Inhumans Vs X-men Issue #1 was GOOD! (MAJOR SPOILERS)

• 51 results
poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

WOW--- For how much I rant in these forums, color me impressed! GRANTED, It's only issue 1, and anything can happen going here on out!

Let's talk Highlights!

1) Emma and Dazzler vs. Blackbolt! - GREAT USE OF X-MEN!

2) Storm vs. Beast! - This moment was PRICELESS. I literally gasped. Beast has had this coming since AvX. However we should be worried... he may be the X-men's undoing before IvX is over.

3) Rogue is BACK! Still reluctant to go against the Inhumans, but still in for the fight, unlike AvX.

4) Black Bolt, Crystal's Team, Lockjaw, and Karnak are taken out in true X-men style!

5) The SHADE of it all. This book had so much shade: Emma's use of the word 'Sugah' to Rogue. Young Beast ripping on Beast. Emma ripping on Black Bolt. Storm on Beast. This issue was well-worded. Jean give shade to Karnak.

Concerns:

1) This is only issue 1. ANYTHING can happen from here on out.

2) Medusa, Human Torch, Ms. Marvel, The Nuhumans, and possibly Quake/Shield are the only current threats.

3) Beast is very much likely to full on betray the X-men at this point. Which could really scar us for life.

4) I'm still bracing myself for Storm Vs Medusa. We all know it's going to happen. We all know WEATHER should stop HAIR-- but then again.... Magneto should have beaten Iron Man... So I'm nervous.

I know it was a terrible road leading up to this point, but did you enjoy IvX #1's story thus far?

No Caption Provided
Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No Caption Provided

Pretty sure in AVX Magento just let Iron man win. Even if it's dumb Magneto inner monologue just made it seem like eh ill let him have this, their are more important things. Even if it says winner Iron Man i don't buy it, just because of the dialogue above.

anyway yeah im super nervous this is usually how villains get beat. They get one up on the heroes then the heroes make a comeback....BUT MAN it felt good watching beast, BB, Crystals team get rekt. Seeing Jean be a bamf was awesome.

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just you wait, Beast will be the hero of this story yet.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was the problem with Beast?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dazzler took out Black Bolt. lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PyroFN

Emma is back to her old self, thank goodness.

Jean was my favorite part. Mind, stinking, blown!!!!!!!

Great start!

@kiba: He has been rather preachy to others yet could not behave himself. Let's just put it that way.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good book cant wait to see how it all ends

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally! Marvel gave justice to X-Men. Love love love this. I hope everything goes well

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm boycotting this. This is the only way to stop these events

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fingers crossed, Space Cats! Like @darkpesmerga10: just posted.... we could have a stupid turn of events. Anything can happen, but I'm feeling more optimistic now.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Emma is back to her old self, thank goodness.

Jean was my favorite part. Mind, stinking, blown!!!!!!!

Great start!

@kiba: He has been rather preachy to others yet could not behave himself. Let's just put it that way.

I really liked this issue. Too bad the X-Men did not outright kill some of the InHumans, but I guess that would be bad for the whole InHumans push. The only part about the Jean sequence is that it reminded me of the Dr. Strange movie, but it was still funny.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Looking closely at the scene, you can see every bit of Emma in there. It makes sense because

1) It is Emma's plan. (Also Magneto's and Storm's, but I doubt they would be able to think of a clever way in regards to telepathy as my as Emma does.)

2) Emma trained Jean when they joined Scott's school during Bendis run, so Jean's style is her different now then from her regular counterpart. It is subtle, sneaky, and ouright embarrassing for Karnak who has precognition and the ability to find weak points. Great way of demonstrating what Jean learned over the years and the amount of power she possesses.

3) Her line towards him is very Emma. "My feelings are hurt, Karnak. I've always considered myself a warrior." So, sarcastic. I lobe it oddly enoughenoughj. That shows how much of an influence Emma had been to Jean, if you still consider the fact that they became friends and Jean is younger than her. (Making her quite easily influenced.)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I can't imagine why. It has been pretty good so far. Don't you think it is a little early to be bringinout your pitchfork and torch?

