Posted by poisonfleur (4518 posts) 1 month, 6 days ago

Poll: How's the new Uncanny X-men (2019) so far? (7 votes)

It's Perfect! Love everything about it. 0%
It's a breath of fresh air and nice change of pace. 14%
Too early to tell. The jury is still out. 29%
It's a bit underwhelming. But we've all read MUCH worse in recent years. 57%
It's trash. 0%

Let's hear your thoughts on the current Uncanny X-men run.

What do you like?
What would you fix?
What about the writers?
What about the art?
Do you like how it's weekly?
The team seems to balance a huge lineup-- but what are your thoughts.

#1 Posted by PyroFN (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

It flows a bit better now that the pieces are coming together, but it feels rushed. Still it’s not bad.

•What do you like?

The roster, the teamwork, and the humor. They finally feel like people who have known each other for years, rather than a few moments here and there. And, for the most part, the characters feel genuine and likable.

•What would you fix?

Pacing is one, but that will probably be worked on with continued practice and less rushed development. I would also give more situations for flashier power displays and teamwork. I know I mentioned above how the plus is that there is more comraderie rather than sprinkled moments, but I don’t think it would be a bad thing to have some major character centric sub-plots. Finally, make the characters seem a little more put together in hectic situations rather than people who just got hired on a job on Black Friday.

•What about the writers?

What about them? Just kidding. Don’t really want to give an opinion just yet since it still feels like the climax has yet to happen.

•What about the art?

It’s spotty. It can be good, it can be bad. One things for sure, Storm, Jean, Nate, and Betsy have the best looking power displays.

•Do you like how it’s weekly?

I do actually, but maybe more X-Books would be preferable if it means improve in quality and breathing room for writers.

#2 Posted by Koays (10531 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

It flows a bit better now that the pieces are coming together, but it feels rushed. Still it’s not bad.

•What do you like?

The roster, the teamwork, and the humor. They finally feel like people who have known each other for years, rather than a few moments here and there. And, for the most part, the characters feel genuine and likable.

•What would you fix?

Pacing is one, but that will probably be worked on with continued practice and less rushed development. I would also give more situations for flashier power displays and teamwork. I know I mentioned above how the plus is that there is more comraderie rather than sprinkled moments, but I don’t think it would be a bad thing to have some major character centric sub-plots. Finally, make the characters seem a little more put together in hectic situations rather than people who just got hired on a job on Black Friday.

•What about the writers?

What about them? Just kidding. Don’t really want to give an opinion just yet since it still feels like the climax has yet to happen.

•What about the art?

It’s spotty. It can be good, it can be bad. One things for sure, Storm, Jean, Nate, and Betsy have the best looking power displays.

•Do you like how it’s weekly?

I do actually, but maybe more X-Books would be preferable if it means improve in quality and breathing room for writers.

All of this.

It's feels rushed in places, but it's clear that the team of writers sat and worked out the whole 10 issue story before writing it. Which is coincidentally the reason i don't believe we'd get another weekly series any time soon.

I have to state that this is miles above anything else we've gotten on an issue by issue basis in a long while. And i think a big part of that is because it's weekly. I'm positive that if this was a monthly or even bi-monthly title people would've canceled or forgotten about it after month 2.

I'm a huge advocate for a 5 X-Book system (2 teams, Factor, Force and Junior), but the inclusion of so many characters and the way it alternates it's focus makes me think just having a big HUB book for everyone to be featured like this is great.

Regardless of anything that comes after, this weekly format focused in one book is the way I want all my X-Events and relaunches from now on. Just stop everything else so I know what story to focus on and then give me the event quickly so I don't build up or drop expectations for whats coming.

#3 Posted by AsheTDust (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s pretty good. I’d give the series a 7 so far.

One of the things I am enjoying is seeing Nate as a villain. I’ve always felt he was simply too powerful to remain an interesting hero, so I’m okay with this development. Hopefully they won’t chicken out and have him miraculously survive and see the error of his ways at the end. It would cheapen the whole storyline.