House of X and Powers of X discussion

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hopesummersforthefuture: Marvel is always "planning something" they have events like three times a year every year. Who cares anymore??

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @ursaber also i cant wait for jean to smack the holy heck out of Nate(we all knew it was coming lol) next month lol

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Based around how they are depicted, she will most likely be a pivotal part in running against Nate, but I doubt she will completely smack him down. It’ll probably be a group effort like Issue 10 of Uncanny.

Agree @koays?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@pyrofn: @ursaber also i cant wait for jean to smack the holy heck out of Nate(we all knew it was coming lol) next month lol

Can you give me a recall of what's been happening in Age of X-Man?

I've only been keeping up with UXM and Scott's team. Also, it was neat to see Hope again but man what a reunion gone bad.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Based around how they are depicted, she will most likely be a pivotal part in running against Nate, but I doubt she will completely smack him down. It’ll probably be a group effort like Issue 10 of Uncanny.

Agree @koays?

I would concur. X-Man is too powerful for Jean alone.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Can you give me a recall of what's been happening in Age of X-Man?

I've only been keeping up with UXM and Scott's team. Also, it was neat to see Hope again but man what a reunion gone bad.

*signs* logan is downgraded to being scott's protective guard dog now, kinda like in Utopia era before schism ha ha lol

(maybe we will see a farewell between nate and jean when nate's finally dies .......rest in peace)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) “*signs* logan is downgraded to being scott's protective guard dog now, kinda like in Utopia era before schism ha ha lol”

1) Always read your contracts before signing.

2) Isn’t it Logan’s state of being to be the attack dog? I also remember Logan licking Scott’s face back in the 90’s when he had gone primal. Lol!

3) A farewell does sound likely.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Koays  Online

@pyrofn: That sounds about right to me. There was heavy focus on Jean throughout the Disassembled event and Jean and Nates relationship was a major factor in the first issue and final battle.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@pyrofn: That sounds about right to me. There was heavy focus on Jean throughout the Disassembled event and Jean and Nates relationship was a major factor in the first issue and final battle.

also magneto said "two of the most powerful psychics" referring to jean and nate (so there, maybe jean was holding back in dissembled? when jean finds out that nate is "playing god" not only with herself but those she loves.........bye bye nate)

omg first scott's right eye gets shot out then magneto's right eye gets tk knifed out(other sites are joking scott and erik are father and son ha ha ) @ursaber

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @ursaber my daily -men thought is: i cant believe they gave Rachel tattoos on her face so she can look different from jean grey(whats wrong with looking alike? they both have didnt haircuts....)

Also years later, they gave hope a stupid star like thing on her right eye to resemble Cable(that one hurt the most)

and hope telling scott their not family cause cable is dead(BS) from Uncanny .........their family weather they like it or not(she even has the last name "Summers" so there)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: It’s a matter of necessity I suppose. I don’t know.

umm noo? also someone warn the cuckoos cause they might get it too lol

its pointless and stupid

Mateja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mateja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the Marvel Girl costume loks goofy af, can we please burry it already

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By adamTRMM

Well, he most certainly got taste.

Wonder why the white costume though...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber@pyrofn two reasons why jean and scott are going to get back together

1) the way x-men blue ended with jeen and tyke kissing(later we know the adults remember what they did)

2) from uncanny annual, scott wanted to see jean(no mention of emma)

case closed

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber@pyrofn two reasons why jean and scott are going to get back together

1) the way x-men blue ended with jeen and tyke kissing(later we know the adults remember what they did)

2) from uncanny annual, scott wanted to see jean(no mention of emma)

case closed

We shall see. I definitely look forward to their physical reunion.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: its nice to talk to a fellow jott-shipper :D :) :)

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) How you feel as a teen has only partial impact on how you feel as an adult. In terms of relationships, it entirely depends how the relationship was maintained.

2) Right, because all that matters is that Scott wants to see Jean. I’m gonna roll my eyes now.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: 1) How you feel as a teen has only partial impact on how you feel as an adult. In terms of relationships, it entirely depends how the relationship was maintained.

2) Right, because all that matters is that Scott wants to see Jean. I’m gonna roll my eyes now.

:) :) :)

ok what if Cap new found fondness for the mutants is because he was secretly dating jean since the last comic of x-men red

im not buying the whole "i respected u for years" to scott line from the uncanny preview

@ursaber

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These new issues right now are bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister's gonna be retconned.

Another Sunspot+Cannonball teamup incoming.

Monet...

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@aqualion0: The most surprising is White queen.

I'm thinking Xavier will be doom wannabe,while magneto may play Strange type role.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn if he really turns Sinister into a mutant that will be.... unnecessary? I mean, he's an artificial mutant already. I hope instead he will explore the very idea of what is mutantdom.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m okay with Sinister being a mutant.

I would be even more okay with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver both going back to being mutants again, since Disney now owns their movie rights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays @hopesummersforthefuture @god_spawn From july solicitation :

1. HOUSE OF X #1 (of 6)

FACE THE FUTURE

2. POWERS OF X #1 (of 6)

FEAR THE FUTURE

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cattlebattle: monet actually differs from emma in alot of ways. They are alike and different at the same time. I'm curious what he would do to monet. Hopefully some more screen time and her powers improve

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Interesting fan theory on what Hickman may do.

http://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/04/23/yall-the-x-men-are-going-to-mars-meeting-up-with-the-legion-of-superheroes-a-very-good-fan-theory-about-the-hickman-age-of-x-men/

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By HAWK2916

@weatherwitch21: @cattlebattle: kinda makes you wonder is it just a bit overly redundant to have both Emma and Monet. Not to mention someone like Frenzy who also is similar in power set as far as physically

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: emma and monet are 2 different characters with different powers. Emma provides a stronger telepath. Monet provides strength speed tk and understanding of technology. Now frenzy might prove a little inadequate compared to Monet since Monet is stronger and tougher so they dont make sense to be on the same team. Now on another team she would fit well and she is a character that deserves to be explored.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weatherwitch21: Yeah I'm well aware of their powersets they all happen to be favorites of mine. But honestly they are very similar in many ways and thus could be seen as redundant in some cases.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: if they dont use them to full capacity then they could be redundant but I feel Monet would benefit from training from Emma also Monet provides other aspects and the banter would be great

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmm the way Carey wrote Frenzy she always seemed a physical beast. Something I wouldn't say about Monet at all.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cattlebattle

@hawk2916 said:

Interesting fan theory on what Hickman may do.

http://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/04/23/yall-the-x-men-are-going-to-mars-meeting-up-with-the-legion-of-superheroes-a-very-good-fan-theory-about-the-hickman-age-of-x-men/

I thought it was sort of obvious that Hickman would use the Gardeners on Mars, seeing as like the author mentioned, Hickman tends to connect things and keeps his own personal continuity going and the flora being prominent in the promo art

As for the time travel, I also thing that was sort of obvious considering it's said in the promo that the story will deal with past and the future. However, I am still not sure if the characters are supposed to be future characters, or some weird amalgamated versions. Like I have said, the Soulsword character seems to have Dani Moonstar styled hair, and the Nightcrawler just being red and and having brown hair makes me think that he is fused with another character more than he is just Nightcrawler's son, and the one bald chick seems to have a similar costume to Omega Sentinel, and even Nimrod looks mixed with another character, I mean, the designs in the promo art are all mainly the classic designs except Nimrod for some reason. I don't know, I could be wrong but it looks like there is more to it than that.

I get every writer wants to create their own characters but I wish writers would have more consistency with the X-Kids, if they are indeed the children of current x-characters, it seems like so many different realities have different versions of X-children that are all unrelated. One reality has Rachel and Nightcralwer's daughter with Franklin Richards, one reality has Oliver Raven and the other Genext children, one reality has Ruby Summers, one reality has Bishop and Deathbird's daughter, then Bendis' realities had different characters etc. I think we need an Exiles series or something where theses characters all team up if none of them are going to be from any legit future.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I tend to agree. Personally I don't think we need any more new characters as there are just too many as is. I also think an Exiles series in which all the alternate versions, different realities and so-called future children are shoved off in so their fans can follow them there would be great.

Of course probably everyone knows the time travel stuff is definitely not a favorite of mine and while I hope Hickman doesn't go this route, I know that's wishful thinking at best. I can only hope it's done well for once in the Xmen's history

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The seemingly amalgam chars are most likely children of some prominent mutants. The Colossus/Magik girl is Kitty's and Piotr child I guess. The red 'Crawler is Nightcrawler and ??? son that inherited Azazel's appearance. I guess the bald ones might be Xavier's? And the other two, I have no idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, next X-men monday is with Hickman?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:

So, next X-men monday is with Hickman?

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/20/x-men-monday-featuring-jonathan-hickman-13-underrated-x-stories-mutant-fashion-and-cool-cyclops/

Yes,with Hickman.

AiPT!: That was beautiful. Gavin Higginbotham (@GavHigginbotham) was curious, when assembling your X-Men story, just how much back material did you read for research?

Jonathan: I’ve had a pretty good idea of what I would do with the X-Men for a few years now. Most of those general plans can be found in the upcoming Powers of X book. The House of X stuff came about when it became clear just how much bandwidth we’d have inside of both Marvel and the X-Office.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber@koays

AiPT!: Well, speaking of all those characters, Julian Keller (@alittlebittorn) asked if HOX and POX will feature core X-Men teams.

Jonathan: Going forward, however, I think the idea of ‘teams’ and ‘schools’ and other ‘ways to get things done’ aren’t necessarily the kind of things that we want to hold too tight to. I don’t want to give the game away, so I’m not going to say anymore, but we won’t be doing ‘gold’ and ‘blue’ teams in the traditional manner.

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe someone got paid to write that.

"Relaunching comic books is stupid"

What intrepid, inciteful writing. I have to sit a while and mull over the profundities of what I just read.

LOL

i think it wont be gold and blue teams like hickman said ..........but i think their will be "magneto's brotherhood/more edgy/dark team with emma, mystique, toad, sabretooth, etc) and then the regular x-men team(scott, jean, logan, xavier, )

thoughts? @pyrofn@ursaber@koays

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

I can't believe someone got paid to write that.

"Relaunching comic books is stupid"

What intrepid, inciteful writing. I have to sit a while and mull over the profundities of what I just read.

LOL

i think it wont be gold and blue teams like hickman said ..........but i think their will be "magneto's brotherhood/more edgy/dark team with emma, mystique, toad, sabretooth, etc) and then the regular x-men team(scott, jean, logan, xavier, )

thoughts? @pyrofn@ursaber@koays

I'd rather have two teams made up of heroes and pseudo villains who don't particularly fit the edgy darker or brighter gooder team dynamics. Give me a good match of personalities and the goals these teams want to achieve.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Ah bleeding cool a site where nobody knows what they want

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: They definitely could have reworded the subtitle better.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers