Jean Grey as Phoenix VS. another Cosmic X-Man

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As this new Marvel Anime series will introduce one of the X-Men as a new Cosmic Antihero, possessed by a powerful, new Cosmic Entity that becomes the bitter arch-rival of the Phoenix Force, I'm curious which X-Man would YOU like to see made a Cosmic Antihero, and duke it out with Jean Grey as the Phoenix?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rachel

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rachel

LOL ok, alright... personally I'm not sure I'd wanna see mom and daughter engage in mortal combat. But how would that work as in, what would be the story behind pairing them as bitter cosmic level rivals?

I will say that I srsly don't think Rachel would be able to handle this Cosmic Entity, because of the kind of powers it has, and the kind of host it needs. That's at least according to what has been shared with me.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rachel was able to host the phoenix for the longest time. mother vs daughter=DRAMA =)

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rachel was able to host the phoenix for the longest time. mother vs daughter=DRAMA =)

Interesting enough, there is a timeskip(?) which involves Rachel with Phoenix, vs. the X-Man's son, who becomes the new host of the Cosmic Entity. It's something like that lol that plot I know is very unfinished.

While I think it probably would be interesting to see Rachel vs. Jean, it wouldn't work in this story, as this new Cosmic Being is only compatible with energy type hosts, and is virtually incompatible with psionic mutants.

Regardless, what would be the story between Rachel vs. Jean? That is, if Rachel was the host of the new Cosmic Entity?

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Man Phoenix, that was good for a laugh.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Man Phoenix, that was good for a laugh.

"Welcome to the end of the bub... hope you brought beer" -Phoenix Logan

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TeamGXOne

I like a lot of the choices you have. Esp Chamber and Omega, their powers are insane, and it'd been nice to have seen them become cosmic heroes. I especially think if Omega was the Cosmic Entity's "One True Host", he could possibly threaten to absorb Jean Grey's powers, seeing as his already insane powers, would be amplified to cosmic level insanity. that would give Jean a very interesting fight.

The Stepford Cuckoos should definitely make an appearance in this story. I don't know how, but... since Emma Frost plays an interesting role between the Phoenix and the new Cosmic Entity, they could serve as foils, interrupting Jean Grey/Phoenix's focus on her arch-rival. And I think it would be cool to see them attempt trying to use the Phoenix to strip the X-Man of his connection to the Cosmic Entity, to only get obliterated upon contact. Or even Madelyn Prior... It would be a chance to explore how dangerous this Cosmic Being is for psionc Mutants.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@teamgxone: Omega is also relatively new so there's plenty of wiggle room to explore his history and personality.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A late reply but I would go for a character that is generally considered one of the true goodie two shoes X-Men types. Like say NightCrawler or Colossus.

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: I've been unwell so bear with me ^_^

But yes, since then I did mention Omega instead of who they chose, so... I'd like to see what ideas they come up with, in regards to such suggestions. I should introduce the writer, she'd prolly love to discuss the X-men with everyone!

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A late reply but I would go for a character that is generally considered one of the true goodie two shoes X-Men types. Like say NightCrawler or Colossus.

Nightcrawler would be very interesting. I don't see him wanting to combat Jean tho, so it'd be interesting how the Cosmic Being would force full control in order to combat the Phoenix. An interesting choice is on the table, so... like to see a debate and argeument made for other suggestions.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've seen Colossus with this kind of power already... TWICE. It did not go well.

Nightcrawler... that could be interesting. Especially since his powers aren't all that flash to start with (yes 'porting can be very dangerous, but he's not knocking a planet over or sucking down a star)… Sadly I can envision his entire story-arc already. I'd be bored. But... that doesn't mean others wouldn't enjoy it.

You want a true goodie-two-shoes... pick Kitty... as much as I despise her with every fibre of my being. Kitty has always managed to avoid any controversy. Give her a cosmic power and see how she goes. Full Dark Phoenix or Scarlet-Witch-M-Day-Handwave-Forgiveness?

TeamGXOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust said:

We've seen Colossus with this kind of power already... TWICE. It did not go well.

Nightcrawler... that could be interesting. Especially since his powers aren't all that flash to start with (yes 'porting can be very dangerous, but he's not knocking a planet over or sucking down a star)… Sadly I can envision his entire story-arc already. I'd be bored. But... that doesn't mean others wouldn't enjoy it.

You want a true goodie-two-shoes... pick Kitty... as much as I despise her with every fibre of my being. Kitty has always managed to avoid any controversy. Give her a cosmic power and see how she goes. Full Dark Phoenix or Scarlet-Witch-M-Day-Handwave-Forgiveness?

Nightcrawler wouldn't necessarily be my first pick either. I think there's a way to make it interesting. The writer of the fanmade anime says that her choice was based on wanting to focus on an unorthodox, Cosmic Antihero, rather than a hero that would be too similar to Jean.

I definitely agree with that. Jean is already the goodie-two shoes who the Phoenix holds special to its heart; so I'd rather see things in the cosmos shaken up by someone NOT so goodie-goodie, that is that special someone, the "One True Host" of a new, darker Cosmic Entity.

Also, this cosmic force is supposed to offer a challenge to the Phoenix, giving it new dimension and a very different, creative story.