TheSoulForge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Black Bolt is kind of everybody's joke now? - First Iron Man - then Auran - and now Dazzler? -

And while I'm a big fan of the Inhumans - I'm on the Xmen side here - the Inhumans are just plain and severely selfish and deserve to be taken down hard for it - but the only person that's properly taken anyone down so far is Jean tackling Karnak - it's fun to read that part -

Tbh - it's surprising that SHIELD and THOR hasn't done anything to get rid of the mist at this point - but I can get pass that - .::

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@phoenixofthetides: Looking closely at the scene, you can see every bit of Emma in there. It makes sense because

1) It is Emma's plan. (Also Magneto's and Storm's, but I doubt they would be able to think of a clever way in regards to telepathy as my as Emma does.)

2) Emma trained Jean when they joined Scott's school during Bendis run, so Jean's style is her different now then from her regular counterpart. It is subtle, sneaky, and ouright embarrassing for Karnak who has precognition and the ability to find weak points. Great way of demonstrating what Jean learned over the years and the amount of power she possesses.

3) Her line towards him is very Emma. "My feelings are hurt, Karnak. I've always considered myself a warrior." So, sarcastic. I lobe it oddly enoughenoughj. That shows how much of an influence Emma had been to Jean, if you still consider the fact that they became friends and Jean is younger than her. (Making her quite easily influenced.)

I meant in a non-in character way - as in the writer thought how Strange handled it in the movie was cool so kind of took that idea for Jean.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: You really can't see why? These events have gotten out of hand and are just plain ridiculous. Then they have an Inhumans writer along with the weakest X-men writer on this event that has a beyond ridiculous overdone extinction hero Vs hero storyline. Couple that with the recent interview from the writer in which he basically compares the Inhuman fart cloud to peanut allergies and instead of explaining things and telling why stories aren't matching up he says just roll with it. Oh and let's throw in all the mischaracterization, ham-fisted catering to certain groups but calling it diversity, the insistance on featuring ridiculous character creations and over reliance on the same old time travel alternate reality crap, and needlessly killing off characters, while putting others in multiple but leaving some to rot on the shelf...... And you find it hard to believe why I won't continue to support this mess. I'm just backing up my criticisms on these and other forums by not spending hard earned money on an inferior product

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: She AND Emma Frost took out Black Bolt. Why do you and so many others not mention Emma in this feat?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Um, you do realize that although Lemire may have came up with the idea, the other writer had no choice but make do with what he got. And tbf to Lemire, Bendis really wrote them into a corner. It was already crap to begin with, so I don't see a reason to use the previous arcs judgements in application to how this story is doing. It isn't just Lemire writing it and would be completely unfair to the other writer. You do this, and you winder why I am puzzled? It is not completely their fault. What is done is done. We can only go toward and judge them as they are. If I were to judge them in line with current history, I would say that although the run has been horrid, is seems like a good start to end the whole crisis. Storm is no longer rolling over to maintain peace between mutants and inhumans on issue that would have failed to begin with, Emma is no longer background fodder, Jeen is developing into her own to where we can call her separate to the real deal, Rogue is back, Dazzler is back, Magneto is no longer being held back by preachy Storm, and Beast got what was coming to him for a long time. Is is perfect? No. Is it perfect enough under the circumstances? Yes. It was a legitamently good first two issues. It may not mean IvX is a success, but that certainly does not mean it is garbage by any stretch. That is why I am waiting until we see how they plan in having the Inhumans retaliate and how things develop before ultimately giving my true judgements, that is how you fairly determine things. With an open mind and look into what was trying to be accomplished.

