If you can reboot the X-men movie franchise, how would you do it?

• 73 results
Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Cole_Mercer

Discuss!!!

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crimsonlord53

1st movie the O5 team and setting up the Mutant human divide

2nd Giant sized X men intro of storm wolverine peter kurt.

3rd Genosha or the hellfire club.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Start out by recasting the first trilogy. The best choices were Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier. But to be honest, every other actor and actress should be replaced with people that can more easily fit into an ensemble cast. It was barely worth it for Halle Berry to play Storm since she was too short and barely had any lines. An unknown actress with legitimate acting talent could have done better.

The story for Part 1, 2 and 3 should have nothing to do with the Dark Phoenix Saga. To be honest, it would be best if they focused on the human/mutant conflict and explore the various villains that have different ideologies from the X-Men.

The 1st movie should revisit Magneto and the Brotherhood. The climactic fight scene should be on a space station with Jean manifesting upgraded powers to save the other X-Men. The B plot should be a new squad (the All New, All Different team) replacing the original lineup, with the first group fighting earlier and then disbanding towards the middle. Magneto attacks the school a la Jim Lee's X-Men series, the team follows him to Asteroid M and fight brainwashed team members.

The 2nd movie should carry over from the first ending, with the X-Men returning to the mansion after the space mission. It should feature the Hellfire Club with a revamped roster, including Selene. The X-Men learn of Emma Frost training her own squad of new mutants, The Hellions, when they go to recruit Kitty Pryde. There can be a few philosophical debates between Charles Xavier, Magneto (who joins the Hellfire Club), Emma Frost & Sebastian Shaw and finally the "let it all burn" folk like Selene. We can also see special, mutant power dampening technologies like the ones that neutralized the X-Men in the first Hellfire Club storyline.

The 3rd movie should be slipped into continuity with the Iron Man Franchise by introducing the Sentinels. The original plot is expanded upon from back in the original series, with Professor X being taken into custody and the X-Men fighting the Sentinels over New York and Westchester. The suits would be more similar to larger Iron Man tech, and the X-Men would try to figure out where the upgraded tech came from. They learn about a mutant named Apocalypse who believes in survival of the fittest and is using the Sentinels to weed out the weaker mutants. The team is split up during the Sentinel battles but meet up in time to fight Apocalypse in the last scene.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blacharrt1
  1. I would completely retcon all three x-men movies storylines because they were horrible.
  • I would have borrowed from the Ultimate universe storyline abit or the X-men cartoon, and 616 instances, which had much better storylines than any of the movies.
  • The Hellfire club Phoenix instance was much better than the Movie's version of the instance.
  • I would also follow the comics a little bit and make Rogue and Mystique's relationship as mother and daughter a little more apparent. She would start off as the villians in the first movie and transition to the team like she did in the Books.
  • I'd make Bobby funny!!!!
  • Magneto would not be the villain in all three of my Movies, Mr. Sinister & Maddie would have been the Second, and the Last would have been Apocalypse with the Legacy Virus, which would have been a more interesting cliff hanger to the entire series.

2. Recast everyone but Stewart Patrick, James Marsden, Hugh Jackman..

• (Sir Ian Mckellan was great but an older version of magneto would have been a better role for him.)
  • Toad ( Ray Parks) should have been Pyro.
  • Jackman would have to be less of a prettyboy crybaby and more of angry short badass.

Cate Blanchett as Jean Grey.

Christoper Waltz as Magneto

IMAN as Storm

Tilda Swinton as Msytique

Pink as Rogue

Ryan Gossling as Iceman

Colossus as John Cena or

Emma Watson as Kitty Pryde

Still thinking about Sabertooth and other other lot.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XsPectre28

since the marvel movie verse doesnt focus on the comic book series i would start a new series all together focusing on some new characters with cameos of some of the originals.

Title- X-men: Revival

the only x-men still alive would be Magneto, Armor, Magik, Forge, Bishop, Rogue, Fantomex & Eva!!!!!!

Students/New Mutants-

Rachel, Nathan, & Nathaniel Summers- All Children of Scott Summers & Jean Grey Summers. ( Rachel Is the oldest @ age 17 while Nathan(X-man) & Nathaniel(Cable) are twins at age 15) Rachel will have telepathy & psychometry as well as Astral Projection- in her Astral Form her body is completely black aside from the phoenix emblem over her face. Nathan(X-man) will have mainly Telekinesis which allows him to fly, create a personal force field that protects him from ONLY physical attacks & can increase his strength. Nathaniel(Cable) has low level telepathy which allows him to read minds, communicate telepathically, create limited illusions. he also has low level Telekinesis which allow him to fire concussive energy blasts.

OTHER STUDENTS INCLUDE:

Mondo: Mondo

Savage: is Actually X-23

Chamber: Chamber

Spectra: Is Actual Cipher

Nightshade: with the ability to move through shadows. Could merge with his shadow for superhuman strength and intangibility (African American Male)

these are my "good guys" if this is liked so far i will continue!!!!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Here's my X-Men movie reboot:

Movie 1: X-Men

In this movie, it should introduce the original 5 X-Men (Iceman, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and Angel) and discuss about how they first met and about their adventures.

Movie 2: X-Men 2: The Second Generation

In this movie, it would introduce the second generation X-Men (Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird, Sunfire and Banshee) and it should be about how they would rescue the original 5 X-Men from the island of Krakoa.  At the end of movie, it should end up with Jean Grey sacrificing her life on the space shuttle and then have the image of the Phoenix show up in the water.

Movie 3: X-Men 3: The Dark Phoenix Saga

In this movie, after Jean Grey is shown to survive the shuttle crash, she is then manipulated by the Hellfire Club in turning into the Dark Phoenix and then she causes destruction everywhere she goes.  She and the X-Men then end up on the Shiar Empire where they have to fight against their forces to prove Jean's innocence.

As for the rest of the movies, it can range from Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse, and so on.
Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Cole_Mercer

@PhoenixoftheTides: Please become a film director lol

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CF12793

I would drop the aspect of introducing characters (Colossus, Psylocke, Juggernaut) and doing nothing with them, but it seems as if they're through with that by introducing a core cast in First Class and sticking with them.

also, if I knew that it was going to be a series, I would make sure the continuity is fluid throughout. If I'm going to introduce Beast in the second film, I'm not going to have him cameo as some other actor in the first. I always found the references to other characters to be one of the best things about the franchise, so I would introduce more of that. Subtely dropping hints of characters that could be introduced later on.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

start at the beginning....the original 5 AS TEENAGERS getting recruited by Xavier and battling Magneto and the Brotherhood

stop the mixed generations crap and keep the continuity of the films coherent...none of this crap with a teenage Emma Frost showing up in a Wolverine film set during the late 70's and then have an adult Emma show up in a later film set in the 60's

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sunhawk

you really just have to start over using the Avengers movie as your start point. make it that world one where mutants are rare and only known by a few. then the invasion of new york brings a lot of super powered people out of the shadows.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By THORSON

more solo movies.

i'd love to see a solo iceman movie, colossus, storm, gambit and psylocke. and movies where it gives all characters time to shine, without being overshadowed by wolverine.

the avengers did a good job without making everything just about one character. it was shared, everyone, even maria got their time to shine without being overshadowed.

thespidey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thespidey307

1st movie: The Uncanny X-Men

The movie would start off with the original 5: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Angel, and Iceman. They would first meet up and have to get used to work together. Beast would already be in his blue furry form because he already tried to cure himself, but failed. Meanwhile, Nathaniel Essex owns a big corporation who studies human genetics, but behind the scenes, he is really Mr. Sinister, and his secret elite group called the Marauders kidnap innocent mutants and he studies them. Later, when he is done, his marauders kill them. Throughout the film, the x-men learn how to work together and confront the marauders. They leaner of Mr. Sinister's methods and learn who he really is. They defeat them, but before the x-men can capture him, he seemly commits sucide and disappears. The public is horrified and learn mutants exist and begin hating on them. Professor X tells the x-men that he assembled them because he wants to prove that mutants and humans can coexist. The X-Men approve and work hard to ensure his dream.

