Is Ultimate X-men due for a comeback?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So Ultimate X-men had a strong run. Brian k Vaughan even wrote a few volumes. Even if it wasn't consistently good, the writer changes brought enough flair and originality to please most X-fans. Even Brian Woods run ended on an interesting note. SO.. is this series due for another revival considering it's colorful history and previous success? --Or is the Chapter better left closed since some of the ultimate characters are in the 616 universe now.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd like to see it come back but I have different ideas as to what I'd personally like to see. I would not want to see a continuation of the previous stories.

However, I could see it as a rebooted universe. Since Marvel won't do a real reboot. I'd like the experiment if you will, to be done in the Ultimate universe. Make it that the Richards family remade that universe. Hell I'd even support them just saying that what we've been watching since Secret Wars is the wrong universe. I think in one Valeria said something about things being wrong. Lol. Any way I say Reboot, rewrite and update some of the old stories. Correct the continuity issues, get rid of some of that 90's taint and needless character assassination stuff.

I also would at least be open seeing the Ultimate universe be a place where mutants are the only superpowered individuals. Yes it's the concept of the Xmen in their own universe. The hatred of or even acceptance of superpowered individuals doesn't depend on how you get your powers.

My final idea is for most if not all the Legacy characters and alternate universe people like Ironheart, Chulk, Kid Ms.Marvel, Morales Spiderman, and the O5 along with Jimmy Hudson and Bloodstorm, even Lady Thor ( though it's not horriidea for Jane Foster but... just make her a Valkryie). All of them could go and be the heroes in that universe. That way the new fans who love can enjoy that, while the older fans that like their classic characters can enjoy those. And things won't be so crowded. It's about choices and everyone should have them, not forcing people to either read about this Legacy character or not read at all because the character you want in that role and have enjoyed for years was suddenly just killed off or put in a coma in order to be replaced by someone "taking the mantle".

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Ultimate X-Men....sigh.

Ultimate Kitty is great, and our Kitty slightly absorbing some of her characterization has fixed a few issues she had since Marvel Now (at the expense of others in the Gold book). I love Mach 2, and even enjoyed Ultimate Jean...But there's nothing about Ultimate X-Men worth saving. Short of rebooting the whole Ultimate X-Men line (which you might as well make a new alt universe idea from scratch) theres no way to continue the story of those X-Men.

Plus we can barely get a good book for the real X-Men...whether it fails or succeeds is doesn't help fix the real problem.

Sidebar: But wouldn't it be great if our Magneto got a face to Face with the unrepentant Ultimate Magneto. If they ever did revive the ultimate universe that's the one crossover I'd want to see.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Ultimate universe is almost 20 years old. I dont know why they dont start over and reboot the whole concept. It could be a great jumping on point for all of the people who recently became fans of the characters through movies.

I don't think the old Ultimate X-Men should be revived. They haven't been relevant since the mid 2000s.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Selina_Sublime

@invain: I agree. The point of the Ultimate universe was to be accessible. It is almost convoluted as the main Marvel universe at this point and has tons of continuity behind it.

Creating a new line of titles based in a new reality would've been a great concept for 'Legacy' or even Marvel's original inclusiveness initiative.

X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Marvel Knights, and an experimental sixth title to round out the line. (I would use a different name than 'Ultimate' to help in the accessibility department).

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think the Ultimate universe deserves it's due since quite a bit is taken from it in the MCU