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: There's a whole lot of text there (and I read all of it to be respectful) but I think he originally just stated he was sick of events, which to be fair is reasonable given the sheer volume of stuff that gets put out there. Civil War II isn't done yet and we have IvX starting. It's also reasonable to presume that hitting a company in the wallet is the only thing that works. That said, I've got the disposable income and I can't say no to Yu on art so I grabbed it.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@materiel said:

@pyrofn: There's a whole lot of text there (and I read all of it to be respectful) but I think he originally just stated he was sick of events, which to be fair is reasonable given the sheer volume of stuff that gets put out there. Civil War II isn't done yet and we have IvX starting. It's also reasonable to presume that hitting a company in the wallet is the only thing that works. That said, I've got the disposable income and I can't say no to Yu on art so I grabbed it.

I heard that^^

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HAWK2916

@pyrofn: Nice little lecture there. I like how you just ignored most of what I said in an effort to defend a weak writer. As much as I despise Bendis... He's not to blame for the current bs rehash of an extinction plot. Nobody was written into that much of a corner that the only option they had left was create an Inhuman gas cloud and ignore everything to somehow make it deadly to mutants. Secret Wars essentially ended that whole plot if they had possessed the sense to move on.

Most people who read Soule's interview with explanation of things have many reasons to be turned off. But aside from all of that it seems like you are willing to believe that a weak writer who's current run on X-men has been mediocre at best will somehow magically deliver on yet another tiresome event. I think judging or prejudging on the basis of it being a weak story and plot to begin with, coupled with being tired of event after event, having read the musings of a weak writer when it comes to teams, along with the regarding of a tired plot, weak storytelling, and little to know character development, all of that is enough for me to make the decision to boycott this event and others in the future. I happen to be putting my money where my mouth is on this one. You can choose to turn a blind eye or play the cockeyed or dougheyed optimist all you want but Marvel and the X-men writers and editors have given me no reason to blindly trust them so it's sort of a fool me once type situation for me and plus you know the definition of insanity and all that.

And as far as what's trying to be accomplished.....well we know if you can make the most money, in this case 5 and 6 dollars an issue is probably going to be the norm for an event, while investing the least amount effort, which is being done by rehashing an old plot,ignoring continuity, and lazily relying on pointless gimmicks such as the death of a character and the hero Vs hero conflict.....if that's the goal then Marvel is doing a bang up job. So enjoy it. I will continue to voice my opinion and let me wallet speak for me also

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: OK, I see. We still can't blame him for the decision of keeping things the same, as you see, nothing has changed in the 616. Yes, the writer came up with somethin crappy, but again, he had to deal with the crap because Marvel intended on keeping everything the same, with only change being adding the Ultimate universe characters, not even most of them, buy a couple.

I apologize. I am not trying to sound like I am lecturing.

My optimism does not come from his past performance. Now you have ignored my thoughts. To paraphrase my admittedly long ramblings, "they started off good. We can predict try will be bad, but we can't say for sure. Will until the rest come out, or at least an important event takes place."

I don't pay for comics. I have read on YouTube. Granted the content could get flagged but it is a safer bet and I font have to waste money on a bad story. Shameful? Probably. I'm no blind idiot as you have inferred that I am.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there will be iceman vs human torch. But it wont be just iceman cos there are two icemans. Both can summon ice clones.

Ice clones from 2 icemen and magik can let some monsters out of limbo.

The rest can bring their scorecards and cheer.

If any of the inhumans are left standing, storm can summon tornadoes and rain and electricute them with lightning.

The others should make sure that blackbolt doesnt wake up

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: yeah well... I'll stand by what I said. This event stems from a crappy premise. In my opinion the writing will not be good when the plot makes no sense and is bad in the first place. Cant put lipstick and a dress on a pig and expect it to be pretty or be anything other than a pig.

We can't cry that we are tired of events but then go buy every bs event they push out there, because money talks so again I'm speaking with my wallet.

I did get a kick out the fact that you're reading YouTube and not buying. Lol. Way to stick it to the man. Lol

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there will be iceman vs human torch. But it wont be just iceman cos there are two icemans. Both can summon ice clones.