In a after credit scene, mr. sinister survives and talks to his "master". (I figure using mr. sinister because many people might be tired of magneto like myself)

2nd movie: The Astonishing X-Men

The movie would start off with the rising of anti-mutant movements and the public still wants to know who is the mysterious x-men. Professor X recruits more members: Sunspot, Armor, Rockslide, Hellion, and Pixie. (Introduce more mutants) Meanwhile, Bolivar Trask comes to the government and proposes to the idea of creating the sentinels. The government likes the idea of orders him to create the sentinels and builds a sentinel that will control every one: Master Mold. Months later, the sentinels are build and are revealed to the public. The X-Men are cautious to what this means to the future. Professor X decides to go on air and explain that the sentinels are a bad idea, but the x-men think that it is a bad idea. he goes on air anyway. After a conversation between Professor X and Bolivar Trask, Master Mold becomes smart and decides to take over. It orders the sentinels to capture Trask and Professor X(it learned that he was a mutant). The x-men assemble and try to save their mentor, but fail. Suddenly, sentinels appear in New York CIty and try to take over. The x-men battle and defeat them, and try to figure out where master mold is. Meanwhile, they watch on television that an old research facility is rising from the earth and heads to space. (Kind of like Asteroid M) The x-men travel to asteroid m by their x-jet. After fighting off a bunch of mini-sentinels, they confront master mold. They learn that is plans to use Professor's X brain and locate every mutant on the planet and kill them with the sentinels, while it takes over all of humanity. X-Men fight master mold, but are defeated due to its high tech. Trask learns that not all mutants are bad, and decide to help them by exploiting master mold's weakness. They exploit it and it shuts down all of the sentinels, but master mold is not done yet. It activates a self-destructive method and will crash onto the earth causing extreme damage to the landscape. Trask holds off master mold while the x-men escape with Professor X. Trask manages to destroy Master Mold and Asteroid M, by sacrificing himself. The public thinks the x-men killed Trask, but some people believe that they saved them all. The dream between mutants and humans coexisting seems to becoming true.

After credit scene: The "master" learns of these sentinels and plans on using them in the future.

3rd movie: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse

The movie starts off with the x-men learning that mr. sinister is alive along with his marauders . The x-men go out and confront him, but discover that he is heading to Egypt. The marauders hold off the x-men, but after a long battle, the x-men defeat them, but not after Angel's wings getting damaged and cut off during the battle. The x-men discover that they were being held off, and Mr. Sinister resurrects his master: Apocalypse. Apocalypse declares that the weak must serve the strong, and kills sinister for good, because he saw him as"weak", but spares the x-men for being "strong". The x-men try to confront them, but are easily defeated, but are still spared. Apocalypse then disappears. A few days later, the x-men try to find out more about apocalypse, but them he appears on television and tells the world that the strong should be the superior ones. He takes control of the sentinels and unleashes them on every country on the world. The x-men realize that this is their toughest battle yet. They spilt up into two teams: Blue Team and Gold Team. The blue team: cyclops, beast, hellion, armor, and sunspot. The gold team: jean grey, iceman, rockslide, and pixie. Angel is still wounded from his wings, so he stays behind. The blue team heads to the western part of the world, while the gold team heads to the eastern part of the world. Meanwhile, angel is visited by apocalypse. Professor X tries to stop him, but gets subdued. Apocalypse offers to replace angel's wings, and angel is reluctantly agrees. With the help of SHIELD, the x-men nearly destroyed every sentinel in the world, they learn from professor x that apocalypse kidnaped angel. The x-men return to the mansion and try to think of a new plan. They discover that apocalypse's base is in the great pyramids. They confront him, but are shocked to discover that angel is now archangel and is serving as Death. They managed to subdue archangel and fight apocalypse. He is too powerful and the x-men are defeated, but archangel's inner self fights back and fights apocalypse. Apocalypse is wounded, but activates, his plan: remaking the population as mutants and conquering the world. jean grey's "phoenix" persona is unleashed and apocalypse is nearly killed, but jean gets a hold of herself. The pyramids start to crumble down, but pixie activates a teleporter in the machines of the pyramids and sends apocalypse in another timeline. The x-men escape. The world realizes that the x-men are good mutants and are grateful. Archangel decided to use his new power and control himself with the power. There are some people that believe that mutants are bad, like Reverend William Stryker. However, professor's x dream has come true: The X-Men are now officially superheroes now, and the future of mutants and humans is now a good future now. Professor X informs the x-men that new members will be coming in soon.

End Trilogy.

Whew, that was a lot, but I hope you enjoyed it!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By amazing_webhead
  • The films would be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. (duh)
  • Wolverine would'nt be the center of every film. He'd still be a very important character, but the others would also get some attention. For example, if I did the Dark Phoenix saga (very likely) Scott wouldn't get killed off in ten minutes and Logan wouldn't take his role from the comic.
  • Nightcrawler would no longer be the only one to keep his accent.
  • I'd return to Stan Lee's original concept of a team of young mutants training to control their abilities. Most of them would be the students, while older members like Wolverine, Storm, Beast, and Banshee are the teachers.
  • Speaking of which, more Stan Lee cameos.
  • More Danger Room sessions.
  • More/larger New Mutant cameos. The movies wouldn't be just a few X-Men and a few Brootherhood members with hundreds of unnamed cameos in the background. And less one-film appearances (like Sabretooth, Angel, Toad, Nightcrawler, and Juggernaut all had)
  • More villains. The Sentinels would be cool. And the films can build up to fighting Apocalypse.
  • I'd remember the Fastball Special, of coarse. While they're in a fight, Logan would tell Colossus "Okay, Russkie, just like we practiced!" and he'd throw Logan right at the enemy.
  • More chemistry between the individual X-Men. The films would focus on them as a team, not just Logan.
  • Some recasting, but a few characters would keep their old actors (Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Patrick Stewart's Professor X, maybe a few more)
judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By judasnixon

I love the X-Men, but you couldn't pay me to touch that hot mess...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This might sound fucking insane, but I would go for a live action tv series that goes with its original roots to were it is today, going through its most important story arches, and introducing new characters as the series progresses. It would start out with its original team Ice Man, Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Jean, Professor X, plus include wolverine since he's the biggest attraction. I would also make it very dark and put it on HBO. I would do it this way because there has been so much x-men history that you can go through in a few movies. Also instead of focusing on Wolverine, I would focus on the true main character of the comics Cyclops, he is actually a very interesting and complex character.

As of casting, these are the actors I would choose.

Cyclops: This of course has to be cautious, you need the actor that is very young (like most of the cast since it starts with its original roots when they were teenagers) and can pull of the heroic "perfect" character, and can lead the group. 20 years ago Tom Cruise would be perfect, but he's like 45 now so thats a no. My fit is James Francos little brother Dave (21 jump street). I wouldn't kill him off like a retard either

Magneto: This is by far the easiest casting character, Christopher Waltz, he is polish, he can play a badass villain (like in IB), he's the right age, he can play a good Anti-hero (Django, he is a hero in the new comics) he is just the perfect magneto.

Jean Grey: Just throw in some ginger like Emma Stone

Professor X: This is super tough since Stewart played the best Professor X possible. But the closest looking person to professor x is Daniel Day Lewis, plus he's a great actor.

IceMan: He's the youngest among the X-Men, so I would go for Freddie Highmore. He'd also make a decent Cyclops, he is probably the greatest teen actor I know of. Remember little good charlie from charlie and the chocolate factory, aww he was so cute right? Now, he's norman bates in the psycho prequel show Bates Motel. If you seen Psycho you know that it was the first slasher film ever made, and little charlie dresses up in his dead mothers clothing and stabs women with a kitchen knife. And he's a great actor. So he's a good fit for ice man

Angel: Some teenage love boy like alex pettifer or zach efron, he's not that important, or much of an impact at all

Storm: I don't know her name but the black chick from the new star trek

Wolverine: Jackman has played this role so may times its fucking impossible to imagine anyone else but him, even though outside the role he's a broadway faggot, he looks the role, so, ill stick with him

Beast: you can choose any good actor for this role because all he needs is a voice and the fancy animation of today will do the rest my friend

I hope you think these are good casting options, respond if you think differently

titebutthole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movies should be rebooted with the original xmen; Beast, Jean grey, Cyclops, Angel, and Iceman. It should start out with those five and add more into the movie. Almost like what they did with the original movie. They added wolverine and rogue to an already existing team. They killed off characters too fast as well, and out of order. Sabretooth was killed off in the first one along with Toad. The Brotherhood should have been Magneto, Mystique, Toad, and Blob. Sabretooth should have been killed off in Wolverine's movie. The second movie wasn't so bad for me. The trilogy was already messed up. The third was incredibly annoying. They shouldn't have killed off Cyclops.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah I would. And to start, Magneto would manipulate more than metal and would laugh at plastic weaponry and equipment before manipulating the magnetic fields of plastic atoms to turn things back at whomever is stupid enough to use it on him.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

If I could do the whole thing over from scratch? mm..

okay, well, since people want to see the story of the 60's X-men told, I guess you could start there. I personally think it's been done to death in other media, but if you want to see the franchise started from a more source-accurate place, I'd do it in this order:

The X-men -this movie I would have loosely based onX-men: Children of the Atom, but culminating in the story from Stan Lee's The X-Men #1. The only major changes I'd make would be condensing or cutting out minor details from CotA (like Xavier taking that job as a guidance councilor) and having Magneto accompanied by the Brotherhood (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, and Destiny) when he attacks the Naval base. I'd want to have some introduction to the Sentinels as well, but I think there's enough of that in CotA.

Return of the X-men -this movie would retell the story from Giant-Size X-Men #1, except that instead of recruiting the new team to save the X-men from Krakoa, he does it to save them from Proteus instead (possibly being manipulated by Mastermind?). For the expediency of having the two stories combined, I would probably probably leave out Havok, Madrox, and Thunderbird, and only cameo Banshee and Sunfire. At the end, only Iceman and Polaris leave, with Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Colossus remaining. The teaser after the credits would be Emma trying to recruit Kitty to the Hellfire Academy.

The Uncanny X-men -this would basically be a strait adaptation of Days of Future Past, with two main differences: firstly, it would start with the first act of Marvel Graphic Novel #5 - X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills (Magneto finding the murdered children, etc) and ends with some variation of the last act. Secondly, the Brotherhood that attempts the assassination would be made up of Magneto, Mystique, Destiny, Sabertooth, and Rogue (who would absorb Sabertooth's powers during the final battle, allowing Wolverine the chance to kill him, but not doing so by Storm's order). If there was an extra scene post credits, it would be Rachel arriving in the present, chased by Nimrod. Kitty would already be a member and main character on the team at the beginning of the story, and Cyclops and Jean already gone, as an indicator that this story actually takes place after..

X-men: The Dark Phoenix Trilogy -I personally wouldn't care if they ever made this into a movie, but I at least have enough respect for the Dark Phoenix Saga to say that, if they did, it would be nice to see it really actualized as the epic it was intended to be. Angel would be recouperating from injuries sustained in his fight with Proteus at the end of Return', and wouldn't show up until the third movie (to replace Cyclops and Jean in The Uncanny'). The only thing I'd really change would be to make the Imperial Guard seem more alien in the third film.

That's all I can think of so far.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

If I could do the whole thing over from scratch? mm..

okay, well, since people want to see the story of the 60's X-men told, I guess you could start there. I personally think it's been done to death in other media, but if you want to see the franchise started from a more source-accurate place, I'd do it in this order:

The X-men -this movie I would have loosely based onX-men: Children of the Atom, but culminating in the story from Stan Lee's The X-Men #1. The only major changes I'd make would be condensing or cutting out minor details from CotA (like Xavier taking that job as a guidance councilor) and having Magneto accompanied by the Brotherhood (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, and Destiny) when he attacks the Naval base. I'd want to have some introduction to the Sentinels as well, but I think there's enough of that in CotA.

Return of the X-men -this movie would retell the story from Giant-Size X-Men #1, except that instead of recruiting the new team to save the X-men from Krakoa, he does it to save them from Proteus instead (possibly being manipulated by Mastermind?). For the expediency of having the two stories combined, I would probably probably leave out Havok, Madrox, and Thunderbird, and only cameo Banshee and Sunfire. At the end, only Iceman and Polaris leave, with Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Colossus remaining. The teaser after the credits would be Emma trying to recruit Kitty to the Hellfire Academy.

The Uncanny X-men -this would basically be a strait adaptation of Days of Future Past, with two main differences: firstly, it would start with the first act of Marvel Graphic Novel #5 - X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills (Magneto finding the murdered children, etc) and ends with some variation of the last act. Secondly, the Brotherhood that attempts the assassination would be made up of Magneto, Mystique, Destiny, Sabertooth, and Rogue (who would absorb Sabertooth's powers during the final battle, allowing Wolverine the chance to kill him, but not doing so by Storm's order). If there was an extra scene post credits, it would be Rachel arriving in the present, chased by Nimrod. Kitty would already be a member and main character on the team at the beginning of the story, and Cyclops and Jean already gone, as an indicator that this story actually takes place after..

X-men: The Dark Phoenix Trilogy -I personally wouldn't care if they ever made this into a movie, but I at least have enough respect for the Dark Phoenix Saga to say that, if they did, it would be nice to see it really actualized as the epic it was intended to be. Angel would be recouperating from injuries sustained in his fight with Proteus at the end of Return', and wouldn't show up until the third movie (to replace Cyclops and Jean in The Uncanny'). The only thing I'd really change would be to make the Imperial Guard seem more alien in the third film.

That's all I can think of so far.

