Avatar image for pyrofn
#151 Posted by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I targeted you for info. I simply stated what I saw. I’m still very ignorant on what Rachel is capable of beyond a creating and maintaining a psychically controlled mini-Black hole.

Also, your third paragraph is exactly true and why I feel Jott is a bad idea. He is a changed man who hurt Jean in the process of a ‘mistake’. (I am not invested in calling his relationship with Emma a mistake, but the affair was) To say that the to are meant for each other after all Scott had been through and what it turned him into, is just flat out wrong in my eyes. Loves Jean currently or not, Jott is a very bad idea at this point in time if he were to come back just as Jean was.

Avatar image for pyrofn
#152 Edited by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) That as Jean acting on anger without getting all the facts. She never assumed Scott would do such a thing, guess what he did. Feel free to concede, I’m patient.

2) He’s said the same thing about Emma before. He’s said a lot of things in his history. And even taking that into account, that still doesn’t qualify as a reason to put the two together. It at best makes them best friends just barely.

3) Emma has never shy’d away from her true nature, yet he still chose her. Besides we aren’t listing why Jean is good for Scott, we are discussing why Scott is bad for Jean. But let’s try thinking of what Jean would say if you told her this in effort to put the two together,

“What Emma is terrible for Scott? Scott needs me! I have to find him and tell him I love him!!”

Just kidding. It would go more like this,

“I know exactly who Emma is, what she has done in the past. She has proven herself a worthy ally though and Scott made his choice. We tried to make it work and look where it got us. I’m sorry, but I am just not ready to start something again with Scott, I don’t know if I’ll ever be.”

That sounds more like what Jean would think of your efforts to push for Jott by using the “Emma is a horrible person and doesn’t deserve Scott” angle.

If I were Jean, I’d be a lot more blunt,

“That’s just too bad. If he suffers for it, who cares. I don’t. He made his choice and I’m choosing to let him be. I just want to move on.”

It’s time to put up your white flag.

Avatar image for koays
#153 Posted by Koays (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: I'll agree halfway. I do feel that Scott and Jean are like the Supes and Lois or MJ and Spidey of the fandom and should always have an open path to get back together as the X-Mens OTP. That said if Scott came back 2morrow I wouldn't want them near each other for at least a decade. The longer he's gone the easier it is to digest, and if he hadn't died I wouldn't have minded them on a team or just being prominently featured dealing with each others change in life. But as it is Scott's story met a very weak end and the damage that they've done to his character during IvX doesn't give us the actual good plot we need to make this interesting.

As far as my beloved goes. I can argue her for being the 4th strongest psychic followed by Psylocke, Quire and The Cuckoos.

Online
Avatar image for iamre321
#154 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I never said they touched physically....

@hopesummersforthefuture : and @pyrofn for the win again lol, let me ask you something if you were jean would you want to get back with scott?

Avatar image for ursaber
#155 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@pyrofn: I'll agree halfway. I do feel that Scott and Jean are like the Supes and Lois or MJ and Spidey of the fandom and should always have an open path to get back together as the X-Mens OTP. That said if Scott came back 2morrow I wouldn't want them near each other for at least a decade. The longer he's gone the easier it is to digest, and if he hadn't died I wouldn't have minded them on a team or just being prominently featured dealing with each others change in life. But as it is Scott's story met a very weak end and the damage that they've done to his character during IvX doesn't give us the actual good plot we need to make this interesting.

As far as my beloved goes. I can argue her for being the 4th strongest psychic followed by Psylocke, Quire and The Cuckoos.

Ten years is too long to wait. Five years or under would be better.

Online
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#156 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @ursaber@theheaven_guardian10: @iamre321:@pyrofn for pyrofn........I've have giving u the facts based on 616 continuity and the "Piece of the Resistance" is from ANXM vol 1 #4

No Caption Provided

adult/real scott said "jean was EVERYTHING he ever wanted in LIFE" jean not emma even though yeah scott and emma broke up (^^this is scott's own personal thoughts, no manipulation)

u cant argue the "honest to goodness" facts XD :P SO

Avatar image for koays
#157 Posted by Koays (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@koays said:

@pyrofn: I'll agree halfway. I do feel that Scott and Jean are like the Supes and Lois or MJ and Spidey of the fandom and should always have an open path to get back together as the X-Mens OTP. That said if Scott came back 2morrow I wouldn't want them near each other for at least a decade. The longer he's gone the easier it is to digest, and if he hadn't died I wouldn't have minded them on a team or just being prominently featured dealing with each others change in life. But as it is Scott's story met a very weak end and the damage that they've done to his character during IvX doesn't give us the actual good plot we need to make this interesting.

