#51 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Really? I haven't noticed any changes in Emma?... Also yeah they do despise each other don't they? lol... "If Scott were still around and he'd pissed them both off simultaneously, they would join forces against him, have cocktails later and then a hotel room." - I wanna see this sooo badly... I guess it kinda is the ultimate fanboy fantasy, but I mean if current Emma and Young Jean can be friends then that at least gives me a little hope lol... they really need to just sit down and have a heart to heart without Emma being mean and with Jean being calm lol. Yeah there's already plenty of Jean x Emma fan art/ fanfiction ( I think there's more of that then Jott or Scemma) but if they can make it canon i'd be sooo happy lol. I agree it'd take an incredible writer but I think they could make it work...

Teen Jean and Emma used to be friends/allies/master apprentice but that's over now.

If you want to see interactions between Adult Jean and Emma. may I suggest the current Jean Grey solo series. Ghost Adult Jean is hanging out with Teen Jean and in like issue 7 or 8 they make contact with Emma. I think you would want to see that exchange.

I believe they could make it work between the two just as I believe a good writer can bring Jott back and reinvigorate the long standing and widely renown coupling.

Its not so much a concept that is the problem but the execution is what matters most.

#52 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Also it actually wouldn't be the first time two of his love interests teased him together...

No Caption Provided

#53 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: funny, got any about teasing Logan?

#54 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: haha, nah don't think so lol... Huh didn't know the Jean grey series was still going. And the mentor relationship ended?.... aww.... I really wanna find out what they were laughing about when they first became friends though...But yeah I'll definitely check that series out.

What do you think the right/wrong way to do Jean x Emma would be? What do you think the right/wrong way to do Jott would be?

#55 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: To both questions, I have NO idea.

That's still beyond me. Jott is still beyond me and and now with Jean and Emma, too much.

Right now, my focus was on seeing both Jean and Scott resurrected. With Phoenix Resurrection, Jean's return has been confirmed so I don't have to come up with that although I already had a story in place which dealt with bith nicely.

Tell ya what, you focus on how Jean x Emma would work and I will focus on how a restored Jott would work.

#56 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
@ursaber said:

That's still beyond me. Jott is still beyond me and and now with Jean and Emma, too much.

Right now, my focus was on seeing both Jean and Scott resurrected. With Phoenix Resurrection, Jean's return has been confirmed so I don't have to come up with that although I already had a story in place which dealt with bith nicely.

Tell ya what, you focus on how Jean x Emma would work and I will focus on how a restored Jott would work.

Lol I mean I guess I can try. I think they could slowly grow close together since they do in fact have quite a bit in common. Perhaps they can also bond over whatever it is Emma and Young Jean were laughing about. Maybe Scott and their relationships with him? The physical aspect could be one aspect of it, I mean both can probably at least acknowledge the other as being physically attractive, also opposites attract. And like I said before I think both can benefit to learn from one another and grow together; Emma could teach Jean to confront the darkness inside her and open up more just like she did with Scott and Jean could teach Emma that being nice doesn't mean being weak. I really really wanna see this couple become canon lol...

#57 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Also general question to everyone: Do you guys think that with all the liberal PC stuff going on lately, do you think Marvel would ever do a Jean x Emma couple? I mean I've always sensed a lot of sexual tension between the two and honestly think they would complement each other and maybe even be a better couple than when they were with Scott...

No. Emma and Jean are the classic female rivals, the Betty and Veronica of the X-Men, they can work and function without a problem around one another but at the same time they both would prefer the other one being somewhere far away.

Not to mention, I would actually have pegged Storm as more of Emma's fancy if she could get her under her boot.

#58 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Also general question to everyone: Do you guys think that with all the liberal PC stuff going on lately, do you think Marvel would ever do a Jean x Emma couple? I mean I've always sensed a lot of sexual tension between the two and honestly think they would complement each other and maybe even be a better couple than when they were with Scott...

No. Emma and Jean are the classic female rivals, the Betty and Veronica of the X-Men, they can work and function without a problem around one another but at the same time they both would prefer the other one being somewhere far away.

Not to mention, I would actually have pegged Storm as more of Emma's fancy if she could get her under her boot.

