Leave it to Rachel to be the least fashion forward 🙄

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrofn@koays did u see this article, it refers to scott as jean's husband....... o.0........u know that look, it means here we go again LOL.......

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meanwhile, Scott’s idea of fashion is a bigger visor to make him look so surprised all the time.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pyrofn said:
@roddy2010 said:

Meanwhile, Scott’s idea of fashion is a bigger visor to make him look so surprised all the time.

It looks like a COVID mask that he moronically placed on the top of his face. The rest of his look isn’t bad tho. The color scheme is very nice.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@roddy2010 said:

It looks like a COVID mask that he moronically placed on the top of his face. The rest of his look isn’t bad tho. The color scheme is very nice.

They state that Scott was attempting something over the top for once......attempt is definitely the word I would use.

His look is definitely conservative, which is why the visor stands out too much.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Roddy010

@pyrofn said:
@roddy2010 said:
@pyrofn said:
@roddy2010 said:

They state that Scott was attempting something over the top for once......attempt is definitely the word I would use.

His look is definitely conservative, which is why the visor stands out too much.

Indeed. It’s giving very much metrosexual Captain America.

My best to worst world have to be:

Storm/Emma>Jean/Rogue>Kitty/Angel/Scott>>>>>>Monet/Betsy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rachel

you know it’s bad when Kitty outdresses you. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tempo ate too no lie:

No Caption Provided

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@roddy2010 said:
@pyrofn said:
@roddy2010 said:

Indeed. It’s giving very much metrosexual Captain America.

My best to worst world have to be:

Storm/Emma>Jean/Rogue>Kitty/Angel/Scott>>>>>>Monet/Betsy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rachel

you know it’s bad when Kitty outdresses you. 🤦🏾‍♂️

No Caption Provided

Sinister agrees.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: tempo's outfit is great, i want one <<<<<LOL

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@roddy2010 said:

scott's outfit looks like a costume wore in star trek villain's closet lmao

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using powers to enhance their look >>>>>

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the covers are pretty dope tho!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By devilsgrin81

Emma looks incredible in all three outfits.

I love Storm, Jean and Rogue. They're epic.

Kitty is ok.

Scott and Warren... um... really? Scott looks like he's off to fight sentinels. Oh and paging Mr Worthington, Nate "age of x-man" Grey would like his delusions of grandeur outfit back.

Rachel's is horrific - it staggers me that any writer/artist would think she would WANT to wear the Hound costume...

Monet's is not much better than Rachel's ... she's the most disappointing i think. She is a fashion plate, and to be dressed like that...

oh and lastly, may we present Sailor Britain, here to save the world from the evil Queen Beryl and marry Tuxedo Mask. Just Yuck.

Quick edit... the scans of Tempo... WOW she looks amazing. I rank her right up there with Jean and Rogue. She looks so effortlessly fashionable.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is no one commenting on the de facto best outfit out of all of them???? Yana!!! And she's got red floating horns as well. Yana>>>>>>>

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea....see the problem once again surfaces with Leah and Rachel.

I mean we've always seen Rachel's outfits refer back to her Hound trauma, but To think that they think this is her idea of high fashion makes me question the view of the writers on her character.

It's like I've been saying, Leah's Rachel is not the same Rachel we've had for the last 20years of titles...and while she wasn't always the best defined character, she clearly wasn't who Leah sees her as which is the kind of character who would willingly wear a muzzle given her history.....idk were missing a story to bridge Rachel to Leah's Rachel is all I'm saying

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I mean we've always seen Rachel's outfits refer back to her Hound trauma, but To think that they think this is her idea of high fashion makes me question the view of the writers on her character.

It's like I've been saying, Leah's Rachel is not the same Rachel we've had for the last 20years of titles...and while she wasn't always the best defined character, she clearly wasn't who Leah sees her as which is the kind of character who would willingly wear a muzzle given her history.....idk were missing a story to bridge Rachel to Leah's Rachel is all I'm saying

No, you are completely right. I don’t think anyone is thrilled about this beyond Leah.

Honestly, we haven’t really had anything from Rachel character-wise.

Even if they wanted to go with a Hound look, they could have done so much better than what Leah told Dauterman to do...smh.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Who's braided red hair is Rachel using as her Warwolf's leash? Her own from a death? Hasn't her hair been short for a long while? I agree that Rachel wouldn't throwback to her Hound origins...with razor sharp nips no less.

Betsy's...I see the nod to her pink costume, high femme with a flutter of Sailor Mooniness and it's cute, I just wish she was serving even half of what's on Emma's menu. Is that Wendigo fur?

A lot of them look like they function as combat ready, which I get when you're defending a super-powered nation. Jean, Storm and Cyke in particular. Where are the gowns though? I see lots of sharp shoulder pads and bare legs.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

>Since Hickman's era began like 80% of the X-men characters seem to be written out of character from how they traditionally are portrayed.

Koays: "These series are brilliant!!"

>Rachel gets drawn in a hound outfit

Koays: "I-I don't think these writers are very familiar with the characters they are writing!!"

;P

Aenese_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel need someone to spank her for that outfit

I volunteer

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Lmao, I mean the thing is I like how she's using Rachel as far as the role she plays....but it's clear that she kinda sees her as this silent edgy lesbian which doesn't really gel with how we've seen her in the past....ever? (Though this is kinda the way I feel alot of RaeKitty shippers want her to be portrayed)

It doesn't really bother me in X-Factor because i do think it's one of the best X-books. But something like this is just waaaaayyyy out of character.