As far as my beloved goes. I can argue her for being the 4th strongest psychic followed by Psylocke, Quire and The Cuckoos.

Ten years is too long to wait. Five years or under would be better.

5 years is nothing when it comes to Marvel. 7 years ago was AvX, and think about how little has actually been accomplished with yearly crossovers and relaunches. The X-Men especially haven't really done much of anything. And with the way storylines are dropped and character development isn't even attempted, it's basically like saying you want 5 years of aimless oneshots and then a half assed unappreciated ressurection and reunion.

Online
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#158 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:
@ursaber said:
@koays said:

@pyrofn: I'll agree halfway. I do feel that Scott and Jean are like the Supes and Lois or MJ and Spidey of the fandom and should always have an open path to get back together as the X-Mens OTP. That said if Scott came back 2morrow I wouldn't want them near each other for at least a decade. The longer he's gone the easier it is to digest, and if he hadn't died I wouldn't have minded them on a team or just being prominently featured dealing with each others change in life. But as it is Scott's story met a very weak end and the damage that they've done to his character during IvX doesn't give us the actual good plot we need to make this interesting.

As far as my beloved goes. I can argue her for being the 4th strongest psychic followed by Psylocke, Quire and The Cuckoos.

Ten years is too long to wait. Five years or under would be better.

5 years is nothing when it comes to Marvel. 7 years ago was AvX, and think about how little has actually been accomplished with yearly crossovers and relaunches. The X-Men especially haven't really done much of anything. And with the way storylines are dropped and character development isn't even attempted, it's basically like saying you want 5 years of aimless oneshots and then a half assed unappreciated ressurection and reunion.

it was 13+a few months wait :P :P XD

and i really thought they wouldnt bring jean back(i gave up from hope to AvX to Teen Jeen) some people say we have teen jeen to thank for making room for real jean lmao ........so ur WELCOME, thanks to my buying up jeen comics from ANXM to Extraordinary to x-men blue and jeen grey solo)

i really thought when we saw real jean back it would be when the 616 universe was at a end and would have to be rebooted LOL.......or like in x-men the end.........jean came back to stop cassie NOVA and then helped storm, rachel, scott, cable, magneto, xavier, build a tree and go transcent this plane of existence :P XD

Avatar image for ursaber
#159 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @iamre321: @hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn:

Well, you guys already know my stance on this. Jott fan. Scemma indifferent (glad for the people who liked it).

As of the present time, the idea of Jott is plain bad. Its impossible currently given that Scott is dead but should he come back and they become entangled again in a rushed, not well done manner, it would be bad for both characters.

The nature of comics is cyclical. There's the eternal status quo, then over time the writers are given more flexibility to stray and do new things only for it to return back.

The notion that Jean and Scott could happen again in the comics is not impossible. I still say its quite possible but RIGHT NOW, its not possible and it would be a bad idea either way. Since Scott and Emma ended recently I doubt those two will return again together.

I'd like it a lot if Marvel and the writers of the House of X would make it so that Jean and Scott could return as the iconic couple they've been but after taking their time (meaning good pacing and no rushing), dealing plausibly with all their baggage, etc. But in the present, I state again, it would be bad.

Jean and Scott have seldom ever been bachelor's in their long comic book history. They've almost always been in a relationship, whether with each other or other people. It would do them a dose of good for both of them to remain single for a while and have the writers refocus the characters on their own development as individuals and heroes.

Online
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#160 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: @iamre321: @hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn: the facts are jean only loved one man and thats scott(and canon + jean never said she loved logan while logan constantly says he loves jean)........even logan knew he and jean wouldnt work between them cause scott is number 1 in jean's heart and logan shouldnt have to settle for second place

:P o.0

Avatar image for ursaber
#161 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

5 years is nothing when it comes to Marvel. 7 years ago was AvX, and think about how little has actually been accomplished with yearly crossovers and relaunches. The X-Men especially haven't really done much of anything. And with the way storylines are dropped and character development isn't even attempted, it's basically like saying you want 5 years of aimless oneshots and then a half assed unappreciated ressurection and reunion.

