Looking for some decent solo series

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PayneInTheAss

I recall reading Bunn´s Magneto a while ago... and I feel like reading something in that vein again

Are there any solo mutant series you recommend?

It doesn´t have to be similar tone, just decent. From any year

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that you say that, X-solos aren't all that fancy... sadly. Try Legacy vol.2, it's basically a Legion solo. It's weird, and sometimes OTT and trying to hard, but it's pretty creative and it has heart.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Xmen are a team moreso than solos. I would say it's why they don't last or do that well. Honestly I have no recommendation when it comes to a solo series. Bunn's Magneto was good but then again Magneto is not exactly an Xman. Maybe reading Xmen Legacy during Carey's run might work. It feels like a Rogue solo

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You can try the mighty Thor series for fancies and I am not a fan of x-men solo series but you can try to read the wolverine series by Greg ruchka or the jason aaron series until you have already those series.But if want to read the legion series it is best to watch legion of x-men series rather than reading the series

Puny_Banner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Puny_Banner

Wolverine is hit and miss. The Claremont stuff and his series from the early 2000s were the best. Old Man Logan is pretty good. Mystique had a good solo series in the mid 2000s. Rogue had one in the late 2000s.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only recommendation I can personally give would be Jeans solo. Granted, it is with Teen Jean and about the Phoenix, but it is pretty decent if you can get past those two facts.

The big cons for this solo would be Teen Jeans millennial personality (Its Dennis Hopeless. Couldn’t have expected any less, lol), the heavily reliability on guest stars rather than in Teen Jean herself (no surprise there, and if you want like lore on real Jean rather than Teen Jeans character growth, you’d have to like at least read issue one, then skip to like Issue 6. The other issues do contribute to the plot, but it is fairly small and it focuses more on Teen Jeans growth.

Anyway, that’s my summary of how the series is and what you could expect. There are definitely good things in there, but it’s mostly plot oriented good things when they actually get to the plot.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Storm solo series was excellent mystique solo series was good rogue series

gambits was pretty good too, also I've heard good things about cables old solo series was good his recent one is great now.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try Storm’s and Iceman. I thought they were ok to be honest. Also Magneto very very good

Avatar image for demightysquidge
DeMightySquidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeMightySquidge

I just remembered in another thread that the Kitty Pryde: Shadow and Flame is a good solo, if you like Ninja Kitty. Even if you just like ninja stuff in general, it isn't bad. It has Silver Samurai, ninjas galore, spy stuff, and a couple dragons for good measure. Pretty faithful to Japanese culture, also (i.e. not the westernized caricature of Japan you get some times).