Like the Rachel we see in X-Men and Cable is closer to the old Rachel who isn't really the Rachel in X-Factor who I could see wearing this.....it sorta just dismisses the trauma of a character who is all about trauma and PTSD without explaining how she put it so far behind her that this is OK.

Rant over...its whatever...Rachel got eaten by Carnage

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I know, I was just messing with you kind of. I mean, I meant that I feel like most of the characters are written out of character, but, you know.

As for Rachel, as far as I remember in Excalibur she wore a hound outfit and managed to put her traumatic past behind her, though, I think there was a Graphic Novel planned to explain how that never saw print. And Claremont used to see all women that were close friends as possible lesbians, so, there is slight precedent for that behavior I guess. Anyways, that writer got her job because of her race and sexuality, and these people are fragile and narcissistic and have to convey all of their traits into the characters they write, are you expecting like Alan Moore level writing here??

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Eh....I mean Leah wrote some straight up trash during Age of X-Man but I've gone through it and I genuinely enjoy most of her stuff.

It's not world shattering writing or epics but it's great for the current Marvel style of light fun comics with mild drama.

My thing with Kitty & Rachel is that I've always understood it but I've always sorta been against it....entirely because I ship Kitty and Colossus till my dying day...but now I'm sorta growing against it because it seems like it's being done mostly because vocal people on twitter want Kitty to bang Magik and Rachel.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: Eh....I mean Leah wrote some straight up trash during Age of X-Man but I've gone through it and I genuinely enjoy most of her stuff.

It's not world shattering writing or epics but it's great for the current Marvel style of light fun comics with mild drama.

We can't be friends anymore.

Not because I have some sort of hatred for these writers but as you point out, the current way marvel has it's comics with the least talented people writing comics laden with shitty quip-y humor, bland art, and rehashed stories needs to end.....not be embraced.

@koays said:

My thing with Kitty & Rachel is that I've always understood it but I've always sorta been against it....entirely because I ship Kitty and Colossus till my dying day...but now I'm sorta growing against it because it seems like it's being done mostly because vocal people on twitter want Kitty to bang Magik and Rachel.

I am going to try avoid writing a 6 paragraph reply and just say this-- I never really understood why Kitty and Rachel became best friends....other than Claremont had a habit of taking his favorite female characters and making them all best friends and quasi lesbians. They are characters from two, totally different types of worlds, one, a privileged, wealthy, Jewish upbringing, the other, hell world. They should of not liked each other tbh, but, alas, in Claremont's world women don't dislike each other for any reason whatsoever, unless they're a villain.

Also, Colossus and Kitty were weird considering the age difference I get that the age disparity hasn't been a thing in a while but whatever. I thought Colossus and Callisto were better considering one was scarred on the inside and the other on the outside and all that poetic irony shit not to mention the relevance of their names in mythology.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Hey I get it.....I'm really not into the sexualizing of Magik and the Rachel & Kitty thing was a bit forced and seemed a bit like a cop-out to give Kitty a similar dynamic to her guest appearances with Magik in New Mutants.

Truthfully the thing with Claremont is that he really does seem to have a problem writing platonic female friendships but its only really a problem when 20 or 30 years down that's the only thing people chose to remember. Like I always saw Rachel as dependent on Kitty because of all of the people she had a past relationship with in her backstory she was the only one really accepting of her... Magik I could definitely see, but beyond her relationship with Magik, I don't feel she's ever seemed like the type of character to look for those romantic connections...especially given what she represents as far as a child abuse metaphor.

Lol Cattle, I totally get it....but I mean at this point it's almost impossible to move backwards....maybe if Marvel would do something like DCs Black Label...but the age of adult writing that's fresh an also meaningful is kinda dead or dying in Marvel....but as far as Leah....meh. I like what it represents as far as a title construction...like it's a book with 4 LGBTQ characters and no one had to have a "SURPRISE YOUR GAY!" moment which is very organic.

I mean, straight guy talking which may trigger some people, but it's a huge step from Thors secret lover Todd being revealed to get a sales bump.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays: Yeah, it's just funny that in in Claremont's X-Men comics almost every female is an eternally bound blood sister, which gets kind of boring for a team dynamic honestly. The only divergent example I can think of is Rogue and Dazzler not getting along, but that's only because Rogue was a villain beforehand and battled Dazzler, they wound up making nice eventually. In the 90s, in Generation X, M rubbed everyone the wrong way and Jubilee would get along with the boys better than the girls. It was refreshing.

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be "adult" writing. Something I have actually noticed is action is somewhat gone. In the 90s, when X-Men sold gangbusters, there would be action for like half the issue. When Hickman wrote New Mutants, he would have the action be in expository pages and have suggestions for a at-home-RPG game...I'm not even kidding . Less action would be fine if the stories were more engaging, but, they aren't unfortunately.

I always think it's kind of amusing that people will look at old 90s issues of X-Men comics with images overly muscular characters, pouches, and ridiculous characters like Shatterstar posing with his swords and laugh and be like "wow, that's so dumb" meanwhile, those comics raked in like millions of dollars on the regular and the modern books can't even pull 100 thousand. I think they need more expository pages where Hickman explains ORCHIS though.