The problem with that is that Marvel interrupts their comic books with their big summer events. And as you say, relaunches and crossovers mania.

Not saying I want all those pointless stories, but waiting for ten years to see these two get together (its already been more than ten years already) would be unsatisfying.

Now with the purchase of X-Men by Marvel from Fox, I hope they can move in a better direction and drop the Inhumans push.

Online
Avatar image for ursaber
#162 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

it was 13+a few months wait :P :P XD

and i really thought they wouldnt bring jean back(i gave up from hope to AvX to Teen Jeen) some people say we have teen jeen to thank for making room for real jean lmao ........so ur WELCOME, thanks to my buying up jeen comics from ANXM to Extraordinary to x-men blue and jeen grey solo)

i really thought when we saw real jean back it would be when the 616 universe was at a end and would have to be rebooted LOL.......or like in x-men the end.........jean came back to stop cassie NOVA and then helped storm, rachel, scott, cable, magneto, xavier, build a tree and go transcent this plane of existence :P XD

You have thine sincerest gratitude.

However I would attribute Jean's return to Marvel being drawn into a corner following a bad year of PR, bad sales, bad creative decisions, the Secret Empire flop and Marvel Legacy flop as well. They needed something surefire to get their numbers back up. What better than OG Jean and better treating the X-Men after their Inhumans push fell flat.

Online
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#163 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

it was 13+a few months wait :P :P XD

and i really thought they wouldnt bring jean back(i gave up from hope to AvX to Teen Jeen) some people say we have teen jeen to thank for making room for real jean lmao ........so ur WELCOME, thanks to my buying up jeen comics from ANXM to Extraordinary to x-men blue and jeen grey solo)

i really thought when we saw real jean back it would be when the 616 universe was at a end and would have to be rebooted LOL.......or like in x-men the end.........jean came back to stop cassie NOVA and then helped storm, rachel, scott, cable, magneto, xavier, build a tree and go transcent this plane of existence :P XD

You have thine sincerest gratitude.

However I would attribute Jean's return to Marvel being drawn into a corner following a bad year of PR, bad sales, bad creative decisions, the Secret Empire flop and Marvel Legacy flop as well. They needed something surefire to get their numbers back up. What better than OG Jean and better treating the X-Men after their Inhumans push fell flat.

Also PR is selling just as good as the DC one that is selling number one(darn it cant think of the name) and beating spiderman as top marvel selling book............jean beats spidey :P XD hmmmm come to think of it, can jean still get her popularity going even after PR??? stay tuned

and i do hope marvel starts pushing x-men and F4..<<<<<<at least it wouldnt fail like the inhuman push LOL

Avatar image for ursaber
#164 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

Also PR is selling just as good as the DC one that is selling number one(darn it cant think of the name) and beating spiderman as top marvel selling book............jean beats spidey :P XD hmmmm come to think of it, can jean still get her popularity going even after PR??? stay tuned

and i do hope marvel starts pushing x-men and F4..<<<<<<at least it wouldnt fail like the inhuman push LOL

Doomsday Clock is without peer. PR is NOTHING next to that masterpiece.

PR is a five issue event. Of course its beating every other Marvel book even ASM.

The Jean Grey solo however can never hope to beat Spidey.

Online
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#165 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Also PR is selling just as good as the DC one that is selling number one(darn it cant think of the name) and beating spiderman as top marvel selling book............jean beats spidey :P XD hmmmm come to think of it, can jean still get her popularity going even after PR??? stay tuned

and i do hope marvel starts pushing x-men and F4..<<<<<<at least it wouldnt fail like the inhuman push LOL

Doomsday Clock is without peer. PR is NOTHING next to that masterpiece.

PR is a five issue event. Of course its beating every other Marvel book even ASM.

The Jean Grey solo however can never hope to beat Spidey.

LOL no i mean can x-men red compete with spidey????? i dont have faith in tom taylor if only matt rosenberg stayed with it (at least matt is a fan of jean) or wheldon i can dream cant i??? LOL

OMG i just realized "doomsday clock" short form is DC as in well DC LOL they named it after themselves >.<

Avatar image for ursaber
#166 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Also PR is selling just as good as the DC one that is selling number one(darn it cant think of the name) and beating spiderman as top marvel selling book............jean beats spidey :P XD hmmmm come to think of it, can jean still get her popularity going even after PR??? stay tuned

and i do hope marvel starts pushing x-men and F4..<<<<<<at least it wouldnt fail like the inhuman push LOL

Doomsday Clock is without peer. PR is NOTHING next to that masterpiece.

