Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#201 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@pyrofn/ @ursaber / @outside_85 : Thoughts on PR #5? I'll bet @hopesummersforthefuture loved it though...

No Caption Provided

grrr.....

Still it was more of a goodbye , thanks for the memories kiss rather than a lets get back together kiss? Also why did Jean turn Scott back to being dead again? Glad Jean is back though, I'm curious if she's gonna have a different / darker personality...

well yes i loved it ..........it should a little closer but it also left the door open if the right writer comes along wanting to put them back together........like the part where scott says "im sorry and sorry for everything that happened between us"(scott know he did bad)" and the whole "i will always love u" part awwwwww

some other opinions is here https://Phoenix Resurrection #5 full discussion [SPOILERS] » but it still didnt explain jean new red and black phoenix outfit......unless they just wanted her to match scott last work as seen in the pic above......also a shoutout to jott' outfits they always kinda dressed alike like jim lee's 90's look or morrison with the same turtleneck and jacket look

#202 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah I saw it lol... I knew as soon as I read it it would've made you sooo happy lol...

well glad you got your Jott moment ;) .. Still they should'n't get back together imo, too much as happened, also their whole thing is so cliche- the Mr. and Ms. X-men, the perfect goody goody high school sweethearts, etc... I bet Jean will start seeing someone else before Scott comes back..

#203 Posted by Grimaldus3924 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopeful this means that scemma is finally over. such a disgusting and adulterous relationship shouldn't even exist in the first place.

I also hope scott and jean can get back together in the future.

#204 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah I saw it lol... I knew as soon as I read it it would've made you sooo happy lol...

well glad you got your Jott moment ;) .. Still they should'n't get back together imo, too much as happened, also their whole thing is so cliche- the Mr. and Ms. X-men, the perfect goody goody high school sweethearts, etc... I bet Jean will start seeing someone else before Scott comes back..

I don't think there's any way to keep Scott's shadow from any relationship Jean has moving forward; in the same way that she was a constant presence in Scott's relationship with Emma, he will likely be the same for Jean.

thats why if they do loganXjean, there would always be a threat of scott coming back and ruining it

#205 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

I don't think there's any way to keep Scott's shadow from any relationship Jean has moving forward; in the same way that she was a constant presence in Scott's relationship with Emma, he will likely be the same for Jean.

thats why if they do loganXjean, there would always be a threat of scott coming back and ruining it

Well I think they'll always be a part of each other's lives, and their history will always be a part of them, but I don't think necessarily they will get back together anytime soon, even though they had that moment at the end.

@grimaldus3924 don't talk about it like that. It became something more lol.

#206 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: @pyrofn

Hopeful this means that scemma is finally over. such a disgusting and adulterous relationship shouldn't even exist in the first place.

this comment is a little too strong........reminds me of some of the things i see on the soap opera boards lol .......its always the other women's fault and the guys just seem so clueless.......especially when a old guy with money cant understand why a yonger hot women wants him LOL

Scemma had some good moments.......didnt he admt he picked emma over jean in endsong? but to me it makes him look bad, like he cant make up his mind......and now in PR he admits what he did to jean was wrong and he was truly sorry........but he also said "he missed jean" and "i thought of u everyday"? <<<<<thats a bit of a insult to scemma fans

scott also kept telling jean how sorry he was almost like groveling........ and jean just says "I KNOW" and cuts him off..........i guest jean is back to just reading scott's thoughts instead of talking LOL

#207 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimaldus3924 said:

this comment is a little too strong........reminds me of some of the things i see on the soap opera boards lol .......its always the other women's fault and the guys just seem so clueless.......especially when a old guy with money cant understand why a yonger hot women wants him LOL

Scemma had some good moments.......didnt he admt he picked emma over jean in endsong? but to me it makes him look bad, like he cant make up his mind......and now in PR he admits what he did to jean was wrong and he was truly sorry........but he also said "he missed jean" and "i thought of u everyday"? <<<<<thats a bit of a insult to scemma fans

scott also kept telling jean how sorry he was almost like groveling........ and jean just says "I KNOW" and cuts him off..........i guest jean is back to just reading scott's thoughts instead of talking LOL

Haha glad we could at least find some common ground. XD

#208 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@grimaldus3924 said:

Haha glad we could at least find some common ground. XD

i remember when i first started CV and got into a fight with a scemma fan LOL......i think she blocked me, i wont say who......

I said something like if scott and emma really loved each other then why are'nt they married and she said something like "emma is a strong, independent women who doesnt need to be tied down?!?!?!?!?!?"

anyways the point im trying to make is in 10+ yrs, nothing really developed between scemma........they didnt get married or have a kid......i thought when they found baby hope maybe scott and emma could raise it together but nooooooo they shipped it off with cable to the future........ugh at this point im thinking scott with jean, polaris with alex and emma with Vulcan(u know if they decide to make vulcan good again lol)

it would be funny seeing jeanX logan and scottXemma being married and having kids with there new mate but then i think of poor jean/logan's kid, that would be one heck of a hairy baby lol

#209 Edited by marvelfan1992 (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@grimaldus3924 said:

if you recall the issue, she scanned him because she was confirming if he was real or an illusion, she read his mind and memories so yeah obviously. It would have been cool if their rapport was actually still intact though and that's how she read him

#210 Edited by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: Polaris and Havok are not a couple anymore, so in technicality, Scott and Lorna would be free to do whatever they wanted. Don’t know too much about Monet either, but she seemed to fit the bill in some ways.

I don’t think I can see Scott going full villain casually, but if he were, I would have a really hard time figuring any actual relationships. Even Selene is an iffy due to her conniving nature and dominance. Maddie is Maddie. XD

I figured Storm too, but I figured it would’ve been too obvious, plus the whole sister-in-law complex I have with Logan can be applied to Scott as well when it comes to Storm. That said, I’m not opposed to the idea, onlybsimply needing some getting used to.

I like the idea of a peace treaty that way if the two races were still in conflict, though I doubt that is what actually would happen. I think the situation would be similar to Bobby and his Inhuman boyfriend. XD

Don’t know much about Sage either, but figured her secretary like first impression would leak into her personality and would help her work well with his leader attitude.

#211 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: Jean didn’t leave him dead, the Phoenix let him die to coax Jean to bond with it again. Jean let him because of the danger of the Phoenix.

#212 Posted by ElPendejo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: I hate that mentality that a women who’s married can’t be independent. But anyway i think one of the reasons they never married is because Scott’s track record in marriages didn’t end well. Also I feel like in comic years they’ve only been together for less than 2 years, wouldn’t that be a little quick to marry someone ?

#213 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: Jean didn’t leave him dead, the Phoenix let him die to coax Jean to bond with it again. Jean let him because of the danger of the Phoenix.

Really? To me it looked like they kissed and then she like snapped his neck or something, but yeah yours makes much more sense... Also that final Jott moment was more of like "I'll always love you" / closure, rather than we have a chance for moving forward in the future right? To me it felt like Scott up until his death had basically become the new magneto...

(Emma was even worse during IvX and went full villain. This all to me didn't make much sense how Emma afterwards just went back to normal again, even though they said they were going to catch her for her crimes, etc... )

Do you think that Jean could've loved / supported who cyclops had become? Come to think of it what about Jean? Even Emma states "I don't remember you being this cold"... and Jean even tells Hank "Its who I've always been"... So what does that mean?? Has Jean changed after all these years or is this the real Jean? I've always remembered Jean as a kind hearted, forgiving person, they even often jokingly call her "saint jean"... I'm curious to see how she will act in X-men Red, also not a huge fan of her new costume with all that armor, I like the red and black phoenix suit better...

#214 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: Polaris and Havok are not a couple anymore, so in technicality, Scott and Lorna would be free to do whatever they wanted. Don’t know too much about Monet either, but she seemed to fit the bill in some ways.

I don’t think I can see Scott going full villain casually, but if he were, I would have a really hard time figuring any actual relationships. Even Selene is an iffy due to her conniving nature and dominance. Maddie is Maddie. XD

I figured Storm too, but I figured it would’ve been too obvious, plus the whole sister-in-law complex I have with Logan can be applied to Scott as well when it comes to Storm. That said, I’m not opposed to the idea, onlybsimply needing some getting used to.

I like the idea of a peace treaty that way if the two races were still in conflict, though I doubt that is what actually would happen. I think the situation would be similar to Bobby and his Inhuman boyfriend. XD

Don’t know much about Sage either, but figured her secretary like first impression would leak into her personality and would help her work well with his leader attitude.

Lorna would certainly be interesting... considering Scott's relationship with Magneto.. also since Havok hooked up with Maddie, this could be Scott's chance at payback lol...

Yeah I agree Storm is too predictable, with Crystal peace treaty would certainly be interesting, I think it'd be cool if they revisted the Utopia idea but build more of a community with their own cultures, etc... like the inhumans.

Yeah I think I'm leaning towards Sage a lot too; she worked alot with Xavier, she does have that secretary attitude that fits well with Scott's leadership attitude, which honestly I think is what Scott wants- someone who can be like a cheerleader by his side. Plus shes like one of the only "queens" he hasn't been with yet lol...

Sage or Monet I like seeing minor characters get more screentime / interact more with major characters...

#215 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: I hate that mentality that a women who’s married can’t be independent. But anyway i think one of the reasons they never married is because Scott’s track record in marriages didn’t end well. Also I feel like in comic years they’ve only been together for less than 2 years, wouldn’t that be a little quick to marry someone ?

it wasnt 2 yrs it was like 4 yrs and 1 yrs they broke up :P i hate comicbook time ages slowly...........although cyclops would be dead and his children would be in charge by now LOL

#216 Posted by ElPendejo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio
#217 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: In a way, she has changed. Becoming something similar to a god can have that affect on ones perception. Not to mention the severity of the threat the Phoenix poses makes urgency all the more important, ergo her hardiness in her decisions. It doesn’t necessarily mean she is proud of those decisions as she later regrets making them. (And people call her a Mary Sue. Hah, Mary Sues don’t have regrets)

As for who Scott became, though I can see Jean understanding why the things he did, I can’t see her supporting his decisions. It’s an Xavier vs Magneto situation, where Jean wouldn’t support decisions of separating the X-Men in Schism, the creation of X-Force, keeping the powers of the Phoenix in AvX, etc. I feel Jean wouldve opposes him outright on some issues while begrudgingly assisting him on others like back when Xavier and Magneto would cross paths. Jean was always an advocate for Xavier’s dream in the execution that her mentor taught her do, whereas Scott kept the dream in mind but sacrificed some morale for the greater good for mutants.

I like the black and red Phoenix suit as well, but don’t mind the 90’s inspired suit. Reds my favorite color so I welcome the change.

#218 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: It seems like Jean has always been really forgiving / understanding with Scott on the whole Emma thing. Do you think she's forgiven Emma for it as well? I'm curious to see how or if they will even interact in the new series...

#219 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@pyrofn: It seems like Jean has always been really forgiving / understanding with Scott on the whole Emma thing. Do you think she's forgiven Emma for it as well? I'm curious to see how or if they will even interact in the new series...

LOL emma and jean getting along??? no, nyet, never, when hell freezes over........as for who jean should date obviously Cap LOL

No Caption Provided

^^ Cap's hand on jean's shoulder?????? shocker!!!!! the wheels are in motion......he would be attracted to her red hair as in red white and blue LOL

No Caption Provided

#220 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

No Caption Provided

Well nothings impossible... who would have ever thought Magneto or Doom even would become heroes? Anything can happen, I certainly hope it will happen.

Also Cap is just comforting her and being inspirational as always, nothing romantic. He's too old for her anyway it'd be weird. The last thing Jean needs is someone with a similar personality like Scott (well cap is better than scott in many ways) , she needs to find someone who can help her loosen up, not someone who is always uptight like Scott.

#221 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture:

No Caption Provided

Well nothings impossible... who would have ever thought Magneto or Doom even would become heroes? Anything can happen, I certainly hope it will happen.

Also Cap is just comforting her and being inspirational as always, nothing romantic. He's too old for her anyway it'd be weird. The last thing Jean needs is someone with a similar personality like Scott (well cap is better than scott in many ways) , she needs to find someone who can help her loosen up, not someone who is always uptight like Scott.

