inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

According to TVInsider, Fox is working on getting the X-Men their own television series. Fox Entertainment Chair Gary Newman stated they are in negotiations to develop an X-Men television series. The problem with all of this is while Fox's parent company 20th Century Fox owns the films rights, a live action television series needs a blessing from Marvel. According to Newman, things are looking up though:

"It's in negotiations," Newman confirms. "We're cautiously optimistic, we had a good meeting with them. That will not be on a fast track creatively. This is just the deal, now we have to find the creative."

As of right now, there is no script or concepts because they are still working on the finer points of this deal to make the show a reality. Newman says the show won't be ready before the 2016-2017 season. There's been rumors in the past about this deal and show, but this is the first time there is confirmation.

With shows like Flash, Arrow, Gotham, The Walking Dead, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. all becoming hits, now is the time to strike while the iron is hot and it's only a matter of time before we see one of Marvel's hottest teams get a television series of their own.

What would you like to see on a live-action X-Men television show? What's your ideal team line-up?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm with it...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Do it!

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see what a live-action X-Men TV show brings to the table.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool! Love the idea! X-factor maybe. With Polaris

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Makes sense, there are so many X-Men teams/characters why not give some of the other X-Men a show? not to mention the X-Men comics are the soap operas of comics, so it's a perfect fit for a show.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think X-Factor would fit in the best but I guess they might want to go with better known characters? I'd check it out, whatever it happened to be, I guess.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

yessssss YESSSSSSSSSSS I;'m liking all the news and castings coming in today boy!!!!

~MiB

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didnt they try that with mutant x or tomorrow's people. wont work cause marvel wont approve

vojtavem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vojtavem

Hell yes! Even animated series would be awesome.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping they use characters they haven't explored. Something like X-Factor or the New Mutants could possibly work

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"It's in negotiations" with Marvel/Disney?

Good luck with that Marvel/Disney and Fox love each other.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noooo!

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking that it'll be a New Mutants type show if it happens, featuring the students more so than Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, etc. Although I think that we'd see a lot of appearances from Xavier/Jean/Beast as teachers.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vojtavem:

been there, done that, over and over. I've always wanted to see a live action show, so im happy it seems to be happening.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cable or Bishop, set in the future.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Marvel should just say no and do it themselves. Netflix would be the perfect platform for X-Men related content. A good way of getting them into the MCU, still a bummer they can't be in the movies, but at least they would be somewhere.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__kamikaze: They're not aloud to use them on TV either, Fox still owns the rights to all the characters, just not the proper TV license.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it needs a blessing from Marvel could it potentially be part of their MCU?

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By BigMan1227

@roaris87: genius!!! They can make it an extended MCU like the Netflix shows. Connected, yet it's still it's own thing.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Asgaard

@roaris87 said:

@bigman1227 said:

@roaris87: genius!!! They can make it an extended MCU like the Netflix shows. Connected, yet it's still it's own thing.

There are no mutants in the MCU only Inhumans. Marvel/Disney only can make X-men animated series, they can't do live action, but Fox also doesn't have any licence to make Series with the X-men their licence is only for movies.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Disney/Marvel is not going to allow this.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be genuinely be surprised if Marvel/Disney let them do it. Ever since Disney bought Marvel, and a little before then, Disney has been making a point of bringing all of their properties home. Not only in movies, but in video games as well. So I can't see them letting Fox make a series of a property they very obviously want to take back.

Unless they add some kind of stipulation to it, like any series that Fox does has to be outside of the movie continuity and be open to MCU involvement, much like they're trying to do with Spider-Man.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have no faith in FOX.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men is a property that I think is really well suited to TV, hope this happens.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@roaris87 said:

@bigman1227 said:

There are no mutants in the MCU only Inhumans. Marvel/Disney only can make X-men animated series, they can't do live action, but Fox also doesn't have any licence to make Series with the X-men their licence is only for movies.

So no body is allowed to make a live action show? It seems to me this could be a big chance for Disney/Marvel to bring in mutants to the MCU. I don't see it happening but this is their chance to do it

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By dernman  Online

Why does this feel like a slap to the face of Marvel when they're probably only doing it for the money.

