#101 Edited by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Circumstances where a person would accept a cheating partners implication of thinking of them while having sexual with someone else:

•Desperation- The person is so scared of being alone or being humiliated publicly that they stay with their partner begrudgingly. Considering Jean was as ok as a person could be with news of what happened between Scott and Emma, this is unlikely. Jean also has plenty of admirers to rebound on if loneliness were the culprit so she has no reason for any desperation.

•Yandere- Ok, I’m using a Japanese trope, but for those who don’t know, a yandere is a lovesick person, obsessed with the object of their affection so much they’d do anything to be with that loved one, going so far as to underhanded things, manipulation, or even murder. Jean has every opportunity to this day to kill Emma, Force Scott’s thoughts, and get away with it with no one being the wiser. That wasn’t the case lorewise, so that’s out.

•Stupidity- Plain and Simple. Jean’s mama didn’t raise no fool, so the likelihood of this taking place is at 0%.

2) Marvel confirmed sometime before Issue 8 of Jean Grey’s solo that the relationship of Scott and Jean was all but confirmed publicly to be over. That should give you a clear indication of who Scott chose in his heart before Jean died. Nice try.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#102 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

@pyrofn: ^^ song fits jott perfectly :P :P :P :D

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#104 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: You really don't care for Scott do you.

#105 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: You want to know what other songs fit that one

Don’t Hold Your Breath by Nicole Scherzinger

I Hate This Part Right Here by Pussycat Dolls

Early Winter by Gwen Stefani

Cool by Gwen Stefani

Home Ain’t Where His Heart Is Anymore by Shania Twain

Poor Me by Shania Twain

I’m Alright by Shania Twain

Do I need to keep going?

#106 Edited by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@theheaven_guardian10: I can see why you’d think so, but I more or less fall under ambivalence.

What I don’t care for is Jott. More specifically Jean jumping into a relationship with Scott the moment she and Scott get the chance. Yes, it has to do with the flaws in Scott’s character over the years, but that hardly makes me a Cyclops hater when pointing out the simple fact of the matter being Scott is no good for Jean. Too much baggage not only in his relationship with Jean, but his love life as a whole. His current personality not only wouldn’t mesh with Jean, it would be a hinderance for Jeans character to completely ignore what has happened in the past. Scott needs to rebuild what he had with Jean, starting with a friendship. Then once Jean starts to come around, sow the seeds of a budding romance. Think ‘Parent Trap’, only slower.

#107 Edited by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio
@pyrofn said:

@theheaven_guardian10: I can see why you’d think so, but I more or less fall under ambivalence.

What I don’t care for is Jott. More specifically Jean jumping into a relationship with Scott the moment she and Scott get the chance. Yes, it has to do with the flaws in Scott’s character over the years, but that hardly makes me a Cyclops hater when pointing out the simple fact of the matter being Scott is no good for Jean. Too much baggage not only in his relationship with Jean, but his love life as a whole. His current personality not only wouldn’t mesh with Jean, it would be a hinderance for Jeans character to completely ignore what has happened in the past. Scott needs to rebuild what he had with Jean, starting with a friendship. Then once Jean starts to come around, sow the seeds of a budding romance. Think ‘Parent Trap’, only slower.

So Jean is flawless and holds no responsible in what transpired between her and Scott? Everything is Scott's fault?

I major Jott supporter. But I do agree they shouldn't rush into a relationship at first chance or opportunity. You don't sound like a Scott hater, but also don't sound necessarily like a fan either. Which is cool.

