Let's do a Thing:Telepaths hierarchy from different X-men Eras

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 del_torro  Online

Fell free to pick any X-Era, I'm going to attempt a few of them.

Early-Mid 90s Era:

Onslaught (eh, he seemed really strong, wrecking everybody from Nate grey, to Jean grey, wrecking the astral plane)

Stryfe (hate this guy, but he was supposed to be a big deal or something, glad they took him down a notch)

Exodus (urgh,this guy had a jobber aura or something taking on teams of Xmen and avengers, restraining Jean grey while taking mind blasts from Xavier, glad they took him down a notch, obnoxious character really )

Xavier~Shadow King (they both had similar feats of planetary scale telepathy, but 90s Xavier was always jobbing to every new Telepath that showed up, Shadow king always seemed to have the idiot ball, or need a nexus or something)

Nate grey (urgh, hated this version of Nate grey, always whining, always in everyone's book, always talking about how powerful he is. Go away)

Emma (just more competent than Jean on general)

Jean (eh, the early 90s where Jean says she can affect one mind at a time, where she talks about the strain of projecting illusions when there's no one/no need to project illusions to anyways, just disappointing)

Gamemaster (urgh, this guy ran from 90s Jean. That is the lowest of lows)

Psylocke (weak. Even Jean one shot her during this era. Also, that time that cortez amped her power and she was crying because reading all the minds on an island was too much)

Don't know where to rank Cable, he was supposed to be weak, but was doing stupid things like mind wiping Xavier and Jean at the same time, and fighting Nate grey and Stryfe. Hated him in this era kinda.

Late 90s Era.

Xavier (back to being a boss)

Shadow King (still a jobber)

Nate grey (meh)

Jean (finally exploring her full potential)

Emma frost

Psylocke (meh)

Cable (meh)

Monet

Early 2000s

Shaman Nate grey

Cassandra Nova (my wife)

Xavier~Jean grey

Emma frost

Psylocke~Rachel

Quentin

Cuckoos

Martha

70s Xmen era

Xavier

Jean grey

Morph with Xaviers powers

Mesmero

Mastermind

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 del_torro  Online

Current X-men Era

Shadow King~Xavier (Xavier mind wiped Jean, don't care what the writer said, Shadow king was able to capture him, though Farouk did have an amp from proteus/global network of psis)

Cassandra Nova~Jean grey (these two seem like peers now, especially with how Nova is controlling Rachel and how Jean took over teen Jean, Emma, took out Rachel with psychic projections)

Emma Frost (the original badass, no need for feats)

Exodus (stronger than Psylocke, can fight Rachel while she's holding a team, stalemate Emma)

Mesmero (Lord, why did guggy do this)

Rachel grey (my poor baby)

Xavier Junior (stomped the Cuckoos and Teen Jean at the same time, got stomped by Emma, got stomped by Rachel)

Psylocke (got one shot by Rachel, nose bleed from teen Jean, said Exodus was stronger than her. But has great skill and traps, and is planetary)

Teen Jean (planetary feats, lots of raw power, lacking skill, but learning)

Quentin (skilled, but cocky and over estimates himself)

Cuckoos (skilled, but lack raw power)

Depowered Cable (skilled but lacks raw power)

Monet

Marthab(she messed with Rachel, hate her)

Depowered Nate grey (does he even have telepathy, poor kid)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marvelfan1992

Current:

Jean/Xavier/Shadow King: Xavier is really powerful and is probably the most skilled telepath. Jean is close to him and skill and is arguably the most powerful among the current psychics. Her extreme power puts her on Xavier's level despite being slightly less skilled. Shadow King has always been a match for Xavier. In the recent Astonishing X-Men arc, Xavier even mentioned how they were probably the 2 most powerful telepaths. I'd put the 3 of them with each other. It probably comes down to preference

Cassandra Nova: Seemed to be dominant in New X-Men vs a team of Xavier, Jean and Emma. Granted these weren't head on fights, she was very impressive IMO.

Emma: Very skilled and also very powerful. Don't really need to explain

Rachel/Exodus: Rachel has stalemated/defeated Exodus on the astral plane while he was battling the X-Men team irl. I would rank Exodus above Rachel before, but she has grown stronger and he seems to be portrayed weaker now compared to before.