LOL at uptight but i think she is attracted to the leader/strong/moral code/boyscout type but since it didnt work so well for jott.........i guess she can slum around with a cad like gambit, or to the lesser extant logan(<<<<who is a strong yet rebel, bad boy type, but apparently has honor)

#222 Edited by MrNihal (3195 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@pyrofn: How did scott separate the x-men?& how was he supposed to get rid of PF in AvX?

#223 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: She was attracted to that type but her character has changed since then , we still don't know how shes gonna be in x-men red... Also what do you mean slum around with Gambit? Gambit who has a player personality , who can pretty much charm any girl he wants, while he was with Rogue never once cheated even though he couldn't even touch her half the time... Jean needs to be with someone else for now; Bobby and Warren are also decent choices, she needs to get with a guy that can loosen her up. But for me personally I prefer her single or if she has to be with someone again I ship her with Emma.

@mrnihal : I know people love to debate this but this really isn't the place to debate the whole is Scott a "dbag" or not place.... this is more focused on the relationships.

#224 Posted by MrNihal (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: LOL,emma really?After all that talk you ship her with the girl who broke her relationship in the first place?

#225 Posted by ElPendejo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: I don’t think an Emma and jean relationship would ever happen although it would be interesting to see how that would go. I’d honestly rather see them as friends, it’s nice to see my two favorite girls get along.

#226 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @iamre321: scott and jean like soulmates, act and think alike as in this pic

No Caption Provided

the "I know's" have it FTW

#227 Posted by Grimaldus3924 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: That is the most mysterious part for me. Jeans relationship with Emma should be like how two co-workers who are friendly with each other at best, but I’m not entirely sure if it would be even one that casual. I think they’d mostly keep their distance with minimal but friendly interaction. It’s an awkward situation, but a mutual respect surely.

#229 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: That is the most mysterious part for me. Jeans relationship with Emma should be like how two co-workers who are friendly with each other at best, but I’m not entirely sure if it would be even one that casual. I think they’d mostly keep their distance with minimal but friendly interaction. It’s an awkward situation, but a mutual respect surely.

really??? i thought jean was trying to be nice to emma in morrison's run that at one point jean had to flat out call her a B-word.......then emma wantd to leave and had a change in heart? but i think she was planing to get scott from jean.

Jean tried to make friends but emma has to think she is superior to ev1 more then perfect jean.........they had a frenemy type relationship in jeen solo,,,,,,,,,,there always trying to prove that there better then the other one.......a one-upper-manship if u will

#230 Edited by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: Schism was when he and Logan separates. They took different sides and put the X-Men in a situation where they had to choose. Jean would have scolded them both and wanted them to keep things in perspective. Not saying she would’ve prevented it, but the question directed at me was about whether Jean would’ve supported Scott’s decisions and the Schism was one of the few things that give me the impression that she wouldn’t have. Look at what her priority was after she met up with Scott when she was revealed to be alive in X-Factor #1. Disclaimer: No, Logan would not have been off the hook either. He would’ve been in deep water as would Scott had Jean been alive.

http://www.animanga.com/comics/xfactor-1.jpg

As for the second question, Scott clearly knew how extract the Phoenix when we saw him take it from Emma and he knew that it wanted Hope Summers, not the Five. Hope even said as much to him, but he rejected her taking it, having no intention of training her to use it, but instead keep it himself, for the greater good of mutantkind. Jean would not have supported that, even if she were one of the Five like how Avengers Alliance went about it (great game btw). Jean would’ve known that you can’t simply deny the Phoenix what it wants, so she would’ve done what she did for Teen Jean, trained Hope further to deal with the Phoenix, something Scott should have done rather than keep the Force. And before you say that the Avengers took her because she wanted to go, she wouldn’t have had such an inclination if Scott told her he would’ve helped her learn to control the Phoenix. Without that incentive, Hope had no reason to be there and it made it out like Scott was only keeping her there because she was a weakness that the Avengers would exploit to get to the Phoenix. (And she was)

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/127120/2426097-p00035.jpg

#231 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: On the Scott and Jean thinking alike, so what? That should’ve helped keep Scott’s mind off of Emma and yet, it wasn’t. Jean may love him, but that still doesn’t make their relationship a good one. That is why that moment in PR is necessary. It gives closure. Now Jean needs to rebuild, not dawn over Scott.