PR is a five issue event. Of course its beating every other Marvel book even ASM.

The Jean Grey solo however can never hope to beat Spidey.

LOL no i mean can x-men red compete with spidey????? i dont have faith in tom taylor if only matt rosenberg stayed with it (at least matt is a fan of jean) or wheldon i can dream cant i??? LOL

OMG i just realized "doomsday clock" short form is DC as in well DC LOL they named it after themselves >.<

Neither X-Men Gold or Blue can consistently keep up with Amazing Spider Man though the two books have different release weeks.

DC's actual acronym is Detective Comics, though that name also became a comic book series of its own. BUT, nice point about Doomsday Clock also being the short for DC LOL

Online
Avatar image for iamre321
#167 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Also PR is selling just as good as the DC one that is selling number one(darn it cant think of the name) and beating spiderman as top marvel selling book............jean beats spidey :P XD hmmmm come to think of it, can jean still get her popularity going even after PR??? stay tuned

and i do hope marvel starts pushing x-men and F4..<<<<<<at least it wouldnt fail like the inhuman push LOL

Doomsday Clock is without peer. PR is NOTHING next to that masterpiece.

PR is a five issue event. Of course its beating every other Marvel book even ASM.

The Jean Grey solo however can never hope to beat Spidey.

No Caption Provided

*going off on a tangent here

I haven't read Spidey in a while, not since ASM #1 . He's my favorite and I really liked the Superior Spider-man run as well as the inheritors arc, but there just seemed to be too many titles, alternate spidermen stories, crossovers, marvel events , etc... to keep up (I also didn't really like how in the new ASM #1 they basically made him like the new iron man) . But now I want to catch up on Spidey. Does any one have a good reading list of just 616 spidey (peter parker) and his stories only?...

Avatar image for ursaber
#168 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321:

Spider Man as a Tony Stark wannabe was the WORST thing ever.

To me Spidey is troublesome to read after One More Day.

Ignore any other title that isn't a Peter Parker boom. The current ASM run by Dan Slott (which is thankfully ending this summer) is unreadable. I would recommend reading Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man by Chip Zdarsky but from issue 6 onward. The first five issues while gving context to the story were atrocious.

That or read the JMS run of ASM which began in early 2000. Or read Amazing Spider Man Renew Your Vows.

Online
Avatar image for iamre321
#169 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@iamre321:

Spider Man as a Tony Stark wannabe was the WORST thing ever.

To me Spidey is troublesome to read after One More Day.

Ignore any other title that isn't a Peter Parker boom. The current ASM run by Dan Slott (which is thankfully ending this summer) is unreadable. I would recommend reading Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man by Chip Zdarsky but from issue 6 onward. The first five issues while gving context to the story were atrocious.

That or read the JMS run of ASM which began in early 2000. Or read Amazing Spider Man Renew Your Vows.

Yeah but I need someone to give me the list of all main spidey (PP) issues following ASM #1, I need to catch up. I didn't read much of secret empire or secret wars or anything like that. I don't like time travel, alternate dimensions/versions (venomverse, spiderverse, etc...) or even too much big events like Secret Empire. I just wanna see him balance school / work with being Spidey , dealing with his own villains, while maybe occasionally teaming up with other heroes, no really big convoluted plots or anything, kinda like brand new day...

Avatar image for kgb725
#170 Posted by kgb725 (19239 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Scott should finally go and get some of what Psylocke offered hm

Avatar image for pyrofn
#171 Posted by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: The honest goodness fact from the writing of Bendis, a writer who can’t keep track of his own continuity for goodness sake. Nice try.

Meanwhile, Scott ruined his relationship with Jean. It’s not about what is good for Scott, it’s about what is good for Jean and Scott is no good for Jean. Jean is capable of falling in love with others, so saying that Jean has only loved one man in her entire life proves nothing.