Psylocke: Powerful and skilled, just lacks the TP feats to really put here up there.

Quentin Quire/Jeen: Both powerful Omega-Level mutants. Quire just lacks feats lately and Jeen lacks experience and skill.

Cuckoos: Decent hive mind, no need to explain

Monet: St Croix

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Koays

@del_torro: -_- back off dude. And how are you even ranking these telepaths? Skill? Power? Both? There is a very different way of ranking all those things.

From New X-Men to the end of the Decimation Era

Skill+Power

0. God Cable- His feats are comparable to the top 5, but without combat feats

1. Xavier/Jean (Mostly Jean by the end of Morrsion, leaning Xavier post Messiah Complex but its really down to choice)

2. Xavier/Jean (In question do to Jean's death and Xavier's power boost but its hard to say who is where. Jean is repeatedly said to be the most powerful mind Emma has ever scene, while Xavier is powerful enough to defeat Rachel and mindwipe P5 Namor along with all Avengers and X-Men in a single fight.)

3. Emma (No one short of Xavier or Jean can beat her decisively and is powerful and skilled enough to indirectly trap Xavier in his own memories)

4 Rachel (AvX confirmed she was one of the two most powerful minds on the planet along with Xavier, able to hide Phoenix Force Namor's presence from an actively searching Xavier)

5. Exodus* (Stalemated Emma, nearly beat Xavier lost to Rachel with interference. Only under Rachel do to the above statement)

6/7/8. Psylocke/Quire/Stepford Cuckoo's (Quire is stronger then all, Betsy has better feats of combat and more experience, The Cuckoo's have easily beaten Quire and held back stronger telepaths then Psylocke)

9 & 10. Shadow King and Nova (Both have feats of competing with an controlling the upper tier Psychics....both have no physical body and have lost all confrontations because of this even against non-telepaths. Neither has really one a direct one v one fight against anyone. ASTRAL BEINGS ARE THE STRONGEST AND WEAKEST TP USERS)

From Marvel Now to Current

Skill + Power

1. Jean/Xavier (Axis shows Xavier's unrestrained TP to be so powerful Quire has to strain even when its being used indirectly, stronger on Astral plane even without a body then Shadow King, Jean's resurrection temporarily neutralized most active TP users)

2. Emma Frost- (Death of X displays her raw power at a higher degree then we previously saw, still arguably the most skilled TP user)

3. Rachel Grey- (Out performed Exodus with Matthew Malloy, Power Boost puts her further above Psylocke and other TP users in raw strength)

4. Xavier Jr.- (Able to control the Cuckoo's hivemind while manipulating multiplee other minds and creating a Psionic double of Xorna that seemingly acts on its own. One-shot by Rachel, Beaten back by Teen Jean and the Cuckoos)

5. Psylocke- (Was the third strongest psychic on planet with Xavier and Jean dead and potentially including the Depowered Emma)

6/7/8. Stepford Cuckoos/Quentin Quire/Teen Jean- (Despite PIS Teen Jean is arguably the strongest or most naturally gifted, Quire is comparable to her with feats and Jeen lacks the experience to be above the Cuckoo's or Quire. The Cuckoo's also have feats against stronger psychics and comparable offense to pre amp Rachel)

9/10. Shadow King and Cassandra Nova- Astral Plane abilities put them above almost everyone in terms of abilities but lack of a body means they can and have been defeated by people without psychic powers.

11. Mesmero.....because Guggenheim has problems with plot resolution.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I refuse to include Mesmero...he isn't even a telepath asdkalgjaljga

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Yea but it's a running joke at this point because if he can beat Rachel, then he takes out dam near half the top tier.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: i know lol i was jsut riding along

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

70’s era: Phoenix- Obviously, we all knew it, even back then.

Shadow King/ Xavier- These two rivals always to the end of time.

Emma Frost/ Psylocke- Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Emma supposed to rival Xavier at this era. Oh well, Psylcoke also takes this spot for her rather big reputation of psychic power at the time, her psychic knife being the biggest evidence of this.

Mesmero- Why did I rate him so low? He mind-controlled Phoenix didn’t he? Yeah, and he lost to Marvel Girl before that. It’s hard to believe that he could jump from losing to Jean at base level to winning against her most powerful form. Jean Maybe extremely powerful, but she wasn’t Xavier level at the time just yet, so....