I think you mean boob. LOL

#59 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@ursaber said:

Lol I mean I guess I can try. I think they could slowly grow close together since they do in fact have quite a bit in common. Perhaps they can also bond over whatever it is Emma and Young Jean were laughing about. Maybe Scott and their relationships with him? The physical aspect could be one aspect of it, I mean both can probably at least acknowledge the other as being physically attractive, also opposites attract. And like I said before I think both can benefit to learn from one another and grow together; Emma could teach Jean to confront the darkness inside her and open up more just like she did with Scott and Jean could teach Emma that being nice doesn't mean being weak. I really really wanna see this couple become canon lol...

Yeah but, give me story, story progression, the scenarios, etc. I think they both do acknowledge the others beauty but it goes unspoken. Their dislike for one another rules them.

The things these two have in common are:

• Beautiful (nearly every heroine can claim this)
  • Loved Cyclops
  • Powerful Telepaths
#60 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@ursaber said:
@outside_85 said:
@iamre321 said:

I think you mean boob. LOL

Na, considering how Emma tends to be around other women, boot is exactly the right word :) Boob can be at different times :)

#61 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Well I know Emma is a dominant, but neither Storm or Jean are the weak submissive type, besides I meant Emma could be with someone she viewed as an equal not a submissive person who would basically be her toy.

And yes you're right- they are like the "Betty and Veronica" of the X-men; rivals who are pretty much opposites with much sexual tension, but also don't forget B&V were able to become best friends. In addition many fans ship them together and think that they can both dump Archie who isn't really deserving to either of them and get with each other...

https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,q_auto:good,w_600/oeb8hjirghuqizs7b8eb/archie-credit-archie-comics.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/52/b1/f3/52b1f3ff285cc96814e32d35047af928--archie-comics-girl-power.jpg

#62 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Well I know Emma is a dominant, but neither Storm or Jean are the weak submissive type, besides I meant Emma could be with someone she viewed as an equal not a submissive person who would basically be her toy.

And yes you're right- they are like the "Betty and Veronica" of the X-men; rivals who are pretty much opposites with much sexual tension, but also don't forget B&V were able to become best friends. In addition many fans ship them together and think that they can both dump Archie who isn't really deserving to either of them and get with each other...

Yeah, thats kinda the point with the boot, the reason someone like Storm would be under that is because Emma put them there... which seemed to be part of the idea when the HFC had control over Jean and captured most of the X-Men.

To be honest, Jean and Emma never seemed like friends to me. They tolerated each other at best, and early on it was only Jean's raw power that was keeping the more subtle Emma from doing something regrettable.

#63 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Well we'll see about what kind of relationship Emma gets into I guess...

With regards to Jean and Emma being friends, yeah I agree they were never friends and hated each other. What I was saying though was I was using your B&V analogy and saying if those two can grow close and become best friends then why not J&E? They do have a lot in common and if Emma and Young Jean can become friends why not adult J&E? Like I was telling the other user their personalities compliment each other and they could slowly become friends and then maybe something more...

@ursaber : As to the detailed plot of how it would happen no idea lol...

#64 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: True, they could go the 'frienimies' route where they just look like they are on the verge of hitting one another, but once one of them gets in real trouble, its the other one that seems worried the most.

The differences between Young Jean and Adult Jean is that Young Jean hasn't been on that kind of rollercoaster that Emma was such a intricate part of. Yeah she may have the memories and all that, but I wouldn't say that counts as having experienced stuff like the Dark Phoenix Saga. Not to mention Emma isn't the same as she was back then either, though Marvel appeared to toy with returning her to that way at the end of IvX.

#65 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: True, they could go the 'frienimies' route where they just look like they are on the verge of hitting one another, but once one of them gets in real trouble, its the other one that seems worried the most.

The differences between Young Jean and Adult Jean is that Young Jean hasn't been on that kind of rollercoaster that Emma was such a intricate part of. Yeah she may have the memories and all that, but I wouldn't say that counts as having experienced stuff like the Dark Phoenix Saga. Not to mention Emma isn't the same as she was back then either, though Marvel appeared to toy with returning her to that way at the end of IvX.

Its possible that Emma will become the new Magneto and Jean the new Xavier... To be fair they have helped each other before I think, I mean Jean brought Emma back to life. I think it could happen if Emma would be willing to open up to Jean and show some apology for the things she's done to Jean. I really wanna see them become frenimies...

#66 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Its possible that Emma will become the new Magneto and Jean the new Xavier... To be fair they have helped each other before I think, I mean Jean brought Emma back to life. I think it could happen if Emma would be willing to open up to Jean and show some apology for the things she's done to Jean. I really wanna see them become frenimies...

Asking Emma to apologize for anything is kinda like asking Namor to not be a douche for once in his life... :)

#67 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly... sooo... why would you still ship them then? Knowing what kind of guy Scott is, don't you think Jean deserves better? I guess I understand a little bit of why people ship them because they have a long history, were "Mr. & Ms. X-men" , etc... but not everything can last forever...

@iamre321: @pyrofn: i just find it strange that emma and scott have a "psychic affair"............they barely know each other.....then scott comes in with the "poor woahs me my wife who i love more then anything doesnt understand me" BS........lets get naked in our minds and get dirty?!?!?!? LOL

i think in astonishing, emma said "when jean was alive u loved our mind games" then scott said "i never touch u" then emma says "so what it was in out head it doesnt count .....u feel guilt free" and scott said no

i give up on this conversation but u cannot shake my jott loving heart @ursaber

#68 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Exactly... sooo... why would you still ship them then? Knowing what kind of guy Scott is, don't you think Jean deserves better? I guess I understand a little bit of why people ship them because they have a long history, were "Mr. & Ms. X-men" , etc... but not everything can last forever...

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@iamre321: @pyrofn: i just find it strange that emma and scott have a "psychic affair"............they barely know each other.....then scott comes in with the "poor woahs me my wife who i love more then anything doesnt understand me" BS........lets get naked in our minds and get dirty?!?!?!? LOL

i think in astonishing, emma said "when jean was alive u loved our mind games" then scott said "i never touch u" then emma says "so what it was in out head it doesnt count .....u feel guilt free" and scott said no

i give up on this conversation but u cannot shake my jott loving heart @ursaber

What?

#69 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I was trying to move the scottxemmaxjean discussion to this page instead of the other one where we were originally talking about Cyclop's past love interests / possible future choices... I was replying to @hopesummersforthefuture 's post, i'm not sure why she tagged you though, asking for your opinion maybe?

#70 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Asking Emma to apologize for anything is kinda like asking Namor to not be a douche for once in his life... :)

Lol well said, though I guess the two times I can think of are when he went against Osborn and he didn't go for Hope even though he could've...

#71 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@ursaber: I was trying to move the scottxemmaxjean discussion to this page instead of the other one where we were originally talking about Cyclop's past love interests / possible future choices... I was replying to @hopesummersforthefuture 's post, i'm not sure why she tagged you though, asking for your opinion maybe?

Yeah, she does that.

Carry on LOL

What ya think of Last Jedi?

#72 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro the Contents of this Image

No Caption Provided

#73 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber : Not great tbh honest; too many things going on , too many unanswered questions, disappointing answers to long awaited big questions, not as good as the previous, certainly can't compare to Empire. I just think everything under Disney is so popular and protected that a lot of times people/critics are afraid to give honest opinions so it almost ends up being like the emperor's new clothes.... With the MCU I think GotG had a negative effect on the whole thing , especially Thor Ragnorak which felt more like a Guardians movie than a Thor movie. It was enjoyable but WAYY TOO crowded and too much forced humor in Marvel movies these days... it almost becomes annoying / predictable. So yeah Gotg 2 overated (it felt like I was watching a cartoon) , Thor 3 overrated, etc... and now the cracks to Disney's perfect system/record starting to show: Last Jedi has 94% with critics and only 54% with audiences...

https://toonexts.blogspot.com/2017/11/movie-review-thor-ragnarok.html

The pic is great, Jean looks gorgeous as always... I don't ship them but I can see why people do.

We should all post some more art of Jott and Jott moments from the comics...

#74 Posted by PyroFN (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Judging from the era this Acott was in, I support that ship in that era.

