Jean Grey's Physical Potential

#1 Edited by DarknessClad (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so this one's a simple one. So we know that Telekinesis can be used to increase one's physical strength just like magic can, I believe it's described a form of tactile telekinesis. So with this in mind, how strong could Jean Grey have made herself physcially had she wished to do so? Jean never really shows a talent for tactile telekinesis and usually uses it in a more traditional manor (at least the Earth-616 version of her), so that might be something to take into account.

#2 Posted by HAWK2916 (4911 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknessclad: Interesting.... I like to think that she used this with the Phoenix force. Possibly using tactile to to contain and then absorb the force into her body using it to power her and keep her alive.

#3 Edited by znop01 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknessclad said:

Okay so this one's a simple one. So we know that Telekinesis can be used to increase one's physical strength just like magic can, I believe it's described a form of tactile telekinesis. So with this in mind, how strong could Jean Grey have made herself physcially had she wished to do so? Jean never really shows a talent for tactile telekinesis and usually uses it in a more traditional manor (at least the Earth-616 version of her), so that might be something to take into account.

Jean doesn't need to increase her physical strength -- not when she can hold the Hulk in place or throw him into space with her TK

No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by AsheTDust (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

^ This. ^

#5 Posted by PyroFN (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashetdust: @znop01: It’s a hypothetical situation. Yes, Jean most likely won’t resort to to physical tactics, but they just wanted to know her potential in using it.

#6 Posted by PyroFN (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m gonna be bold here, but based on her pink form feats, I would say she would come around Superman to Dragon Ball Z levels. Assuming she can think faster than thought now and it goes to light-speed reactions, which I don’t necessarily expect. Yet, Jean has flown in hyperspace before and she has fought with a lightspeeder physically using her pink form, so it’s not an impossible prediction.

What do you think @koays, @del_torro, @elpendejo, and @marvelfan1992?

#7 Posted by Koays (12224 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: I think that's highballing but just a little(her hyperspace feat is a little bit of a outlier for her), she's definitely in gladiator realm solidly, but outside of tk blast and strength it's hard to judge how durable and fast she'd be amon other things.

#8 Posted by PyroFN (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Yeah, you’re right. Pretty close though imo. Closer than any of the X-Men could say that aren’t Dazzler.

#9 Posted by del_torro (3900 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm have no idea what PyroFN is going about with lightspeed and dbz. Please do ignore him. OzO

Anyways, not sure what this thread is about, how strong Jeans telekinesis is or how strong it could make her physically if she used tactile telekinesis.

Anyways, I haven't typed a long post I 3 days so let me jump into this.

Okay, first of all her telekinesis, let's see how strong it is.

-holding together Avalon, a floating city, that should weigh around hundreds of millions of tons

-shielding from a building being dropped on her In 3 different scenarios

-holding up part of the Empire state building that weighs thousands of tons

- is able to throw a T-rex casually

-has held up air planes/jets/ships

-has been said to be able to lift a mountain

-has held up a building underwater

-sent Mellencamp flying over 300 miles with a tk blast

-has restrained/held back/Rag dolled/shielded from people like Thing, Hulk, Apocalypse, Rogue, Juggernaut, Hercules, Namor, Abomination, Rockslide, Warpath, Blackbolt

So she has a bit of telekinetic juice

Here are the few times she's used Tactile telekinesis to amp her hits

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6173302-2237443025-61732.jpg

Here she punches a reaver with a tk punch

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/5942784-5859942367-59427.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/5988705-0938726043-59887.jpg

Punches a giant sea monster

Then you have her pink mode which amps her telekinesis to be able collide with Gladiator In a bull rush, and knock him back (without turning to paste)

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/5934036-5743450499--005..jpg

And when amped by a lot of power sources is able to knock galactus down with a punch

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6601229-3204952434-66012.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6601230-3359923587-66012.jpg

There's a scene in Contest of Champions where she fought Thing, there's a part where she uses her tk to amp herself to fight him in hand to hand, but it ends up being an illusion

#10 Posted by PyroFN (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: I was more or less thinking of Jeans space travel to the white hole feat, Galactus feat, and fight with Gladiator in conjunction. Already admitted it is a bit of an outlier, but I do uphold that there is always that possibility.

So in essence, I asked for your input, but I will give as good as you will if you tempt me. 🤨

#11 Posted by del_torro (3900 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: bloody Wanker, how about you stop over estimating your dead red head cow

(Monet is better)

#12 Posted by PyroFN (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: I will stop overestimating when you stop underestimating.

(Monet still pales in comparison to Martha)

#13 Posted by del_torro (3900 posts) - - Show Bio

@PyroFN: Hiccup placed Monet and Emma on his favorites list. The only thing he placed Jean in is an outdated miniskirt.

Come over to our side while you still have your dignity

#14 Posted by PyroFN (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: 1) “Hiccup”

Our grammar enthusiast.

2) Yes. He likes Monet just the way she is, a poor imitation of the real White Queen Emma Frost, While Jean always stays front and center and the best of the psychics.

3) I’ll make sure bring my dignity so that someone on your side gains a shred of what you claim I could lose.

#15 Posted by del_torro (3900 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't that his name

Smh, best of psychics my foot

We all know she's going to be Xaviers puppet