Is Rachel currently the most powerful telepath/telekinetic?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She "downloaded" prof X telepathy skills/experience awhile back, she definitely has the raw power, and without nate grey around to challenge her for the top spot, isn't rachel the strongest telepath/telekinetic around now? Jean IMO is still too young and inexperienced to take the spot, though she eventually could

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Koays

Stryfe is currently still in this timeline as far as we know, so he'd have her beat(not with feats of course). But otherwise yea, she is the strongest telepath....she performed Cerebro level planet scans without Cerebro, and that feat hasn't been matched yet. Only competition would be Maddie and Selene.

As far as telekinesis....she never uses it anymore so idk, but she has WAY better feats then Psylocke who is the only other telekinetic worth mentioning.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so. i just don't get how she lost to a battle with professor x. she have more raw power, training from prof x and emma, plus the downloaded skills/experience from prof x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait I just remembered cable doesn't have his TO virus anymore. Why doesn't he use his powers? Or did he lose them? He should be a contender for the top spot if he has his powers and no TO virus

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: Cable burnt out his powers....with exception precognition

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

I think Psylocke might be stronger ever since she got powered up by Archangel Apocalypse. Kid Omega isn't as trained as Rachel, but has a lot more power then he and it's just a matter of experience.

There is also All-New Jean Gray who seems to have off the charts telepathy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: ah right during the providence/savior arc totally slipped my mind lol. what issues or titles did that arc happen in again? I gotta re-read that I dont remember anything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: tbh I think rachel has more raw power than Quentin Quire. its cheap and lame but she is a "Grey" and thats like default OP power levels lol. As for Psylocke, I know she is now an omega level telepath and her TK is considered to be "mountain buster/mover" levels but i havent actually seen her do anything great. Do you happen to have any scans or know what issues I could go look at? She's one of my favorites so i'd love to see her show her power

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack: tbh I think rachel has more raw power than Quentin Quire. its cheap and lame but she is a "Grey" and thats like default OP power levels lol. As for Psylocke, I know she is now an omega level telepath and her TK is considered to be "mountain buster/mover" levels but i havent actually seen her do anything great. Do you happen to have any scans or know what issues I could go look at? She's one of my favorites so i'd love to see her show her power

I always think back to when Rachel was trying to break through the mind of the Krakoa desperately, and then Quinton did it effortless because he felt like it, so I think Kid Omega has the power on Rachel just not the experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: inconsistency in writing for me. let's agree to disagree about their raw power haha!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe, but she doesn't have the feats to prove this

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maddpanda531

@teerack said:
@martinceld said:

I always think back to when Rachel was trying to break through the mind of the Krakoa desperately, and then Quinton did it effortless because he felt like it, so I think Kid Omega has the power on Rachel just not the experience.

Another impressive thing that Quire did was in WatXM: Alpha and Omega, when he created an entire world inside his mind that was "so well made it took on a life of its own". Also, Rachael wasn't able to access this "world" because she could make it past Quire's mental blockades.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe rachel didn't push the mental blocks to get in, quentin quire's nose bled when rachel let him in her mind. Telepaths are complicated and so are writers who doesn't research back issues for consistency

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ever since they nerfed Nate Grey it's either between her, O5 Jean or Quentin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_myth: I think that teen jean being stronger than rachel and quire this soon seems wrong. I am one of those that put jean grey on a pedestal but honestly for her to be the most powerful that quickly is a bit iffy. I do believe that she will be the most powerful (unless nate comes back) given more time but for now I don't think she is. As for rachel and quire, I actually made a battle thread on it. There were only 5-6 people discussing it but the consensus was Rachel>Quire. Ofcourse it is still basically a toss up

here is the link if ever you wanna check it out rachel vs quentin quire

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld said:

@the_myth: I think that teen jean being stronger than rachel and quire this soon seems wrong. I am one of those that put jean grey on a pedestal but honestly for her to be the most powerful that quickly is a bit iffy. I do believe that she will be the most powerful (unless nate comes back) given more time but for now I don't think she is. As for rachel and quire, I actually made a battle thread on it. There were only 5-6 people discussing it but the consensus was Rachel>Quire. Ofcourse it is still basically a toss up

here is the link if ever you wanna check it out rachel vs quentin quire

Why not? New X-Men characters have been coming along and being uber powerful for decades. There's really nothing weird about someone being that much more powerful than others if they have a natural talent and aptitude at a particular skill. I think having other characters stand around gasping at how amazing someone is is a writers shortcut to easily establish their version of the character as superior.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would say she is. She's not written well though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: because technically, jean isn't "new". She was around for decades and for a big part of that time she was not depicted as ,like the stepford cuckoos said, "all powerful queen of the psychics" . Ofcourse young jean is showing this kind of power because she was not given the mental blocks from Xavier like the jean from the regular timeline, but that jean eventually lost those mental blocks and even though she had so many years of training, and under prof x at that, she didnt show anywhere close to this much power. It was a long time before she clearly shown as a superior psionic, so it just doesn't make sense for her to be that power that fast when her original counterpart wasn't and they are the same person. But ofcourse it could be as you said just totally coz of the writer lol

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld:

Adult Jean no longer had the blocks Xavier put in either, the reason teen Jean is showing so much power is she was not trained by Xavier to show restraint like her adult version was. Adult Jean put blocks on her own powers and held back much of it as to not worry her friends and teammates, who all thought her displaying a certain level of power meant she as going to go Dark Phoenix. When she stopped caring about that, her powers naturally progressed to Phoenix levels. Even during Xfactor Apocalypse commented on Jean still having the potential to be Phoenix level and debated on whether or not he would unlock that power in her. Next thing we know her telepathy is back and she is second most telepath on Earth without much effort involved, all it took was Xavier to lose his powers and she was number one. After he got his powers back they never mentioned her being second again IIRC and basically showed how he was in awe of her power suggesting she was the most powerful telepath on Earth before she died.