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 del_torro  Online

@Koays: argh, splitting it into skill and power is kinda stressful

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Koays: argh, splitting it into skill and power is kinda stressful

Lol no I just wanted to know if we were just talking raw power or not, because it effected how i was ranking people. Like Emma might be 6 or 7 in raw power but is top 3 overall with skill and power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I think that was Claremont’s intention. Magik said that she was on par with him in new mutants. They’re was also that statement by Shaw or sage that Charles was the only one capable of putting her in a coma or something like that. I think Shadow king was more of an equal than a rival. Btw is your list based on power alone?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elpendejo: Both power and skill. Xavier admits himself that he nearly would have lost had not Jean helped him, showing that she at least had enough skill to make her power work and nearly overwhelmed him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: I totally agree with that part. I’m just questioning placing Emma and Psylocke in the same spot since Psylocke was still new in telepathy. Even Xavier admitted that she needed training later on.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Personally, I don’t think Psylocke has enough skill feats to equal her to Emma. At least not yet. Once she wins a psychic battle with a top tier without her psi knife or a non telepathic trap, I’ll rethink it.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro@koays@elpendejo@pyrofn

i mean skill and power come hand-in-hand, you need both IMO. I know Emma made a big deal about how skill trumps power when she sparred with Rachel but let's be real she's also very powerful and could only really do that because she skilled + powerful. There's no way she'd be able to beat Rachel if she had the power level of a Cuckoo. You'd have to be of a similar (not equal, but somewhere close like maybe a tier or so below) power to be able to contend otherwise despite that skill you'd get bulldozed. Well that's what I think at least

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: I think most of us would agree. I’m just saying that Psylocke might have the power but I don’t think she has the skill feats to be Emma’s equal, especially in the early 90s.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By marvelfan1992

@elpendejo: I wasn't thinking of Psylocke. Just a general statement lol

that being said...how many Cuckoos (if any) can Jeen beat in TP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: I think it depends on how skilled Jean is now. I think she can beat about 4. 5 is where I think the cuckoos have enough power combined with skill to take her on.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current

jean/tean jean

cassandra nova/xavier

emma/rachel

psylocke/shadow king

xavier jr

cuckoos

m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: I don’t understand why Jeen is in the same spot as Jean

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is jeen supposed be higher?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Not in my opinion. She should be with Psylocke because she’s not as skilled as the ones above.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mrnihal said:
@elpendejo said:

Is jeen supposed be higher?

Jean should be higher than Jeen

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: @elpendejo: Maybe he put them together because he considers them the same person

As for my current ranking:

Jean/Xavier

Shadow King/Cassandra Nova

Emma/Rachel/Exodus

Psylocke/Quentin Quire

Jeen/Cuckoos

Monet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin: Well I guess that’s a fair. I think your ranking is fair too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin said:

@jhazzroucher: @elpendejo: Maybe he put them together because he considers them the same person

As for my current ranking:

Jean/Xavier

Shadow King/Cassandra Nova

Emma/Rachel/Exodus

Psylocke/Quentin Quire

Jeen/Cuckoos

Monet

Just realized there are 4 threads related to TP/TK now.Go go force warriors.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By onsipin

@elpendejo: thanks. I put Cassandra and Shadow King below Jean and Xavier because while they have gotten the better of Xavier/Jean before, it was never really a straight up fight when they won. It's usually through prep or some other vague thing, with circumstances etc,so while they could very well be above them, it's kinda questionable to me because of their methods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin: A fair assessment in my opinion.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin said:
@mrnihal said:

We already have one,thank you.

I meant a battle thread haha

No need.He's better than this.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin said:

@marvelfan1992 go make a Cyclops thread for @mrnihal

lolol sure i'll try to think of one. I'm still sad the Scott is the weakest of the 3 Summers siblings zzzz. But whatever, Cyclops was RIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin said:

lolol sure i'll try to think of one. I'm still sad the Scott is the weakest of the 3 Summers siblings zzzz. But whatever, Cyclops was RIGHT

It's because then they would've been irrelevant.Scott doesn't want that,he keeps it to himself unlike the grey.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@onsipin said:

He is. Isn't Havok the weakest?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:
@onsipin said:

He is. Isn't Havok the weakest?

I think he got a power up in "War of the kings" event.