On the bright side, we can see how Bendis supports Jott all the way. How does that sound?! :D

Avatar image for ursaber
#172 Posted by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn:

You guys really need to tone down or just outright end this "feud". Both of you represents two sides of a spectrum. Just agree to disagree. Regardless its beyond our control what these awesome fictional characters are made to do or date by the writers handling them. I've already shared my stance on the whole Jott thing. While I want to see them together again and even all their baggage would not keep them from getting back together at the moment and in the present time such a thig is a bad move for BOTH Jean and Scott. These two have almost always been in a relationship whether with each other or others. They need to live a bachelor life for a little while, get reacquainted with themselves their purpose and their identities as people and superheroes.

Online
Avatar image for ursaber
#173 Edited by ursaber (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@ursaber said:

@iamre321:

Spider Man as a Tony Stark wannabe was the WORST thing ever.

To me Spidey is troublesome to read after One More Day.

Ignore any other title that isn't a Peter Parker boom. The current ASM run by Dan Slott (which is thankfully ending this summer) is unreadable. I would recommend reading Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man by Chip Zdarsky but from issue 6 onward. The first five issues while gving context to the story were atrocious.

That or read the JMS run of ASM which began in early 2000. Or read Amazing Spider Man Renew Your Vows.

Yeah but I need someone to give me the list of all main spidey (PP) issues following ASM #1, I need to catch up. I didn't read much of secret empire or secret wars or anything like that. I don't like time travel, alternate dimensions/versions (venomverse, spiderverse, etc...) or even too much big events like Secret Empire. I just wanna see him balance school / work with being Spidey , dealing with his own villains, while maybe occasionally teaming up with other heroes, no really big convoluted plots or anything, kinda like brand new day...

I stress the options I gave you. Forget reading this current volume of ASM.

If you just want to see classic Spidey without so much baggage, read Ultimate Spider Man from number 1. You'll like it if you just want good Spidey material, balancing personal life and hero life, school relationships, villains, etc.

I also recommend reading the ASM run of JMS (my favorite), ongoing Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man 6- forward or Renew Your Vows.

No time travel or AU shenanigans.

Online
Avatar image for iamre321
#174 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I've already read Ult. Spidey. Thanks tho, any way back to the forum topic.

Avatar image for iamre321
#175 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
@kgb725 said:

Maybe Scott should finally go and get some of what Psylocke offered hm

Ehh I feel like it would've been better if it happened during that whole run where she was flirting with him and he was ogling her, a lot of people think he would've went for it if Jean didn't find out and stopped it and the whole Revanche thing happened (the whole Revanche explanation was BS too).

I feel like if it happened now the relationship would just feel so boring and predictable. For me Jean is a definite no, Psylocke and Emma would be a maybe, but I really wanna see him get into a relationship with someone new. I actually think it would be cool if he came back and more or less became a villain like old Magneto or Shaw and then hooked up with Selene...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#177 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321:

@ursaber said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: @pyrofn:

You guys really need to tone down or just outright end this "feud". Both of you represents two sides of a spectrum. Just agree to disagree. Regardless its beyond our control what these awesome fictional characters are made to do or date by the writers handling them. I've already shared my stance on the whole Jott thing. While I want to see them together again and even all their baggage would not keep them from getting back together at the moment and in the present time such a thig is a bad move for BOTH Jean and Scott. These two have almost always been in a relationship whether with each other or others. They need to live a bachelor life for a little while, get reacquainted with themselves their purpose and their identities as people and superheroes.

yes i think its time for bygones to be bygone.........pyorfn is obviously team scemma and im well die hard team jott 4-ever

1) scott isnt back yet so we have to wait and see

2) i still think jott has a better chance then scemma(who had multiply chances to get back together even after bendis run yet marvel still kept them apart)

3) there is a new head boss at marvel and i like to believe hes more jott then scemma

4) IMO scott with other girls are just called "stand inns" till jean "claims" her man back even psylocke told emma that LOL

No Caption Provided

^^LOL burn!!!!!! End Rant peace out

Avatar image for pyrofn
#178 Posted by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: @ursaber: I guess the fun’s over Hope. Meanwhile,

1) True.

2) Hwat are you talking about. The only chance they ever did have was Bendis run. After that was Secret Wars which killed our Emma and then IvX, a story where Scott died. Emma had no time beyond Bendis to actually work out her relationship with Scott, which is a shame because Bendis did not due Emma justice to begin with, so his reliability is one of the last on the list of writers to trust.