If any of the inhumans are left standing, storm can summon tornadoes and rain and electricute them with lightning.

Is he even still a threat anymore? Emma smashed his vocal cords in diamond form. Unless the Inhumans manage to heal him.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only way the Inhumans can actually win is if the writers use PIS. There's absolutely no way Medusa can take down anyone from the X-Men. And Black Bolt getting taken down by everything (Dazzler) and Emma, it should get a reward. For some reason, I hope the Inhumans (except for Kamala Khan, Moon Girl, Daisy Johnson, etc.) get tortured by the one and only Illyana Rasputin!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Magik can possibly solo the Inhumans, just saying

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By poisonfleur

The only way the Inhumans can actually win is if the writers use PIS. There's absolutely no way Medusa can take down anyone from the X-Men. And Black Bolt getting taken down by everything (Dazzler) and Emma, it should get a reward. For some reason, I hope the Inhumans (except for Kamala Khan, Moon Girl, Daisy Johnson, etc.) get tortured by the one and only Illyana Rasputin!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Magik can possibly solo the Inhumans, just saying

OMG! I forgot Moon Girl is an Inhuman! I like her!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@darthphoenix said:

Is he even still a threat anymore? Emma smashed his vocal cords in diamond form. Unless the Inhumans manage to heal him.

Just to point out, Black Bolt is massively strong and durable on his own terms, Emma would at best be causing bruises, so no healing is really needed. Also... didn't she just punch him? I mean, the whole point of this is not to kill Inhumans, and Emma more than most is likely aware that committing regicide would set off the Inhumans in a whole other way.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:
@darthphoenix said:

Just to point out, Black Bolt is massively strong and durable on his own terms, Emma would at best be causing bruises, so no healing is really needed. Also... didn't she just punch him? I mean, the whole point of this is not to kill Inhumans, and Emma more than most is likely aware that committing regicide would set off the Inhumans in a whole other way.

As much as I believe you, I don't think that's what happened. The way I read this, Emma was strengthening her diamond form since Scott passed for Black Bolt. And when Dazzler and Emma took on Black Bolt, Emma smashed his vocal cords to permanently knock him out of the game. Knocking him out for a little would be a dumb plan, imo...

Obviously either of us could be right and anything could happen. My bet is the Inhumans have a healer and heal Black Bolts vocal cords so he will eventually join the fight against the X-men. Just not this second... because the X-men heating things up nicely. I imagine, Black Bolt will be back midway through this event for a comeback. It wouldn't surprise me if before this event was over he screamed at Emma and shattered her. I could see Emma going out like that.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85 said:
@poisonfleur said:
@darthphoenix said:

As much as I believe you, I don't think that's what happened. The way I read this, Emma was strengthening her diamond form since Scott passed for Black Bolt. And when Dazzler and Emma took on Black Bolt, Emma smashed his vocal cords to permanently knock him out of the game. Knocking him out for a little would be a dumb plan, imo...

Obviously either of us could be right and anything could happen. My bet is the Inhumans have a healer and heal Black Bolts vocal cords so he will eventually join the fight against the X-men. Just not this second... because the X-men heating things up nicely. I imagine, Black Bolt will be back midway through this event for a comeback. It wouldn't surprise me if before this event was over he screamed at Emma and shattered her. I could see Emma going out like that.

I'm not sure if it's possible for her to 'strengthen' her diamond form, it's one of the hardest substances on Earth already after all and the only way to break her used to be to strike her right on the bridge of her nose. What I have seen Emma do was time and quicken herself to bring it out at a seconds notice. Well, if they just left him there, sure. But isn't there something about most of the Royal Family ending up in Limbo under Magik's dubious hospitality? (Also I am not sure if punching/cutting Black Bolts throat is a good thing... otherwise the Skrull would just have done that when they had him replaced) Also, let me point to that cutting or gouging out his throat like she did (with a fist), would likely kill him.

I imagine it will be something like that as well. But I think Magik just as a null zone of somekind in Limbo (because she has everything down there) and Emma and Dazzler just needed to knock him out so Magik could pick him up without too much trouble.

As for how it's going to be resolved, I agree, despite the royals being shunted off into the realm of nightmares, they are more than likely to get out or be let out (not ruling out an X-man or two switching sides) and make a comeback. As for Emma, I definitely consider her a likely candidate for a last minute death to close the event... but I have to say I think it will come about with someone figuring out how to turn off her diamond shape at the right (or wrong) moment. As for who's going to off her... to be honest, I think Medusa is more likely, because she has quite a vindictive streak. Plus there is some irony in Emma, who fancies herself a queen, getting killed by an actual queen who often acts in exactly the same way. Either that or it will be Karnak who turns her head into diamond powder.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Fair enough. I'd be willing to buy the books when they get good. (Hopefully at resurrexion when the writers change and the books are spread amongst them)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

it was a decent issue.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something just crossed my mind. Was Emma Frost and Cyclops still considered an item during his death? I remember in AvX: Consequences and Uncanny X-Men Vol 3 that Emma Frost broke up with Cyclops or at least she was about to and make it official.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something just crossed my mind. Was Emma Frost and Cyclops still considered an item during his death? I remember in AvX: Consequences and Uncanny X-Men Vol 3 that Emma Frost broke up with Cyclops or at least she was about to and make it official.

Yeah. She cheated on him with Namor. But at the end of Bendis Uncanny run. She wanted to start over with Scott. He declined. And then shortly after, he died in her arms. So you could imagine-- Emma isn't in a good place.

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey said:

Yeah. She cheated on him with Namor. But at the end of Bendis Uncanny run. She wanted to start over with Scott. He declined. And then shortly after, he died in her arms. So you could imagine-- Emma isn't in a good place.

A good portion of what occurred at the end of Bendis' run (Uncanny X-Men 600) seems like it was outright ignored. Cyclops team was broken up, but in DoX they're going along like nothing ever happened. She refers to him as darling, too. Classic Emma, but given him not "wanting to touch her with Namor's trident" I doubt she'd be inclined to be in the same room. Iceman, fresh off rrrhate train seems okay with Scott leading a mission, too. Goldballs is there as well. Given the end of Bendis' run, this is not a situation that should be occurring unless you read 600 as a "everything is fixed."

Or screw all of that and just blame Franklin, Reed and Secret Wars.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The X-men were awesome. Lots of great moments on this issue which makes me feel more scared on what happens on issue number 2. :(

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a bad issue at all.. Just a few things were off.

Why Storm hit Beast with a LightingBolt? Only to heal him?? Why not simply shut him down With TP, that was harsh & outta character for storm IMO

I try not to struggle with this but I do; WtF is wrong with Everybody else on earth?!? the Inhumans released a cloud to change a good percentage of the population!! W/ Thanos involvement some forgiveness should be there but the fricking clouds should not & cannot be allowed to exist in such a manner.

The Xmen are finally letting their balls hang; but come one he school is in Limbo WTF? Cyclops died but BB did pretty much Attempt to kill him. It's time to start killin a few Inhumans for hurting them really bad screw that...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#40  Edited By Teerack
@poisonfleur said:

4) I'm still bracing myself for Storm Vs Medusa. We all know it's going to happen. We all know WEATHER should stop HAIR-- but then again.... Magneto should have beaten Iron Man... So I'm nervous.

On and unrelated note I just want to say the Iron Man vs Magneto fight was one of the best things in AvX. I think assuming Magneto should have one would be silly considering Tony Stark had a lot of time to considering how to fight Magneto. His suit didn't have any metal in it and this is the man who not to long ago took on the entire inhuman island by himself and managed to subdue Blackbolt my himself. Even in Axis Magneto knew that if Tony Stark turned evil the world was doomed and tried to kill him in desperation.

