• 75 results
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

dernman  Online

Poll Jean Grey or Rachel Grey? (66 votes)

Jean Grey (adult) 50%
Rachel Grey 50%

You can only have one. Which do you choose?

• 
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good writing?

Why is good writing not an option? I love Rachel and Jean is one of my favorites but I'd read a well written story about Forgetmenot first in this climate.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jean has more stories that I liked and was interesting for a longer stretch. She was cool when written by Lobdell, Claremont, and Morrison. Rachel only seemed interesting when written by Claremont in classic Uncanny X-Men and Excalibur.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both. I think most jean fans love rachel too and rachel fans love jean all the same

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

JEAN F*CK*NG GREY is ABSOLUTE. GREATEST MARVEL SUPERHEROINE FOR ALL TIME!!

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The writing matters. But for the vote I'll take Rachel

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who would pick Rachel?

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Jean Grey > Rachel Grey > Old Two Time Dead Phoenix Possessed Lame "We all love her couse ...reason"... Yean Grey

So in this pool: Rachel

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Jean Grey > Rachel Grey > Old Two Time Dead Phoenix Possessed Lame "We all love her couse ...reason"... Yean Grey

So in this pool: Rachel

I accept Rachel but Teen Jean sucks.

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MacDio

Rachel seems like a more interesting character to me.

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are we talking about power or what are more likable?
power I maybe would go with Rachel since both have a great level of power but Rachel manage to have a better control of the Phoenix and without the cosmic bird is still able to amazing power level without the help of cerebra.
but likable is Jean maybe cause she have more stories and more dramatic past connections.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtol008 said:

power I maybe would go with Rachel since both have a great level of power but Rachel manage to have a better control of the Phoenix and without the cosmic bird is still able to amazing power level without the help of cerebra.

but likable is Jean maybe cause she have more stories and more dramatic past connections.

Jean became one with the Phoenix and has far more power than Rachel. Jean can perform resurrections without the direct aid of the Phoenix as shown in Phoenix Endsong. Jean is also immortal. Jean's normal telepathic and telekinetic powers are omega level WITHOUT the Phoenix Force.

Rachel is second to OG Jean.

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@mtol008 said:

Jean became one with the Phoenix and has far more power than Rachel. Jean can perform resurrections without the direct aid of the Phoenix as shown in Phoenix Endsong. Jean is also immortal. Jean's normal telepathic and telekinetic powers are omega level WITHOUT the Phoenix Force.

Rachel is second to OG Jean.

Yes Jean become one with the Phoenix making her not a being but part of the comic entity,
she cant "function" without a host she is the Phoenix not a Person anymore so the comparing her with Rachel at this point is not relevant since we are talking power without the outside influence of the Phoenix.
In Endsong Jean was resurrected by the Phoenix you should read again, she didnt do by herself,
that was the Phoenix. She is not Immortal because she is one with the Phoenix making her not dead or alive but an part of the cosmic bird, making her the Phoenix and we are talking about Jean Grey powers with no connections with the Phoenix ( not necessary the young Jean but Jean with out the influence of the Phoenix)
yes Jean is very powerful TT but so is Rachel that is ALSO a Omega level but Jean always have problems to control the bird and her emotions letting in some point the Phoenix take charge, but Rachel manage to have more success in controlling herself and the Phoenix.
maybe they even have the same power level is very possible after all they are mother and daughter but Rachel was in control of the Phoenix for a longer period of time. that was my argument.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtol008:

If were talking without the Phoenix, then Jean has total control of her telepathic and telekinetic powers.

Jean and Phoenix may be one and the same now as cosmic beings but inherently, both Jean and Phoenix are separate entities. They would've remained one and the same but when Jean was resurrected after Dark Phoenix Saga because of the Jim Shooter mandate, it cemented that Jean and Phoenix were separate but connected nonetheless. Jean can still separate herself from Phoenix if she wanted to.

Rachel may have had more control over the Phoenix but Jean is the Phoenix's chosen one. If both were Phoenix powered Jean would take Rachel's Phoenix fragment like she did with the Cuckoos. Jean's raw power can overtake Rachel's control and by the time she was White Phoenix she was unmatched. She even held the entire Earth 616 universe in her hand and healed it.

In a normal contest without the Phoenix and only their Omega level potential I'd vote for Jean. Though I think this entire poll is only to state which is your favorite of the two not the most powerful.

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@mtol008:

If were talking without the Phoenix, then Jean has total control of her telepathic and telekinetic powers.