As for Emma and Jeans relationship, I’m speaking in terms of how it should be now. Jean has been dead all this time, but that doesn’t change her interactions after Morrisons run with Emma. Jean and Emma’s relationship should have obviously changed after Morrisons runs Scemma affair and we see that it did. Ergo, that still leaves an awkward situation for the two. The way to for them to be friends at all is to put them together and let them talk it out, which’s till doesn’t guarantee a best friends relationship like teen Jean and Emma. They slept with the same man, fell in love with him, and that same man bounced between the two of them in his heart. In a way, Jean took Scott away from Emma inadvertently, as unreasonable as the notion is. No it’s not Jeans fault, but Scott still didn’t continue with Emma because of Jean, which is why it would be awkward to be there with Jean.

http://s12.postimage.org/3va5civwd/010.jpg

The only reason there is still potential for a friendship in fact is because of Jean Grey #9, when Ghost Jean and Emma had a small heart-to-heart. If they had more conversations like that, their issues would be worked through.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MhMDt1Ypyyc/WlN_bkGATjI/AAAAAAAA_Es/4KbmbaFelxEOjv4OYIhog7lZ09ekbneUgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO013.jpg

#232 Edited by MrNihal (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Scott was training her in a harsh way but he was.

No Caption Provided

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/01/17/cyclops-training-hope-summers/

#233 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@mrnihal: Schism was when he and Logan separates. They took different sides and put the X-Men in a situation where they had to choose. Jean would have scolded them both and wanted them to keep things in perspective. Not saying she would’ve prevented it, but the question directed at me was about whether Jean would’ve supported Scott’s decisions and the Schism was one of the few things that give me the impression that she wouldn’t have. Look at what her priority was after she met up with Scott when she was revealed to be alive in X-Factor #1. Disclaimer: No, Logan would not have been off the hook either. He would’ve been in deep water as would Scott had Jean been alive.

http://www.animanga.com/comics/xfactor-1.jpg

As for the second question, Scott clearly knew how extract the Phoenix when we saw him take it from Emma and he knew that it wanted Hope Summers, not the Five. Hope even said as much to him, but he rejected her taking it, having no intention of training her to use it, but instead keep it himself, for the greater good of mutantkind. Jean would not have supported that, even if she were one of the Five like how Avengers Alliance went about it (great game btw). Jean would’ve known that you can’t simply deny the Phoenix what it wants, so she would’ve done what she did for Teen Jean, trained Hope further to deal with the Phoenix, something Scott should have done rather than keep the Force. And before you say that the Avengers took her because she wanted to go, she wouldn’t have had such an inclination if Scott told her he would’ve helped her learn to control the Phoenix. Without that incentive, Hope had no reason to be there and it made it out like Scott was only keeping her there because she was a weakness that the Avengers would exploit to get to the Phoenix. (And she was)

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/127120/2426097-p00035.jpg

my two cents is........marvel always pushed avengers ..........also secretly making the x-men look bad so ppl would stop thinking they are cool BS.........would be great to do a "what if 5 avengers were the phoenix 5 instead of x-men" hmmm but that sounds to long lol....."what if the avengers were the phoenix 5"

#234 Edited by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: That was at first. He should have continued it was what I’m getting at. The Phoenix still wanted Hope and she needed to be ready. With Scott having the Phoenix and not going berserk at that moment, the moment Hope became conscious was the perfect opportunity to restart her training or at least brief her as to what she is expected and needs to do. That’s where I think Jean would have interjected with Scott, in front or in private, about rethinking the decision. It couldn’t have been Phoenix influence because it wanted Hope Summers.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/M6qoEknmBYkYe0V5ECzWyvVRYlXGfi_8vpoqI-BGH2zVx_pbvj2SU6TcfBF1KOggOxJZQYRDDB3s=s1600

#235 Edited by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Interesting proposition. If such were the case, the most logical members would be Captain America, Wolverine, Red Hulk, Black Widow, And Thor. Thing is another possibility, but giving him the Phoenix wouldn’t have been as interesting. I doubt Iron Man would get it given he was in a giant suit. The Phoenix would’ve entered the Avengers on the moon. Hawkeye could also have been a possibility, but he is a similar situation to Black Widow.