I also do think Storm is way more powerful then Medusa(and most of he inhumans really) but Medusa's power does give her a bigger edge in close quarters combat. Her hair is also not just hair it is stronger then spider-man's webs which are themselves a good bit stronger then steel. It would be like fighting Omega Red but with a million super fine tentacles instead of just two.

Now I don't think Beast is going to betray the X-Men push comes to shove. He would probably warned them trying to stop the fighting but ending up hurting the x-men in the end but I don't think his goal would ever be the harm the x-men. He was acting mostly out of fear from whats to come in his actions here. I mean we don't even know what Beast knows about their defenses. What would happen if say next issue the X-Men own the Inhumans and then take the island and then... BOOM! The entire island release a mini terrigin bomb and all of the x-men are exposed to the mists. In that case Beast would have been right.

I think my favorite part of this issue besides seeing Dazzler "shine" :3 and Magneto be a Magneto :3 was probably the meeting of the mutant leaders. The scene really made me miss Madrox. T_T I will say that I think it was kind of strange that Cable wasn't there. In Uncanny Avengers Cable was the one getting the info needed for the secret missions the mutant avengers were doing behind Cap's back in Uncanny Avengers. I would think Cable would probably be one of the best mutants around for when it comes to a big war plan like this. Also even though she isn't a mutant herself anymore I would have loved to see Callisto at the meeting considering the Morlocks are still a thing. Also I would think that Sunspot would have been an important person to call considering him being the leader of an Avengers team and A.I.M. makes him one of the most powerful and resourceful people on the planet dough im going to assume that just like Rogue they are going to try and bench anyone who ties too close to the Avengers just to keep the event from getting too sloppy.

Right now the characters I'm curious about are Havok and Xorn. I'm pretty sure they will have a role in this story and I'm curious to see how it goes. I really hope Havok has a big role the inhumans killed both his brothers. -_-

I know its a huge long shot but I would really like to see Vulcan come back somehow from all of this considering the last time him and Blackbolt fraught it ended with a double K.O.

Issue 4 also has this as a variant cover.

No Caption Provided

Would be very awesome to see Namor back. Imperius Rex!

RockyWocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

Dazzler took out Black Bolt. lol

kill me.....

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rockywocky: You do know how Dazzlers powers work don’t you?

RockyWocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

She basicly can control sound waves (at least I think), but dosn't black bolt use electrons so that does not work??

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PyroFN

@rockywocky: Yes, in a sense. That isn’t what his voice is made of. It’s still his voice, sound is still being produced. Unless you got a scan the proves otherwise.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

She basicly can control sound waves (at least I think), but dosn't black bolt use electrons so that does not work??

He was jobbed for the story. He was also about to use his voice right from the get go when he doesn't do that. It's like his principle. It's a trash story, don't really think about it. Most of the fights were absurd.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get to issue #1. I only made it two issues into Death of X before giving up on that story.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PyroFN

@adamtrmm: According to sources, Black Bolt uses he electrons through his antennas, not his voice. The electrons in his brain enhance the power of his voice, they don’t make up the properties of his voice as far as the sources have told me. Again, a scan proving otherwise is always welcome.

I’m quite sure Black Bolt at the time was more focused on Emma than the woman he didn’t know. Try going hand/to-hand with the daimond body woman who could tank Celestial blasts? Use the electron beams on the daimond body that could repels Scotts optic blasts full force? Or use his voice at a controlled amp in which should at least knock both away? I think he was thinking in clear character, but was merely outmatched by their prep. The story was good in the beginning, but only got progressively worse into the garbage of an ending we got.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

According to sources, Black Bolt uses he electrons through his antennas, not his voice. The electrons in his brain enhance the power of his voice, they don’t make up the properties of his voice as far as the sources have told me. Again, a scan proving otherwise is always welcome.