I'm not happy with this because I just don't like how fox set up the X-universe and the more stuff they make the longer it's going to remain with them. Hopefully it will feel separate and I can find some enjoyment out of it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roaris87 said:

@asgaard said:

@roaris87 said:

@bigman1227 said:

So no body is allowed to make a live action show? It seems to me this could be a big chance for Disney/Marvel to bring in mutants to the MCU. I don't see it happening but this is their chance to do it

When Fox bought from marvel a licence to make X-men movies, it was establish that marvel or anyone else couldn't use that characters in live action, but Fox also can't do a live action Tv series without buy the tv series licence.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A blessing from Disney?

Good bye Xmen show.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@roaris87 said:

@asgaard said:

@roaris87 said:

@bigman1227 said:

When Fox bought from marvel a licence to make X-men movies, it was establish that marvel or anyone else couldn't use that characters in live action, but Fox also can't do a live action Tv series without buy the tv series licence.

I get that, what I'm saying is this would be a good chance for Marvel to say "ok Fox, you can make an x-men show but it has to fit into our MCU and we can use mutants etc etc." It will never happen, but with fans clamoring for mutants and x-men in the MCU this could be Marvel's bargaining chip.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roaris87: I think Disney/Marvel will wait for the 2015 Fantastic Four movie flop, to negotiate the return of that property and give Fox their tv series licence, after all a X-men tv series could help to sell more comics and merchandise, that's why in this report they say that this new tv series never will happen before the 2016-2017 season.

I could be wrong but i don't see where is that demand to see the X-men in the Mcu, Marvel Studios is clearly going with the Inhumans, and to see mutants in different universes Fox and Mcu could be confusing for non comic book fans, i know that Dc is going with several universes, but the MCU flag is everything is connected.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AbdullahZubair

Too many comic shows on tv. If this show airs, shows like Izombie, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Luke Cage, Daredevil and Gotham will die like Constantine. I already stopped watching it because of Flash, Arrow and Gotham! Even some of the upcoming movies will be flops. Don't overdo comic books in the form of movies and television series. Just focus on the god-damn books! And cartoons as they remain close to the original source material.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like marvel to say yes but on the condition that Hugh Jackman can be in the MCU as Wolverine. You scratch my back, i'll scratch yours sort of thing.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By batarangbamz

I've refused to support any Marvel properties not handled by Marvel Studios. Guess it'd be one more to add to the list.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Interesting...

bravemav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

"It's in negotiations" with Marvel/Disney?

Good luck with that Marvel/Disney and Fox love each other.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Crossing fingers they use a modern version of the 90s theme song!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Give me Magik and i am happy.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

Give me Magik and i am happy.

Exactly!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they accept this. The show could be awesome.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could work especially if it's New Mutants or XFACTOR. A serious animated series would be even better- make it an hour long each week.....that could set a trend. Like someone posted earlier I hope the market doesn't get over saturated with the superhero live action stuff.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Marvel???

Yeah... Spidey has a better chance of making it into the MCU than Marvel and Fox will collaborate...

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but don't get your hopes up...

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only doing it to compete with TNT's Titans. And isn't Gotham on the same network?

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope its good but i doubt it. Marvel/Disney wouldnt do better Agents of Shield cant even compete against Flash. Fox well if the show is good they will cancel it. I guess it depends who the writer is and what type of format. I'm tired of that one case per episode bullshit i want arcs. I think only netflix would do this right since they love one big arcs for seasons.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Thank God :)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope its good but i doubt it. Marvel/Disney wouldnt do better Agents of Shield cant even compete against Flash. Fox well if the show is good they will cancel it. I guess it depends who the writer is and what type of format. I'm tired of that one case per episode bullshit i want arcs. I think only netflix would do this right since they love one big arcs for seasons.

The ratings of Flash are better than AOS?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Transformers1024

I love Fox's take on the X-Men (yea, I said it it!) but there are too many DC/Marvel shows at the moment to even get excited about this type of announcement anymore.