3) Believe what you like, but it wouldn’t be true without further evidence. And to be fair, you have a wild imagination in general, case and point, Jean and Kitty’s imaginary feud you conjured out of knowhere.

4) It’s not about what’s good for Scott. It’s about what’s good for Jean and current Scott is no good for Jean.

End of analysis. Shutting down.

4)

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#179 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: @ursaber: I guess the fun’s over Hope. Meanwhile,

1) True.

2) Hwat are you talking about. The only chance they ever did have was Bendis run. After that was Secret Wars which killed our Emma and then IvX, a story where Scott died. Emma had no time beyond Bendis to actually work out her relationship with Scott, which is a shame because Bendis did not due Emma justice to begin with, so his reliability is one of the last on the list of writers to trust.

3) Believe what you like, but it wouldn’t be true without further evidence. And to be fair, you have a wild imagination in general, case and point, Jean and Kitty’s imaginary feud you conjured out of knowhere.

4) It’s not about what’s good for Scott. It’s about what’s good for Jean and current Scott is no good for Jean.

End of analysis. Shutting down.

4)

to answer ur 4th line ..........the only person who can clean scott's act up is jean grey(who has virtue)..........emma(no class) woud have him declare war on the humans next LOL

Avatar image for pyrofn
#180 Posted by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 4) Possibly, but that would ultimately be up to Scott. Changing his ways doesn’t guarantee his chances with Jean, but the odds of her letting him in would logically be risen. Emma isn’t a dictator leading an army to war. If Scott goes to war, it’s on his own. Emma simply supports whatever path Scott chooses to go on, and it was that support that attracted Scott to begin with.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#181 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 4) Possibly, but that would ultimately be up to Scott. Changing his ways doesn’t guarantee his chances with Jean, but the odds of her letting him in would logically be risen. Emma isn’t a dictator leading an army to war. If Scott goes to war, it’s on his own. Emma simply supports whatever path Scott chooses to go on, and it was that support that attracted Scott to begin with.

are u saying jean wouldnt support scott??? grrrrrrrrhatepyrofn <<<<lol

jean in x-factor vol 1........both scott and warren wanted to quit......and jean didnt and basically said to heck with u both and went flying off........then later the boys agreed to form x-factor

Avatar image for iamre321
#182 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 4) Possibly, but that would ultimately be up to Scott. Changing his ways doesn’t guarantee his chances with Jean, but the odds of her letting him in would logically be risen. Emma isn’t a dictator leading an army to war. If Scott goes to war, it’s on his own. Emma simply supports whatever path Scott chooses to go on, and it was that support that attracted Scott to begin with.

are u saying jean wouldnt support scott??? grrrrrrrrhatepyrofn <<<<lol

jean in x-factor vol 1........both scott and warren wanted to quit......and jean didnt and basically said to heck with u both and went flying off........then later the boys agreed to form x-factor

Lol hope getting mad.... Scott needs to find someone new, they both aren't the teens they were when they first meet...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#183 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:
@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 4) Possibly, but that would ultimately be up to Scott. Changing his ways doesn’t guarantee his chances with Jean, but the odds of her letting him in would logically be risen. Emma isn’t a dictator leading an army to war. If Scott goes to war, it’s on his own. Emma simply supports whatever path Scott chooses to go on, and it was that support that attracted Scott to begin with.

are u saying jean wouldnt support scott??? grrrrrrrrhatepyrofn <<<<lol

jean in x-factor vol 1........both scott and warren wanted to quit......and jean didnt and basically said to heck with u both and went flying off........then later the boys agreed to form x-factor

Lol hope getting mad.... Scott needs to find someone new, they both aren't the teens they were when they first meet...

but why bring back jean not for scott????? i would rather have no jean if jean doesnt end up with scott.........i could not go another 13+ yrs with scemma.........i would quit x-men books yet again LOL

Avatar image for iamre321
#184 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#185 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for pyrofn
#186 Posted by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Never said that, but with how current Scott is, maybe. Like you said, Jean would be the one to change Scott, inadvertently even considering Scott felt the need to be this perfect man in her eyes, yet he could be himself with Emma. It’s a false assertion about Jean, but it was how he felt. Needless to say, Jean would support his decision normally before Scott went with his controversial nature. Now, I can definitely see arguments as bad or worse than what Morrison put out for the two.

Avatar image for pyrofn
#187 Posted by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Finally caught up. So the truth comes out. You’re no Jean fan, you’re a Jott fan. Lol!