I'm not sure what you're arguing against here, also IIRC he had this headgear with an antenna, so he could've clearly used the electron manipulation even if this limitations still exist (I'm not sure they do).

I’m quite sure Black Bolt at the time was more focused on Emma than the woman he didn’t know. Try going hand/to-hand with the daimond body woman who could tank Celestial blasts? Use the electron beams on the daimond body that could repels Scotts optic blasts full force? Or use his voice at a controlled amp in which should at least knock both away? I think he was thinking in clear character, but was merely outmatched by their prep. The story was good in the beginning, but only got progressively worse into the garbage of an ending we got.

Bolt held his own against Hulk, Thor and Gladiator without his voice, there's really not much Emma could've done to him if he's written correctly. And this Celestial drone blast chopped her arm off, so yeah :p I mean, I do think the team of Emma and Dazzler could've been exploited effectively with say if Emma would first try assault him telepathically, also trigger his commitment to the Inhumans by provoking him, saying, I don't know, that all of the Inhumans will know loss the way she does or something, I mean, any actual way that would've forced him to use his voice, would've also been much more impactful storywise if you ask me. As to how she impaled him in her diamond form? Well, that's usual Charles Soule to you. The same guy who wrote Guy Gradner humiliate Atrocitus, when the latter even without his ring gave hell to Sinestro and Hal, same guy who had the Leader exorcise Spirit of Vengeance out of Johnny Blaze, hell, it's the same guy who wrote IvX! That's the only explanation needed lol!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: The question was about electrons having any part in his voice, in which from what I’ve gathered, they play a part in enhancing the power of his voice but don’t compose his voice of them.

Lol, I mentioned it chopping her arm off numerous times. I was tired of writing the disclaimer. Her reaction was always priceless, though. You should still not that that same Celestial blast put a hole in Colossus chest and yet Emma only lost an arm after being blasted. She has also survived Genoshas collapse in that form, being blasted by Bishop, and has held her own against World Breaker Hulk. Granted, she lost, but she was key in many of their plans that involved distracting him.

You are perhaps right in that Black Bolt could’ve been pushed to that edge rather than going for the voice at bat. I guess I figured Emma’s reputation proceeded her. While she is capable of penetrating his mind, his defenses may stall her for a little longer than she’d have liked.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn:

Maybe it can amp his voice according to some handbooks, but as far as feats go I don't recall such usage of it. He mostly uses them separately, electron manip for energy projection and physical amps being the most usual applications, and his voice as a last resort type of attack, or when he really pissed, or willing to show off. It's also very much about self control, which is a huge part of his character.

Lol, I mentioned it chopping her arm off numerous times. I was tired of writing the disclaimer. Her reaction was always priceless, though. You should still not that that same Celestial blast put a hole in Colossus chest and yet Emma only lost an arm after being blasted. She has also survived Genoshas collapse in that form, being blasted by Bishop, and has held her own against World Breaker Hulk. Granted, she lost, but she was key in many of their plans that involved distracting him.

You are perhaps right in that Black Bolt could’ve been pushed to that edge rather than going for the voice at bat. I guess I figured Emma’s reputation proceeded her. While she is capable of penetrating his mind, his defenses may stall her for a little longer than she’d have liked.

World War Hulk* if we're being technical :p And if we keep being technical, Colossus was directly hit while Emma wasn't. Technicals aside, I'd really like to see a comics were mutant bricks do some competitive exercises to explore the limits of their durability, like all of them. Because while by feats Colossus maybe more durable than Emma, diamond>metal... technically :p I mean, she doesn't have to be stronger than him, just more durable. Also, the whole concept that her diamond form is imperfect and has a weakness shouldn't automatically make her vulnerable. There's lots of contexts to this concept. Genoshan part was sweet, out of all the messes committed by Morrison, Emma's diamond form isn't one of them. I like it a lot. But Genoshans ended up being utter mindless fodder, so there's also that. Anyway, I never implied Bolt should've shattered her or something, but the all of their encounters were written silly all things considered.