Overall, in my head concocting a story, it would end terribly for the Avengers. Red Hulk would give into his rampage and be let loose on Earth. Captain America would take Hope by force and work with SHIELD as a host to track down Hulk with Widow by his side. Thor would gain a bigger god complex than he already had and would probably flee to Asgard, oppose his father or serve him depending on Thor’s will against the Phoenix. Wolverine would seek seclusion, probably doing what Scott did on the moon with a dust copy of Jean. Wolvie would most likely be tracked down by the X-Men to talk, which would only enrage him.

Overall, Scarlet Witches involvement would eventually help them defeat Red Hulk and regain the first piece split between the four, much like Namor. Then the Avengers would seek out the other two hosts. Needless to say, the X-Men would be protecting Logan once the two Phoenix hosts confront them, prompting another battle, which ends with Natasha losing her piece and Scarlet Witch being taken out briefly.

Thor would become unstable with his Warriors Madness and Phoenix power growing, ultimately prompting his father to unshackle him of the piec, which splits between Logan and Steve. That means a war between Phoenix hosts, Wolverine being more unstable and animalistic and Steve being more dictator-like and severe. It would most likely end with wolvie being the last host given that Steve would not want to give into the desires of the Phoenix and Wolvie could outlast him. With Wolvie as Dark Phoenix, it goes down as one would expect, with possibly a more in-depth interaction between him and Jean given how the two have deeper conversations whenever it comes to death and how acquainted they both are.

Anyways, that’s how I see it happening.

#236 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: I don’t think an Emma and jean relationship would ever happen although it would be interesting to see how that would go. I’d honestly rather see them as friends, it’s nice to see my two favorite girls get along.

Yep, would love to see them get along. The whole love triangle / rivalry was nice , but I really wanna see them become frenemies like betty and veronica.

@pyrofn that small heart to heart really gave me hope, I feel like even if they only become friends and not a couple they could rub off on each other and learn from one another.

#237 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol someday we will break your Jott spirit...

@pyrofn Yeah I agree, it was closure, not lets get back together or anything. You know what that scene reminded me of? So I'm not sure if you ever watched DC's injustice games, but basically the plot is Superman is tricked by joker into killing lois, and later becomes a dictator and batman is the one that opposes him, then in the 2nd game the two sides have to team up to fight a bigger threat, while the two are alone they reminisce about how simple and better things were back then and how they both miss those good old days, but at the same time both understand there's no way to go back to the way things were.

#238 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: but wolverine hates the phoenix.......he wanted to kill hope cause he thought the phoenix wouldnt come if she was DEAD.....wolverine as phoenix lol no ty, and stop trying to make logan/jean love story, marvel wont go there in the comic-verse.......leave it for the movies

@iamre321 said:
@elpendejo said:

Yep, would love to see them get along. The whole love triangle / rivalry was nice , but I really wanna see them become frenemies like betty and veronica.

@pyrofn that small heart to heart really gave me hope, I feel like even if they only become friends and not a couple they could rub off on each other and learn from one another.

yeah some are suppose to be friends and some arent.........if jean and emma were friends, it wouldnt feel natural, it would feel forced....especially how they have different views, one is cold manner while the other if friendly to all, etc

i also liked it when storm and emma had a big fight but then kinda became friends........also i liked how emma and rachel didnt get along, then well to me it seemed forced to suddently are happy for each other rubbish

Edit: everyone had to bow down to the great emma since she was involved with scott.......well not me and not jean :P :P :P

#239 Posted by ElPendejo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah I can see where you’re coming from. I guess since they are my two faves it’s always been a dream of mine to make them friendly with eachother. I’ll admit that it’s a long shot but their dialogue with eachother didn’t seem forced and hostile in the Jean Grey series. And with Rachel, Yeah they seemed to make up really too quickly. I mean they had a psychic battle, Emma won then said she’d train Rachel, and then their beef was over. Really wish marvel handled that better.