Marvel brought Jean back for sales on a beloved character. I figured you would know that, rather than see opportunity to propel the Jott campaign. Jean could easily be with Logan or any other character because Scott isn’t what makes Jean who she is. Scott never molded her and Scott most certainly isn’t the only thing she needs to come back. You don’t like it, too bad, because Jean doesn’t need Scott and Scott shouldn’t get his hopes up for Jean.

This is all about Jean now honey, no Scott will be coming into this picture anytime soon.

Avatar image for iamre321
#188 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol they aren't even a couple in the entirety of that show... The whole time Scott was crushing on Jean and Jean was dating that Football star lol... The show wasn't even that good, though Jean's look/costume was pretty good, but yeah they aren't even together in that show lol...

@pyrofn I agree, Jean needs to stay single for a while, if Scott comes back though I wouldn't mind to see him with someone new, I mean everytime Jean has "died" he moved on pretty quickly lol. Its also why I posted this other forum post:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/x-men/4060-3173/forums/scott-and-jeans-relationship-scotts-compete-love-i-1916183/

to see what other women he's attracted to and see who would be a good fit for him. I feel like Storm or Psylocke would be the obvious choices and would be too predictable, any of the other girls though I'm more open to.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#189 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Finally caught up. So the truth comes out. You’re no Jean fan, you’re a Jott fan. Lol!

Marvel brought Jean back for sales on a beloved character. I figured you would know that, rather than see opportunity to propel the Jott campaign. Jean could easily be with Logan or any other character because Scott isn’t what makes Jean who she is. Scott never molded her and Scott most certainly isn’t the only thing she needs to come back. You don’t like it, too bad, because Jean doesn’t need Scott and Scott shouldn’t get his hopes up for Jean.

This is all about Jean now honey, no Scott will be coming into this picture anytime soon.

LOL cant i be pro-jean and pro jott???? who says a girl cant have it all 0.o

off topic: does anyone know what happens after infinity countdown?? does it lead to another infinity story?

2) on beeding cool: there is a rumor about Avengers/x-men crossover weekly......ugh

3) cable get a push after infinity countdown

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#190 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @iamre321: @ursaber@koays@mrnihal ok i cant help but get two digs in

1) emma said "sometimes when scott and i were intimate, scott's mind would wonder to jean and the butte in new mexico" that sounds like he was thinking of another woman while having sex with frost even though jean was dead and he was with emma??? o.0 (see PR 3)

2) jean is not over scott and she never will be ........everytime she is at deaths door......she thinks of scott.......scott will alway be "the one" for jean as she said on her wedding day........PR3 also had jean reaching out to scott

No Caption Provided

its nice having the final word :D :D

Avatar image for pyrofn
#191 Posted by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) It is entirely possible. It has been apparent that Scott always thought of Jean and recently started to long for her. I doubt that would change Jeans mind about Scott if she were still around at the moment in time Emma is mentioning.

2) Phoenix Resurrection is with an amnesiac Jean who is dating her boyfriend who happened to be Scott Summers having dreams of the time she nearly died, which by the way was a time when she was dating Scott, aka she doesn’t remember all that they had gone through. The scan proves nothing.

Deaths door huh? What times you thinking about? You mean the times she was with Scott or Endsong where Scott made it clear to her he loved Emma, not her, prompting her to accept it as fact? Again, your mention proves nothing.

Thank you, have a nice day. :P

Avatar image for iamre321
#192 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Agreed Pyrofn, but why're you ignoring me?

Avatar image for pyrofn
#193 Edited by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: I’m sorry if I seemed like I was. I probably either didn’t have much to say or accidentally skimmed over your comment when looking at my list of notifications.

I honestly don’t know why I hadn’t caught your comment since you are in my notifications.

Avatar image for iamre321
#194 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: I was just wondering if theres any other than Psylocke or Storm who you think would be a good fit for Scott?

Avatar image for adamtrmm
#195 Posted by adamTRMM (9244 posts) - - Show Bio

OK during AvX we all saw marvel pushing scott away from emma............when it was AvX 11, at the end when scott was going dark phoenix he said "this is what jean felt" not emma but jean? Then jean/shadow figure helped scott get his senses back and let go of the phoenix(never confirmed if it was really jean or phoenix playing with his head)

Because Emma wasn't the original Phoenix?