Those are great but i dont think the whole Origins needs to be retold, very few people in the world don't know at least ENOUGH about the x men to skip the whole Origins story. I would actually modernize the story completely. My very first X men movie would start with a brief introduction of the X men who they are and what they do (maybe some of the avengers discussing it between themselves) then i would pick up from House of M / Decimation stand point and work my way through the Messiah stories and into AVX (since the avengers movie chain is so big atm) Do a big AVX cross over and go from there

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I agree; I don't really think the movies need to be rebooted at all, and honestly, the only reason to launch a reboot with the original team would be to distinguish the story from the Fox X-men movies, some of which (X-2 and :First Class) I do actually really like. But I'm sure I would watch these too.

I was more trying to come up with a way to make them close enough to the source material for the purists, and still different enough from the Fox versions to still seem fresh.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By McKlayn

@mcklayn: I agree; I don't really think the movies need to be rebooted at all, and honestly, the only reason to launch a reboot with the original team would be to distinguish the story from the Fox X-men movies, some of which (X-2 and :First Class) I do actually really like. But I'm sure I would watch these too.

I was more trying to come up with a way to make them close enough to the source material for the purists, and still different enough from the Fox versions to still seem fresh.

yea thats why i want the modern take, it will seem new and fresh and put some of the familar comic faces (Logan, Scott, Emma) and some newer faces (Cable for example? Hope) into the mix and it would help the current state of the Comics more then retelling the old stories and forcing comics to bring back xavier for example to cash in on them

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By evilvegeta74

Cut tie's with Fox first and foremost. Second recast a Wolverine who isn't 6ft tall or better! Find a serious Cyclops recast. Seek out a better actor for Colossus, cast a Night Crawler, recast Storm, and add Kitty Pryde and call the 1st movie Uncanny Xmen. Fill the movie with serious violence, and make sure Wolverine is not the center of the movie or team. No 70/80 yr old Magneto's either.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@evilvegeta74 said:

Cut tie's with Fox first and foremost. Second recast a Wolverine who isn't 6ft tall or better! Find a serious Cyclops recast. Seek out a better actor for Colossus, cast a Night Crawler, recast Storm, and add Kitty Pryde and call the 1st movie Uncanny Xmen. Fill the movie with serious violence, and make sure Wolverine is not the center of the movie or team. No 70/80 yr old Magneto's either.

I like this idea, mostly, but it's a bit of waste to separate Magneto from his origin in WW2. Unless he somehow gets frozen after the war (like Cap'), he should be that old. :/

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

I like this idea, mostly, but it's a bit of waste to separate Magneto from his origin in WW2. Unless he somehow gets frozen after the war (like Cap'), he should be that old. :/

he works out, alot <.<

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

he works out, alot <.<

hahaha.. okay, sure, but he should still be old.

In the comics they can avoid it a little bit because he was reduced to an infant and then restored to peak health (like a man in his 30's, they said), back in the silly 70's. By "Marvel time" this should make him be in his late 40's-early 50's, physically, but he should still be pushing 80, mentally.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My movie would combine the 616 universe with the ultmate universe.

The roster of the firs film will be the ultimate original Roster

Cyclops

Jean Grey

Beast

Iceman

Collosus

Storm

The villans would be Magneto and his Acolytes( thats way we get some nee villans involved such Fabian cortez etc). It will be about the divide between mutants beliefs and touch on human mutant relations etc.

The third film will have Mystique be the new villan with her Brotherhood of mutants which would have

Rogue, Destiny( and they would be lovers), Pyro, and a few others.

on the X-men side we would see the introduction of Nightcrawler and it will involve hevaily on Mystiques relationship with her children.

Mystique wouldnt be the only villan instead a third faction the, purifuers

The third film would be about the Sentinels and would intoduce Jubillie.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The Original 5 and Professor X vs Magneto and the Brotherhood in the MCU. The sequel would bring in Storm, Colossus, Wolverine and NightCrawler as a rescue team assembled by Professor X to find the Original team who will be trapped on Krakoa but for the sake of the movie say someone like say Mr. Sinister is pulling the living island's strings.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#28  Edited By amazing_webhead

Film 1: The Uncanny X-Men

Professor X and his teachers (Beast, Storm, Wolverine) recruit several young mutants (Cyclops, Jean/Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, & Colossus) to become the new X-Men. Together, they save young Bobby Drake from the Sentinels. As the team struggles to work together, (Cyclops thinking he's a threat to the others, Nightcrawler's insecurity, Iceman's desperation to rove himself, etc.) they face an old enemy of the Professor: the unstoppable Juggernaut!

Film 2: The Astonishing X-Men

Since their defeat of Juggernaut, Xavier's school has expanded so that now dozens of young mutants like Rogue and Kitty Pride have found a home there and are learning to control their abilities. But now the X-Men meet their greatest enemy ever: Magneto and his Brotherhood. Luckily, they have a new ally, the Avenging Angel. The X-Men stop the Brotherhood when Jean gets upgraded to the Phoenix.

Film 3: X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Jean has been showing signs of losing control. While Cyclops worries deeply about her, the X-Men get into a three-way war over her with the Brotherhood and the Hellfire Club. I' sure you can guess how it ends.

Film 4: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse

A new villain has risen. Apocalypse has threatened the world. Now, with their mysterious new allies, the thief Gambit and time-traveler Bishop, the X-Men must join forces with the Brotherhood to stop Apocalypse from taking over the world. Also, Mister Sinister resurrects Jean.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the posts in this thread horrify me
im really glad fan boys don't have contol over the mcu
its like you all want reenactments of what happened in the comic books not really considering that Marvel has to appeal to a global demographic and that comics are a completely different art form then movies.

What's the point of staying true to canon material? I don't get it. I agree to stay true to the characters and their characteristics but man you guys are a picky insatiable bunch. Most of canon material is ridiculously flawed anyways. I mean Avx, fear itself, and civil war are all canon and they are awful.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@phisigmatau: I completely agree. I don't like when fans are overly stuck to the past and want to reuse the same formats or concepts like they were so special to begin with. The Original 5 will always be an antiquated idea for a team and should never be the template for other mediums to use when creating an origin story for the X-men. I do appreciate the use of the All New All Different X-men because there are more choices to pick from and would give the team a real diverse feel that makes the X-men so appealing to different audiences.

We don't need a rehash of the same stories we just need reinterpretations of the familiar themes and new directions not seen in the comic books.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I do agree that we need reinterpretations. But I will say that I can see the value in both appealing to the masses and satisfying the die-hards. I would say the way to satisfy the diehards is for the characters to stay true to the comic characterizations so that they are recognizable.

That said though X2 was good. The Xmen franchise needs a reboot, and X3 should really be thrown out. Xmen was decent and 1st class was a very good movie IMO. The only thing I would change is for 1st class is that the O5 should have been plugged in as the team and January Jones should not have been Emma, this role should have gone to Rosamund Pike or 2nd choice Alice Eve

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Give it the flair of the animated series of the 90s mixed with Claremonts 80s phase and some of the modern elements that make the X-men mainstream. Also make Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine main characters.

Metron144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Metron144

I'd do it from a pure stance.

The Astonishing X-Men

Original five xmen. The story doesn't have to be some grand scale. It would start with jean grey discovering her powers and arriving at the school. She would then start training with the other xmen as all characters develop. As some of the brotherhood begin to attack government sites, Xavier would then reveal to his students the existence of his former friend, Magneto. He would give them the choice to use their abilities to defend the powerless against those who would abuse it, or to simply go on as a normal citizen. Naturally, the five move to stop members of the brotherhood. The fight is somewhat sloppy, but they drive the bro.hood back. Realizing that they are still rough around the edges, Xavier begins to drill them on team tactics and reveals the sub levels of the mansion, specifically, the danger room. The professor warns them that Magneto is incredibly powerful and is bent on blah blah blah. They train and develop further. When magneto finally makes a play for a top secret gov site that is building mysterious, advanced weapon systems (revealed in eventual sequels to be sentinels), The xmen confront him directly. Obviously they win in the end and are now, " 'bout that life". Professor Xavier, speaking with scott and jean, explains that more and more mutants are popping up and that they need to be ready to help and welcome them to the school. Prof.X asks Jean to begain minor use of cerebro in order to assist him. He reveals to her that she has telepathic abilities that he'd blocked until she would be ready to gain control over them. He lets her decide on whether or not she's ready. Naturally she chooses to on block her abilities and she begins learning how to control her telepathy under the direction of Prof.X. Jean also begins to assisst the prof. in using Cerebro. As they scan for mutants in north america, Jean zeros in north canada to a fierce battle between a two large beasts and a ferocious animal with claws. She only gets brief flashes of rage and slashes. Movie ends: Cast would be mostly unknowns. There would be two xmen outfits. The more traditional look with yellow, would be what they wear while training. When they confront magneto in the climactic battle, they wear oufits that are only navy blue. Cyclops would have his skull cap. All xmen would wear a version of a load bearing vest that has first aid and light supplies. All in all, a pretty practical look that is def NOT black leather. It would look slightly simular to the first class outfits.

Metron144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Metron144

@phisigmatau: I'm in favor of movies that follow the BROAD strokes of the original canon. Much like how Iron Man, Capt. America, Incredible Hulk, and the Avengers did. I hate how the xmen just pissed in characters, killed some characters off and just mucked up it's own continuity. Cyclops was reduced to a bitch boy who barely did anything until he was finally killed OFF SCREEN in the last stand. That type of trash must not happen again. Wolverine cannot be the center of three xmen movies if they're gonna try to get some solo franchise going.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to be a "hater" but a lot of people having the reboot feature the original 5 is only something you can only hope for.

First of all, movies these days tend to aim for diversity, so unless they change a characters race you can expect there to be Storm in the film or another ethnic character at least. Also, Wolverine is the most reliably bankable and well known X-Men character, X-Men First Class, which is the only one he wasn't featured in, being the the X-film with lowest box office earning stands as proof of this.

Also, the original 5 X-Men are kind of well, boring. So much so that they technically became canceled. There powers aren't very interesting, if you notice most of them were given upgrades, and their personalities are kind of one dimensional, I mean a good writer could probably give them a little more life but there is a reason they made an "all new, all different team". I could see them doing a movie where they have the usual "team is broken up and has to come back together" story device, like all the animated shows seem to be doing.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Lets see if i could reboot i would....Oh i don't know....GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! Give us more Gambit and Nightcrawler please Fox

Metron144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: The reason so many of us go for the original 5 is to simplify the story instead of packing it full of characters with complicated histories. The comic "first class" is a perfect example of this. Plus, we've yet to see the original five xmen get any sort of good representation in the movies. By keeping the story simple, we can focus on true character and story development. Xmen:first class is arguably the best xmen film, yet aside from magneto, which character go some

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: The reason so many of us go for the original 5 is to simplify the story instead of packing it full of characters with complicated histories. The comic "first class" is a perfect example of this. Plus, we've yet to see the original five xmen get any sort of good representation in the movies. By keeping the story simple, we can focus on true character and story development. Xmen:first class is arguably the best xmen film, yet aside from magneto, which character go some

I like how you think and I'm on board 100%, except that I wouldn't do just O5. I would make the plot a lil more compelling though.

Maybe have O5 but kill one or two of them off to add newer age Storm (and she plays an integral part to the plot- i'll get to that) .

Xavier's vision and the X-men's allegiance to it-
When they find out that Magneto is targeting a Sentinel plant and discover what Sentinels are made to hunt and kill mutants, the X-men lose a lil trust in a peaceful co-exist theory.

Cyclops a leader?
The highest ranking student and athlete of the academy, Cyclops has always performed well. When the stakes are really high and they have stop Magneto's terrorist attempt; and people or his team a member(s)(Angel?) get killed because of his imperfect judgement, Cyclops and the rest of the team question his leadership ability.

Jean Grey's loyalty to Xavier and Scott
When Bobby begin's to doubt peaceful co-existence after the Sentinel discovery, she rushes to defend Xavier's beliefs. However having grown up in a environment from where she was abused for being different does she even believe in peaceful co-existence herself? Also She's secretly in love with Cyclops but is that skewing her judgement of his leadership abilities? Especially after a team mate is killed due to a poor decision?

Bobby/Beast/Angel

After failing against Magneto the first time they urge Xavier that the team needs more strength. Leading to the recruitment of Storm. They also don't know if Cyclops is the best leader and also have issues with the co-existence theory.

Cyclops allows Storm to lead the team after his failure and pressure from the team. The team goes to protect a government building from a brotherhood attack but both teams are ambushed by Sentinels. After being captured and shipped to Genosha, Cyclops leads members from both teams and other mutants out of prison after giving a speech about co-existence and Xavier way. They find the real Sentinel farm and Cyclops leads both teams including Magneto to the destruction of the farm and also the freedom of the mutants. The X-men announce themselves to the world from the slave camp in Genosha, also bringing light to the injustice to mutants.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't really have to give any complicated back story, they executed it in the first X-Men film by the Professor just saying "Scott and Jean were some of my first students". They could do the same in any scenario. The only reason I think people want to see the original first class in a film is because they know that's what it is in the comics. The movie should just stand on its own merit and be able to use whatever characters are needed to facilitate the entertainment and inclusion of the world. For instance having Wolverine, the most popular X-Man, Storm, Bishop or any other ethnic character for diversity etc.

SuperHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/The_Uncanny_X-Men_Movie_Series

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By devilsgrin81

@shadowx said:

My movie would combine the 616 universe with the ultmate universe.

The roster of the firs film will be the ultimate original Roster

Cyclops

Jean Grey

Beast

Iceman

Collosus

Storm

The villans would be Magneto and his Acolytes( thats way we get some nee villans involved such Fabian cortez etc). It will be about the divide between mutants beliefs and touch on human mutant relations etc.

The third film will have Mystique be the new villan with her Brotherhood of mutants which would have

Rogue, Destiny( and they would be lovers), Pyro, and a few others.

on the X-men side we would see the introduction of Nightcrawler and it will involve hevaily on Mystiques relationship with her children.

Mystique wouldnt be the only villan instead a third faction the, purifuers

The third film would be about the Sentinels and would intoduce Jubillie.

i agree with this. The Ultimate Universe is far easier to translate into a movie since its not as tied down by 616 canon.

Honestly though, there is ONE THING and ONE THING only that can and would save the x-franchise... and that is getting it away from FOX. Marvel Studios and Disney should be doing everything possible to get it back. Heck they can even cut FOX in, if they let Marvel Studios make the movies (like they did with Universal to be able to have Hulk in Avengers).

You can see it the cast alone. There is more polish, more cohesion, more thought going into the casting - no-one can say that each of the individual Avengers weren't cast knowing they would all have to be in a movie together as a "team." And yet their team works almost flawlessly. There's the Thor/Hulk thing, the Bruce/Tony thing, the set-up for a Hawkeye/Cap/Widow thing... even Loki worked as part of the "Group" (every good group needs a good villain who can interact with each member smoothly, which Loki did perfectly).

Now look at X-Men, aside from Magneto and Professor X (and happily this works with both Fassbender and McAvoy and with McKellan and Stewart), there has not been one moment in the x-men movies where the team has worked well, where any kind of interaction wasn't bland as unflavoured ice-milk. Most revolve around Wolverine and ______. BORING. Good perhaps for an intro movie, not so good for a series. Wolverboring is also the WORST possible choice as an point-of-entry character, since he's got so much baggage he gives Heathrow a run for its money.

For an X-Men movie done by Marvel Studios, in the same Movie-verse as Avengers. We could actually have the Ms Marvel powered Rogue. We'd get decent casting choices flowing over from those films too... like Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver. Fantastic choice. have we all seen the abysmal looking choice made for DoFP... poor kid probably a decent actor, but going to suffer terribly with comparisons to the Kick-Ass Godzilla hunter.

I'd think Marvel Studios would keep only Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart - since they are so utterly tied into the X-Men... Patrick Stewart has always been Professor X, even when he was Picard. hmmm Picard and Xavier even have many similar qualities. Hugh Jackman i could frankly take or leave - i find since the movies in particular, we've been over-saturated with Wolverine in every shape and form, and yet he's so boring as our favourite little savage... Re-Casting across the board SHOULD include Wolverine, but its not likely until Hugh is just too old to play him... perhaps thats what we should wait for - Jackman to be too old to play wolverine anymore, then we might get a decent x-movie not solely focussed on his tedious monotony.

skypilotbinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By skypilotbinky

I wrote this a long time ago but I brainstormed 7 movies and 2 spin offs. These are just rough outlines of how I'd want the movies to go. I've completed 3 movie plots so far and have 6 to flesh out. Keep in mind that I don't intend these movies to go exactly the same way the comic book continuity goes and that I'm drawing inspiration from many stories from the comics, tv shows, and movies.

X-Men: The Mutant Massacre= A mutant hating religious sect called the Purifiers follow a young girl who they identify as a mutant named Tommy to a sewer entrance and attack a group of mutants living underground who call themselves the Morlocks. 8 mutants dressed in team uniforms, identifying themselves as the X-Men (Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Iceman, Beast, Colossus and Nightcrawler) arrive to their rescue. The X-Men defeat the Purifiers but fail to save many of the Morlocks. Nevertheless the Morlock leaders Callisto and Caliban thank them for their rescue efforts but inform them that they will not fight alongside them, wishing to live as human a life as possible. The loss of life during the attack brings mutant terrorist Magneto out of hiding in an attempt to form a mutant terrorist group called the Brotherhood. Back at the X-Men's home, the Charles Xavier's school for the Gifted, the X-Men learn about Magneto From Professor X. Magneto along with the mutant shape-shifter Mystique, her adopted daughter Rogue and a Cajun mutant named Gambit, take over a satellite that is owned by a large news company in North America and transmit a call to any mutants in hiding to come to gather at Times Square and reveal themselves with a massive display of their combined powers. The broadcast is seen by many mutants including a grotesque green skinned man with a long tongue who calls himself Toad, a man of massive girth who claims to be to be immovable and calls himself the Blob, two friends one who controls fire and one who can create earth shaking vibrations who call themselves Pyro and Avalanche, and a group of Morlocks who survived the Purifier attack lead by a woman who can grow bones outside of her body and use them as weapons named Marrow along with the electricity controlling Morlock Berzerker and a female Morlock who can change into a reptile form named Scaleface. A large scale battle between the X-Men and the Brotherhood occurs causing extreme damage and endangering the lives of innocent bystanders. The Brotherhood lose but escape when Pyro traps the Morlock group along with a large group of people in a burning building forcing the X-Men to turn their attention away from the Brotherhood.

Ending = As a result of the damage and endangerment of human life caused by the battle, the influential Senator Robert Kelly starts a campaign against Mutants. Meanwhile Professor X welcomes a new student to the school, Kitty Pryde, who can phase through objects, after which he receives a powerful and disturbing distress call from a very long distance away.

X-Men 2: Fight the Future = The Brotherhood target Senator Kelly, a mutant hating politician, for assassination and the X-Men must stop them. Kitty and Nightcrawler break into Senator Kelly's office where they run into Mystique who they find messing around with the Senator's computer. Mystique takes a hostage but Nightcrawler teleports in to save him. Mystique says "I'm sorry son." before zapping him with a nerve agent. Kitty escapes the office with a wounded Nightcrawler and the Senator's hard-drive. The X-Men learn where the Brotherhood plans to attack the Senator and Wolverine finds some disturbing news about Senator Kelly that might link him to Wolverine's past. Wolverine leaves the X-Men to investigate and teams up with two unlikely allies in Rogue and Gambit, two Brotherhood members that he encounters who believe Senator Kelly was behind the Purifiers. The X-Men go undercover at Senator Kelly's campaign speech. Before too long an attack by Avalanche and Pyro cause everyone to scatter and causes Senator Kelly to run for cover inside a building. The X-Men respond with their own two prong attack with Cyclops heading Iceman, Beast and Jean to attack Pyro and Avalanche while Storms team of Colossus, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat defend the Senator from Blob and Toad. Nightcrawler follows the Senator to the roof of the building where a helicopter is waiting. However, the pilot ends up being Mystique. During the fight Mystique turns into Nightcrawler which confuses Storm and her team. Storm aims a lightning bolt at the correct Nightcrawler but the real Nightcrawler jumps in to save his mother. Mystique calls Nightcrawler a fool before escaping. Meanwhile, Wolverine, Rogue and Gambit end up at the Weapon X Facility where they run into a man who calls himself Sabretooth. A fight ensues but Sabretooth escapes. Before escaping Sabretooth tells Wolverine about his past with Weapon X which was funded by the same company that funded the Purifiers and Senator Kelly's campaign. The company's name is Trask Industries and is owned by a man named Bolivar Trask. Back at the Senators campaign, the failure of the Brotherhood to kill Senator Kelly causes Magneto to reveal himself. He along with Pyro and Avalanche quickly defeat Cyclop's team except Jean. Jean and Storm combine their powers to create a massive wind that sends the rest of the brotherhood running. Magneto defiantly throws Colossus to the bottom of a lake. Kitty tries to save him but fails and Jean ends up sacrificing her own life, drowning to save both of them. Enraged a revived Cyclops blasts Magneto at full power nearly killing Magneto.

Ending= Colossus and Kitty are permanently injured during the fight and Colossus is stuck in his armored form and Kitty is stuck in phased form. Senator Kelly decides to back Human/Mutant relations and Magneto is imprisoned while the rest of the Brotherhood are on the run. The X-men mourn the loss of Jean Grey and Professor X learns the identity of the person sending him distress calls, an alien named Lilandra.

X-Men 3: Rise of the Sentinels = Lilandra lands on Earth but is intercepted by Mystique who is in the form of Xavier. The real Xavier finds out and leaves by himself to go save Lilandra. He mind freezes Mystique and the rest of the Brotherhood and learns that they are working for a man named Eric the Red. Xavier uses the Brotherhood against Eric forcing Eric to abandon his mission and return to his master, Shi'Ar Emperor D'Ken. Just as Xavier is going to leave, he and Lilandra are ambushed by a group of giant robots. Xavier sends out a distress call to his X-Men but as he's doing that a large atomic bomb-like explosion occurs over the lake where Jean died. The explosion is accompanied by a very loud psionic scream that is powerful enough to knock out the Professor. The rest of the Brotherhood and Lilandra are left to fight the robots but are overpowered until they receive backup from Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Storm and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler is nearly killed by the robots and calls out for help. Mystique in the middle of escaping decides to go back and sacrifices herself to save her son and is buried in rubble. The Brotherhood become enraged and begin co-operating with the X-Men to attack the robots. The attack on Xavier by the robots turns out to be a distraction to get the X-Men away from the school. Soon the school is under attack by the Purifiers lead by a man named Greydon Creed. Greydon Creed is revealed to be the man behind the everything including Trask Industries and Bolivar Trask who is just a scientist under his employ who built the robots called Sentinels. Colossus and Kitty, who are still recovering, are the school's only defense. They fight along with some of the students (Cannonball, Sunspot, Dani Moonstar, Karma and Wolfsbane). Just when it looks like they are going to lose, Wolverine, Rogue and Gambit arrive and help defeat the Purifiers. Greydon Creed escapes. Back at the Sentinel attack, the Sentinels keep coming and overwhelm the X-Men and Brotherhood until only Cyclops is left fighting. Critically injured Cyclops begins to lose consciousness. He sees an image of Jean followed by a huge explosion before his eyes close. Back at the school, the remaining X-Men see the explosion on the news and believing the other X-Men to be dead rebuild the school and Wolverine becomes Headmaster.

Ending = Greydon Creed returns to Trask Industries to find Sabretooth standing over an unconscious Boliver Trask. Sabretooth identifies himself as Victor Creed, his father, before killing him. Magneto escapes prison with the help of an unidentified mind controlling mutant. They both travel to where the second explosion occurred and dig out the still alive bodies of Charles Xavier and a depowered Mystique and take them south, heading for Antarctica.

I have 6 more movies but I haven't finished the plots for them.

The Savage Land (Professor X and Magneto Spinoff)

- Charles Xavier, Magento, Mastermind, Mystique, Ka-Zar, Karl Lykos, and Shanna fight to save the Savage Land from Garrok and Mister Sinister. Charles learns about his past and the past of mutant-kind. Mastermind turns on Magneto and captures him.

X-Men 4: The M'Kraan Crystal

- Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Phoenix, Storm and Nightcrawler team up with Toad, Blob, Avalanche and Pyro to fight the Shi'Ar guard and Emperor D'Ken to protect the M'Kraan Crystal.

X-Men: The New Class (New Mutants Spin Off)

- Wolverine is the Head Master of the school and welcomes Cypher, Magma, Magik and Jubilee to the school but before they settle in a woman in white lures them away from the school and into her own team. Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Karma, Cannonball and Sunspot must come to their rescue. Meanwhile Wolverine and Colossus learn of a deeper conspiracy involving the group known as the Hellfire Club but are captured.

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga Part 1

- The X-Men return home from space. Mastermind joins the Hellfire club and begins a long process to control the mind of Jean Grey and thus control the power of the Phoenix. Cyclops breaks up with Jean due to her unusual behavior and leaves the X-Men to begin a relationship with the newly reformed Emma Frost. Storm must lead the remaining X-Men, Iceman, Beast, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Rogue and Gambit, to fight a new form of sentinels that not only threaten mutant-kind but humankind as well. The X-Men also save a young girl who appears to be a clone of Wolverine. Wolverine, Colossus and Magneto break out of captivity and fight the Hellfire Club over control of Jean Grey. Mastermind attempts to control the minds of the three of them as well as Jean but dies as a result. In doing so, Mastermind linked the minds of all of them and Wolverine, Colossus and Magento become the Phoenix alongside Jean Grey.

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga Part 2

- The X-Men, the New Mutants and The Brotherhood must team up to stop the 4 Phoenixes. They are joined by the newest member of the X-Men, X-23 and a returning Cyclops along with Emma Frost and Charles Xavier and Mystique finally returning from their long journey from the Savage Land. Together they force the Phoenix back into it's original vessel, Jean Grey, and Cyclops must take the final blow killing her.

X-Men: Apocalypse - News comes from Worthington Industries that they have developed a cure. Warren Worthington III has been keeping his powers secret and has had a financial relationship with Xavier's school for a long time. He show up at the school speaking of a cure for the Mutant Curse as he put it. Many of the X-Men turn down the cure but 2, Beast and Rogue, secretly meet with Warren and follow him back to Worthington Industries. Unknowingly they are being followed by Gambit. The cure turns out to be a ruse created by a man named Nathaniel Essex AKA Mr Sinister and Warren, Rogue and Beast are captured by him and an ancient mutant named Apocalypse. Gambit tries to fight Apocalypse but is quickly subdued. Apocalypse with the help of Mr Sinister alters their DNA turning them into his Four Horseman. The rest of the X-Men are alerted by a female mutant name Psylocke of their fate and she accompanies a team of the X-Men to fight Apocalypse. Elsewhere, Cyclops and Emma Frost welcome a new baby boy named Nathan into the world. One night Emma wakes up to find Nathan missing from his crib...

lokiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie #1. X-Men, The Uprising: In an war hidden from humans, Professor Charles Xavier and his X-Men battle the darker more evil Magneto and his more ruthless Brotherhood, Magneto attempts to kill the president at his second inauguration term and Professor X has to use his powers in public for the first time, exposing mutants to the world in a good light to counter the negative light the war will bring when they see a mutant as powerful as Magneto try to kill the president and ensue the war among the Humans and the Mutants worldwide.

Movie #2. X-Men, Age of Apocalypse: When a mysterious mutant finds a way to reverse the building of the pyramids in Egypt they find and unlock the puzzle of the pyramids and underneath is a tomb of a mutant prince named apocalypse, he is reserected by this mutant name Dr. Doom, when apocalypse is resurrected he plans to conquer all the dimensions of Earth and destroy them one by one, then become the ultimate leader of Earth and all it's dimensions.. By playing on week mided mutants who want nothing more than to be normal, he builds his "Four Horseman", which are a group of 4 mutants who he tricks into thinking his treatments of evil were a cure for the mutant genes, eventually Apocalypse and his powers, and horseman grow strong enough so the X-Men, the Brothehood, the fantastic four and the unalligned mutants who remain hidden from human eyes have to join forces in order to destroy the four horseman before apocalypse can rebuild the dimensional portal 1000's of years later than he was supposed to, to rejoin his people in their new time and place in an alternate dimension of Earth called " The Savage Lands"....

Movie #3. X-Men, The Savage Lands: After not stopping apocalypse from going through the portal, the xmen, brotherhood and the fantastic four follow apocalypse into the portal and are all transpoted to the savage lands...the savage lands is run by Sauron who is an ancient pterodactyl type mutant with possession, and savages and mutants who have powers because they were born in that dimension, where he must go to the tower of his former people in the center of the savage lands to activate a giant crystal power source that will call Galactus here from another part of the universe to destroy it for good.the xmen and the mutants lose all their powers and rely on their own minds and bodys to overcome apocalypse and their enemies..they cant stop apocalypse from activating the crystal and when galactus gets to devour earth, jean offers to be his greatest and darkest herald called the Dark Phoenix in trade for the salvation of Earth and all its people, which galactus agrees to and vows to return if the deal is ever broken......

X-Men: Professor-X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Ice-Man, Wolverine, Colossus,, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Havok, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Dazzler,

Brotherhood: Magneto, Mystique, Sabertooth, Toad, Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Psylocke, Juggernaut, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, ArchAngel, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, deathstrike

Other Mutants: Sauron, Vertigo, Ruckus, Mr. fantastic, invisible woman, human torch, thing, Dr. doom, galactus

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would cast Danny Devito as Wolverine. They would have to do something to make him look a little shorter though, you gotta stick to the classic character designs after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

more solo movies.

i'd love to see a solo iceman movie, colossus, storm, gambit and psylocke. and movies where it gives all characters time to shine, without being overshadowed by wolverine.

the avengers did a good job without making everything just about one character. it was shared, everyone, even maria got their time to shine without being overshadowed.

The only X-Men character that really needs a solo movie, or could even carry one for that matter, would be Magneto. The X-Men are a team after all, and Days of Future past showed that they could make a movie that had a lot of characters that all were important and had a decent amount of screen time rather than the usual Wolverine circle-jerk.

Besides, The Avengers had such a weak script/plot that it really didn't matter in the end.

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If i rebooted the xmen movies.. i would start to tell the story of extinction agenda. .. my gimmick would be to create three movies like they did the comics. Release xmen first with genosha ambushing the school.. then xfactor or xforce next continuing the story.. but i would do two xmen movies 1)uncanny xmen with the gold team and 2)X-men with the blue team and intertwine them like how they are doing the avengers storyline.. the only actor i would keep is professor x patrick Stewart. . And hire non famous actors.. to keep cost down and focus more on the effects. . But xmen 1 would focus on the story lines of Xmen 1 & 2 of the comic

The second movie would focus on the gold vs the blue team chill time then flows towards omega red. Bishop shows up calls gambit a traitor

Third movie.. onslaught or professor x assassination

Uncanny xmen 1

Focus on hellfire club storyline with emma goin into a coma

Uncanny xmen 2

Focus on loss.. illyana funeral with magneto crashin the funeral

Uncanny xmen 3 the erase of magnetos mind and wolverine metal ripped out

adzpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By adzpower

Movie 1: The Uncanny X-men - Fetauring the O5 and Prof. X, them being recruited, their training, fighting against Magneto and the Brotherhood at the military base.

Movie 2: Giant Sized X-men - New recruits Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Wolverine join the X-men and with the rest of the team fight Bolivar Trask and the sentinels.

Movie 3: The Dark Phoenix - Introduce new characters Kitty Pryde and Emma Frost, I want this story done justice, Phoenix possesses Jean and she turns crazy, goes on a killing spree and has to be stopped by the X-men. Ends with her death. As she dies she loses complete control of the Phoenix and it destroys the X-gene in millions of mutants worldwide.

After the initial trilogy I'd do another trilogy contiuning on, maybe set a couple of years after with Kitty and Colossus getting together during this time gap as do Scott and Emma.

Movie 4: Endangered Species - Aftermath of Dark Phoenix and M-day, mansion destroyed in sentinel attack so X-men move to San Fransisco and Utopia, at end of movie a new light appears on Cerebro. Introduce new characters Namor, Magik and the Stepford Cuckoo's.

Movie 5: Messiah Complex - Anti mutant soldiers, the Brotherhood and the X-men race to find the new mutant that appeared on cerebro, a mysterious male (Cable) appears first and takes her into the future, at the end she returns as a 16 year old. Emma gets a frightening vision of the future.

Movie 6: Second Coming: Hope returns and is crowned the mutant messiah by Cyclops, Wolverine disagrees and takes his own faction of mutants back to New York, The Phoenix returns to possess Hope, Wolverine's team disturbs it and the phoenix separates into Cyclops, Emma Frost, Namor, Magik and Colossus. They remake the world in their vision but are stopped by Wolverine's team and SHIELD, the others slowly lose their phoenix power until only Scott remains, he gets a vision from Jean and relinquishes the phoenix which possesses Hope and she disperses it to create new mutants.

The End.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cattlebattle

I don't want to insult anyone....I guess its going to come off like that anyways, lol, but a lot of these just sound like dreadful ideas. Everybody basically wants to see exactly what happened in the comics...which kind of negates the whole "comic film adaption" thing.

Also, Its kind of boring if you already know whats going to happen?? Isn't it??

The only reason everyone is putting the O5 is because people know it from the comic. Thats it.....and thats dumb. A movie series should build characters and relationships throughout the films. Like Star Wars or Toy Story or something like that. How absolutely dumb would it be to introduce the O5 in the first film and then totally replace half the cast in the second film?? It would be pointless. Oh but wait...it happened in the comics so whatever I guess.

nicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: They all sound better than the actual films to me

don't see any reason why an x men film shouldn't start with the original five and still build characters and relationships n be innovative n whatnot. The x men comic book is x men. there's nothing dumb about using it as a blueprint when coming up with an adaptation.Too Many times in book to film writers have gotten too "creative" and strayed from the source material horribly missing the point in the end. To some the "O5" may be boring, but the whole tone of these original stories is what got it started. Teenagers growing up in a time of social revolution. The mutant scare is a fairly new deal. young kids learning to use their powers in a secluded school for the gifted, while doing Xaviers grunt work every now and then. there's an element of simplicity there yet it sets up a good foundation for all the great stories to follow. Just as vital as superman being launched out of krypton as a kid or batman witnessing his folks get killed. In all adaptations nobody messes with these elements. One would argue that x men is vastly different and should not be compared to the gods of DC because of its ever changing roster being ethnically diverse from early o clock blah blah blah... but lets face it if you're going to do a movie called x men based on the comic of the same name which is a pretty well known book it would be wise to use recognizable stories, characters, elements from those books. the black leather films tried to an extent they just failed miserably. Im all for artistic license but not when it horribly disfigures.My point if you want to get an x men film series right the original 5 is not a bad way to start.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cattlebattle

@nicos said:

@cattlebattle: They all sound better than the actual films to me

don't see any reason why an x men film shouldn't start with the original five and still build characters and relationships n be innovative n whatnot. The x men comic book is x men. there's nothing dumb about using it as a blueprint when coming up with an adaptation.Too Many times in book to film writers have gotten too "creative" and strayed from the source material horribly missing the point in the end. To some the "O5" may be boring, but the whole tone of these original stories is what got it started. Teenagers growing up in a time of social revolution. The mutant scare is a fairly new deal. young kids learning to use their powers in a secluded school for the gifted, while doing Xaviers grunt work every now and then. there's an element of simplicity there yet it sets up a good foundation for all the great stories to follow. Just as vital as superman being launched out of krypton as a kid or batman witnessing his folks get killed. In all adaptations nobody messes with these elements. One would argue that x men is vastly different and should not be compared to the gods of DC because of its ever changing roster being ethnically diverse from early o clock blah blah blah... but lets face it if you're going to do a movie called x men based on the comic of the same name which is a pretty well known book it would be wise to use recognizable stories, characters, elements from those books. the black leather films tried to an extent they just failed miserably. Im all for artistic license but not when it horribly disfigures.My point if you want to get an x men film series right the original 5 is not a bad way to start.

Costumes and rosters aside, I am talking about how people want to see the EXACT same story with the EXACT same character rosters adapted. They already exist in the comics.

Also, having the original 5 X-Men in a movie to only replace them with the All New, All Different team is stupid, it would be like a reboot.