team going to function? If we choose Strong Guy, is there already a brick character in the team that will make him redundant? Will there be no brick in the team if we don't choose him? If there's a character in the team that would have great interactions with Boom-Boom, will that character be left with nothing to do if we choose Tempo? Are we going to have a problem that could be solved in ten seconds by Forge turn into a ten issue epic because we chose Sunspot?

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it that he has plans for all these characters. And this is not even a me doubting Hickman's skills. I don't think anyone can pull this off for all of these characters.

Avatar image for obscureobsidian
ObscureObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it that he has plans for all these characters.

@jota23 me neither, and unlike you, I'm doubting Mr Hickman's skills (should I'd be extra bitchy and say lack thereof) 100%. But I agree, letting the public vote which characters are going to appear might work in a multiplayer online game, but not in a story, specially if the author has to work with characters he's not particularly fond of or doesn't know what to do with them.

And all of that aside, I must admit I don't have any problem with the options given. I wish Banshee got more spotlight, and bringing back his friendship with Forge can be a good way to do it. Lorna's fans has been asking for a bigger role for her in a main X-Men title for years, and I think it's finally time. Tabitha would be a great comedy relief. Same with Guido, although I must say I have a hard time having faith in another author writting him who isn't Peter David. Sunspot has the potential to be a valuable member, specially if he's back to his pre-Krakoa latter characterization. And Marrow I think there's a good reason why of all of the characters that joined the X-Men in her era she's the one who has came back the most times. Hell I even think Tempo was the most interesting of the members of the MLF back in the early 90s!

So my point is, I want this characters to have a bigger role, I just doubt they would be given good quality writting to justify it.