Jean and Phoenix may be one and the same now as cosmic beings but inherently, both Jean and Phoenix are separate entities. They would've remained one and the same but when Jean was resurrected after Dark Phoenix Saga because of the Jim Shooter mandate, it cemented that Jean and Phoenix were separate but connected nonetheless. Jean can still separate herself from Phoenix if she wanted to.

Rachel may have had more control over the Phoenix but Jean is the Phoenix's chosen one. If both were Phoenix powered Jean would take Rachel's Phoenix fragment like she did with the Cuckoos. Jean's raw power can overtake Rachel's control and by the time she was White Phoenix she was unmatched. She even held the entire Earth 616 universe in her hand and healed it.

In a normal contest without the Phoenix and only their Omega level potential I'd vote for Jean. Though I think this entire poll is only to state which is your favorite of the two not the most powerful.

yeah the " Jean can still separate herself from Phoenix if she wanted to "thing I really really dont think that is possible and I think that she is just cosmic energy fuse with the Phoenix BUT that is my point of view and what you say is yours.
I think that was my interpretation of what I read like 100 times over and over again and you clearly had a different one, what is fine lets say is a "point of view " thing.

And the power without the Phoenix you only have references of power when Jean was with the Phoenix what again is fine.. you way to see thing aguess.

and if you can read the begin of my post

"are we talking about power or what are more likable?"

I did write asking what was the meaning of the question and with my personal answers for both possible interpretations of the question.
so...bye

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally like them both. Rachel a little more than Jean, but they both deserve to exist. I would like to see the real Jean come back and have Rachel as a teenager for mother daughter interaction, but that's me.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rachel, Jean was never really a character I geared to.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darkpesmerga10

Id Vote for Madelyn Pryor over Jean and Rachel

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think rachel wants the Phoenix more than jean do. But Phoenix loves jean more than rachel

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AsheTDust

@darthphoenix said:

I think rachel wants the Phoenix more than jean do. But Phoenix loves jean more than rachel

Jean is its preferred avatar. Rachel is its daughter. Its not really a case of loving one over the other. Heck, at this point I'm starting to entertain the idea of Jean actually being the PF's mate of a sort.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix said:

Jean is its preferred avatar. Rachel is its daughter. Its not really a case of loving one over the other. Heck, at this point I'm starting to entertain the idea of Jean actually being the PF's mate of a sort.

They certainly have a more intimate relationship than her and Scott. Its also the cause why she's no longer in the comics and why Marvel's Greatest Heroine has been replaced or followed up by a younger version of herself in Teen Jean who isn't nearly nor ever will be as compelling as the original.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@mtol008 said:

"Jean" had control over the Phoenix too, it was psychic brainwashing that had her lose control over her own dark side not the actual power of the Phoenix Force which she used effortlessly. People say Rachel had more control over the Phoenix because they tend to forget what "Jean" actually lost control over and why. Nobody was daily invading Rachel's mind and driving her insane and Rachel has never had as much of the Phoenix as "Jean" had, she had 1/2 of the original Dark Phoenix, while Maddie had the other. Phoenix hid itself inside of Rachel meaning she was able to access it's powers without worrying about some altered corrupted personality take over, unlike Maddie who was dead and without consciousness until the Phoenix gave her it's Dark Phoenix memories and latent power.

So there are two reasons that would make it appear Rachel had more control but when given context, the actual power of the original Phoenix was fully controlled just not it's emotions due to psychic brainwashing and Rachel was never as powerful as the original Phoenix as stated on panel for there to be any real comparison to suggest she could handle the full power, as when she was given a taste of that full power from the Beyonder among her first thoughts and actions were to destroy the entire universe just to take him out, insane overkill. That would suggest she didn't handle as much power as the original Phoenix had at all any better than original as she immediately became a threat to the universe the second she got access to it, while it took "Jean" months due to psychic brainwashing from Mastermind and Emma Frost to become such a threat. Also during her fight was stated that her understanding and control over the Phoenix was lacking which is why he was better at using it than she was he just wasn't built to contain as much power as she was, so he was overloaded. Beyonder mentioning how she denied her own glory would hint that Rachel was doing what Green Phoenix was doing and that was keeping the Phoenix power blocked to "manageable" levels.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey, but Rachel is a very interesting character.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wow. Not as lopsided as I thought it would be

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

JEAN F*CK*NG GREY is ABSOLUTE. GREATEST MARVEL SUPERHEROINE FOR ALL TIME!!