#108 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @theheaven_guardian10: @ursaber@mcklayn@hawk2916 Are we not forgetting Apocalypse broke jean and scott's psychic rapport???? If that never happened, who know maybe jott would have never broken up........scott had what PDSP from having Apocalypse bad feeling but he was also suffering from not being so close to jean as he once was 90's prior

2) in "eve of destruction"........scott(in the sewers with wolverine) tell logan "we need to get to jean, shes in trouble" Logan says "i thought ur rapport with jean was broken" where scott says "it is but she still my wife" Jean didnt TP that.......so scott could still "Sense" jean even without there psychic rapport o.0

#109 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @theheaven_guardian10: @ursaber@mcklayn@hawk2916 back for act too LOL

No Caption Provided

in those days^^, wolverine was the only one to notice emma was "good looking" LOL

No Caption Provided

^^ everyone in the superhero community feels the same way firestar here does.....even kitty in astonishing that emma was controlling scott.......even Cap in "escape from the negative zone crossover" didnt like the idea of emmaXscott and told scott that personally.......storm did as well .........wolverine thought scott was grieving and living in "denial" OMG <<<<<<<thats exactly what it is .......scott after all these years werent acting like himself.........also grieve leads to denial

#110 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol feels like this conversation is going nowhere.... It doesn't matter what their friends or teammates say or their past history/relationships... All that matters is that Scott did in fact without a doubt chose Emma, he would have broken up with Jean 100% if she hadn't died, doesn't matter if you are a Jott fan or Scemma fan that's 100% the truth. Also I'm pretty sure many people still care for and remember their ex's , that doesn't mean that they haven't moved on.

#111 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol feels like this conversation is going nowhere.... It doesn't matter what their friends or teammates say or their past history/relationships... All that matters is that Scott did in fact without a doubt chose Emma, he would have broken up with Jean 100% if she hadn't died, doesn't matter if you are a Jott fan or Scemma fan that's 100% the truth. Also I'm pretty sure many people still care for and remember their ex's , that doesn't mean that they haven't moved on.

yeah will looks like scemma is dead and buried........and i actually feel sorry for u scemma fans thinking scemma was end game which wasnt and will always be jott same with @pyrofn :P XD XD

#112 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@theheaven_guardian10: Ok, I see where you are going and trust me I understand why. This is my disclaimer, I never said Jean was perfect, but unlike Scott, Jean made dang sure to keep herself in check when it came to Wolverine throughout the many years she has been with Scott. She had very few slip ups but never gave in over the years and Logan eventually got the hint in Morrisons run. And all things considered, Scott chose to stay by Jean through it all. Whoop-de-do, give him a medal for not having second thoughts until Emma, not like he made a vow when he married her. Now that he has problems with Apocalypse, he decides to change his mind about Jean? After they are married?

Jean confided in Logan true, but she still had resolve to be with Scott, not meaning to actually start anything with Logan. Scott on the otherhand has a habit of turning to the next woman who wants him whenever he conveniently is having trouble. Colleen Wing, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Madelyne Pryor, and Jean herself even.

I’m overall indifferent about Scott as a character, but my god, I kept reading the Dark Phoenix Saga with Scott’s lines. Jott was good, but Morrison did a number to damage it and all Scott’s woman trouble wouldn’t have been an issue had he not decided to choose Emma or at least stick with Emma Past Jeans Resurrection. At the very least it would’ve guaranteed a smaller arc because time would have passed for Jean and Scott to build something while he was dating Emma, something I could honestly get behind. (Goodness, I think I just gave HopeSummersforthefuture her scenario of revenge on Emma and Jott’s happy ending) That wasn’t the case, Scott once more couldn’t keep a relationship with Emma, starts missing Jean when he is in a bad place, and now people want Jean to run to him as she is being resurrected without a chance of at least establishing who she is and what she wants without Scott. She had gone through so much and this Resurrection will be a turning point for her as Rosenberg masterful hints at Considering he is basically picturing what Jeans ideal life is, a life she won’t get, which should change her. A reestablishing of what Jott could be to those two would be welcoming to me if done right.

#113 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@theheaven_guardian10: @iamre321: @pyrofn:i think we chased that poster off ^^

LOL my two cents are : How does Cyclops and Emma's (failed) relationship qualify as "real?" Their relationship consisted primarily of lurid bed scenes, witty quips, and the occasional jealousy gimmick (see Namor). It's not the least bit real. It's just played up for entertainment value. It's also woefully shallow. It was never that serious. They never got back together. It was never that deep. It was all playful sexy banter. That's not a real relationship.