#75 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber / @pyrofn / @hopesummersforthefuture / @outside_85 : So... I just finished the new Jean Grey series... really really good, loved how each issue was like a training from different mentors. Any way I loved how Emma was characterized , her banter with the older Jean was great. And they finally have a civilized conversation in issue #9 lol, I think they've both grown a lot since last meeting and at least are starting to understand one another more. I hope they become frenemies at the least and lovers at the most. I'm crossing my fingers that with Scott dead they can become the next Korrasami...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#76 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9378 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

@ursaber / @pyrofn / @hopesummersforthefuture / @outside_85 : So... I just finished the new Jean Grey series... really really good, loved how each issue was like a training from different mentors. Any way I loved how Emma was characterized , her banter with the older Jean was great. And they finally have a civilized conversation in issue #9 lol, I think they've both grown a lot since last meeting and at least are starting to understand one another more. I hope they become frenemies at the least and lovers at the most. I'm crossing my fingers that with Scott dead they can become the next Korrasami...

lol im sorry but emma and jean will never happen.........and i dont like how emma is being written into a corner by marvel......does marvel need emma now that jean grey is back? sorry not sorry :P

#77 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

lol im sorry but emma and jean will never happen.........and i dont like how emma is being written into a corner by marvel......does marvel need emma now that jean grey is back? sorry not sorry :P

Marvel needs Emma the same way they have needed Jean in the X-verse. Jean in is the girl next door, who just happens to be a bombshell and unbelievably powerful. Emma is the empress who rides in on a chariot and with the higher education... and who happens to dress extremely 'distracting' it's sort of asking why Black Cat exists as long as Mary Jane does over in the Spiderverse.

#78 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

Marvel needs Emma the same way they have needed Jean in the X-verse. Jean in is the girl next door, who just happens to be a bombshell and unbelievably powerful. Emma is the empress who rides in on a chariot and with the higher education... and who happens to dress extremely 'distracting' it's sort of asking why Black Cat exists as long as Mary Jane does over in the Spiderverse.

LOL, exactly what I was thinking. But Black Cat is a super cool character and MJ is my number 1 redhead bombshell girl next door.

#79 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:

No Jemma must happen. Also Emma is no longer evil after IvX. Marvel needs Emma even if Jean is back, theres no rules on having more than one female telepath, they are two very different characters.

#80 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: the only way Jemma happens is if you do a cool fan fiction.

#81 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9378 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321 said:
@iamre321 said:

No Jemma must happen. Also Emma is no longer evil after IvX. Marvel needs Emma even if Jean is back, theres no rules on having more than one female telepath, they are two very different characters.

i always thought the world wasnt big enough for to female telepaths LOL.........one must come back(jean) and one must leave(permanently....last curtain fall) and scott doesnt need two girlfriends LOL would make wolverine rrrrrhate him more

#82 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

Many already have and they are... um... interesting! Yeah! :)

#83 Posted by PyroFN (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Scott won’t have Jean when he comes back, not easily at least. Emma has a better chance at getting Scott than Scott has at getting Jean.

#84 Posted by PyroFN (6405 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

No , Jean Grey #9/10 have given me hope. Jean will be the one that melts Emma's icy heart...

#86 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9378 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Also, X-Men: Blue got interesting in issue #18.

:'( ur beakin' my heart .........i cant get that til friday........noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! why the mailing delays

#88 Posted by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@iamre321: fan... fiction

No, they will fulfill the fan's wishes. If Ivy and Harley can become a couple after all these years then so can Jean and Emma...

#89 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: LOL! Pal u need to get with the times, specifically the current Marvel and how they loathe to please the fans. Their only inclination to pleasing fans is resurrecting classic characters. When it comes to relationships, well, Peter Parker and Mary Jane are still unmarried. They will never give you Jemma. And if they do, well I will be genuinely surprised. To me, that pairing is fan fiction. Its not Korrasami.

#90 Edited by PyroFN (6405 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: You probably shouldn't post that on here openly...

@ursaber : We shall see, also I feel like Jemma has a bigger chance of happening than either of them going back to Scott at least...

#92 Posted by ursaber (10160 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamre321: I don't see any of those matchups happening at all on the horizon or near future at all. But Jemma is way too far fetched IMO.

#93 Posted by PyroFN (6405 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9378 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @iamre321: @pyrofn: ok the argument to end all arguments(and sorry for bringing this thread up again)

From Morrison's run, the psychic affair...........scott had emma look like jean(but wearing something sexy)? So does this mean with scott was with emma, He was thinking of jean? The answer is yes and i dont have time to put the pics up(new x-men #139) LOL

*Mic Drop*

( also teen jeen was disgusted by it as in jean grey solo 9 and up, jeen still tried to save memory/scott from real jean, when she visited doctor strange) :P

#95 Posted by McKlayn (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @iamre321: @pyrofn: ok the argument to end all arguments(and sorry for bringing this thread up again)

From Morrison's run, the psychic affair...........scott had emma look like jean(but wearing something sexy)? So does this mean with scott was with emma, He was thinking of jean? The answer is yes and i dont have time to put the pics up(new x-men #139) LOL

*Mic Drop*

( also teen jeen was disgusted by it as in jean grey solo 9 and up, jeen still tried to save memory/scott from real jean, when she visited doctor strange) :P

dont see how thats a mic drop, at that point Scott only loved Jean and Emma was just something to try to help him figure out what was going on in his crazy head after Apoc had invaded him. I dont think he ever truely fell in love with Emma until Wheldon's run, their was alot of growth for the relationship there. So yea :-p

Dont mic drop unless you mean it

#96 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9378 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: yeah well like i stated above........from new x-men 139 .......jean wanted to know what happened between him and emma in hong kong........scott showed her, scott tells emma "emma, im serious about the whole celibacy thing. It's jean or nothing"........so i guess when scott and emma were doing the pyschic affair thing......scott was thinking of jean the whole time?

i guess its up to interpretation.......any writer can make it one way or the other

#97 Edited by iamre321 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: yeah well like i stated above........from new x-men 139 .......jean wanted to know what happened between him and emma in hong kong........scott showed her, scott tells emma "emma, im serious about the whole celibacy thing. It's jean or nothing"........so i guess when scott and emma were doing the pyschic affair thing......scott was thinking of jean the whole time?

i guess its up to interpretation.......any writer can make it one way or the other

Dont mic drop unless you mean it lol.

Seriously though- I admit that ScottxEmma probably started out as more of a sexual thing, but it grew into something more. Scott was thinking of Jean a lot because Emma could be what Jean wasn't and what he needed- Someone who could embrace being the bad girl (hence the dark phoenix cosplay) plus someone he could connect with more emotionally and be more himself and relaxed around...

Emma was the hotter/exciting new bad girl. You're a girl right hope? Lemme tell you a secret- probably over 95% of guys would've done what Scott did, most likely even more like physical as well. That's just how guys are lol.

#98 Edited by PyroFN (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Teen Jean has not gone through the things Jean has and by all accounts, her Scott has done nothing wrong. Teen Jean has no reason to resent Scott.

2) The fact that you are implying Scott was thinking about Jean while having relations with Emma consentually comes off as creepy for Scott. Again, you always go by the Scott angle, never Jeans perspective. I’m sure someone’s loved one would love to hear, “I was thinking of you the whole time” when confronting the person about cheating on them with someone else.

#99 Posted by PyroFN (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: Love Emma at that point? That is an interesting perspective, that I agree with. A plus for Emma, he definitely liked her enough that he was gonna end things with Jean to be with her if Jean hadn’t died.

#100 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9378 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) Teen Jean has not gone through the things Jean has and by all accounts, her Scott has done nothing wrong. Teen Jean has no reason to resent Scott.

2) The fact that you are implying Scott was thinking about Jean while having relations with Emma consentually comes off as creepy for Scott. Again, you always go by the Scott angle, never Jeans perspective. I’m sure someone’s loved one would love to hear, “I was thinking of you the whole time” when confronting the person about cheating on them with someone else.

LOL yeah? but it happens XD

@pyrofn said:

@mcklayn: Love Emma at that point? That is an interesting perspective, that I agree with. A plus for Emma, he definitely liked her enough that he was gonna end things with Jean to be with her if Jean hadn’t died.

well in endsong: scott told emma "i choosed u" but in morrisons run he was going to tell emma "he made a decision, between her and jean....." then gets cut off by the cuckoos.......

also when scott and fantomex were hiding underground(in morrisons run) while magneto/zorn was attacking.......scott told fantomex "i dont believe jean and the others are dead" not emma but jean 0.o

:P XD :P