#240 Posted by MrNihal (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: How much of it he can handle?Between keeping himself in check,watch out for others(namor) going crazy any moment & avengers attacking..... how much you want of this guy?Are you actually saying scott is powerful enough to hold phoenix within himself?

#241 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: PR 5 wasnt closure for jott.........i predict logan and scott will go back to fighting over jean in no time LOL

#242 Edited by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Wolverine doesn’t hate the Phoenix, he is afraid of it. More specifically, of what it will do to everyone around him. That wariness is why he threatened to kill Hope. Wolverine knows the threat the Phoenix poses, so it’s no secret that he would do whatever it takes to save everyone, just the same as he would to Jean. Needless to say, hate it or not, Wolverine would have no answer for the Phoenix if it decided to or was forced to possess him. Wolvie has no experience dealing with the Forces influence and the Forces connection to Jean would be as intoxicating to him as it was to Scott. And I’d think you of all people would understand that under your Jott banners of what someone who loved Jean would do for her.

2) Again, I repeat, Scott chose Emma. Scott can’t simply walk up to Jean and say I love you and expect her to melt at his touch. No. He needed to apologize for what he did to her. Closure. If that’s not closure, the there is no chance for Scott and Jean to get together ever. So, if you want there to ever be a chance, than Jean needs that closure. So, re-analyze the issue and your quote and tell me, was Phoenix Resurrection #5 closurefor Jott or not? Better say the right words. Gotta future hangs in the balance. :P

#243 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: That all happened over the course of the arc, not at the moment he rejected Hope. While I feel for his troubles, he volunteered himself to lead mutants to an age of peace and he has to deal with all the problems that come with them. If training Hope was totally out of the question, than he should have asked his team for help in her preparation, preferably Rachel or Emma. That’s not what happened. He straight told her she isn’t worthy of its powers and that he could do so much more than what she could with it, alongside telling her she wasn’t a prisoner there and can come and go when she wanted.

In essence, unforeseen occurrences happening to him is no excuse for not promising to continue Hopes training.

As for holding the Phoenix, you didn’t read my comment completely did you? The very fact that he couldn’t is exactly why it was crucial to continue in tailoring Hope into a it’s wielded. Training her was not his intention after becoming a host. It’s for the very reason that he couldn’t control the Phoenix is the very reason why Jean wouldn’t have supported him during AvX after he became a Phoenix host. Cuz like it or not, Scott was not the perfect leader in AvX in the least and was wrong in crucial aspects. The Avengers ar mostly at fault, but Scott is in no way off the hook.

#244 Posted by MrNihal (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: So,just coz scott couldn't control the force ,she wouldn't support him?hah

#245 Edited by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: Ok. Look at these two sentences. This should make it simple enough.

“Jean wouldn’t support Scott because he refused to help Hope learn to control the Phoenix AFTER becoming one of five hosts. He had NO intention on giving her the Phoenix despite knowing it wanted her.”

Now do you understand?

#246 Posted by MrNihal (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Then you are saying scott despite not being a telepath is powerful enough to keep phoenix in his control. Which is stupid.

#247 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9371 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: @pyrofn: well now we got jean and scott knowing each other even better then before.......with there special link ie they were both "dark phoenix" at one point........jott 1 scemma 0(<<<<according to this year 2018)

#248 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnihal: I never said he was powerful enough to keep it under his control, I said he was refusing to give It to Hope Summers willingly. He didn’t train Hope Summers enough to control the Force.

Are you actively ignoring me or is there something I’m missing?

#249 Posted by PyroFN (6385 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: You forget that Emma had also lost control to the Phoenix, going through all the same experiences as Scott. In fact, she went through them before AvX in Endsong. And understanding how Jean feels with the Phoenix does not make what he did to Jean in the past any better.

So Jott 0, Scemma 0.

#250 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@hopesummersforthefuture: What big fight are you talking about? Pretty sure Emma is mean to like everyone that's just how she is...

Pretty sure most of the X-men didn't really like her but accepted her place on the team.