2) namor was being used to make scott jealous and it didnt work.......the only time scott got jealous was when warren(x-factor Vol 1) or Logan was "sniffing" around jean

@ursaber

#114 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

LOL my two cents are : How does Cyclops and Emma's (failed) relationship qualify as "real?" Their relationship consisted primarily of lurid bed scenes, witty quips, and the occasional jealousy gimmick (see Namor). It's not the least bit real. It's just played up for entertainment value. It's also woefully shallow. It was never that serious. They never got back together. It was never that deep. It was all playful sexy banter. That's not a real relationship.

2) namor was being used to make scott jealous and it didnt work.......the only time scott got jealous was when warren(x-factor Vol 1) or Logan was "sniffing" around jean

@ursaber

Haha nope wrong. Yes sex was a big part of it, but that's fine, that's not all it was.

No Caption Provided

Here is literally Emma and Scott refuting everything you've just said, you're like Rachel you can't accept the truth.

It was deeper and they considered getting back together, Emma was devastated when Scott died. So yeah.....

#115 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@ursaber

Haha nope wrong. Yes sex was a big part of it, but that's fine, that's not all it was.

No Caption Provided

Here is literally Emma and Scott refuting everything you've just said, you're like Rachel you can't accept the truth.

It was deeper and they considered getting back together, Emma was devastated when Scott died. So yeah.....

haha but that was in emma and rachels head not scott's :P :D ^^ that pic is useless cause we dont know how scott feels

Although now im thinking, wouldnt it be nice if jean could find someone new and not look back at scott ever again <<<it would be what scott deserves :P :P :P

#116 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: I agree lol, that's what @pyrofn and I were saying. ScottxJean were a good couple before but too much has happened, they are no longer compatible. Scott can be with Emma, and Jean can move onto somebody else. Or in my fantasy Emma and Jean would get together.

#117 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I agree lol, that's what @pyrofn and I were saying. ScottxJean were a good couple before but too much has happened, they are no longer compatible. Scott can be with Emma, and Jean can move onto somebody else. Or in my fantasy Emma and Jean would get together.

if jean gets over scott then she would be the first woman to do that..........but since this is marvel run by well mostly men.......sure they try to make some of there female leads like cap marvel or squirrel girl or jessica jones..........but still dependent on a man LOL

I hope by next year we can get a new x-men cartoon...........how mant times did marvel try with avengers cartton and they all well eventually fail or get rebooted LOL

maybe they can bring wolverine and the x-men season two <<<<it was more darker with a edge

#118 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

if jean gets over scott then she would be the first woman to do that..........but since this is marvel run by well mostly men.......sure they try to make some of there female leads like cap marvel or squirrel girl or jessica jones..........but still dependent on a man LOL

I hope by next year we can get a new x-men cartoon...........how mant times did marvel try with avengers cartton and they all well eventually fail or get rebooted LOL

maybe they can bring wolverine and the x-men season two <<<<it was more darker with a edge

YESS!!!! Agreed!! (Though Avengers EMH was pretty good). Would love to see Wolverine and the X-men S2 so badly , they even teased it with Apocalypse... why did they have to cancel?....... :( Also why did Jean have to come back and Emma had to die?...... :'(

#119 Edited by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Thanks for answering my question.

#121 Edited by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Posted by adamTRMM (9240 posts) - - Show Bio

Let them all go their separate ways. Soap opera can be appealing that much...

#123 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

i like the drama and the tension..........we need jean, logan, emma and scott(back from the dead) on the same team again lol just like in morrison's run but wheldon writing it :D :D

#124 Posted by adamTRMM (9240 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

No, what WE need is hard sci fi, thrilling existentialist concepts with lots of pathos and strong characterization. Relationships MIGHT be a possibility the second they get the basics right. :p

#125 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

i like the drama and the tension..........we need jean, logan, emma and scott(back from the dead) on the same team again lol just like in morrison's run but wheldon writing it :D :D

They need to do a good job balancing everything; relationships, action, character dev, etc... You have to admit the ScottxEmmaxJean love triangle was fun, too bad it didn't actually last too many issues.

#126 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

They need to do a good job balancing everything; relationships, action, character dev, etc... You have to admit the ScottxEmmaxJean love triangle was fun, too bad it didn't actually last too many issues.

yeah........i wonder how it would go if jean didnt die .........would jean leave and start her own group of x-men or would emma/scott leave and make there own x-team?

Also can we all agree that scott is a serial dater/merrier XD :D

#127 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio
#128 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

yeah........i wonder how it would go if jean didnt die .........would jean leave and start her own group of x-men or would emma/scott leave and make there own x-team?

Also can we all agree that scott is a serial dater/merrier XD :D

Honestly I think that Jean was closer to Xavier, Beast, Storm, Wolverine, Kitty, etc... and Emma wasn't very well liked and neither was Scott after it was revealed what happened so I think Jean would've stayed and Scott and Emma would've left to form Utopia maybe or another school maybe taking some students with them.

Yes, Scott has been with many beautiful women, he's certainly a lucky guy... XD

#129 Posted by adamTRMM (9240 posts) - - Show Bio
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

Eh I found I wasn't really into it because I didn't really like Morrison's characterization. I loved Gillen's triangle much more interesting (Scott-Emma-Namor) because it had this psychological tension/edge to it. But yeah, it went nowhere, just the format was much better to me.

#130 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

Eh I found I wasn't really into it because I didn't really like Morrison's characterization. I loved Gillen's triangle much more interesting (Scott-Emma-Namor) because it had this psychological tension/edge to it. But yeah, it went nowhere, just the format was much better to me.

ugh what bugged me about namor/scott/emma was scott didnt look to concerned about it........if it was logan after emma then scott would go nuts.........or maybe he trusted emma completely that there was no reason to be jealous.......although i liked namor flirting with emma in front of everyone even scott but even then scott just ignored it :/ :P

#131 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

ugh what bugged me about namor/scott/emma was scott didnt look to concerned about it........if it was logan after emma then scott would go nuts.........or maybe he trusted emma completely that there was no reason to be jealous.......although i liked namor flirting with emma in front of everyone even scott but even then scott just ignored it :/ :P

He and Emma had a strong bond, he knew a lot of guys would be staring at her, but they trust each other. My guess is Namor never took it too far like beyond verbal flirting and he trusted Emma that's why he didn't do anything, also he probably needed Namor on the team. But yeah I also didn't like the whole Namor/Emma thing going on.

#132 Edited by adamTRMM (9240 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

He and Emma had a strong bond, he knew a lot of guys would be staring at her, but they trust each other. My guess is Namor never took it too far like beyond verbal flirting and he trusted Emma that's why he didn't do anything, also he probably needed Namor on the team. But yeah I also didn't like the whole Namor/Emma thing going on.

Actually Namor kissed her and was hitting on her really hard lol But yeah, Scott was completely unconcerned (or was that denial?) and that was the thing I liked it was unconventional and unpredictable. Loved it.

#133 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: He tried to kiss her she stopped it, they kissed while under the influence of the Phoenix. But yeah whatever if you like it that's fine. Lets move on, I still like the Scott/Emma/Jean triangle, this thread isn't really about Namor lol.