2) in AvX infinite pt 2 scott was still remembering jean and said "how did jean deal with Telepathy at a young age and not have her head explored" (no thought of emma who also was a TP at a young age?) then he also says "jean, darling jean" and "the one who knew me best" again jean? not emma who he was currently seeing?

Doesn't make them more interesting, still :p

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#196 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9383 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: i wasnt online yesterday/..........hopefully gave u enough time to catch up notes XD :D :O

Avatar image for pyrofn
#197 Edited by PyroFN (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: If I were to go with a Jean-like personality, I’d choose....ok, there really isn’t a Jean personality out there at the moment. I would say Sue Storm, but she is still married to Reed. I’d say Polaris, but it could be awkward since she used to date his brother, but that is up to Scott’s preference though.

An Emma personality, well, no one can be Emma, but close ones, maybe: Monet. Selene is not a good choixe unless Scott were a full Villian, but if such were the case and we were throwing logic out the window, might as well put Madelyne with him.

Others, maybe Carol Danvers based on their leader type personalities (Though they’ll probably butt-heads), Crystal maybe???, Rogue, and Sage.

Edit: You can probably guess that this one took some thought.

Avatar image for iamre321
#198 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@iamre321: If I were to go with a Jean-like personality, I’d choose....ok, there really isn’t a Jean personality out there at the moment. I would say Sue Storm, but she is still married to Reed. I’d say Polaris, but it could be awkward since she used to date his brother, but that is up to Scott’s preference though.

An Emma personality, well, no one can be Emma, but close ones, maybe: Monet. Selene is not a good choixe unless Scott were a full Villian, but if such were the case and we were throwing logic out the window, might as well put Madelyne with him.

Others, maybe Carol Danvers based on their leader type personalities (Though they’ll probably butt-heads), Crystal maybe???, Rogue, and Sage.

Edit: You can probably guess that this one took some thought.

Nice list.

1. Sue- She and Jean do have similar personalities, and both dating guys who never fully appreciate them lol. But I feel like out of all the big marvel couples Reed and Sue have lasted the longest, though they've had issues as far as I know they've never dated anyone else. I feel like theres just no way they would ever break up, but it would definitely be interesting to see. I'm just not sure what would attract Sue to Scott and while I do like crossovers and the idea of dating outside the team, I feel like the X-men/FF haven't had much interaction... The only interaction I remember was this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111125827/4470844-6720616213-subtl.jpg

I love Emma but man shes just such a mean girl sometimes especially to girls who generally known to be beautiful , kind, strong , etc... like Jean and Sue...

2. Polaris- Don't actually know too much about her, are havok and her still a couple?(also yeah it would be kinda awkward lol) I heard in the ultimate-verse scott and polaris were a couple, haven't really seen much interaction between the two in 616...

3. Monet- Don't know too much about her either... She was in the HF club right? But now shes a reformed hero like emma right? I feel that could work, though haven't seen them interact, she's certainly attractive enough.

4. Selene/Maddie- I do actually wanna see him go full villain though, like the way he was he was similar to reformed magneto, but if he does become a full-villain ie willing to cross the line, hurt innocents, fight heroes, etc... to keep his mutant revolution going then I do think it would be interesting to see him join up with the HF club and get with Selene. I would rather see Selene than Maddie because 1. new relationship is always more interesting than rehashing old ones, and 2. because I feel like even if Scott does become a villain a big part of her character is doing things in order to make Scott miserable as payback for what he did.

5. Carol- I just remember them arguing during Civil War, ehh personalities too similar, both strong calculating leaders of teams. Speaking of which I'm also pretty surprised that him and Storm have never hooked up despite so much history:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mchz40.jpg

plus she was also seen in his fantasy.

6. Crystal would be interesting, like a peace treaty between the inhumans and mutants.

7. Sage- I wouldn't mind seeing this one either, but don't know much about her character/history either...

Avatar image for iamre321
#199 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for iamre321
#200 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn/ @ursaber / @outside_85 : Thoughts on PR #5? I'll bet @hopesummersforthefuture loved it though...

No Caption Provided

grrr.....

Still it was more of a goodbye , thanks for the memories kiss rather than a lets get back together kiss? Also why did Jean turn Scott back to being dead again? Glad Jean is back though, I'm curious if she's gonna have a different / darker personality...