Teen Jean and Adult Jean have the same potential because they are the same Jean both of 616, it's not strange at all that she is quickly coming into her powers, because she is being pushed into it. The original Phoenix Saga had Jean pushed to her limit and in the space of one issue her powers did a quantum leap from Marvel Girl to Phoenix, so it's not really far fetched at all that situations that call her to push herself unlock more and more power. The major difference is skill, teen Jean is untrained, her powers seem to keep growing because at this point she does not have the skill to control them, but the powers was always present to begin with. TBH I haven't actually seen the teen version do anything that the adult version can't, but there are things the adult one has done that the teen version has not done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld:

Adult Jean no longer had the blocks Xavier put in either, the reason teen Jean is showing so much power is she was not trained by Xavier to show restraint like her adult version was. Adult Jean put blocks on her own powers and held back much of it as to not worry her friends and teammates, who all thought her displaying a certain level of power meant she as going to go Dark Phoenix. When she stopped caring about that, her powers naturally progressed to Phoenix levels. Even during Xfactor Apocalypse commented on Jean still having the potential to be Phoenix level and debated on whether or not he would unlock that power in her. Next thing we know her telepathy is back and she is second most telepath on Earth without much effort involved, all it took was Xavier to lose his powers and she was number one. After he got his powers back they never mentioned her being second again IIRC and basically showed how he was in awe of her power suggesting she was the most powerful telepath on Earth before she died.

Teen Jean and Adult Jean have the same potential because they are the same Jean both of 616, it's not strange at all that she is quickly coming into her powers, because she is being pushed into it. The original Phoenix Saga had Jean pushed to her limit and in the space of one issue her powers did a quantum leap from Marvel Girl to Phoenix, so it's not really far fetched at all that situations that call her to push herself unlock more and more power. The major difference is skill, teen Jean is untrained, her powers seem to keep growing because at this point she does not have the skill to control them, but the powers was always present to begin with. TBH I haven't actually seen the teen version do anything that the adult version can't, but there are things the adult one has done that the teen version has not done.

for the bold and underlined part, is that during Morrison's New X-men?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Hah, no. Rachel has a lot of potential power but lacks the practice and skill to use it properly. Technically if we're going by just potential power then Quentin Quire should be the most powerful...I think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: if its just potential then its jean

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if its just potential i think its rachel, afterall she's the daughter of the phoenix force itself. And just like jean, Rachel will eventually get to phoenix level, in her cyclops and phoenix days, old as she is, her powers was phoenix level, but her old body was weak and couldnt make a full use of the power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: rachel may be the daughter of the phoenix force, but jean IS the phoenix force lol so I guess she has the highest potential. I wonder though if Jean would have surpassed nate grey given time

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HAWK2916

Teen Jean? What a joke!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: while I don't think teen jean is the strongest either, she certainly isnt a joke lol. She took on gladiator by herself haha

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@@

@martinceld said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@martinceld:

for the bold and underlined part, is that during Morrison's New X-men?

He got his powers back before that, I was talking about when he lost his powers due to the Onslaught event, when Nina helped him reactivate those powers I don't remember Jean being referred to second most after that. During Morrisons run he was impressed by her and said she was tapping powers on a cosmic scale.

@squares said:

Hah, no. Rachel has a lot of potential power but lacks the practice and skill to use it properly. Technically if we're going by just potential power then Quentin Quire should be the most powerful...I think.

They are both omega, so technically the potential is the same, and he would lack even less practice and skill than her. In reality she can house the Phoenix to bust solar systems, time travel, power interdimensional gateways, and a host of others things. Quire in Endsong had no feats on her level. So potentially when faced with a source of nearly unlimited power, Rachel is better at it than Quire. He began to hemorrhage just from looking into her mind.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: The concept is a joke. The book is a joke. To each his own but I dont understand the love for this book. Its a cheap trick either bring Jean Grey back or dont but not a fake kiddie version

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Would Red Skull not be a contender? He has all of Prof X's powers and has shown to be capable of controlling/influencing almost an entire city as well as Thor (which has been shown in the past to be very difficult to do).

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. he has no tk and prof x is not an omega level mutant.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Would Red Skull not be a contender? He has all of Prof X's powers and has shown to be capable of controlling/influencing almost an entire city as well as Thor (which has been shown in the past to be very difficult to do).

Difficulty in using telepathy on Thor is always centered on the plot. It has always been my opinion that Emma with the Phoenix had a hard time with him telepathically because she was physically superior and they needed to let him take something away from that fight. Emma is the kind of telepath that plays psi games, which is why she doesn't usually just take Storm out, any other telepath would have turned his mind off from jump.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: trash or not, it is cannon so yeah teen jean is still one of the strongest currently. But yes i too would prefer they just put adult jean back and make her the powerhouse she was always meant to be, but like teen jean, without the phoenix