No Caption Provided

Camilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Camilia

Rachel. I am a sucker for a character with a tragic past.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camilia said:

That would be almost every superhero or fictional character

Camilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@camilia said:

Some are more tragic than others. There is a big difference between the average superheroe origin of losing a parent and growing up is a dystopian future.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ursaber

@camilia said:
@ursaber said:
@camilia said:

Some are more tragic than others. There is a big difference between the average superheroe origin of losing a parent and growing up is a dystopian future.

tragic nonetheless LOL

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeannie.

@koays: Surprisingly, its tied between daughter and mother at the moment. How long do ya think before the poll starts to tip?

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Invain

The last time this poll was created Rachel came out with more votes, iirc.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for rachel cos i thought more would be voting for jean. But i love them both equally. In a fight, rachel would lose. In excalibur, it was shown that fighting jean was her greatest fear.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: it wasn't pshychic brainwashing. Kitty made a pact with the Phoenix force that it would prevent rachel from accessing her past to give her a fresh start. But rachel's psyche is too powerful that it sometimes overpowers the Phoenix' psychic blocks and she got to remember fragments of her past. Clearly, the Phoenix wasn't trying to control her, but she is hot tempered and it fed and aggravated her emotions. That is when it was hard for her to control it.

After her fight with necrom, the Phoenix force left her but it gave her full access to its power and gave her memories back.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: it wasn't pshychic brainwashing. Kitty made a pact with the Phoenix force that it would prevent rachel from accessing her past to give her a fresh start. But rachel's psyche is too powerful that it sometimes overpowers the Phoenix' psychic blocks and she got to remember fragments of her past. Clearly, the Phoenix wasn't trying to control her, but she is hot tempered and it fed and aggravated her emotions. That is when it was hard for her to control it.

After her fight with necrom, the Phoenix force left her but it gave her full access to its power and gave her memories back.

Regardless of Jean or Rachel's strength of will and power levels, the Phoenix in reality should not have any trouble affecting them. The Phoenix is literally the most powerful force in the universe, above Galactus and the Power Cosmic. Every cosmic entity fears it and it cannot die.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Eh...among the people who major in X-Men Rachel can go 50/50 or even 60/40 with Jean due to Jean having a sizeable hatedom(or even people that just prefer her dead) among that section. If the poll was more widespread....the general sentiment of "Who's Rachel" would likely win out.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sasha grey all the way

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: And apparently we now have 48/52. Let's see what happens.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Emma Frost.

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rachel Grey is supremely annoying.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@koays: And apparently we now have 48/52. Let's see what happens.

51 Jean (my vote)

49 Rachel

Talk about close!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey was psychically brainwashed. I was not talking about Rachel, the Phoenix hid it's connection to her when it moved her physically through time. If the Phoenix wasn't "clearly" trying to control her, than that means she didn't have better control over the Phoenix than Jean because she didn't have the Phoenix the way "Jean" did. The fact remains that the Phoenix wasn't trying to control "Jean" either, or Maddie. "Jean" was psychically brainwashed and lost control and became a threat to the universe. Maddie was magically seduced and lost control and became a threat to the universe. When Rachel lost control and became a threat to the universe it was all her and all she needed was as much power as the first Phoenix to go that far. So clearly "Jean" had better control over the Phoenix than Rachel because it was not the power that made her a threat it was the brainwashing and even brainwashed she was in complete control over her power. As far as Jean goes, when she finally actually got the Phoenix she was in complete control over it better than anything Rachel showed with it as far as control goes.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I was a little scared the Jean fans were sleeping through this poll. XD

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: I was a little scared the Jean fans were sleeping through this poll. XD

For all of Rachel's popularity, the original classic can never be matched XD

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Let's also not forget to mention the Phoenix was confused in Endsong as they would inevitably bring up. Not to mention Jean was conquering the Force whom was trying to control her body. Jean was actually real clever as the dialogue in Endsong shows.

Phoenix: "What's this? Red and Yellow?"

Logan: "Ah Hell."

Phoenix: "Ah. A message. For the funny little man."

Logan: "Those Dark Phoenix colors, Jeannie?"

Jean: "You think?"

Phoenix: "Very clever Jean Grey."

Even when the Phoenix fights her, she uses other ways possible to stop it as the dialogue shows. Ergo why Logan said in Endsong when Jean did struggle with it

"This is Jean, living and breathing, and fighting that thing like a champ."

That expression "like a champ" may show hard she was fighting, but given the results the entire moments in Endsong the Phoenix was bonded with her, she was winning. Just wanted to help keep the Endsong points out of it as a point where Jean struggled to control the Force as it was noteworthy that she was winning.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Sorry koays, but I agree with them in this instance.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: Sorry koays, but I agree with them in this instance.

I'm not koays. Maybe you tagged the wrong user?

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel.

ki_lluminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers