I'm calling it, the "cure" for m-pox

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

So I don't think M-Pox was made to kill the x-men. I think it was just another part of marvel's plan to rebrand the x-men as another franchise they actually own. We've seen more and more x-men join the Avengers and Inhuman teams and now mutants are dying from m-pox and there are no more new mutants being born.

I think what will happen is the "cure" to the m-pox will be that they will do something that alters the genetics of mutants and it ends up turning them into inhumanes.

You might not agree or like it(I don't like it either) but I just wanted to call it because im so sure marvel is gonna do it. >:D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

That sounds plausible at this point given how badly Marvel have treated the X-Men. I'm not a great fan of the X-Men and I can see how terribly they've been mistreated by Marvel.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I know compleX and stuff, but even if they turn mutants into inhumans, what exactly are they achieving with this thing?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

At this point I really don't care anymore. If turning them into Inhumans stops the sabotage then whatever. Mutants and Inhumans could be closely related even one in the same but they are just screwing everything up. I don't doubt that Marvel would do this and if they manage to change the mutants origin with something like this they probably could create a situation similar to how Quicksilver is shared and portrayed differently in Fox's X-men and in Marvel's Avengers movie verse. You could end up with Marvel's Uncanny X-men which could and would be different from just X-men at Fox. And before you say it can't happen just look at network TV and other films and how they basically tell the same stories and have the same premises for shows but just call them different things. As long as you change or tweak one or two elements then there's no copyright trouble

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure they'll turn the mutants into inhumans too. Mr. Sinister hinted that at the beginning of Extraordinary X-Men, claiming he was turning the mutant race into something better and almost succeeding by mixing inhuman and mutant dna etc.

Suddenly that rumour of "X-Men exiled in space" looks like heaven. This offends me a lot.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joaopedrogomes: @hawk2916: @adamtrmm: @lvenger: @teerack:

Question for ALL of you......IF it is believed so that the X-men at some point become or turn into Inhumans....Doesn't that mean the X-men are now subjects to the Queen of Inhumans? I mean look at it Medusa is the Queen of the Inhumans every new Inhuman becomes subjugated to her because she's a ruler. Do you guys honestly THINK the X-men will allowed themselves to be ruled over someone they "Probably" don't like?

What do you guys think? Just curious is all....

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping Hope Summers, who is "the mutant messiah" will somehow use her powers to cure the Terrigan plague and most of the Inhumans will due in the process. The only people i can imagine that can fix m-pox is either Hope or Cable or both

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix

Nah, they'd probably be really sceptic about inhuman traditions. The X-Men are their own thing with their own history, and subjugating themselves to the Medusa is not something they would do, I think. It's "just" a genetic change for survival purposes after all. Inhuman society is much more than that.

BUT actually that's a good cause for the upcoming Inhumans vs. X-men. To fully become inhuman would mean that the mutants would finally get rid of their marginal status. Probably some of them would be willing to do that without thinking twice, even if that means changing their lives completely.

Not gonna lie, I'd be at least curious to see how they would explore that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: No they would fight against that. I don't see the X-men supporting or submitting to a "racist, xenophobic, slave owner society" to quote a friend of mine. The Inhumane seeking to subjugate all with a mutation and the X-men fighting against them and actually teaming up with humans to cast the Inhumans off the planet, then the humans seeing the power that mutants really could unleash and restarting the suspicion,skepticism and paranoia that led to people like Bishop and Ruby Summers future,....might be the only way to even read and enjoy this.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperion_x: Yeah I would love to see something like this happen with Hope really being the mutant messiah in this situation and then it leading to her becoming the Dark Messiah, which is a story I've hoped for and even tried my hand a writing for the longest. It would be a sad but present day play on the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline from way back when.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Problem is that a mutant just died of M-Pox in Death of X.