#134 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

Actually Namor kissed her and was hitting on her really hard lol But yeah, Scott was completely unconcerned (or was that denial?) and that was the thing I liked it was unconventional and unpredictable. Loved it.

i liked it when marvel hinted they would break up like emma during dark reign and joined her short lived dark x-men(but at first she didnt tell scott then she told him and was going to leave him and fight osborn and probably get herself killed o.0) Then scott didnt tell emma about x-force killing to keep baby hope safe..........and they promised each other not secrets and no shame.......but still had secrets later on........even sometimes scott didnt trust emma.........emma wanted to be scott's equal partner but felt more like "just a girlfriend" :P XD

#135 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@adamtrmm: He tried to kiss her she stopped it, they kissed while under the influence of the Phoenix. But yeah whatever if you like it that's fine. Lets move on, I still like the Scott/Emma/Jean triangle, this thread isn't really about Namor lol.

now we will get a OML/jean/Namor or if scott get back scott/jean/namor LOL emma is a villain, bunn said he was working on a redemption story for emma(but idk maybe she will be killed off, cause marvel likes "temporary deaths money grab")

sidenote: real logan died in late 2014 and is back now in late 2017+.........scott has been dead a month in comic book time but was not shown 6 months prior to his death

#136 Edited by adamTRMM (9240 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:
@iamre321 said:
@adamtrmm said:

i liked it when marvel hinted they would break up like emma during dark reign and joined her short lived dark x-men(but at first she didnt tell scott then she told him and was going to leave him and fight osborn and probably get herself killed o.0) Then scott didnt tell emma about x-force killing to keep baby hope safe..........and they promised each other not secrets and no shame.......but still had secrets later on........even sometimes scott didnt trust emma.........emma wanted to be scott's equal partner but felt more like "just a girlfriend" :P XD

Yeah, The Confession. It was a good issue. Miss K/Y writing.

@iamre321 said:

He did kiss her after she invaded the mind of Kuurth and it made her want to kill Hope. Sure, she pushed him back, but it's where shit started to get real.

But yeah, this isn't the right thread to discuss it.

#137 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: @iamre321: @adamtrmm: OK during AvX we all saw marvel pushing scott away from emma............when it was AvX 11, at the end when scott was going dark phoenix he said "this is what jean felt" not emma but jean? Then jean/shadow figure helped scott get his senses back and let go of the phoenix(never confirmed if it was really jean or phoenix playing with his head)

2) in AvX infinite pt 2 scott was still remembering jean and said "how did jean deal with Telepathy at a young age and not have her head explored" (no thought of emma who also was a TP at a young age?) then he also says "jean, darling jean" and "the one who knew me best" again jean? not emma who he was currently seeing?

XD :P

Loading Video...

at the end of the video he carries some moon dust awwww love jott :')

#138 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Oh hush. Emma isn't an expert on the Phoenix and she only briefly experienced the Phoenix. Meanwhile Jean has felt everything, not to mention you are using bad writing to propel your jott campaign. Keep up the good work. ;P

2) Emma didn't have to deal with telepathy at a young age. She got her powers at the age range mutants gain their powers. Meanwhile, Jean got her powers as a little girl around 7ish. This isn't a matter of"I love Jean". Just empathetic retrospect. Your desperation is showing.

#139 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Oh hush. Emma isn't an expert on the Phoenix and she only briefly experienced the Phoenix. Meanwhile Jean has felt everything, not to mention you are using bad writing to propel your jott campaign. Keep up the good work. ;P

2) Emma didn't have to deal with telepathy at a young age. She got her powers at the age range mutants gain their powers. Meanwhile, Jean got her powers as a little girl around 7ish. This isn't a matter of"I love Jean". Just empathetic retrospect. Your desperation is showing.

LOL VICTORY IS MINE!!!!! AND WE WILL ALL KNOW IT BY SEPT 2018 ANN 55TH :P :P :P

and second of all emma used TP longer then jean(who had hers locked away from xavier......jean almost got the same fate as matthew malloy :P) yet..........jean still beats emma TP wise :P

u an'it breaking my jott spirit <<<<<even marvel tried to to that with scemma and it didnt work :P Also pyrofn, dear pyrofn ur true pro-scemma is showing...........jott(first love/truelove/sacrificing love) scemma(selfish love/true to make it look real but this is supposed to be reel LOL)

No Caption Provided

^^ I'll just leave this here, knowing in my heart of hearts that i leave a winner...........all hail queen of the x-boards :P XD XD

#140 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol @pyrofn for the win again, like he said Jean had more experience with the Phoenix than Emma did ( side note: Jean looks so hot even when made out of moon dust...)

@hopesummersforthefuture also why so much Emma hate?... :( , you literally have a pic of Emma on fire with the caption "so burn emma"...

Of course @pyrofn likes Scemma better than Jott, its the better pairing ;)

#141 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol @pyrofn for the win again, like he said Jean had more experience with the Phoenix than Emma did ( side note: Jean looks so hot even when made out of moon dust...)

@hopesummersforthefuture also why so much Emma hate?... :( , you literally have a pic of Emma on fire with the caption "so burn emma"...

Of course @pyrofn likes Scemma better than Jott, its the better pairing ;)

LOL the "so burn emma" was a quote from morrison's run when jean found out about the affair

emma would have been a cool character but to mess herself with jeanXscott is just bad .........and im sorry a woman who goes after a married man in any day is called a *blank*(they say it in soaps all the time) <<<<< even if the husband was "Struggling" any normal person would yeah try to talk and maybe suggest a divorce? couple counselling? its not like scott went to a bar looking for a hook-up/one night stand.........emma in scott's head turned it into a affair and used some tricks to do so ie dressing as jean while u-know-what........was scott thinking of jean or emma???

No Caption Provided

^^ i do like superhero catfights LOL especially if jean has the upper hand

#142 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture

Ehh I'd rather see Jean and Emma become like Betty and Veronica, bickering rivals with opposite personalities but also like best friends.

" its not like scott went to a bar looking for a hook-up/one night stand.........emma in scott's head turned it into a affair" - You're right he only decided to secretly meet with a hot co-worker who has already offered herself to him and talk about his sex life in secret with her. He also saw what her immediate reaction to his request was:

No Caption Provided

It was the start of a great relationship, I only wish it lasted longer and we saw more of what was going on.

*Obviously I don't think what Emma OR Scott did was ok, esp irl, but what happened happened. He chose to cheat on his wife.

The whole Scott x Jean x Emma triangle was what made X-men really interesting for a while. I would say the best 3 eras of X-men are the beginning issues, the X-men series (where the blue/gold team started) and Morrison's run where this happened...

#143 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: yeah and the whole jean/scott/emma is talked/fought about to today........its either team jott or team scemma.........even this forum got alot of views in a few days LOL plus its more interesting to see people fight within the same age group........sorry not sorry to logan LOL

#144 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Enjoy your delusions. Meanwhile,

1) Emma is self-taught. Jean was taught by the most powerful telepath in the world of the time. Jean holds jurisdiction based on that teaching in conjunction with her omega-level gifts. That is what puts Jean on top. Emma isn't anything to sneeze at though. Emma is still currently named one of the most powerful telepaths, only being behind Jean and Xavier. (@koays would mention Rachel, but Rachel has et to have that recognition outright and I've yet to recall all her glorious telepathic feats to compare to Jean. The only consolation being her having Xavier's telepathy, but we've yet to see her institute it as effectively as Xavier did)

2) Persistence is admirable, but you still have yet to back yourself up. Keep up the spirit in ignorance. :D

3) Stop making excuses for Scott. Scott very much has telepathic resistance by Jeans help. Emma at the time didn't know Scotts mind like she does now, so to imply Emma was psychically manipulating him and that he truly wanted Jean is false. If Scott were to keep resisting, Jean would've eventually found out earlier and had saved Scott. No, Scott indulged in Emma's advances in spite of his initial reservations. He knew exactly what he was doing was wrong and he went ahead. Scott is at fault. Deal with it. *puts on sunglasses

4) Jean does not need Scott. Scott doesn't deserve Jean. Jean needs some alone time without Scott of any relationship. Jott won't be happening anytime soon.

#145 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Lol yep, ikr? Scott knew exactly what he was doing, I hate it when people make it sound like evil mastermind Emma manipulated/brainwashed poor vulnerable Scott into sleeping with her.

And then going beyond that some of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to this argument are when:

1. People try to compare the whole Scott/Emma ordeal to the Jean/Logan situation, which to me doesn't really compare. Sure Jean was wrong to kiss him that one time and of course shes not perfect, but people literally call her St. Jean as a joke because shes known for being such a kindhearted person.

2. I literally saw this guy on another forum (CBR) who, I couldn't even tell if he was trolling or not, kept on saying how they never actually had sex because we as the reader never straight up see all of it. And that because its not explicitly shown that means "they were just kissing" (and since we've seen logan and jean kissing before its ok basically)... I've also heard people say that the garden incident was the first time they were actually going to do anything and jean stopped it short so "technically nothing happened" which is crazy since it was implied that it was going on for weeks.

3. And then the worst are the ones who say that since it was all in their heads technically they did nothing wrong, and Jean is worse cause she and logan have actually kissed physically.... smh....

#146 Posted by Koays (11483 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: Lol wait what did me or my wife do? I'm like the champion of Emma being Top 3. I basically created the X-boards psychic Top 10 around the idea that Emma Jean and Xavier have the highest averages in the 3 telepaths stats....I feel as though I'm being mistargeted just because I'm in a committed relationship with the 4th best psychic on the planet.

@iamre321 Idk about everything else your saying (mostly because I've been drinking and don't care that much about the subject) but Scott said to Emma in a one on one conversation that he never touched her while Jean was alive. That trumps assumptions since it doesn't really make sense for him to lie to the other person who knows...

As far as Scott cheating with Emma...who cares anymore? He cheated and in most books that makes him automatically at fault. Do we take away the fact that he had PTSD from Apocalypse or that his therapist used sessions to get close to him. No, we can't because those are factors that made him more likely to cheat. At the same time, cheating is cheating and barring complete mind control he always had the option of using better judgement since he knew it was wrong.

#148 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Cyclops has never been the most liked X-Men lol. It doesn't really matter what he been through/going through. He wasn't in the place mentally or emotionally. No excuse what so every. But those things are never taking into consideration. It's all his fault lol. But like you said

"cheating is cheating and barring complete mind control he always had the option of using better judgement since he knew it was wrong."

#149 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@pyrofn: Lol wait what did me or my wife do? I'm like the champion of Emma being Top 3. I basically created the X-boards psychic Top 10 around the idea that Emma Jean and Xavier have the highest averages in the 3 telepaths stats....I feel as though I'm being mistargeted just because I'm in a committed relationship with the 4th best psychic on the planet.

@iamre321 Idk about everything else your saying (mostly because I've been drinking and don't care that much about the subject) but Scott said to Emma in a one on one conversation that he never touched her while Jean was alive. That trumps assumptions since it doesn't really make sense for him to lie to the other person who knows...

As far as Scott cheating with Emma...who cares anymore? He cheated and in most books that makes him automatically at fault. Do we take away the fact that he had PTSD from Apocalypse or that his therapist used sessions to get close to him. No, we can't because those are factors that made him more likely to cheat. At the same time, cheating is cheating and barring complete mind control he always had the option of using better judgement since he knew it was wrong.

@pyrofn when jean confronted emma about the affair she said "u had no right to take ADVANTAGE of scott" while its about emma causing trouble as usually

No Caption Provided

2) ur still ignoring the fact that scott said "jean knew me best" as i said above(he said that while still dating emma at the time)

3) then also from morrison: emma admits that jott's love is so pure while she is shallow, spiteful and manipulative........emma also said she had no defense

No Caption Provided

and that me FTW :D XD :P

#150 Posted by PyroFN (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@theheaven_guardian10: Ambivalence. I have very mixed feelings about him when it involves Jean. Beyond that, I’m indifferent.